Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Highorbits Engineer Guide MkII

Lesser Guardbot has an actual requirement of 367 mc/ts to stay within oe rules

At the part where it tells you locations of equip that can help you with MC and TS, can you put right next to it what level you should be to go in there without dying.

lesser gladiatorbot did't work with 219, if you want to update that info

Weapon to use?

Ive been thinking about making an engineer for quite awhile, im just abit unsure on what weapons to go with.

I've heard that pistols are ideal for PvM but wouldnt they be IP costly with Pistol+Flingshot(usually)+Multi Ranged?

I also was thinking of going shotgun and get shooter of the door keeper and maw of the abyss

then I was thinking of going down the path of grenade. I have a QL40 redline to use for awhile then a high QL kyr grenade gun.

Pistol is a lot more ip expensive than grenade, beacuse of the cost of fling shot, multi ranged and maybe burst. And it's those 3 skills that make it more damaging than grenade. Grenade does still good damage and is less ip extensive because you have good weapons that don't have specials (Kyr'Ozch Grenade Laucher (unupgraded), Prohibited Hand-Mortar of Bacam-Xum) but still do decent damage and is thus a popular choice for tradeskillers who need a lot of ip for tradeskills. And with just investment in fling shot you can get even more damage from a Nizno's Bomb Blaster.

Another bugged bot... Perfected Automaton requires 79 MC/TS, should be usable down to 63, but works only from 69 and up..
    Last edited by Shaoleet; Nov 17th, 2005 at 23:42:17.
    Marcos "Sisyphos" Bacarella - lvl 220 Enforcer 2HB *slam* *hack*
    Prof. Steven "Techleet" Falken - lvl 220 Engineer *solder* *screw* *BOOM*
    and the cuddly leet family -=(DNW miss yoo!)=-
    Through the ranks of the Unbeliever we shall move, creating a river of blood as we go.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiiane
    did a little testing out of necessity with my engi.. Advanced Gladiatorbot requires somewhere in the range of 314-316 MC/TS (more than 10 above the 303 it should... eek)
    315 does not work.. must be 316 then.
    Marcos "Sisyphos" Bacarella - lvl 220 Enforcer 2HB *slam* *hack*
    Prof. Steven "Techleet" Falken - lvl 220 Engineer *solder* *screw* *BOOM*
    and the cuddly leet family -=(DNW miss yoo!)=-
    Through the ranks of the Unbeliever we shall move, creating a river of blood as we go.

Very nice guide. Lots of information to digest.

Oddly enough, I find it wierd that there is hardly any mention on Bots. Truely, Bots are our lifeline. I would think there should be a section in and of itself, devoted to explaining everything about the bots.

IE..

Reference current nano lists, but explain (as best able) stats and OE caps and which bots are better for what purposes when used with what trimmers..

ETC ETC..

Is there not enough *elders* that are capable of handing down this information? Sub-100, I can see the thought of "always get your highest bot" getting by, but without explaining control factors after buffs drop and such...

Sorry, I am blabbering...

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Zzart
    IE..

Reference current nano lists, but explain (as best able) stats and OE caps and which bots are better for what purposes when used with what trimmers..

ETC ETC..

Is there not enough *elders* that are capable of handing down this information? Sub-100, I can see the thought of "always get your highest bot" getting by, but without explaining control factors after buffs drop and such...

Sorry, I am blabbering...
    Highorbit did infact list OE caps. Lemme hunt for it...

Aha.

Section 5.7.5 lists OE's. And, btw, for nanolistings (which do include bots) this is your Holy Grail.
    Last edited by Saetos; Jan 7th, 2006 at 05:11:06.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos
    Highorbit did infact list OE caps. Lemme hunt for it...

Aha.

Section 5.7.5 lists OE's. And, btw, for nanolistings (which do include bots) this is your Holy Grail.
    Yes, he did.

He listed all bots at 80%, and a list of those that are not 80% with incomplete information.

This list needs to be addressed and completed. This is one of the reasons I posted. Since some of you are higher, you have the opportunity to help test and get definate answers instead of leaving it to 1 person to get the answers for everyone else.

Nano listing - not everyone starting the game knows about Auno.org. My comment was more about adding the reference to it.

As I get the chance, I plan on trying to help contribute also.

Being new to the game itself, I have voiced my opinion on what could make the guide better. If you, or anyone else, feels any other information is "a given".. maybe you should try looking at it like a new person who knows nothing about the game does.
    Last edited by Zzart; Jan 9th, 2006 at 16:34:43.
    ** I don't do typo's, I am just testing your knowledge of Vocabulary.
    ** How do you know you cannot achieve something if you never personally try it?
    Zzart 207 NM Eng
    SoldierZzart 220 Atrox Soldier

Common WarMachine

After jumping through a few different hoops, I was able to finally cast a Common WarMachine.

Since I had the bot, I wanted to test where the OE was.

The Bot DID NOT listen at 609.

The Bot DID listen at 611.

Because of various buffs and such, I am unable to hit the 610 number to test it.

Just thought I'd share.
    Zzart 207 NM Eng

Just a request that if someone finds the time, maybe update the links from aodb to auno.org links

Yes, he did.

He listed all bots at 80%, and a list of those that are not 80% with incomplete information.

This list needs to be addressed and completed. This is one of the reasons I posted. Since some of you are higher, you have the opportunity to help test and get definate answers instead of leaving it to 1 person to get the answers for everyone else.

Nano listing - not everyone starting the game knows about Auno.org. My comment was more about adding the reference to it.

As I get the chance, I plan on trying to help contribute also.

Being new to the game itself, I have voiced my opinion on what could make the guide better. If you, or anyone else, feels any other information is "a given".. maybe you should try looking at it like a new person who knows nothing about the game does.
    Got to address a couple points on this post Z...

First off, the list of known bugged bots is where it belongs, on the bug list. If some information is incorrect or missing it's really not that big a deal. It's far easier to simply gain one or two levels and use the next bot that is not bugged than to spend stupid amounts of time finding out precisely where and how much the bugged requirement is.

As far as not everyone knowing about auno goes, if you read these forums you either do or will quickly know about it as it's referenced a huge number of times daily.

Lastly regarding a 'need' of engi's who have come before you to test the exact OE bugs of little bots I must tell you that you are wrong. Number one, our skills are far too high to make testing something like that even possible unless it's done while rezzing which doesn't produce perfect results anyway because of client/server lag. the estimates done that way would be no better than what is currently on the list. Additionally, most of us deleted those nanos from our inventory years ago and aren't about to go buy them just so we can test for you what the exact amount you'll need to use them is.

Suppose one other thing on my mind regarding a question you had above. Until you reach shadowlevels, ALWAYS use the highest QL bot you can control without OE. There is zero difference in them except for linear scaling of power. There is exactly zero instance in which you would want to use a smaller RK bot over a bigger one. Hope that clears up things for you.
    Rustybolts, 220 Supreme Creator
    Kofiannan 220 Dictator
    Aalant, 210+ Savior
    Jeffcorwen 201+ Adv
    Rustyblades 204+ Enf

Nevermind, not worth arguing.

Forget I ever said ANYTHING on this thread. It is obvious, every engineer in the game knows EVERYTHING about their class, from level 1 up.
    Zzart 207 NM Eng

Nevermind, not worth arguing.

Forget I ever said ANYTHING on this thread. It is obvious, every engineer in the game knows EVERYTHING about their class, from level 1 up.
    Heh, love people who hate those being helpful...
    Spleenman Phear the Spleen!

Proud member of Alpha Omega

Quote Originally Posted by Jorji
    im not going to go as far as stabbing my eyes out.. im gonna remove them with a spoon, place in a jar and when such horrors never again grace a thread ill have them reattached..

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty
    Suppose one other thing on my mind regarding a question you had above. Until you reach shadowlevels, ALWAYS use the highest QL bot you can control without OE. There is zero difference in them except for linear scaling of power. There is exactly zero instance in which you would want to use a smaller RK bot over a bigger one. Hope that clears up things for you.
    Well - unless it's an EXTREME emergency, like you HAVE to be at X in seconds, I don't bother asking for mochams - I just hit CTRL 8 and left click somethin' I can selfcast.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

/me comes to visit the forums

Hey guys How's things? Nice to see you're still the professional Rusty

Anyway, thanks for all the updates to the bits and pieces everyone, I'll try and put some of them into the main section.

Oh yeah they made me change my forum name so I could write here without reactivating my account, hence the "2".
    Last edited by Highorbit2; Jan 19th, 2006 at 12:19:12.
    Highorbit - Supreme Creator - Atlantean - 205 - Armour
    Andrele - Sorcerer - Atlantean
    Simarion - General - Atlantean - 200
    Zendia - Doctor - Atlantean
    Roanna - Preserver - Atlantean
    Littleorbit - Priest - Atlantean

Shameless Self Advertising: Engineer Guide

A quick thanks to No1, Bokks, Siriam, Aiiane, Jolleeee, Deetwo, Ulthae, Kingbling, Shaoleet and Zzart for the testing on the OE limits for the bots.

I'm having trouble updating the main post with it. Character limit is too close on each of the posts and it's tricky to shuffle things around. So for now this is the updated list (with working links):

• Lesser Automaton - Should require 20 MC and TS to be within OE. Actual requirement is 27 MC and TS - Making this bot the holder of the coverted "Most Bugged" award and it gets a big "Do Not Use" sticker.
    • Perfected Automation - Should require 64 MC and TS to be within OE. Actual requirement is 69 MC and TS.
    • Patchwork Gladiatorbot - Nano Upload requirement is 241 MC and TS. Shell requirement is 245 MC and TS.
    • Lesser Gladiatorbot - Nano upload requirement is 258 MC and TS. Shell requirement is 261 MC and TS. Should require 207 MC and TS to be within OE. Actual requirement is 220 MC and TS.
    • Inferior Gladiatorbot - Nano Upload requirement is 278 MC and TS. Shell requirement is 277 MC and TS.
    • Common Gladiatorbot - Nano Upload requirement is 317 MC and TS, cast requirement is 318 MC and TS. Should require 254 MC and TS to be within OE. Actual requirement is 274 MC and TS.
    • Advanced Gladiatorbot - Should require 303 MC and TS to be within OE. Actual requirement is 316 MC and TS.
    • Perfected Gladiatorbot - Should require 312 MC and TS to be within OE. Actual requirement is 316 MC and TS.
    • Lesser Guardbot - Should require 352 MC and TS to be within OE. Actual requirement is 367 MC and TS.
    • Inferior Guardbot - Should require 362 MC and TS to be within OE. Actual requirement is unknown (testing required).
    • Guardbot - Should require 405 MC and TS to be within OE. Actual requirement is unknown (415+ requires testing).
    • Perfected Guardbot - Should require 449 MC and TS to be within OE. Actual requirement is unknown (458+ requires testing).
    • Patchwork Warbot - Should require 493 MC and TS to be within OE. Actual requirement is 514 MC and TS.
    • Lesser Warbot - Should require 507 MC and TS to be within OE. Actual requirement is 518 MC and TS.
    • Common Warbot - Should require 545 MC and TS to be within OE. Actual requirement is 552 MC and TS.
    • Military-Grade Warbot - Should require 578 MC and TS to be within OE. Actual requirement is 584 MC and TS.
    • Patchwork Warmachine - Should require 588 MC and TS to be within OE. Actual requirement is unknown (testing required).
    • Flawed Warmachine - Nano upload requirement is 751 MC and TS. Shell requirement is 753 MC and TS. Should require 601 MC and TS to be within OE. Actual requirement is 612 MC and TS.
    • Common Warmachine - Should require 608 MC and TS to be within OE. Actual requirement is 611 MC and TS.
    • Military-Grade Warmachine - Should require 654 MC and TS to be within OE. Actual requirement is 662 MC and TS.
    • Slayerdroid Protector - Should require 682 MC and TS to be within OE. Actual requirement is ~686 MC and TS.
    • Slayerdroid Sentinel - Should require 695 MC and TS to be within OE. Actual requirement is 698 MC and TS.

Got to address a couple points on this post Z...

First off, the list of known bugged bots is where it belongs, on the bug list. If some information is incorrect or missing it's really not that big a deal. It's far easier to simply gain one or two levels and use the next bot that is not bugged than to spend stupid amounts of time finding out precisely where and how much the bugged requirement is.
    It acutally is a big deal when a new player is trying to plan out some levels, equipment and nano's. in case you don't remember, getting enough money as a new player, to buy all your nano's and adaquate euipment, is not all that easy. Spending that 400,000 credits on a bot you can't use for another 2 levels could mean up to an extra week of playing since new equipment might have been a better choice.

As far as not everyone knowing about auno goes, if you read these forums you either do or will quickly know about it as it's referenced a huge number of times daily.
    If I am just starting out, the last thing I look at is the general forums. I go to the class forums and read some of the guides to see what interests me. Adding a link to a site that has the Nano's should be a no brainer. (read - THERE IS NO LINK IN THE GUIDE)

Lastly regarding a 'need' of engi's who have come before you to test the exact OE bugs of little bots I must tell you that you are wrong. Number one, our skills are far too high to make testing something like that even possible unless it's done while rezzing which doesn't produce perfect results anyway because of client/server lag. the estimates done that way would be no better than what is currently on the list. Additionally, most of us deleted those nanos from our inventory years ago and aren't about to go buy them just so we can test for you what the exact amount you'll need to use them is.
    Go back and read what I wrote. I said "HIGHER". I did not say "all you level 220+". I read your commnet to mean that every engineer on this board is 220+ or damn well should be. You are wrong. Again, as a "community", if those who are able help provide the info, those who come behind us may find the road easier to travel.

I was not unclear on this. As I said, the Bots themselves are really not discussed all that much. As THAT is the main source of DPS for our class, it would stand to reason that putting some discussion about them into the guide would make perfect common sense.

Again, for the guide, stop thinking like a level 220 know it all, and start thinking like a level 2 beginner trying to get a grasp on the game. THAT is where I am coming from. THAT is why I posted what I did, the way I did.

Spleen, I am not goaded easily, you failed.

H.O., thanks for the update. You have done some great work here. I'll try and get some info on the patchwork and flawed war machnies, if I can get my hands on the Nano's.
    Zzart 207 NM Eng

Hey Zzart,

I appreciate your comments, it's nice to be able to make the guide better and more applicable. I need to rewrite all of the links in the guide, they're all out of date now. And I'll certainly add in links to Auno.org as everything else I've added has disapeared.

It's just it may take a little time, I haven't played AO in at least a year and a half and my account is still inactive - this is the reason that no additions or comments have been acted on. I'm quite impressed that the guide is still pinned up there really - in game terms it's been there for a considerable amount of time.

One of the main reasons I didn't include more about bots in the first place is the amount of work. Early on I realised that the only way I was going to get things like the OE limits down correctly is if I took another engineer to at least level 100 - I did start off an Engineer character for doing this, I just ran out of steam. The vast majority of the updates are because of input from replies to this thread and the original version.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast