Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Highorbits Engineer Guide MkII

Originally posted by Highorbit
    5.2. Secondary Skills
    Map Navigation - Raise to 80 and use temporary implants to install maps and upgrades as high as you can.
    Would recommend not raising map navigation at all. Base skills alone will raise map navigation to well above 80. As a person levels they can use various quality temporary map navigation implants (i.e. 10, 20, 30, 50, 70, 90, 110 and so on) to install higher maps. This should help save IP for the primary areas, or other secondary areas.

A character should be able to install all maps up to ~350 map navigation using expertise (sense, intel and psychic) and ql 200 implants by the time the character is breed capped in abilities. Of course, there are other items which add to map navigation as well, so players could potentially install even higher maps without having spent IP in map navigation.

5.4.1. General Buffs
    The first buffs you should look at getting in the game are the "Expertise" nanos. You can find a list of Expertise nanos here. It's highly advisable to get these as soon as you can.
    Would recommend the "Proficiency" nanos first. Can use "Proficiency" much sooner than the "Expertise" line. Plus, the "Proficiency" line will help individuals cast "Expertise" nanos sooner than they would normally be able to cast "Expertise" nanos on their own.

5.5. Items
    These are details of some items that add to "Matter Creation" and "Time and Space" which we can use to help us summon our bots.
    Suggest adding.
    First Circle of the Inner Sanctum
    Second Circle of the Inner Sanctum
    Third Circle of the Inner Sanctum

7.2. Weapons for Improving your skills
    None of the weapons in this section are here because of their damage, so if you'd rather just have a better robot and want some help getting that check these out.
    Suggest adding.
    Polizziotto M203 Druid

Originally posted by Cemetarygate
    Would recommend not raising map navigation at all. Base skills alone will raise map navigation to well above 80. As a person levels they can use various quality temporary map navigation implants (i.e. 10, 20, 30, 50, 70, 90, 110 and so on) to install higher maps. This should help save IP for the primary areas, or other secondary areas.

A character should be able to install all maps up to ~350 map navigation using expertise (sense, intel and psychic) and ql 200 implants by the time the character is breed capped in abilities. Of course, there are other items which add to map navigation as well, so players could potentially install even higher maps without having spent IP in map navigation.

Changed text to read:

Map Navigation - Optional, but if you raise to 80 you can have the important map upgrades (people & monsters) quickly. Otherwise use temporary implants to increase and upload maps as you level.

Would recommend the "Proficiency" nanos first. Can use "Proficiency" much sooner than the "Expertise" line. Plus, the "Proficiency" line will help individuals cast "Expertise" nanos sooner than they would normally be able to cast "Expertise" nanos on their own.

General buff section now reads:

The first buffs you should look at getting in the game are the "Proficiency" nanos. You can find a list of Proficiency nanos here. It's highly advisable to get these as soon as you can.

After these you should look at getting the appropriate "Expertise" nanos. You can find a list of Expertise nanos here. Again it is advisable to get these as soon as you can.

Added those three.

Suggest adding.
    Polizziotto M203 Druid
    Debated adding it but haven't as yet since it doesn't alter any of the skills that section is interested in.

The arguement would be that if I add this one I should add all the other skill buffing pistols... and there are a lot of those.

Otherwise thanks for all the recommendations
    Highorbit - Supreme Creator - Atlantean - 205 - Armour
    Andrele - Sorcerer - Atlantean
    Simarion - General - Atlantean - 200
    Zendia - Doctor - Atlantean
    Roanna - Preserver - Atlantean
    Littleorbit - Priest - Atlantean

Shameless Self Advertising: Engineer Guide

Debated adding it but haven't as yet since it doesn't alter any of the skills that section is interested in.

The arguement would be that if I add this one I should add all the other skill buffing pistols... and there are a lot of those.
    Actually, I misunderstood the intent of that section. I thought the intended purpose was weapons for improving nano and aiding skills. I see now, the purpose is weapons for improving nano and aiding skills for better bot creation (MC, TS and intel) or nanos you would use on the bot (BM, MC, MM, TS and intel). In which case the Druid (SI) has no use there. That being the case, would suggest a change to the title or description of that section to better clarify that point. (cause people like me confuse easily )

Originally posted by Cemetarygate

Actually, I misunderstood the intent of that section. I thought the intended purpose was weapons for improving nano and aiding skills. I see now, the purpose is weapons for improving nano and aiding skills for better bot creation (MC, TS and intel) or nanos you would use on the bot (BM, MC, MM, TS and intel). In which case the Druid (SI) has no use there. That being the case, would suggest a change to the title or description of that section to better clarify that point. (cause people like me confuse easily )
    Okay... reworded the intro to that section to:

None of the weapons in this section are here because of their damage. They all have one purpose. To help you get a bigger and better robot to hit things with.

Better?

Just a small addition today.

Guardbot has been added to the list of bugged bots.

A few minor corrections and a big upgrade to the Trade Skill section.

Added in:

11.1 Introduction to Trade Skills
    11.2. Trade Skill Processes
    11.3. Charging for Trade Skills
    11.4. Special Tools
    11.5. Maximum Skills for each Breed
    11.6. Tutoring and Why It's Important
    11.7. Where to find out more

I'm sorry I have to correct you on this high... but crafting guns require much more than ME and WS...

Chem streamer BE ME WS
    Containers BE WS
    All other recipes WS ME EE QFT NP (sometimes one is missing but it's pretty damm rare)

Originally posted by Lulabby
    I'm sorry I have to correct you on this high... but crafting guns require much more than ME and WS...

Chem streamer BE ME WS
    Containers BE WS
    All other recipes WS ME EE QFT NP (sometimes one is missing but it's pretty damm rare)
    Never intended to refer to the other guns, so made that a little more clear and added B&E to the requirement now.

Thanks

Added Inferior Guardbot to the list of bugged bots.

This one is largely untested. If anyone can confirm the bug that would be very helpful.

Common Warbot Seems to be a bit buggie as well, should be I think 545, but was still OE at 549 if I remember correctly.

Edit:

Just re-read your list, you have the Inferior Warbot listed as an unknown, that one seemed to work fine.
    Last edited by DaHatester; Aug 26th, 2003 at 18:15:49.

[Social] Martyred: everyones health should be at 0, i will adjust this on an individual basis now.
    Rambazamba: macrosun doesn't exploit, he's like neo in matrix. he bends the code at his will.

I'm not really a CoT, I only play one on TV.

Originally posted by Ihateu
    Common Warbot Seems to be a bit buggie as well, should be I think 545, but was still OE at 549 if I remember correctly.

Edit:

Just re-read your list, you have the Inferior Warbot listed as an unknown, that one seemed to work fine.
    Thanks for Common Warbot now, if you happen to find out when it stops being OE please let me know

Haven't removed Inferior Warbot since it's not present, figure you have it confused with Inferior Guardbot

Haven't removed Inferior Warbot since it's not present, figure you have it confused with Inferior Guardbot
    Oops Sry meant Lesser Warbot

[Social] Martyred: everyones health should be at 0, i will adjust this on an individual basis now.
    Rambazamba: macrosun doesn't exploit, he's like neo in matrix. he bends the code at his will.

I'm not really a CoT, I only play one on TV.

Originally posted by Ihateu

Oops Sry meant Lesser Warbot
    Okay removed Lesser Warbot for now.

Cheers.

Added Perfected Gladiatorbot to the list of bugged bots. If anyone knows the true OE limit for this one please let me know.

Update time...

Added...

3.4. Pet Command & Maximum Range - Brief note of command and maximum pet ranges.
    5.3. Perks - Brief section and a few links about Perks.
    Updated lists of nanos a little, added a link to our new "Knowledge" and "Mastery" lines to highlight them a little.

Removed...

All references to Anti-Pet nukes since they appear to be no more! :-D

Still need to add the new Breed Ability caps. Not sure if the SL Beta NDA is still active of not but assuming it is.

Not much general information on Shadowlands in there, especially not about quests etc, not sure it's needed though. If anyone can think of anything that would be nice to add please let me know as usual.

Last edited by Highorbit; Sep 11th, 2003 at 14:25:52.

Added 7.3 on Weapon Skill Perks.

Changed a few other bits and pieces.

Added the level 200 and level 220 Breed Ability caps to section 1 since they showed up on the Suggestions forum.

13.2.7. Solar-Powered Master Engineer Pistol

Nano Programming Interface - Shop item from Tools.

Nano Formula Recompiler - Mission reward or Loot.

Lock Pick - Shop item from Tools.

NCU Memory - Mission reward or Loot.

Crystalized Medusa Queen Hippocampus - Known to drop off The Brood Mother in Hollow Island. Alternative spawn point is unknown.
    hippocampus drop confirmed? other thread implicate that the drop is not confirmed so far...

tleilax
    nobel prize engineer - rk3

Rare drop from the Brood Mother.

Given the difficulty of killing her that's not an easy one to really test.

I know a few people have it from there, but I haven't seen any reports of the new drop... and everyone is busy in Shadowlands.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast