Thread: Symbs for an Ex-Froob

Symbs for an Ex-Froob

Hello, I just upgraded to a paying account with all expansions. I was 196 enge at the time, and I'm 200/7 now. The question I have is what ql symbs should I/could I be able to twink into without too much hassle? I've seen guides here of people putting in 220s at lower levels then me, but I think that's with alot of hassle and perk resets. Thanks for any advice.

On the bright side you dont have to reset any perks, because you just upgraded, so you can go straight to putting them perks in their respective lines (usually first aid, DNA and genius) for the symbs

Unless of course you already assigned your perk points into bioshielding and mechanic
    Silverado: L220 Omni Engineer (Rimor)
    Equipment - Screenshot

Silverado's Little DD Guide for Engineers

Silverino: L213 Omni Soldier (Rimor)
    Equipment - Screenshot

Silverino's How to Equip a QL300 KMP5 for Soldiers

I've assigned some of them, I have 4 left over though, which I guess I would have to put into First Aid. But what ql symbs could I put in? 200ish? 220ish?

First of all, congratulations on hitting the 200 mark, and for getting a respectable 7 alien levels

That being said, take note of your 6 core abilities and Treatment skill, write it down on a piece of paper. To this you'll be figuring out just how high you can take these skills, to fit any of the Control symbiants. Everything from the agility rifle, Enhance DNA perks, your Alpha Genome perks, med suit, First Aid perks, ANYTHING in the game you can slap on that will add to those 7 abilities. From there, you can start figuring out what ql symbiants you can theoretically equip, once you get all your buffage.

Have fun eventually getting the chicken bot, mate
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Its kinda hard to say as putting in imps/symbs is very delicate process. Firstly they are not hotswappable and secondly many of them buff the ability that is needed for putting them on.

Having the situation where you have to start from scratch is hard. That said lets take a look at the most vital parts. Head, eye and r-hand. Sadly all these 3 most important ones for us are also the ones that give treat. Talkin about the eye you dont have much choise. The 160 control eye being one of the rarest symb nearly your only option is 210 eye. You should be able to get 200 brain on. I must say I dont even know about r-hand. Additionally you could push to 201 so you can get treat transfer for +60 additional treatment.
    Filby 220/15 engineer
    1800+ ME, EE, WS, Pharma, NP, Psychology
    Enough QFT, 2000+ Chem, 1200 BE

I'll say go for 200 symbs at 200 and upgrade to 210/220/240 at 205 and 210.
    Kuznechik, Board member of Disciples of Omni-Tek (and few dozens of alts)
    DoOT is recruiting
    -------
    Well, as a well-known fact - I know nothing (especially about engineers).

i'd say get 200s brain/rhand, then level some Then you should easily get 210 eye in, then level more and at +/- 205 get rest of the symbs in. At this point you dont really need all of them, not even for casting pets (remember to use lvl 200 RK slayer). Upgrading at this lvl can make your wallet cry , and there's no point in switching symbs over and over. Starting your fun with expansions with perk resets isnt exactly a fun either.

Thanks for all the advice, I think I'm going to go with a 200 brain and r.hand and wait for the eye untill 201.

If you're grenade engi (I recall seeing you with a OT 12) you might want to stick with a grenade right hand imp. Might hurt you a bit on casting the 203 dog later on but it shouldn't really hinder you that much.
    Waiting for a cure.

Yeah I am and it is something I've been thinking about. It realy sucks now there is no grenade in control symbs.

I wouldn't use a hand or eye slot for grenade, unless you have nanoskill to spare. Right arm you won't lose much by putting grenade there.

Not really sure what you need more Grenade for. You wont get much more damage because pf post 1K AR nerf. You probably already hit almost everything you fight.
    If you are already using Grenade you have already decided damage is of little interest to you. So get more tradeskills and nano skills, they are much more important in your case.
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.
    WTB ql150 weapons, Grand Armbands, Eye of the Evening Star.