Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Preliminary 14.0 Patch Notes

Re: Preliminary 14.0 Patch Notes

Originally posted by Cosmik

-Pets will not lose all buffs when zoning anymore.
    huh? does this mean that to this day my combat pet almost never had instill buff on?

well good to know it will be fixed..
    Etchu solitus omni MP 103 on rubika1.. just left departmentX for First Order..
    Feydrutha nanomage omni NT 25 on rubika1 retired atm
    Rodja atrox omni soldier 20 n00b!

Re: Re: Goody...

Originally posted by MikeWeather

I doubt it.
    As half the people round here seem to be in a state of perpetual unhappiness, I doubt it too.

And Nanogater, why do you think smething else might be going on? Of course, these new fixes might break something else, so maybe your right...
    :-)
    Last edited by Darkbane; Mar 6th, 2002 at 15:25:25.

IP-reset.

There has been a lot of discussion about this, and at least 80% of the players think we should have one, so why isnt this being implemented?

- praxiz

Re: IP-reset.

Originally posted by praxiz
    There has been a lot of discussion about this, and at least 80% of the players think we should have one, so why isnt this being implemented?

- praxiz
    If there were to be an IP reset, it would most likely be a one time only thing. So, why would they do it anytime soon? If you have read any of this thread at all, or read some of the profession boards you might have noticed that there are alot of problems with several professions still.

So, why would they do an IP reset now when if there is to be one it should be done after all the professions have been looked into?

People keep calling for an IP reset, and I think one needs to happen, but not now or anytime soon. Once the professions are fixed there should be a manditory IP reset/Unequiping(one day after a patch, you log on to find your IP has been reset and all your weapons/armor etc has been unequiped) One time only, and only after the professions are fixed.

Re: Re: Re: Goody...

Originally posted by Darkbane
    And Nanogater, why do you think smething else might be going on? Of course, these new fixes might break something else, so maybe your right...
    :-)
    Those fixes listet don't need 4 hrs downtime. Maybe they look into missing loot, major zoning problems, playfield downtime, mob dead but still fighting etc as well, but if they do, why can't they just say so ?
    NT = Nerfed Technician

My doctor told me I am paranoid, so I shot him.

Obviously he was an alien agent sent here to kill me...and he did not come alone!

Great patch notes so far, but logically this is what I see.

1. Team Missions are great, this will bring back the need to group in the game.

2. NTs need to be helped more then agents or advents, why here is why. My level 75 agent can breeze through a QL 100 mission, killing reds like they were greys, why cause my level 105 NT is nothing but a Implant whore for my other characters right now cause she can't solo a QL90 mission without having her butt handed to her. My level 95 advent, who I dont play at the moment, but may in the future can solo QL105 missions, sometimes with difficulty but still can take out a high orange.

3. One time IP reallocation, this reallocation should cost and cost a lot of credits. This would be great for those of us who started a character and did know what the hell we were doing and totally gimped our character and really don't want to reroll him/her cause well its our first. My 95 Advent would love this.

4. Set an over equiping limit to say a QL of 10 above current level. This would give a greater balance and bring back a grouping aspect to the game. You wouldn't have level 20s totally handing a level 50s butt to them in the arena.

5. Class balance, well people wake up and smell the coffee, some professions are going to be weaker then others, if not then this game would totally suck. My level 30 fixer and speed demon should not be able to kill a mob with the same impunity as say an equal level enforcer. It should be much tougher. In team scenarios every class has there place in the group.

Enforcers: Dump Meatsheild Tanks
    Soldiers: heavy damage tanks
    MA's: Swift damage dealers, utility healer
    Advents: Damage Dealing healers, team speed.
    Agents: Pullers, rooters, snaring
    Fixers: Snaring and speed
    Docs: Team healers
    NTs: Nukers; nano buffing
    MPs: Pet class and utility heal with heal pets.
    Engineers: Pet class and buffers
    Crats: Mob charmers and Pet class
    Traders: Charm, Nano dump and skill buffs.

Everyone one has a place in a group. This game has turned into an anti-social, dysfunctional brainless game cause of the mentallity "If I can't solo a red mob that is 20 levels or more above me I quit"

Just my 2 credits worth.
    Hans "Kelvian" Wyles
    Adverturer Extaordinare.
    "Life is to short not to enjoy the simple pleasures it has to offer, like finding Omni Scum, slicing them to bits and then enjoying a good bronto burger afterwards!"

is this chat fix going to fix the win95 chat problem where we 95 users are unable to chat ingame?
    Riotox Solitus Martial Artist
    Riotx Solitus Soldier
    Proud member of Lifeless Immortallity

Killin is my buisness ladies, and buisness is good -- Major Payne

Re: Re: *cough*

Originally posted by Chromatorg

Now about 3-shot kills - if an agent can kill you in 3 shot, then EVERY other prof will do some... cuz every other prof have at least as high dmg as agent...

Now about specials: I'm quite saticfied how AS works in PVP (thought i would like to see a little change: if you attack an unaware enemy from sneak mode you should have 60% HP cap - but this will allow even more devastating alpha stirke, so i dont know really...)

But im quite dissapointed with AS in PvM. AS in PvM almost impossible to fire off in group, and AS do 90% of the time crap dmg... AS in PvM must be much much easer to fire and do at least crit dmg, and chance to get a higher multiplier must be much greater too...
    Actually, I fought an MA last night, Used Mark V Soldier shield, which deflects 75% damage away from me for 40 seconds. 3 shot kills fo agents are not possible, at least I havnt seen it. My Aimed Shot, which normally does 2500(which is lower than shotgun crits btw) hit the MA for 1025, then my normal shots(against mobs do 300-2500) were only hitting him for 150-600. Well i shot at him for 40 seconds, until MK wore off, then I got hit for 1150, 1150 dead.

Anyone who says Agents can 3 shot kill is full of it. I am LVL 133, with QL 180+ combat implants in, capped skills and do not have to buff into my QL 188 Ranee, except for 40 points needed for the shotgun requirement. The ranee is the biggest scritting Agent rifle out there.

So yeah it does need fixed.
    Jennii
    Unit Member - Storm
    Jenestria
    Gumpp
    Gridchik

"Only n00bs whine about twinks"

Talking

Maybe its just me...but I'm thinking that /list isn't going to affect anything at all. I'm not saying that I want it, because I don't, I'm just saying that it probably won't work anyway. With that thought, I don't believe that there's any sense P&Ming about it until its in and working, and we can judge how bad it f***s things up.
    Princess"Lashleigh" Tabledancer - Unit member of Nirvana

Yes, I had my own fan club. Behold the power of spam....

Unhappy ACK!!

For the love of god! Please, please, please do not implement the /list command! At least not without an /anonymous command. This will completely change the feel of the game.

Umm happy now? No.

Simsalabim

You said anonymous. No, thats not what I said I want. I dont want to show up on /list at all. Not as myself, not as "anonymous", nope, nothing, zip.

I dont want to show up at all on /list so I do hope it not only have "anonymous" option but total "hide" option also.

Zarch and da chars who dont want you to know where he is hunting and when...

OMG

Please allow us to be anon if you impliment a list comand, last thing I need as a MA is more tells for crit buffs (expected for free of course). I have to hide as it is in major population areas.
    Takuan
    Future Sword Saint of Rubi-Ka
    Martial Artist
    Storm

Issues regarding latest patch update

Please - consider adding an 'annonymous' command if you are going to put in the list command. Also - why stop at a zone wide list? Why not let me do a '/guild list' commend so I can see who is on-line in my guild?

Other issues -

When are you going to fix the 1 handed melee trade skills? There are a number of kits that don't work - as in one item won't combine to complete the item.

The chests in missions are bugged to - always locked and usually empty - plus did the B&E skill check go up again?

and lastly - when are Advents getting some love?
    Nursebetti 200Doctor

Re: 'Full' preliminary patch notes out

Well, that settles the arguement over which class, Adventurer, Agent, or NT would be fixed in 14. The answer? None of them!

Sarelron

I really hope this is not the case. I am getting frustrated with the Agent class daily. I used to love playing this class, after loosing my title last night, I am considering finding something else to do, or maybe even a new game. I can see why people in the Agent class are threatening terminating thier membership. I have been patiently waiting for this class to be fixed, and with the promises if it being fixed in 14.0, I was excited. But it seems now that we are left in the dust again. I will wait until 14.0 to make my decision, but the prelim patch notes look most discouraging for any fixes to our class.
    Jennii
    Unit Member - Storm
    Jenestria
    Gumpp
    Gridchik

So true

I thought Agent's were promised some things in 14.0. But I do not see anything but a message on concealment. I know things can be added to 14.0, i the Agent loving going to be one of them by any chance? Had fun fighting a MA the other day... ya I was able to root him but I couldnt take more then1/10 his health away with my awesome stigma :-P. By the way he wasnt healing untill he got to about 8/10 his health, and that was rare too. Then again its another story. The thing here is that the Agent community was expecting something in 14.0. Was that all a lie?

Question Team Missions

What I would like to know is this: dose everyone in the group get side tokes for compleating the misson and do we all get the reward as well? Or is it just like it is now in solo missions where only the mission creater gets the reward.

Re: Preliminary 14.0 Patch Notes

Originally posted by Cosmik

-Pet chat will now show master's name in addition to pet name.

-It is now possible to alt-tab from AO running in full screen mode.

-Pets will not lose all buffs when zoning anymore.

Darn and I loved changing my pets name to player names and acting like they were saying annoying things to other players. He he he...

Alt tab... you mean it wasn't POSSIBLE before? Wow what had I been DOING? hehe.

& booyah. ^_^ (My poor useless doc...) hehe
    .:: Isocyanate Doc
    .:: Onigiri Eng
    .:: Myaku MP
    .:: Maitrize Misc
    .:: Moruhine. Pita. Kechi!

Re: So true

Originally posted by Togg
    I thought Agent's were promised some things in 14.0. But I do not see anything but a message on concealment. I know things can be added to 14.0, i the Agent loving going to be one of them by any chance? Had fun fighting a MA the other day... ya I was able to root him but I couldnt take more then1/10 his health away with my awesome stigma :-P. By the way he wasnt healing untill he got to about 8/10 his health, and that was rare too. Then again its another story. The thing here is that the Agent community was expecting something in 14.0. Was that all a lie?
    LOL... I lost my title to an MA last night. They fixed MAs to much. Using my 188 Ranee, built for pvp QL 180+ implants and outside buffed, i did a 1k aimed shot(joke) and then proceeded to hit the MA for 300s-500s until my MK5 shield wore off, which then the MA proceeded to hit me for 1.2k, 1.2k 900. and dead. So I shot at this MA for 40 seconds(until my shield wore off), in which time, he out healed my damage.

I've almost had enough. Please fix it.
    Jennii
    Unit Member - Storm
    Jenestria
    Gumpp
    Gridchik

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast