Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Preliminary 14.0 Patch Notes

Thumbs up Yay team missions!

This is the big patch for me. Its what we all have waited for all this time ... something new, something challenging for teams, especially in the higher levels.

I'll admit I feel extremely broken (NT profession) and yes I know advs and fixers also need fixing but with team missions we can all wait a little longer with soloing. (I can solo light greens only with luck and calms to heal in the middle of the fight).

I welcome the team missions and even though they should have been here in June, Ive learned to live with it. Now Im just looking forward to it.

Oh and agents: You are the profession that needs the least of fixing. I mean you get a frigging healing pet! Fixers and advs need it first.

--Phelsior 114 NT

Re: *cough*

Originally posted by Lacaan
    sorry dude but take a closer look pls

yeah agents suck in pvp...yeah ..i totally agree

sorry but last time i checked SNIPER rifles didnt had BIG clips

generally before suggesting childish ideas (any agents who re mad at me pls meet me later at the arena and 3-shot kill me pls...it only makes me more "right")
    Sorry, last time i cheked SNIPER rifles they had a GREAT range and HIGH dmg. The rifles on AO have average range and SUCK dmg compared to EVERY other weapon include pistols and shotgun...

Now about 3-shot kills - if an agent can kill you in 3 shot, then EVERY other prof will do some... cuz every other prof have at least as high dmg as agent...

Now about specials: I'm quite saticfied how AS works in PVP (thought i would like to see a little change: if you attack an unaware enemy from sneak mode you should have 60% HP cap - but this will allow even more devastating alpha stirke, so i dont know really...)

But im quite dissapointed with AS in PvM. AS in PvM almost impossible to fire off in group, and AS do 90% of the time crap dmg... AS in PvM must be much much easer to fire and do at least crit dmg, and chance to get a higher multiplier must be much greater too...
    Last edited by Chromatorg; Mar 6th, 2002 at 09:49:19.

Chests = Maps? Ugh!!

Can you check into the reason +50% of chests in missions are empty and 50% of the ones that aren't have maps of Newland and Mort? The 1st 500 maps were fine but it's starting to get old now. If I can't get a Yalma spare me the annoyance of another damn map please!
    Bet I can run faster scared than they can mad!

Smile

Thanks for sharing the information. Always like to get a peak at what is comming, and team mission sounds GOOOOOD

Crung, after my 750th map I got a ql33 Yalm.

So buck up little camper!

Also have a friend that found a hover craft, a Kodiak and a Mid.

I don't think you're trying hard enough!

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?

MAs fists will now do other kind of damage..um ok...

Enforcers unite, Lets start a shopping channel!
    that all were gonna be good at.

This is the FACTS today after the patch: MAs rock like hell!
    they easily solo semi hard missions and whoop 3 darkorange mobs with half health lost in lvls below 30. higher i dont know

um ok so now lets make them even BETTER!!
    ok this is the common Newbie Developer misstake, making one new thing to powerful, players will whine about not changing it back again and the onlly result is that they have to increase every proffesion to match the MA, and lastly buff up the mobs and more,, in the end its the same , just harder for everyone.
    GREAT PLANNING FC.

MAs can now:
    Hit faster than any other class,
    Dimash only class that its not DARK BLUE!
    Brawl, easily increased ( seems more MA = more brawl damage also)
    MA skill ( a must ofc )
    they can also use weapons, ( FOR FKS SAKE, if you want to do other kind of damage, use a WEAPON JUST `LIKE THE REST OF US! )
    HEY FC, I WANT TO DO RADIATION DAMAGE WITH MY DUAL RIDERS, ILL JUST PUT THEM IN THE PLANT FOR AN HOUR OR SO UM OK??

Geezzz..... some needs to review their ideas in this place...Gally!

Wohoo lets make a totally unbalanced game shall we??

-The info view can now be resized. Drag the window from the bottom right corner (Where the mouse changes to a diagonal arrow...)
    When will our inventory and our backpacks be resizeable!?
    Last edited by Angeleye; Mar 6th, 2002 at 10:59:06.
    * July 9, 2001 :: + July 29, 2004

Mixed feelings as for every patch.

Pet tweaks... well so that was priority ? Oh, well.
    Video tweaks : good and nice.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Originally posted by euphorie
    The /list command is something i dont think many ppl want.
    But if you implement this feature i hope you dont make it so that you can list players from both sides. That would ruin alot imo. at least in the pvppart of the game
    I totallly agree!!! my first thought on this when I read it was "I sure as heck hope it doesnt work in political zone, or at least I hope it doesnt show your affiliation" !!

LN

yah

MA's sure rock in lower lvls, it tends to even out at lvl100+ thou.

Just a quick reminder for those who think that MA's are getting too much goodies here.

Quote from Sensei's E-Interview with Gaute Godager, AO Designer 08.07.2001 (www.thepunchingbag.net)

[The general plan for balancing Martial Artists should help on this. PvP, the Martial Artist is supposed to be the "scourge of the nano casters". He is supposed to get a good chance of resisting nanos, and being able to take down nano-techs quickly because he should have a higher chance of interrupting their execution than all others. His weakness will be against Enforcers and Soldiers, that do (almost) as much damage as him, but have more hit points.]

I'm thankful of course that our fists will now do the appropriate damage type, I've been waiting for that one a loooong time.

Looks like you enforcers will have to work a bit to keep that aggro on you. 8)

/DaveDread

Angry What the?!?

First of all 14.0 was supposed to be Agent patch

Second, I thought the thread about /list made it pretty clear that there we LOT (usually more experienced/higher level players) that didnt want this feature implemented. If it now is, make sure I have option to "hide" myself from that list.

Since you have stated that concealment will be some form of invisibility later on what good it will do to RP spy if someone can make a /list and see me?

Only people that /list command helps are newbies, PvP people hunting exp groups and lazy ass players who dont want to do their own homework and can now fly to each zone, do /list and see if there are players. If so, hmm, perhaps there is a secret good outside hunting area here! Lets find it and then tell it to EVERY mfking person in game so that everyone can come and make that place suck...

Just checked my old screenshots.

Me in 2HO by the time there were max 20 people (the flock were still in Galway).

Me in the PM with no other players there (visible) but our own party. Whole zone deserted and just for us.

Me in Medusas in EFP. Two, Three hours of hunting with no other party in sight...

Sheesh. I dont want /list command so they find the spots where I hunt (ok admittedly I now do 99% of time missions with my 100+ chars since outside places suck compared to exp rate per min).

Third <quite Dai-Galean here>

Team Missions:
    We are proud to present the new team missions system. In addition to the familiar rooms a layout with monsters, traps and treasure of the ordinary missions, team missions feature several dungeon levels! If you do a team missions the NPC’s will be tougher than what you are used to, the chance of loot and goodies higher and there will be more monsters! And best of all, at the very end, there is a boss room with a tough boss! This character will do what he can to stop you from getting the item, killing your target or whatever you set out to do! The good thing is, the chance of him dropping rare loot (nano crystals / instruction disks not found in shops ie) is higher!

<end quote>

Yes. I really want to do BIG dungeon without able to save between (ok I _could_ run out mid point to save) and after having 20M exp on me I step on the next room (just like every other room there) and this BOSS monster comes and whoops my ass and I lost 20M. Yeah. I reallllyy going to enjoy that. NOT.

Challenge is ok but I dont think this is the way.

Zarch and da chars between 5 and 141
    Last edited by Zarch; Mar 6th, 2002 at 11:40:27.

I think you will find that the "/list"- feature has most of the stuff you need, including the possibility to make yourself "anonymous".

Lightbulb For the promised fixer patch

One, just one request...

I have read almost every opinion on how a fixer should be improved und stuff. Most of them are very good ideas that can be arranged. But it got me to thinking...Since we fixers are computer freaks and Nanos are executed through a software (NCU). I think we should have more grasp for the tech. part of Nano stuff. Like what? Shutting down all NCU activity within a radius (EMP field like in Matrix. And hey we are all Neo s and Morpheus s) which has a certain duration lets say 30 secs? and treated as a friendly program that you can finish it anytime. This concept maybe the very base of the new ideas you and I can generate. I say If we are to compute then we are to control Nanos (up to a limit). Anyway its more logical then a trader ransacking our skills with credits. Any opinions?

Re: For the promised fixer patch

Originally posted by Sware
    One, just one request...

I have read almost every opinion on how a fixer should be improved und stuff. Most of them are very good ideas that can be arranged. But it got me to thinking...Since we fixers are computer freaks and Nanos are executed through a software (NCU). I think we should have more grasp for the tech. part of Nano stuff. Like what? Shutting down all NCU activity within a radius (EMP field like in Matrix. And hey we are all Neo s and Morpheus s) which has a certain duration lets say 30 secs? and treated as a friendly program that you can finish it anytime. This concept maybe the very base of the new ideas you and I can generate. I say If we are to compute then we are to control Nanos (up to a limit). Anyway its more logical then a trader ransacking our skills with credits. Any opinions?
    Boy, that would be an amazing skill to have! But such a stunning power would have to have some serious drawbacks, i.e. shutting down *every* NCU within a certain radius (including your NCU for twice the duration of the EMP, and also your teammates (better be sure to ask them first!)), cutting your NCU space in half for 5x the duration of the EMP, etc. I think the two 'downers' I have above would be very reasonable for such an overpowering skill.

But even then, the possibilities of a skill like that are mind blowing.

BTW, to you people looking for Yalms: I asked my clan, the Fixer Coalition, what settings to use for Yalm hunting, and I was told (at level 48) to set difficulty to 45%, and 100% Bad. I got a full set of three ql43 missions, and on the third I had a Yalm. I don't remember it's quality, but it required 137 air. I flew it home to Tir right before they shut down the servers to patch. Damn that was cool.

Re: Preliminary 14.0 Patch Notes

Only good news into that patch notes.

Technical problems fixed .. or improvements.. Great!
    More thing to do.. Great!
    A real challenge other than only doing missions for XP.. Great!

If all that comes in the next patch, that will be really a good one!

Thx a lot, FC.

Amanite

PS: Plz, guys, can you discuss your professions and nerfs things on another forums, this one is to discuss the patch notes.
    If this patch was supposed to be your profession patch, maybe the good place to complain is your profession forum?

Cool Goody...

Originally posted by JimSalabim
    I think you will find that the "/list"- feature has most of the stuff you need, including the possibility to make yourself "anonymous".
    Everybody happy now?

Re: Goody...

Originally posted by Darkbane

Everybody happy now?
    I doubt it.

How can we be happy when we don't have a clue about what's going on ? Neither on this current patch nor 14.0

Don't give me crap about this patch taking 4 hrs is doing two bug fixes only. What else is going on today FC ?
    NT = Nerfed Technician

My doctor told me I am paranoid, so I shot him.

Obviously he was an alien agent sent here to kill me...and he did not come alone!

Post I am just a soldier.......

... so I still don't smile...! Will I ever do so?

Aimabel -Soldier Rub2

Exclamation 14.0 patch should first of all correct bugs!!

I dont care if there arent any gameplay changes in the 14.0 patch, JUST AS LONG as there will be fixes for the heavy burdon of new BUGS introduced with the 13.8+9 patching!

1) zoning for win2k/winxp users takes 4ever after the 13.8+9 patch! Kills gameplay!
    2) NCU bug makes it necessairy to zone b4 buffing, killing gameplay due to zoning takes 4ever!
    3) Quantum Wings (meta nf) still aborts when zoning if skill needed to use it not longer is met - i.e. expertise buffs has timed out! This makes it VERY unreliable!

IF these things are fixed with this next patch, I will be satisfied and dont care about other changes! I know I am not the only one - prolly about every win2k and winxp users agree with me!

Sincerely,
    Aforce
    "Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe."

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast