Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Preliminary 14.0 Patch Notes

*agrees with Harrit*

if you guys are going to make a /list command, do it 1 step further and add the /anonymous command for those who choose to have anonimity. And this /list should most obviously be side specific. Clanners see only clanners, OT see only OT, neutrals only see neutral.

btw, make bags resizable already....if you can make the /list window sizable, i doubt it'll be much harder to make bags and inven resizable (at least for a first part, since these are already drag-able, as opposed to the trade window/menu thing)
    Blue Steel(TM)

E 86% - S 60% - A 33% - K 20%
    http://www.andreasen.org/bartle/

SL upgraded oct 10, 2003

RK2 - Derek"Rayfield" Zoolander
    RK2 - "Umeshiso" Maki
    RK2 - Sylvester "Code187" Vallone

I like that we are seeing team missions soon, and most of what has been listed here is good, but /list cmon.

Like I have said in another one of my posts: All it does is open up problems for people. What fun is a attack on 2ho if that lovely clan guild has someone roll up a lvl 1 omni and sends them out to sit in the corner of stret east... Same goes for omni rolling up a clan char to do the same thing. If you make /list you really need to have /"hide my self from /list" whatever the command you want to chose.

Cant wait to see the changes
    215 Solitus Soldier RK1
    Advisor Midnight Reveries.

Do politics exist? Yes.
    Who's involved in them? Anyone who wants to be.

If you spend your time worrying about what everyone else is doing in their lives, you'll miss what's happening in yours.

Originally posted by Detonate
    Meaning us Adventurers will still suck just as much for another 4 months.....
    I believe Agents were next to be fixed. We need mucho help.

1) Fix the Dots. This line is worthless in both PVP and PVM. The damage needs at least 3 times higher for each QL to be effective at all.
    2) Fix our guns. 5 shot clips are junk. The only decent rifles have 5 shots.
    3) Sense and Agility Armored Coat line. And Please... We don't want a dress. Black Trench Coats suit our profession more.
    4) More guns. We need a Rifle, Aimed Shot gun with another special attack that is capable of higher damage output. A Ranee with a fling shot or burst would be nice.
    5) Concealment still needs to be fixed in missions and in PVP
    6) Deaths Gaze duration should be at least 10 seconds. 4 seconds on this nano is pretty much a waste of nano.

Hello there,

I think the treasure chests in missions are bugged. They are all empty and the ones that do contain items have trimmers, maps of Newland and Mort, and plants. Well that's what I keep getting!! I am playing a level 14 Advent. and a 15 MA. I always put the slidder in the middle, but moved slightly towards the easy side.

My suggestion to make these missions more fun and exciting for solo missions, please put some nice armor or weapons or something more useful!! And last night I cleared a dungeon out and only found about 3 chests and they were empty but one and I think that had a trimmer, it was something useless to me like that.

Thanks

Atlantean - RK1
    Lillian "Lilbunny" Bunny
    Honey "Hunneybunny" Bunny
    Buttons "Miissbunny" Bunny
    Dolly "Deebunny"
    Lory "Duckey" Waddles
    Rimor - RK2
    "Tibbara" Saetuc
    Kitty "Kitling" Catt
    Clora "Dukkee" Waddles

Originally posted by Greebus

I believe Agents were next to be fixed. We need mucho help.

1) Fix the Dots. This line is worthless in both PVP and PVM. The damage needs at least 3 times higher for each QL to be effective at all.
    2) Fix our guns. 5 shot clips are junk. The only decent rifles have 5 shots.
    3) Sense and Agility Armored Coat line. And Please... We don't want a dress. Black Trench Coats suit our profession more.
    4) More guns. We need a Rifle, Aimed Shot gun with another special attack that is capable of higher damage output. A Ranee with a fling shot or burst would be nice.
    5) Concealment still needs to be fixed in missions and in PVP
    6) Deaths Gaze duration should be at least 10 seconds. 4 seconds on this nano is pretty much a waste of nano.
    Originally posted by Cosmik
    Hello hello,

As you may have seen I recently made an announcement over on the Martial Artist forum, saying that Martial Artists were next up for some changes (mainly fixes).

I hope it's with cheers of "w00t" that I say Adventurers are also up for a change, right after the Martial Artists. Now, before you go on and say "Awww...that could be ages away!", let me also say that some stuff for Adventurers might come earlier.

I will be making a report of the Adventurer top 10 to give to the designers so it can be referred to at hand as the changes go through.

Some goodies for Adventurers soon. w00t worthy?
    So no, actually us Adventurers are supposed to be fixed next.

AGENTS ARE PERFECTLY FINE!!!
    Veteran Homer "Detonate" McDuff - My Equipment
    -= First Order =-

First Order is one of the largest and most powerful Omni-Tek Departments located on Rubi-Ka 1. If you are a dedicated Omni-Tek employee looking for superior opportunities within the company, check out http://www.firstorder.net/ and apply for a position today!
    First Order is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on Breed, Level, or Profession.

WHY MMORPG'S SUCK!

So no, actually us Adventurers are supposed to be fixed next.

AGENTS ARE PERFECTLY FINE!!!
    Det thinks NTs and Agents are the most ubie-doobie uberest uber classes out there. 'nuff said.

-D
    ===============
    First Order S.S.S.C.
    ===============

Yes I do think that a class (Agent) that can kill me in PvP 20 levels lower than me, in 3 shots is pretty damn uber...

FYI: Dropcid believes that every class he plays should be undefeatable.

He thinks MAs should be able to change thier fist damage to any type of damage they choose. Poison, Chemical, Fire, etc...

He thinks his NT should be able to Stun a level 200 to death at level 75.

He believes his agent should be able to do anything and everything. After all, he's an agent...
    Last edited by Detonate; Mar 5th, 2002 at 20:49:17.
    -= First Order =-

First Order is one of the largest and most powerful Omni-Tek Departments located on Rubi-Ka 1. If you are a dedicated Omni-Tek employee looking for superior opportunities within the company, check out http://www.firstorder.net/ and apply for a position today!
    First Order is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on Breed, Level, or Profession.

WHY MMORPG'S SUCK!

Thats it forget the enforcer AGAIN.
    ;/

MA fists will now do different damage
    About time.

Sunraven
    MA
    Ragnarok Inc

Originally posted by Dropcid

Det thinks NTs and Agents are the most ubie-doobie uberest uber classes out there. 'nuff said.
    You must be a lowbie. Anyone who has played this game, and been around these forums knows better. And Detnonate, I apologize if your not good. The agent you fought, no doubt has been around this game much longer than you, probabaly had a full set of implants, great armor, a great gun and knew what they were doing in PVP. Lower level Agents are good, but once you get in the real ranks (higher than 100), you will realize other wise. Read some Agent forums to get the jist of our real problems, before you commment on nothing you know about.

If you think NTs do not need attention... you may want to read this thread
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=13530

I think a real high level NT is a little up set right now.

As far as being next. A recent article from Game Director Gaute Godager stated that MAs, fixers then Agents would be fixed. I saw nothing about adventurers getting fixed, so I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Basically If Agents do not get fixed this patch as we have been promissed, I think you will see a lot less agents in the game and FC will be dealing with many canceled accounts and a loss of our only profession oriented web-site.

We can't solo missions... we can't sneak missions, we are not competetive at high level PVP (unless your one of those omni gankers fighting someone 20 levels lower than you Fopus.
    Basically we can't do anything unless we are teamed.

Fix me or let me reroll, with a profession, race and IP reset, keeping my current level. Ill deal with the large amount of cash that I will have to fork out to get re-equiped.

Red face *cough*

sorry dude but take a closer look pls

yeah agents suck in pvp...yeah ..i totally agree

2) Fix our guns. 5 shot clips are junk. The only decent rifles have 5 shots
    sorry but last time i checked SNIPER rifles didnt had BIG clips

that s not an agent nerf or prob it s an opifex prob(my main ch is opifex too so i d like to see agi/sense coats but again this doesnt require an agent fix)

4) More guns. We need a Rifle, Aimed Shot gun with another special attack that is capable of higher damage output. A Ranee with a fling shot or burst would be nice
    EHEM! rifles with burst,fling and aimed shot are ASSAULT rifles,not snipers.....again.....dont forget you re using snipers

for the rest i cant flame

but you guys REALLY should try to think about the game generally before suggesting childish ideas (any agents who re mad at me pls meet me later at the arena and 3-shot kill me pls...it only makes me more "right")
    my rerolling squad (what s IPR? )
    Celebnor, Balbanes, Lacaan, Ignetos, Hadouken, Icehilda, Icementat and the late Seregnor

if you ever met one.....well...nevermind

greebus-
    In case you didn't notice my sarcasm, I know that NTs and Agents need some fixin.
    I don't really care anymore though, as I have retired those 2 for my MA.

-D
    ===============
    First Order S.S.S.C.
    ===============

What I find odd is that these patch notes are entirely different from the ones posted by Dai-Galean on stratics. I liked his better.

Scorus

Originally posted by Greebus
    You must be a lowbie. Anyone who has played this game, and been around these forums knows better. And Detnonate, I apologize if your not good. The agent you fought, no doubt has been around this game much longer than you, probabaly had a full set of implants, great armor, a great gun and knew what they were doing in PVP.
    Me:
    Adventuer
    Level 116
    Full set of QL180-200 Implants, minus the slots that I used for treatment Implants
    AC 4k
    Weapons: QL200 Rider in main hand, QL177 in off hand

Him:
    Agent, Level 100ish

And as for your "I apologize if your not good.... ...been around this game much longer than you... .....nd knew what they were doing in PVP." comment. Get over yourself.

I've been playing this game since day 2, and saying that he knew what he was doing in PvP is just idiotic...

This is how the fight went...

I saw him sneaking around in the 25% zone trying to hide in this corner and gank people. I jumped out, Flurry of Blows, Attack, Brawl, Dimach....
    He hits for 1880
    I pop a pill and try to begin casting my heal
    He hits for 1890
    I start fading to white and then get hit again for 1800+

So before your attack me, know what you are talking about.

I'm about as close to a twinked Adv as possible.
    -= First Order =-

WHY MMORPG'S SUCK!

Give my enforcer some loving!

Kidding of course. Let's not be silly. We are just fine.

Anyway. /list stinks. Let the essence begging begin, even worse than before.

I don't mind if I am right next to the person. But I sure am not going to go out of my way for a total stranger who sends me a /tell. Maybe that's mean -- I call it playing the game instead of spending all my time buffing others.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

This is how the fight went...

I saw him sneaking around in the 25% zone trying to hide in this corner and gank people. I jumped out, Flurry of Blows, Attack, Brawl, Dimach....
    He hits for 1880
    I pop a pill and try to begin casting my heal
    He hits for 1890
    I start fading to white and then get hit again for 1800+
    So, before you two keep incinerating each other. How many times has this happened Det? If you can reasonably say that this has happened or will 75-100% of the time then I would completely agree with you.

I stopped trying to have any sort of discussions about this (rational or otherwise) and think the best way to leave it is, you two agree to disagree. Both will never change the others mind on it. Most classes still have problems, some to more extent than others. But saying that I suck more than you doesn't help eithers cause. Although the comedic relief the rest of us enjoy from it is nice.

Facts are: it had been stated on www.agent-sector.com from an email between Tekkor, CZ and other AO representatives that MAs would get some fine-tuning in 13.8 and agents would follow in 14.0.

Now from what I also understand is that in the Adventurer forum CZ had said it would be MAs then Advs.

Two conflicting stories, dates may have been mixed up who knows. Either way one of the two professions will unfortunatly be upset after the patch. (Unless Funcom finds a way to do both at the same time - hint hint.)

Eliseo "Mirdok" Browman

Originally posted by Mirdok
    So, before you two keep incinerating each other. How many times has this happened Det? If you can reasonably say that this has happened or will 75-100% of the time then I would completely agree with you.
    Everytime...

And anyone who would like some real comic relief, is more than welcome to come to MMD and watch me get stomped by Green Traders, Agents, and Soldiers....

I can usually manage to take Fixers, MAs, and Adventuers that are Green....

Yellow I can take down Adventuerers only.

Orange = Death

And like I said, I'm fairly twinked as far as a Melee Adventuer is concerned.

I won't be able to increase my Armor, Implants, and or weapons untill new ones come out that are better than what I already have. As far as Equipment, I'm good to go. Nanos are the only thing I look forward to when leveling.
    -= First Order =-

WHY MMORPG'S SUCK!

Everytime...
    Hmmm you do suck then

Only person I would think that sucks more than you at PVP would be me.

There we go lets duel, loser gets Funcoms loving first for they suck the most.

Mir

Just a quickie.....

" Agents are fine "....... Really? When was the last time you played one?

Im sure that if you persevered with the class you would soon agree that it is seriously in need of some work.

I agree with you that the agents are pretty much Uber, but only as far as lvl 60 or so. ( the buffability into rilfles is astonishing! I grouped with a lvl 35 that had a ql 100 something Disaf! )

Once you get past this lvl and into the high 70-80-90... things really start to get tough. i had a ql 200 stig on at lvl 85 and for the next 10 lvls things seemed fine.. Moderate dmg at a quick rate with a high clip.

I am now lvl 105 and being outdamaged by my lvl 50 Engi alt who has a ql 110 shotgun! and you think this is fine!?
    Doctors at the same lvl as me outdamage me.... I cant solo for **** and conceal doesnt always work as it should ( I dont mean being able to walk ql200 missions with ease, just the ability to avoid green-yellow mobs with some kind of ease. )

Our nanos are crap, bearing in mind that most proffessions have a clear cut path for their nanos, the last agent nano that i actually bought was feline grace, about 60 lvls ago. I have recently found take the shot in a mission and cant use it for at least another 30 lvls and the other high lvl agent nanos are all using skills that I havent touched for about 50 lvls. I know all about planning ahead but that takes it a bit too far. I spent most of my IP from 50-80 on MP skills so i could fp and use their pets. so now when I get to the point of being able to use all these high lvl agent nanos they will be obsolete!

I am aware of the fact that other classes need attention, maybe more thn the agent, but plz dont make the mistake of believing that we are just whinging bastards that want to be Uber. If you do believe this then Im sure that your experiences with agents have been with the ones that twink to high heaven and go around hurling abuse at other classes as they seriously do believe that they are superior.

MOST of us do not think this way!

Jesus Christ... Everyone is just so HELL bent on being the most uber class of all...

I was just reading on AgentSector.com where they where talking about what they need fixed...

They were asking for a Super Aimed shot that always does more than 3500 points of damage, and up to 60% of the players HPs in PvP....

Now the above guy was talking about shotguns. Yes, shotguns need a nerf, Critical Buffs need a nerf, Low Light Targeting scopes should be completely removed from the game, and lastly Mobs need to be nerfed...

The reason PvP sucks so much ass, is people REGULAR shots do more damage than my 3600 hit points.... THAT'S why I die in 2-3 hits....

Whatever... I'm not arguing this anymore. Everyone wants to do 10k in damage. And one day some professsion will do 10k in a regular shot. Then the next day a different profession will demand that they do 20k damage a shot.

I'm only here till Star Wars Galaxies go live, then you guys can all sit around and hit for 150k a shot.
    -= First Order =-

WHY MMORPG'S SUCK!

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast