Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Preliminary 14.0 Patch Notes

Re: Bump mapping

Originally posted by Berider
    I read, u have made some change for the visual effects of AO,
    but i would like to now if a day, we can see textures with bump mapping on it, player texture, ground texture, building texture and ...
    ...and an English primer?

The one and (thankfully) only,

Evilspork

Politicians are the same all over the world, we build bridges where there aren't any rivers. - Nikita Khrushchev

Angry Disconnects

I'm with 'The Evil Couch'. I get disco'd from this game once about every 15 minutes, and I'm on a cable modem. How bout you forget about all these little gameplay tweaks and focus on A REAL PROBLEM? This problem has been going on for months, and it affects a LARGE percentage of the gaming community. Love the game, just can't play it. I'd wait a couple extra months for some crappy agent patch if it meant I could actually PLAY my agent!!

Originally posted by Aforce
    I<SHIFT>+<TAB>
    <SHIFT>+<TAB>
    <SHIFT>+<TAB>
    <SHIFT>+<TAB> MY PET!!!!
    --FIGHT OVER--
    <Casting anima>

At least come up with something that is actually usuable during fight!
    A brief comment on this. I agree and see no reason that you can't bind pets to F keys (didn't I read something about a /pet select *** command?).... but as a Doctor, the same problem persists. Hold on a sec.

Yea, we have the F-keys... but I am partially referring to non-team people, such as wide scale PvP. Anyway, I am a visual Doc. I only use the F-keys when it is convenient to move my hand rather than the mouse. (BTW: DON'T STAND IN CLUMPS INSIDE EACH OTHER. IT PISSES DOCS OFF) Because the team hp window is 1) lagged and 2) buggy (examples: It jumps down after about 80-90% damage, randomly, and resets to half when someone gets too dar away from you, making you think that they are dying)... it is fairly useless to judge by. It is much faster to see who is being attacked visually, and be ready to heal them when the time comes.

What would REALLY help would be, firstly, fixing the team health bars - and secondly:

ADD AN OPTION TO SHOW ALL HEALTH BARS WHEN SHOWING ALL NAMES.

This INCLUDES mobs and *PETS*. As a Doc, it sucks to not know how dead the last Real Mean Bully is when your poor MA is down to 33% life, your NT is down to 50%, your nano pool is running short, and you need to know what types of heals to use on who. It also sucks to not know what the pets are at. I don't attack very much in teams. :-p

I think that all of these would help greatly.
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

Just read the final notes, and what a crock of SHIET!

hey why dont we all delete our chars and make MAs??
    no ipr, no loving for any other proffesions, just some fancy pancy BS gui crap and MA ruling PVP AND PVM even better with now doing all kinds of different damage...hell..

Solitus Enf = no taunter, less hitpoints, nothing that you are better at like dual wiels or anything than a big dumb brute with a hammer...greaaaat.....thought FC wanted all kinds...guess i was wrong

Originally posted by Zardukar
    Just read the final notes, and what a crock of SHIET!

hey why dont we all delete our chars and make MAs??
    no ipr, no loving for any other proffesions, just some fancy pancy BS gui crap and MA ruling PVP AND PVM even better with now doing all kinds of different damage...hell..

Solitus Enf = no taunter, less hitpoints, nothing that you are better at like dual wiels or anything than a big dumb brute with a hammer...greaaaat.....thought FC wanted all kinds...guess i was wrong
    IPR = 14.2
    Team Missions = more rare loot drops = 14.0
    Reorganizing the City Of Home = 14.0 (hopefully spreading out the population there and reducing the lag outs).

Solitus = General breed not outstanding in any particular skill (if you picked Solitus Enforcer, you made that choice).
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

I remeber hearing there was a problem on test with pets refusing to follow you to a different level in the team missions. This fixed?

-Pets will not lose all buffs when zoning anymore.
    they will just lose a few, randomly?

Sounds nice but....

Sounds like a nice new patch but i want 14.2 baby....

R U sure?....

Originally posted by euphorie
    The /list command is something i dont think many ppl want.
    But if you implement this feature i hope you dont make it so that you can list players from both sides. That would ruin alot imo. at least in the pvppart of the game
    Well as the text says; If you don't want to be listed when ppl do this use the /anon command (anonymous). So when/if ppl do PvP and don't want to be listed they could just use this feature.

Forth, now they lose the most important ones, when they zone. Buffs such as flingshot proficiency will still give of that neat visual effect, even after zoning.
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

Hmmmm

quote from a few pages back...............

I agree with you that the agents are pretty much Uber, but only as far as lvl 60 or so. ( the buffability into rilfles is astonishing! I grouped with a lvl 35 that had a ql 100 something Disaf! )

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My lvl61 agent is using a ql124 tsak, sounds good eh? Only one problem......it still sucks even at ql124

hmm that /list things sounds like it could be some thing ... bette keep an eye on it but other then that GOOD WORK

heh

Originally posted by Togg

Give me a break...

I am not TALKING about MAs being too strong jsut that Agents are too weak puttz. geez.

Find sympathy? Funny I had it for the MA class and I guess thats what you play... Stratagy.. ohh boy here we go... that works well in a totally turned base system! I got one stratagy for an Agent in 2HO .... RUN to the guards!

What level agent do you play anyways?
    My agent on the shelve is level 117.

Long ago I retired him, only to wake him up now and again to do some buffing or to sneak the odd mission. Mainly just to see how gimped he is.

About 2h0, I don't run to the guards with my agent, mainly cuz he's clan.

Now, all that complain about other chars have no first hand experience of them. I have had about 30 chars on rubi1 and I have pretty good idea about most professions and breeds. Exceptions are docs, nts and advs where I only have played with some. So, I'll give u my own list of things that need to be changed:

Traders: leave them alone. They are not uber, it's just that some other professions suck.

Agents: Give them the kind of loving MP's got, because damn, they are hurting.

Adventurers: See agent. I have played with some advs, and most of them are useless.

Fixers: I bet this was the last class FC made. They ran out of ideas, and came up with a class that could run fast. Speed and roots, and at high level Full Auto 10k's. That's it. I am building a lvl 112 runner, but other than that I don't understand why people play fixers. They need not as much fixing as something new. Area burst was a nice joke, but I mean a real thing. Oh yeah, and all dark blue nano skills, were that a way of saying "hey mr fixer, u dropped the soap...pick it up" and then smiling?

Docs: need better team heals, and single heals for 2k, 3k, 4k or so. Also nanos like Crunch would be nice.

Soldier: they need some heal nanos, nothing big, but better than what they have (if that nano works, I haven't tried it to be honest). They also need some new guns, but since their 75% shield is as powerful as it is, u shouldn't love soldiers too much.

Enforcers: "oh, poor us, don't forget us"...yeah, well, enfs were well made. Some new weapons would be nice, but that's about it. Enforcers are very nice, extreme hp, fast high dmg. But don't nerf em for crying out loud.

NT: Not that experienced with nt's, like I said. So I won't pretend to act it. I never was much of a nano caster, I like to shoot and beat people to death.

Engs: I found this profession extremely boring. But they are after all pretty balanced. Don't nerf them too much, but I do agree they need to lose some power in their pets. I can understand blitzing, calming and sneaking a ql 200 mission solo at low level, but killing your way through it? For example, I deleted my lvl 6 eng that could have casted a ql 76 bot, it's just not meant to be. But as always, don't nerf too much, and keep the unlimited time!

Mp: well, what can I say? They got their loving. Best solo profession in the game as I see it, since they don't need people buffing them to get the big things. Very nice nano-line, very nice pets. I hope u don't nerf them too much (notice that I know FC, they need to hear they shouldn't use their most favourite weapon: the nerf stick).

Crat: another to me boring profession. Not saying it's not a very powerful one though (pvm). I don't really see any immidiate changes for crats, they are nice now, although new graphics on the bots until ninja are long overdue.

Ma: Are u freaking kidding me with the recharge time on heals???? Ma's need a lil more loving, although they are alot better now. Ofcourse, the pathetic Melee Init is something that shouldn't have existed, and need to be fixed ASAP! Stop screwing over the poor ma's, FC! They got better, but they are far from fixed.

Agent, 117
    Trader, 147
    Soldier, 65 (so, I got bored tanking)
    Eng, 92
    Fixer, 91
    Ma, 39 I think (hey, I leveled 19 lvls in 7 hrs...and I don't like melee init bug already)
    A few lowlevel twinks, and more deleted chars than there are chars on rubi2.

Re: Hmmmm

Originally posted by Dorn B'Dinn
    quote from a few pages back...............

I agree with you that the agents are pretty much Uber, but only as far as lvl 60 or so. ( the buffability into rilfles is astonishing! I grouped with a lvl 35 that had a ql 100 something Disaf! )

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My lvl61 agent is using a ql124 tsak, sounds good eh? Only one problem......it still sucks even at ql124
    That agent was a gimp.

Putting a lvl 100 disa on a lvl 35 is not tweaking, it's selfbuffing, lol.

And, use a stigma, unless u wanna pvp. At low level, a high stigma is way better, cuz it's faster. I have teamed with a lvl 35 that was using a 180'ish oet (not ranee, but close) and that was all cute and stuff, but my ma took tank anyways, cuz the shots came 4s apart and unless he critted, there was no way for him to outdmg me.

Talking Idea

These Notes look good but there is one thing we need in the game

As a Meta Physicist its really hard to keep track of my pets in battle there has got to be a way this can be improved upon. Here is my idea

1. Have some sort of F key set up so like when your in team mode F2 Select the next member in line of your team do something similar for pets so that say i want to buff my attack pet i hit F7 and it selects my attack pet so i don't have to look around the room and through rooms and ceilings to find my pet

2. Make some kind of drop down menu with the pets names and health and Nano points and have it selectable so we can see the pets current health and also have it where we can select their names if we need to buff them or heal them

Both of these ideas work and i hope somebody from funcom will look at this and get it to the Dev team

Thanks in advance

OE and ip rest?

does this patch have oe penalties and the ip reset? cause even thou i cant wait for team missions all i really care about atm are ip reset and OE stuff.....

agents

What is it with agents ????

Out of all the proffs people who play agents seem to be the worst for moaning. But all at the stats on players in game, agents are one of the most popular, and if you check out the highest playings on Rubi-Ka agents make up by far the great number.

Your class is not as bad as you make out the problem is your where the biggest, baddest proffesion around for a long time all thats happen is you got brought into line with the rest of us.

When the game started agents could sneak throught missions getting the loot without even fighting. They could equip guns which did stupid damage and became the masters of P v P wiping out others in just one shot.

But even now agents are still very good, your rifles rock far better than pistols or other shotgun most class play. You can change proffesion and cast other peoples nanos !!! How cool is this and once you can sneak in missions again whats the problem.

If you think playing an agent is hard try soloing with a doc or an adventure you will soon be glad you stuck to agent trust me.

Re: agents

Originally posted by Kirrana
    What is it with agents ????

Out of all the proffs people who play agents seem to be the worst for moaning. But all at the stats on players in game, agents are one of the most popular, and if you check out the highest playings on Rubi-Ka agents make up by far the great number.

Your class is not as bad as you make out the problem is your where the biggest, baddest proffesion around for a long time all thats happen is you got brought into line with the rest of us.

When the game started agents could sneak throught missions getting the loot without even fighting. They could equip guns which did stupid damage and became the masters of P v P wiping out others in just one shot.

But even now agents are still very good, your rifles rock far better than pistols or other shotgun most class play. You can change proffesion and cast other peoples nanos !!! How cool is this and once you can sneak in missions again whats the problem.

If you think playing an agent is hard try soloing with a doc or an adventure you will soon be glad you stuck to agent trust me.
    Um Adventurer is probably the best solo class out there. IF your a pistol advent, well that is your problem. But if your an AR/shotgun advent you will rock. My adventuer has solo'd about 100 lvls, and all 50%, with no problems. Ok 3 mobs are gonna kill me, but when my agent was that lvl i couldnt even solo a 25% mission.

Now doc, yeah they suck for soloing...but rock in other ways, especially pvp.

Re: heh

Originally posted by Gold

Traders: leave them alone. They are not uber, it's just that some other professions suck.

Soldier: they need some heal nanos, nothing big, but better than what they have (if that nano works, I haven't tried it to be honest). They also need some new guns, but since their 75% shield is as powerful as it is, u shouldn't love soldiers too much.

Agent, 117
    Trader, 147
    Soldier, 65 (so, I got bored tanking)
    Eng, 92
    Fixer, 91
    Ma, 39 I think (hey, I leveled 19 lvls in 7 hrs...and I don't like melee init bug already)
    A few lowlevel twinks, and more deleted chars than there are chars on rubi2.
    What you mean is, other professions suck compared to traders. The OE patch is just going to make them even more better at low level compared to other professions. No affect on them at high level. Definately needs a nerf.

Soldiers healing? No thanks... in fact, remove that worthless heal that's already there. By the time you have the spare IP to use it, it's "Half-a-Hit Healing." I'd rather get 3-4 shots in than heal myself of UP TO 300 damage. Increase the minimum damage drastically on assault rifles, redo the half-assed nanos that were just put in to take up space(I don't know of anyone that uses them by the way), make higher weapon buffs, remove the disadvantages from buffs (such as the negative evades, negative run speed ???), and make soldier only weapons. Total Mirror Shield is the ONLY thing making soldiers playable.

Re: Re: heh

Originally posted by Dankman

What you mean is, other professions suck compared to traders. The OE patch is just going to make them even more better at low level compared to other professions. No affect on them at high level. Definately needs a nerf.

Soldiers healing? No thanks... in fact, remove that worthless heal that's already there. By the time you have the spare IP to use it, it's "Half-a-Hit Healing." I'd rather get 3-4 shots in than heal myself of UP TO 300 damage. Increase the minimum damage drastically on assault rifles, redo the half-assed nanos that were just put in to take up space(I don't know of anyone that uses them by the way), make higher weapon buffs, remove the disadvantages from buffs (such as the negative evades, negative run speed ???), and make soldier only weapons. Total Mirror Shield is the ONLY thing making soldiers playable.
    Actually, the OE patch will have a slight nerfing effect on Traders.

Currently:
    Traders can ladder Deprive/Ransack combos to massively increase their weapon skills. This allows us a chance to equip a weapon based on the laddered results of our weaponskills. Once equipped, we can run around with that weapon without having to repeat the deprives/ransacks.

Post 14.2:
    Traders can ladder Deprive/Ransack combos to massively increase their weapon skills. However, now we'll be required to maintain those combos at all times lest the overequip rules come into effect.

The 14.2 overequipping rules will not apply to monsters, as Gaute has stated. Mobs follow their own sets of rules. Laddering the skill debuff nanos (ie: using a deprive/ransack combo to meet the requirements to use the next deprive/ransack combo, ect..) is monotonous, dangerous, difficult to maintain, and expensive as hell (for nontwinks).
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

Question IP Reset?

I could have sworn we would see IP Reset implemented in this patch... anyone heard anything more about it?

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast