Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Preliminary 14.0 Patch Notes

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by JimSalabim
    I think you will find that the "/list"- feature has most of the stuff you need, including the possibility to make yourself "anonymous".
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    either this is bad grammar or..

note he said 'including the possibility to make yourself "anonymous"

which means it will be possible.

if he had said 'including the possibility of making yourself "anonymous"

that would mean the ability may or may not be included.

again this could just be bad grammar.. guess we'll wait and see when the patch goes to test
    http://community.anarchy-online.com/...1/name/xaielao
    "Yea, I've got your information.. you got my money?"
    Proud member of 3305 Local
    A non-GA Fixer, and pround of it!

Fergus ~ 27 Soldier (after wipe) ~ Test
    "No escaping pain! You belong to me.." Megadeath-Skin o' my Teeth

Fion ~ 25 Opi MA (after wipe) ~ Test
    "Woh look at that MOB! Think I can take it? *SMACK* OUCH!"

Talking

Ok OE patch looks nice. It will do 2 good things.
    §1 Lower diff on MOBs
    §2 Remove all uber twinked Agents/Traders/Enforcers from pvp.

hahaha to bad that it also means that MA will get nerfed, to get adapted to lowered damage output of Soldiers/Enforcers.
    The sick joke from FC i gues :P .

But folks lets be real. YOU should NEVER be able to deal same or better Damage whit your hands compared to BFG/Hammers/Beams.
    And also every class that can heal should not be able to deal same or better damage that class with no heals.
    Cyrus "Makarov" Scola (so called creator of never released Kamikazebots)

Kids= 30sec pleasure +18years of suffering.
    Al Bundy

BY WAFFEN:
    The entire free-trade community from North, Central and South America, along with the EU and the rest of Europe, Russia, the former Soviet States, India, Communist China and the rest of Asia along with industrialized Africa (mainly S. Africa) all know what slag is, and use that term regularly.
    So just what culture is being offended by the term "slag"?

Thumbs up window resizing

Allowing to resize the info window is a good idea. What about the bank and backpack window ? Especially the very small banking window is annoying.

Thanks for the good patching job.

Woo Hoo

Woo Hoo
    ~I am the Virtual Virus

Originally posted by Fion

either this is bad grammar or..

note he said 'including the possibility to make yourself "anonymous"

which means it will be possible.

if he had said 'including the possibility of making yourself "anonymous"

that would mean the ability may or may not be included.

again this could just be bad grammar.. guess we'll wait and see when the patch goes to test
    Hehe the word "option" would have been more comforting than "possibility".

Exclamation In Life... Only the Strong Survive!

I strated this game not know anything about anything. I am now a lvl72 Agent. My Agent sucks!! That is because I had no guidence. I get that. So after learning about the IP reset I figured.... All right.... a new begining. I like it. Now, Over Equiping. I want to know why FC and everyone else want to make all characters EQUAL!! There must be a reason that everyone playing AO aren't all Agents, Traders, and Enforcers! Because that is not Everyones thing. I also have a Fixer, and Engineer, and a Trader. I don't want to see Over Equipping done away with. Why.... because that's what makes this world different. It is a constant struggle. Why should a game, This game be any different. I don't like bugs. I like that a class can have an advantage. If an enforcer has an advantage, so be it. Its what the class is. A tank, a killer of mass destruction.... what's the fun if an Agent or Fixer can do the same thing. Aimed shot sucks. Burst Sucks.... why have any classes at all.... It doesn't work. Every class shoud have its owe advantages.

Leave us Agents and Traders and Enforces alone.... Bring IP reset. Now... can't we just all get along!!!

Originally posted by Cosmik
    Preliminary 14.0 Patch Notes (Title)
    Well, I hold in my hot little hand some of the prelimary [my emphasis] patch notes for 14.0. I couldn't be greedy and hold it for myself, so here's a peak at some of the great things coming your way. But, please do remember -

****Some of these things might not make it into the final patch. If it all passes internal and external testing then this will be some of the content of 14.0**** [I'd add some more of my own emphasis here, but Cosmik seemed to do it good enough himself]

[snip]

Remember, this is just a small [mine again] taste. More info will come, and it's also a good idea to keep your eye on the fan sites, as they'll have some brand spanking new patch additions too.
    As others have said before me, in this thread even, Cosmik did us a favor in giving us this limited invormation. People are taking it as a full changelog, when the information we were given isn't even final yet.

Did your great-grandparents have a heart attack when a certain Mr. Welles made his famous radio broadcast 65 years ago, too? :P

The one and (thankfully) only,

LafinJack

Most people your age die. WHY DON'T YOU!? - Freakazoid

whoo ip reset
    Jamie "Kamaekazae" Rage
    [Enforcer] - [Atrox] - [Rubi-Ka 1]

Rage - Is it in you?
    So excited that i kicked my mom RIGHT IN THE FACE!

Achiever 73% - Killer 66% - Socializer 46% - Explorer 13%

how about not worrying about gameplay tweaks and evening the playing field and fix this crash bug that has first reported in november and STILL hasn't been fixed?

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...hp?threadid=14

on the average, AO crashes my modem about every 15 minutes.

this is completely ruining my playing expierience. I haven't been playing for very long, and if this isn't fixed soon, I won't be around to see my MA hit level 30.

the sheer fact that you're still cranking out patches without resolving this problem is insane. fix the program, before you fix the gameplay.

**************edit************
    I just tried to play AO. Much to my chagrin, the aforementioned bug crashed me out 4 times in less than 10 minutes. One time I didn't even finish loading all the graphics before, AO crashed my modem.

FIX THIS! NOW!
    Last edited by The Evil Couch; Mar 12th, 2002 at 02:50:32.

Stupid people shouldn't breed.
    Bet I can run faster scared than they can mad!

Hey Couch, this is Evilspork! Sorry to hear about your modem troubles, hope they're able to fix it soon. :\

Evil will prevail! (and no, I don't mean Omni-Tek)

The one and (thankfully) only,

LafinJack

I can kill you! I'm crazy! - 15 Minutes

Re: *cough*

yeah agents suck in pvp...yeah ..i totally agree

sorry but last time i checked SNIPER rifles didnt had BIG clips

that s not an agent nerf or prob it s an opifex prob(my main ch is opifex too so i d like to see agi/sense coats but again this doesnt require an agent fix)

EHEM! rifles with burst,fling and aimed shot are ASSAULT rifles,not snipers.....again.....dont forget you re using snipers

for the rest i cant flame

but you guys REALLY should try to think about the game generally before suggesting childish ideas (any agents who re mad at me pls meet me later at the arena and 3-shot kill me pls...it only makes me more "right") [/B][/QUOTE]

Hmmm, says alot and says it well.
    If at first you dont' succeed, reload.

If it moves, shoot it. If it doesn't move, loot it.

Hey Funcom, instead of spending all this time to twink the different professions, why not spend a ton more time trying to fix in game bugs and problems and getting features we want. I mean, why go through all this trouble of fixing a few bus and then change some of the classes abilities and such.

Look at it this way:
    Class A has a problem. They can't even solo missions very well. Class B is fine and has no major issues. Funcom fixes Bug/Exploit C and in doing so, makes mobs a little less powerful so now Class A can do 50% solo missions. Now Class B is uber on 50% missions and Class A complains about Class B so Funcom makes Class A more powerful. Well, Bug/Exploit D comes along and Funcom fixes it and Now Class B can't do 50% missions so Funcom makes the monsters less powerful. Now guess what? Class B complains about Class A so Funcom makes Class B more power and the cycle continues.

Basically you wind up making 6-7 changes to classes and monsters but only fix 2 problems! If you fixed the 2 problems first then you probably only would need to make 1-2 changes to classes and monsters.

I know there are alot of people who want instant results and gratification and I will get flammes to heck and back, but how about we let Funcom fix actual bugs and game issues a little before we start hollaring for class changes.
    If at first you dont' succeed, reload.

If it moves, shoot it. If it doesn't move, loot it.

Originally posted by Makarov
    §2 Remove all uber twinked Agents/Traders/Enforcers from pvp.

Sorry, you are totally wrong about one of the professions: Trader. The Trader will be so UBER after the OE nerf in PvP, its beyond imagination... With their debuffs (which isnt effective vs pets and weapons atm) they will make all nano useless (just as it is now) They will totally unable the pet profs to control their pets, (they no longer meet the reqs), they can totally remove your ability to do dmg with your weapon, with 2 debuffs stacked for -392 in all skills (talking high lvl play), because their DMS will be MUCH higher thean your AMS... and becuase of the drain, their AMS will get MUCH higher than your DMS.

Trader will be so UBER after the OE nerf, that if I were a trader, I would already start discussing and suggest self (Trader) nerfs.
    Last edited by Garzu; Mar 13th, 2002 at 00:47:35.
    NT phone HOME!!

Thumbs down Chain Casting on Monster NT's still happenning

Just in case this ever get's read which I fully doubt, I being a nano tech, have found it twice as deadly to be on the recieving side of the stupid chain casting monsters.

Chaincasting has gotten tons worse since last patch, I noticed it more as a levelled everyone in my guild can't do nothing about it, since it's in every mission i try to do.

Along with the chain casting, there are certain things like unable to attack and syns problems that make your char unable to do things because one packet get's lost. you try to do the same thing or anything else, and you're stuck. I've died twice to that.

Chain casting MOB's are a first priority though. I highly doubt anyone from FC even tries to read here. I love the game, love the type of game, but I still think that the implementation sucks, and wont hesitate to take my money elsewhere. or even nowhere...

These things should have been fixed in beta, and the only reason people put up with it, is because you're trying to make it better. One small letdown and people'll be packing bags for some new thing.

Anyways that's my rant I feel better, and that's an end to this crappy thing.

Tecolate.

Do agents EVER stop crying... i have never seen a bigger bunch of sallies, i would be ashamed to be an agent in game after reading these boards.
    I feel i should be the one getting payed to play this game...

Originally posted by Makarov

hahaha to bad that it also means that MA will get nerfed, to get adapted to lowered damage output of Soldiers/Enforcers.
    Not that bad, cause they also need to fix the mobs which are also designed for the over equipping players.

But folks lets be real. YOU should NEVER be able to deal same or better Damage whit your hands compared to BFG/Hammers/Beams.
    And also every class that can heal should not be able to deal same or better damage that class with no heals.
    Read Prof description.
    MA do most dmg over time. Anything unclear with that ?
    ADV also have heal ability and do great dmg. Enf have heal ability (mongo) and sols have good shield to compare that.

The best thin off all is, that the non-dmg related profs (engs, docs, crats, traders.....) wont do the same dmg like enfs, sols, mas while overequipping like hell.

Tygma
    lvl175 MA

Post Doh .... MA's UBER ....

Okay ... okay .... we all know there are a bunch of things messed up with all the classes, but quit saying they made the MA uber dammit. I have a lv 76 MA and the damage difference is not as big as ur making it out to be. I hit for less minium damage than before usally 80ish, but I do crit for more and alot more often.Which kind of makes sense since my hands are moving alot faster than your weapons giving me more chances to crit, plus I get the crit line of nanos.

* NOTE*

This is to any Agent thats crying about being killed by a MA....Good!!! What the hell where u thinking letting an MA get close enough to attack. You are an agent for godsake find a nice little spot on a building root the MA and shoot....MA is dead.....Had this done on me many times in mmd....You really shouldn't bite the hand that feeds you or we might have to start charging for the crit buffs.

A comment to the /list /anon commands etc...

/list - Of course it should only display the players on the same side as your own!

/anon - Yes please! It would enable me to walk through Trade without being spammed with demands for buffs I dont mind helping my fellow citizens out, but sometimes I just want some privacy... The /afk is not a good answer to this.

/roleplay - Should work like /anon, only adding a small symbol or something showing that this player actually prefer to remain "ic".

Of the three commands listed the /roleplay is the one I would like to see most of all. It would help the rpg-comunity to unite and could also bring a nice touch to the agents using fp.

-Mimmi-

LMAO at all the complaining Agents

OK im not going to rant (well maybe)

Look if your agent sucks its your own fault ..spend some time planning your chars ..ok you may get it wrong (yes we all do) so youll have to reroll, but im not really sure what most of you want from the game. Basically just go out build an agent with a good/ish crit rifle throw on a scope & use false:MA & all the crit buffs ..hell how hard can it be for some of you?

If you want a challenge/real moan go play an Adventurer, then you really will have to think about your char a bit more (i actually kinda like playing mine from time-time its achallenge, but aint that what the games all about)

The 14.2 Patch is gonna be kinda fun for Eng's & MP's just dont come crying to my trader every 3mins ..well unless you would like to upload some Pet heal nanos that is.

I think Funcom have a major problem with all these so called fixes to chars, that are only implemeted after half of you maon because you just can't build a decent char...ever heard of game balancing? ..well basically it's totally (ill be polite) messed up at the mo.

Personally I would have like to have seen the chars left alone a few patches ago, look if you want to play an easy char build a soldier or sommit with a nova, i really dont care, if you want a challenge, play a more challenging class and feel that warm glow each time you lvl, if you really want to PvP then build a trader ..hmm isnt that enough diversity?

Im not even sure the IP reset is a good thing, every1 who didnt choose a specific path will all now reroll to roughly the same kind of build for each class, there will just be a bunch of clones walking around after a while.

So remember: Enjoy your char for what it is (er after all it is a game) and its not your char that stinks generally its you.

Great Ill be looking forward to the flames.

Lol and as im playing my trader i really dont want this /list command, my only defense at the mo is try and lie and say im an agent to get through a zone without getting stopped a dozen times.

HAVE FUN

ActofMercy (My beloved Adv)
    Last edited by Repentant; Mar 13th, 2002 at 16:26:44.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast