Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Preliminary 14.0 Patch Notes

More Worried About the Graphics Engine Changes

Once, just once, I'd like to see Funcom post a set of patch notes and not have 75% of the replies be complaints about what isn't in them. If it's not in the patch notes, don't comment about it in the patch notes thread. Man, I wish the moderators would go through this thread once or twice a day and prune the off-topic posts. After a couple of days, people might take the hint.

As someone whose primary character has been an MA, I am thrilled beyond words about the damage type change. I can pretty much understand why nobody else is. In 13.9, they're right, I'm no longer jealous of shotguns. I am still jealous of MP attack pets (my secondary character). Changing the damage type should just about make MAs equal to MPs. And boy, won't that have some people crying in their beer.

And words can not begin to express how much I hope that Funcom actually comes through with the Team Missions change. You know why I play mostly solo missions? Because finding mobs of the right range, in manageable numbers, with actual loot, is just not possible in the wild. Now you're going to give us actual incentives to form teams and run missions? Man oh man. For one thing, wow, the first real incentive I've seen yet to get in groups more often than to solo. Also, wow, missions with boss mobs and uber loot BELOW charlevel 80. I am so, so there.

The one thing that terrifies me is that the section on graphics engine changes. There are so many, and so fundamental, as to make me suspect that they've licensed a new graphics engine altogether. I almost hope so - because changes that big are going to break something. Probably break it altogether. No offense, but Funcom's track record on software engineering is not something to be proud of.

In particular, there had better be some serious major improvements to rendering speed before they link object texture quality to ground texture quality. One of the things I had to do to get my frame rate to manageable was drop ground texture quality to medium. (I'd go lower, but then I couldn't see contour.) I had to stay at high texture quality to be able to read signs, tell shops apart, and so on.

Look, I play on a 192MB Celeron 566. That is way, way above the "minimum" system requirements, and within spitting distance of the "recommended" ones. Don't tell me to raise it to 512 MB; this box tops out at 256. If the graphics rendering changes make it slower or more memory dependent, then they will make me choose between spending hundreds of dollars to replace my CPU and quitting AO. And I don't have hundreds of dollars to spare.

I'm eagerly waiting for 14 to hit the test server. But my god, I hope they listen to the users and ARKs on the test server this time.

Balance and restrictions based on level is garbage

If one were to say that a level 10 character can only use up to lvl 12 items then EVERY lvl10 character in the game would be completely geared out in lvl12 gear.

EVERY lvl100 character would be completely equipped in lvl120 gear head to toe.

How g-d f-ing boring bs kind of game is that? Introduce something as childishly simple as that and I and half the game is gone in an instant. "Sorry little Johhny, I know you can do calculus backwards in you sleep, but you can't go to college because you're only 10 and we say so" Screw that let Johnny take non-linear equations if he's capable of doing so.

First it was sexism, then racism, now we got levelism. "Go to the back of the bus you sub-50'er. Make room for the plus-100's"

Yeah, that's what we need to do: encourage leveling just for the sake of leveling. Novel concept. Not.

The fact of the matter is that there should be no 10X damage spread. There should not be a single player in the game stupid, broke, anti-social, or ignorant enought not to be at least up to 50% of the total power potential of the most tweaked and tuned power gamer at the same level.

If you are less than half of what the number one player in your profession is at then you are pathetic. I believe pathetic players need to be in the game. They give the rest of the playerbase something to feel good about. Kind of how the good looking chick likes to hang out around the not-so-good-looking chicks.

But 10X power difference at the same level? How could you come up with such a number?

please fix the 3rd person camera bug that is very pronounced in subway and dark small cave missions where the camera can't tell the inside from the outside of the room so the camera get's stuck on the outside of the room when you go 3rd person. Maybe intersecting wireframes or something are confusing the camera as to which side of the surface they should be on. Clean up the maps.

Sounds like leveling the playing field is really getting some of you bent out of shape. Sucks to be you. And I'll still see most of you "I QUIT!!" people after it happens because it's all part of the tantrum approach to getting your way.

Now maybe we can discuss what's in the patch so far and stop blubbering about what isn't there.
    Bet I can run faster scared than they can mad!

Originally posted by Kelvain
    2. NTs need to be helped more then agents or advents, why here is why. My level 75 agent can breeze through a QL 100 mission, killing reds like they were greys, why cause my level 105 NT is nothing but a Implant whore for my other characters right now cause she can't solo a QL90 mission without having her butt handed to her. My level 95 advent, who I dont play at the moment, but may in the future can solo QL105 missions, sometimes with difficulty but still can take out a high orange.
    I love seeing stuff like this. Really makes my day. I know 90+ NTs who have no trouble with 50% missions and often do higher. Ask yourself, "What is wrong with my character?" not tell yourself "This class must be gimped".

Originally posted by starknaked
    What does this mean?
    "Introduced better text feedback when using the Concealment skill"

At the moment, when I try to aimed shot a leet at level 112 with 1000 concealment, I will often see "the monster is aware of your presence" and it won't work.
    Lol theres no doubt Concealment needs fixed. But Starknaked you must realize that no matter how good your concealment is.. standing DIRECTLY infront of a mob no matter what lvl and what concealment skill, you should be seen.. that's just realism.
    http://community.anarchy-online.com/...1/name/xaielao
    "Yea, I've got your information.. you got my money?"
    Proud member of 3305 Local
    A non-GA Fixer, and pround of it!

Fergus ~ 27 Soldier (after wipe) ~ Test
    "No escaping pain! You belong to me.." Megadeath-Skin o' my Teeth

Fion ~ 25 Opi MA (after wipe) ~ Test
    "Woh look at that MOB! Think I can take it? *SMACK* OUCH!"

Well looks like the OE patch is going to go through, so be it, I am sure after it goes through all you folks who have been blaming overequipping for all your woes will move on and find another reason why things are so unfair for you. Have said before and will again, I have an overequipped rifle using the tools provided by funcom and no exploits. This does not make me uber,,if it did I would not be doing 50% to 60% missions at level 85 and still be dying in them. When this patch goes through I will give it a chance and see how it goes ,but I do know this is taking away a huge portion of the game for at least 1/2 of the players. So untill the next great evil is targeted by the vocal minority , carry on bravely
    Last edited by Dienst; Mar 9th, 2002 at 05:23:48.

Originally posted by JimSalabim
    I can answer this:

"Make the Fixer Area Burst damage be a weapon damage and not a nano damage, i normaly have other hit by other adn other hit by nano turned off for spam control, so i cannot see what damage im doing with my area burst "

I assume you think it does nano damage because you can sometimes get the "target resisted" message (and the fact that "other hit by nano" turns it off). This feedback doesn't actually have anything to do with the type of damage dealt, but the WAY it's dealt (not like a normal shot from a bullet).

So: The attack does deal projectile damage, but the feedback when the target dodges is wrong. It should have been something like "Target dodged your attack" - and it should be displayed the way other special attacks are displayed.

It will be fixed. I can't tell when, though.
    Thx i just want to see what damage i'm doing even with other hit by other and other hit by nano turned off. thx for the prompt reply!

Originally posted by Strikon

The number one reason people are *****ing about specific classes being unbalanced is because of overequipping. Classes right now aren't balanced by their abilities, but by how much can X class overequip.

Let them fix overequiping so they can finally actually balance the game.

The reason you need to overequip at the high levels is because they had to tune the monsters for those overequippers. Now those who don't overequip have a hard time BECAUSE overequipping is possible.

Personally I don't think any class balance should be even looked at until they've eliminated massive overequipping. Because it's impossible to balance right now with overequipping unless you do one of the following:
    1. Balance for no overequipping. Then those who don't can play a fun and challenging game. Those who do overequip then get to one shot kill in PvP those who don't, and kill anything and everything in the game with contemptuous ease.
    2. Balance for overequipping. Now people MUST overequip or they won't be able to play the game at all. Now you've got to consider huge variances in Player power in PvP due to amount of overequipping you can do at different levels. IE you have to consider a level 20 soldier with a QL80 gun relative to a nano-technician who can cast QL25 nano's max. How do you expect to balance that?

Remove overequipping and now you just have to balance classes based on their skills at their level and available weapons for that QL.
    You are so on the ball. The has to be balanced without overequipping bacuase it skews the true strenghts and weaknesses for every single class. I imagine the OE nerf will a MASSIVE and IMPORTANT patch.
    Most gameplay issues can be traced to one problem, overequipping, once they fix this, then the real balancing can being. I don't think any of your really think things out before you post, maybe you should.
    as for the /list command It may not be needed for cities, but its REALLY needed for far out area where if you knew who was in the zone, it helped allot. Sure it has a problem, I played a shaman in eq, I got telled for stuff all the time, but in the end I think the benifits will better than worse.
    Finally, IF ITS NOT IN THE PATCH, ITS NOT IN THE PATCH, stop whining.
    Last edited by lichoon; Mar 9th, 2002 at 05:08:18.

>>I imagine the OE nerf will a MASSIVE and IMPORTANT patch.<<

Yup, it will. It will be the patch that killed the game. Just wait and see.
    Grupurt Division 9 [RSGE] Ret.
    Second Nanomage Agent To Hit Lvl 200 on RK1

RK1

Originally posted by Dienst
    I have an overequipped rifle using the tools provided by funcom and no exploits. This does not make me uber,,if it did I would not be doing 50% to 60% missions at level 85 and still be dying in them
    The reason for this is NPC's were uber-buffed in order to stay challenging. And you can try and try to tell me that Funcom MENT to have players wielding QL100 weapons at lvl30.. because the buffs are there. That's like sayin the cops left that bag of coke on the table across from me.. must be they want me to go snort up..

Funcom has stated that when OEing is fixed.. mob strength will also reduce.
    http://community.anarchy-online.com/...1/name/xaielao
    "Yea, I've got your information.. you got my money?"
    Proud member of 3305 Local
    A non-GA Fixer, and pround of it!

Fergus ~ 27 Soldier (after wipe) ~ Test
    "No escaping pain! You belong to me.." Megadeath-Skin o' my Teeth

Fion ~ 25 Opi MA (after wipe) ~ Test
    "Woh look at that MOB! Think I can take it? *SMACK* OUCH!"

Originally posted by BGumble

I love seeing stuff like this. Really makes my day. I know 90+ NTs who have no trouble with 50% missions and often do higher. Ask yourself, "What is wrong with my character?" not tell yourself "This class must be gimped".
    and who are these people. They must be the ONLY NTS that can do this as most NTS the higher they go in Level the lower the QL of the mission they have to take its almost a direct ratio.
    Long live the metal
    Death to OT SCUM!!
    Member of the Mercury Dragons
    Divillian

Red face k.

I didn't bother reading after the third page, so I'll sum up my complaint quickly.

You people posting about agents whining, are for the most part, total fools.

How was that? Need some clarity? Okay, sure.

Agent, what is an agent?

Is the Agent, a sniper?

No.

Is the Agent, an agent?

Yes.

Is our profession, "Sniper d00d"?

No, it isn't.

It's Agent.

Snipe just happens to be one of the things that fall into that "Agent" profession. Agents should have many skills.

Agents in real life, like FBI, CIA, whatever, usually have lots of knowledge in weaponry.

Assult Weapons, Pistols, Rifles, Long range and short range. I guess that is why Pistol is dark blue and MA is sky blue for us AGENTS, ya?

Anyone who says the the Agent is over powered in PVP is full of s--t.

That and in PVM haha, I watched a level 200 Agent get out damaged by a level 124 Fixer last night. The fixer kept critting every other shot for 3k and the Agent's highest Aimed Shot was 7k out of two hours of fighting. His average was 700, and his average damage was doing equal to me. Hahaha.

I've been trying PVP for a while now, in Arena and in 25%'s.

---

Agent, Neutral, Level 74
    2200AC accross board.
    1054 Hit Points, Unbuffed.
    Quality Level 155 Tsaka Rifle.

I've never won a fight. I have buffed myself with MP pets (Valentia and the near same level atk pet.), then I terminate myself, buff with Agent buffs, then Soldier and buff with Soldier buffs.

This gives me an attack bonus of about 200, my attack when I get ready for PVP is about 620.

Concealment is like 560 I think, not sure, if it matters.

At level 74 I have my sense as high as I can get it (Minus high QL implants, I can't make any with sense seeing as my Psychic is very low and Psychic keeps ending up the base stat.), which is about 290.

My gear is all QL 105 - 110 Ribbed, and I wear a +400 AC ICC coat.

I get stomped nearly every fight, while being healed by a GD healing pet. I've also been buffed my enforcers for 500HP and a docter for another 400 or 500 HP, giving me around 2000HP give or take a few hundred.

My HP is a weak point of my character, I know, but that's no excuse for not damaging someone at least 50% in a fair fight.

--------------

Now, what I think needs to be done to the Agent profession.

1) False Profession Line.
    We need to have these massive downs sized rescaled, serverly. This is a major point in the problem with Agents in PVP and PVM, AND SOLO.

My suggestion, and probably will be whined as "overpowering":

- False Profession: No special use.
    ...30 Minute Duration
    ...+50% Nano Cost
    ...-500 Nano Init
    ...75 Interrupt Add
    ...-25 Skills

- Assume Profession: Limited profession Advantages.(Special shops.. ect)
    ...20 Minute Duration
    ...+25% Nano Cost
    ...-300 Nano Init
    ...50 Interrupt Add
    ...-20 Skills

- Mimic Profession: Limited Profession Advantages.(Shops, Trade Skills ect.)
    ...15 Minute Duration
    ...+10% Nano Cost
    ...-100 Nano Init
    ...25 Interrupt Add
    ...-10 Skills

Maybe this is to powerful, I don't know, BUT whatever the ORIGNAL FALSE PROFESSION was as of Day 1 of release, that is what our Mimic Profession line should be.

Agents are masters of subtrufuge, why can't we mimic a profession and use their shops and such? Hah!

2) Specials and Attacks
    Aimed Shot should be like a low level snipe, we should get a new skill, like maybe "Snipe" at level 100, that can be used using all types of rifle guns, or something. I also think we should have options to use different types of guns. Agents are not snipers, it's just one of the many skills agents can develope. What if I want to be a pistol wielder for role-play reasons? Yeah, I suck, but agent's usually have side arms and pistols! >:|

-Aimed Shot
    ...CONCEALED Should do at least 3x your atk rating. (500atk = 1500 Aimed Shot.)
    ...CONCEALED Should crit at 4 or 5x your atk rating. (500atk = 2000 crit, 2500 crit.)
    ...UNCONCEALED Should do EQUAL to DOUBLE your atk rating. (500atk = 500 to 1000 damage.)
    ...UNCONCEALED Should crit at 2x to 3x your atk rating. (500atk = 1000 to 1500 damage.)

PVP should scale those down to either do a % of a players HP or from -1x. (3x becomes 2x, ect.)

-New specials.
    ..."Snipe" maybe a upgraded Aim Shot to get at level 100, would do realatively +1x added to those figures above. (3x's become 4x, ect.) We would keep Aimed Shot, and be able to do both specials.

3) Gear.

-Weapons
    ...We need better rifles. Period.
    ...Pistols, Agents should get a class specific pistol maybe, with a resonable skill use, or even a rifle use, maybe a drop from dungens or something. We need some cool class things to fit in with what we actually are. Make the game more fun for us.

-Equipment
    ...Give us better armor on our gear, unless the OverEquiping nerf will cause EVERYONE to have to use gear in their level range. (I think people should be able to equip items up to 2/3 higher level than them, Level 75 equip level 125 stuff.)
    ...Let us have some decent coats that don't look like a green dress.

4) Concealment
    ...Fix the little bugs.
    ...Fix Concealment Devices.
    ...Fix being seen more often while in leet form(is it just me?)
    ...Fix having to much concealment and being seen because it thinks you have 100+
    ...Maybe let us sneak past players with low preception?

5) Solo
    ...Why can't I kill a con even mob without MP pets?

6) Nano Skills, I know you're not going to change our nano skill point costs, but I think that our actual Programs are greatly over stated. I've focused my agent basically 60% on his nano skills, at level 74 they are all about maxxed, around 300, as high as I can make them. I think a bunch of our nano's need lower cost to cast.

Not sure if there is anything I missed.

Those are suggestions and thoughts on why I think we suck.

By the way, if Agent's don't start being as good as a Meta in the next two months, I'm not going to demand an IP reset and class reroll, I am going to cancel my account and walk accross the street from my home into FC's Raliegh office and demand someone get on their knees and let me have my years worth cash refunded in the form of sexual favors.( Kidding. )

I honestly have faith that whatever FC does to agents in the next few months will "fix" us, but I still fear PVP until I figure out why my ass gets handed to me by level 50 MA's.

If anyone has any comments about my PVP and would like to offer and help or suggestions, complants from this post, or elseise, contact me In Game at player name "Rukus" or send me a grid message at ZeroRukus@aol.com.

Also, if anyone wants to call me a whiner, bitc*er, or anything else, I suggest you STFU. This is the Internet, and an Online game, no need to voice your personal insecurities of over powered Agents seeking to be uber_l33t PKing you and taking your frags. I hear reality is good this time of year.

Remember, it never hurts to cause some Ruckus.

---- edit ----

By the way, Agents are not just rooters, pullers, and snarers. We can be DECENT back up tanks, even at high levels, and we deal adiquate damage in PVM.

Rocco "Rukus" Albe
    Operation: Glitched
    "Ayame, I promise."
    "wtf u want!!"
    Last edited by Rukus; Mar 9th, 2002 at 09:55:19.

Smile Ups and Downs

The upcoming 14.0 changes look really excellent. I'm much more interested to see, however, if the 14.0 patch requires 1 or more additional patches to get the new changes to work correctly.

:-)

Even so. Much to look forward to.

Angry When do Docs get some love?

Originally posted by Detonate
    Wow, sounds kinda good. Unfortunatley no new game additions.

Meaning us Adventurers will still suck just as much for another 4 months.....
    Ha! At least Adv is on the list at all. My main char is a Doc and I've heard no plans to give us any aid.

We can't solo missions effectively so we can't make money on rewards and chest loot. We can't make any money off our tradeskills because the components cost a zillion times more than the value of the stims and treatment labs you get from them. Unlike weapon components, medical tradeskill items NEVER show up as loot so there's no chance of finding them or trading with other players to get them inexpensively. We don't have buffs like Mastery or Wrangle or Feline Grace that people are willing to tip for. Sometimes I can get small tips for doing monster parts but since ANYONE can use a biocommuter there's not much reason for people to find a Doc to get it done.

I enjoy playing on teams as a Doc and I really want to stick with the char. But I am sick of being poor. At level 50 most of my friends are flying Yalms and I can barely scrape enough loot to replace the nano rechargers I go through in a session (at 6K a pop). Forget about buying a better gun or upgrading implants (and incidently, the gun and the implants I have currently were all gifts...I didn't have the money to get my own).

It's been 8 levels since I've been able to purchase upgraded equipment for this char (I did invest in two new nanos and that pretty much wiped my savings). It's reached a point where there's no enjoyment playing the character anymore.

Please please please Funcom...adjust tradeskills, improve our ability to solo, or offer Docs some other way to make money!!!

Originally posted by Fion

The reason for this is NPC's were uber-buffed in order to stay challenging. And you can try and try to tell me that Funcom MENT to have players wielding QL100 weapons at lvl30.. because the buffs are there. That's like sayin the cops left that bag of coke on the table across from me.. must be they want me to go snort up..

Funcom has stated that when OEing is fixed.. mob strength will also reduce.
    I understand most of the opinions on this topic,but since launch these buffs were here and people used them,I guess where I get confused is ,what did funcom think people would use wrangles for , the only use for a wrangle is to equip above your level,so why was it put in the game? As far as the the cop leaving the coke across from you,that would be entrapment and the cop who did it would be disciplined and probably suspended for it. Every one one knew from day 1 overequipping was possible,and if it was not supposed to happen,I just wish it would have been fixed a long time ago(if they were not going to leave it alone) before it became an integral part of the game for a lot of players. This may be a good thing,,not sure,,,but as said will give it a shot. But when this is done and weapon wielders cant OE there is just going to be another set of arguements about who is to strong,,and who is to weak, and who should be nerfed. Well what ever prob just wont be weapon wielders hurt by this, if this is really an OE patch then prob and should hit belts as well,that folks do not have the lit for and buffed and switched iimplants in and out to wear,so guess will hurt nano dependant classes to,,,or at least it should.After all if FC is going to do it lets do it right . Right?

Angry

like everything except................
    Chat and Interface Changes:

Pet chat will now show master's name in addition to pet name.

Absolutely hate it!!!!!

Its one of the perks of being a pet class, name your pet as something special then chat using it, adds alot to roleplay, adding a pet owners name to the front of it ruins some of the fun.

Re: Preliminary 14.0 Patch Notes

Originally posted by Cosmik
    -It is now possible to alt-tab from AO running in full screen mode.
    I already could alt-tab
    Chris "Councilor" Sandine
    In statesmanship, get the formalities right; never mind about the moralities.
    1. An official of a bureaucracy.
    2. An official who is rigidly devoted to the details of administrative procedure.

as could I, this worries me, if they think it was broke and they fix it...will it break now?
    Long live the metal
    Death to OT SCUM!!
    Member of the Mercury Dragons
    Divillian

Alt-Tab

I was always able to do it, but it did occasionally blue screen me. Hoping that will stop, :-).

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast