Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Missions crashing and repopulating

Missions crashing and repopulating GAME STOPPER

Leaves me in the middle of the mission with no pets and a fully repopulated dungeon.

No Map, No idea which way is out and striped of the ability to defend yourself.

Heres what happens, about an hour or so into a mission. Very large brown cave type I get booted with an error that says

"Problem with server"

I terminate the client, and when I log back into my account it doesn't say I'm already logged in when I should be.

At this point if you log in that character, you'll find them almost exactly where you left them in the now completly repopulated dungeon without any pets I might add if your the type who uses em.
    Last edited by Dareus; Mar 5th, 2002 at 23:12:10.

Server crashed, and based on the last information it got on your char. It put you back in the mission, only it reset the mission.

Ive had this on a number of missions of different types, its usually fatal for me, being a pet class, and extremely annoying.

If i zone out of the mission and back in the mission state is saved.

I would like to see the mission state saved so that crashes like this do not result in a repopulated mission.

Only problem Valis is that the GM's say that the server hasn't logged a crash.

The end result and the notification to the client though really seem to be a server crash or reset.

I've sent a bug report and referenced this thread so if you've had this problem add your 2 cents.
    Last edited by Dareus; Mar 5th, 2002 at 14:16:33.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=14154

Respawned missions - this would seem to indicate that problems are not with anyones connectivity, rather the server load is the problem. Spending an hour to clear a mission and approaching the mission reward only to have the mission respawned, one then dies on the way out of a once cleared mission losing all experience. This is a very large bug as well and is a "game-stopper" as it makes one playing not enjoy the experience.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=13419

- After a server crash, all mobs are respawning. You're surrounded by them and killed when you log in. Please, in case of server crash, make us respawn outside the mission area !

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=12832

I just lost 21000xp -- FOUR HOURS OF TEDIOUS WORK, YOU SWINDLERS!!! -- because your effing piece of crap code doesn't maintain the state of the dungeon through a disconnect. Your excuse for a game disconnected me, and when I relogged, the entire dungeon had respawned and I couldn't get out!!!

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=11768

° yesterdays 45k loss: server error, I get dumped mid in fight deep mid in a huge mission. I get in as soon as possible (5 mins later) to find all pets gone, and all of the mission space RE_POPULATED with mobs I killed before. The map is, "of course" gone and lost, so I miss the exit while running out by some 2 rooms more, dying 3 m from the exit door. Such fun! FUN COM or FUn CON? heh

Happened twice to me yesterday...

The incompetence of this company is astounding.

All buffs you got inside the mission are gone too
    RK1 Guild Apocalypse

Dillon "Duradas" Belote, Fixer
    Kiyoko "Selarana" Vallone, Meta Physicist
    Donald "Jorman" Dublin, Bureaucrat
    Burl "Gnorrg" Marinos, Enforcer
    Florence "Florania" Aronstein, Doctor
    ----
    RK3, Arnold "Gideon" Reineman, Enforcer

BUMP!!

This has happened to me at least 5 times since 13.8 was installed. It happens with different characters, mission types, and when in teams and solo. I did a general poll of my guild last night and most everyone has experienced the same thing.

THIS BUG NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED IMMEDIATELY!

Missions are the crux of this game, but what's the point of doing them if a) you can never complete them and b) to add insult to injury, you lose all the xp you earned?!?

its really pissing me off

It's happened to me atleast 5 times now. Just since the patch that was supposed to fix MAs.

Just abit ago before I logged off in disgust. 1.8mil down the tubes.
    Everyone in the team got disconnected said server error and the mission had reset. What a way to make to everyone in that team log off in disgust.

For higher level people, missions is about all there is to do, now you gotta deal with this misson reset bug? Fix it before I throw this game out the window. Its pissing people off enough to want to quit. Think about it...only thing to do.....can't complete a mission, all you do is lose xp, makes everyone grumpy and pissed off. You are not going to keep pissed off and grumpy people playing this game.

I have lost close to 6mil xp this week in 5 mission resets. THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED!!! How the hell does this get through testing!?!

I would like to bump in support of this problem getting fixed. This has happend to me and many members of my guild repeated times. 1 Mill xp down the drain every mission is not cool.

Please fix this asap FC.
    215 Solitus Soldier RK1
    Advisor Midnight Reveries.

Do politics exist? Yes.
    Who's involved in them? Anyone who wants to be.

If you spend your time worrying about what everyone else is doing in their lives, you'll miss what's happening in yours.

Yup, every night this happens, without fail.
    Grupert

Yes, this needs to be fixed ASAP. EXTREMELY ANNOYING. Also, what's up with the cities crashing all the time now? Newland, Omni-Trade, Omni-Ent, Athen...
    RETIRED

Wait! There's more!

Here's another thread on the same subject:

Serious mission bug

The best part is when your engineer loses his slayerdroid that he had to get Mocham's to cast. That's happened to us twice now.
    RETIRED

Yes, this needs to be fixed ASAP. EXTREMELY ANNOYING. Also, what's up with the cities crashing all the time now? Newland, Omni-Trade, Omni-Ent, Athen...
    Seems the code has gotten pretty ineficient with all the messed up patches again.

Leaves me in the middle of the mission with no pets and a fully repopulated dungeon.

Used to happen in Beta alot... one more beta bug returns...
    Last edited by Serena; Mar 8th, 2002 at 12:00:29.

I have to agree, it really can be annoying when this happens.
    Stuck in the middle of a mission, no map, all rooms suddenly re-populated.
    You've got to either fight your way out room by room until you find the exit, or risk knowing the route just to get out so you can re-start.
    However.......
    Who here can say that this bug has never been a bit of a "bonus" to them?
    I remember two missions where I was one or two mobs away from completing and this happening.
    I then had a mission full of mobs waiting to be killed for XP & credits again (As we all know the XP, credits & loot you've already gained is kept).
    All the chests were back, meaning I could walk out with 2x everything I'd already collected - Coats, Nano Cloaks etc.

Yes, I'd love to see this bug fixed, but once or twice it's been great for it to happen!

I've canceled both of my accounts due to this bug and funcoms unforgiving policies.

I was actually denied by an ARK member being summoned out of the mission due to this bug.

I figure it's crashed, so much for the item, oh well atleast if I can get them to zone me out of the middle before I log back in I can save the Exp.

Nope, poor customer service (I can't believe these Norway people even understand customer satistaction anymore) prevented this simple request due to "Policy".

I've got a bug report it from what, now about 4 days. No response.

I've got a ticket with customer disservice, 1 response in about a week and a half.

This is not "Customer service" this is a poor unforgivable cheap bad company tactic.

I personally couldn't work for a company with such a poor attitude and lack of professional ethics.

Same here...

When the mission crashes I am inevitably at half health and no nanos :/
    I fade back in and the mobs in adjacent rooms have respawned and are now blasting away at me. I have no chance of survival.

PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast