Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10% XP cap

This is a neat thread. Two entirely different conversations going on here. Some want to bicker about pets and such, others want to respond to the post.

At level 88, my not so impressive Enforcer needs 900,000 to level. I am safely killing things for about 3000 (yes, I can kill mobs up to about 7000, but man that's just asking for it.) If I killed something worth 9,000, it would be orange-red to me. Is that 10%???. Oh, wait, thats 1%.

So, I need to be killing things worth 90,000xp!!! Good lord man, if 9000 is red to me, what is 90,000???

I think this thread is a ploy by a Funcom GM to try and win favor for the new over-equipping patch coming up. Very sly, Funcom, very sly!
    "So shines a good deed in a weary world."

9000 XP is pretty weak for an enforcer at that level. I always thought Enforcers were really good at soloing. Then again, I don't know much about enforcers, so I won't presume to assume anything. What I DO know is that at level 75 as an MP I am able to get over 20K per kill when I solo missions sometimes. That's about 5% per kill. I did once kill a mob that gave me 39K, but I think I passed out when I saw the number, plus I was teamed with another MP at the time and he was level 80.

q189 Guardian nanos does create q200 bot.

But q 152 nano makes q 136 pet.
    Cyrus "Makarov" Scola (so called creator of never released Kamikazebots)

Kids= 30sec pleasure +18years of suffering.
    Al Bundy

BY WAFFEN:
    The entire free-trade community from North, Central and South America, along with the EU and the rest of Europe, Russia, the former Soviet States, India, Communist China and the rest of Asia along with industrialized Africa (mainly S. Africa) all know what slag is, and use that term regularly.
    So just what culture is being offended by the term "slag"?

Originally posted by WGMelchior
    Actually, engineers doesn't have level 200 pets either. Slayerdroid guardian is QL189 as a crystal, and the actual pet is lower.

Why don't you go kill mobs that gives you 2300 XP, and are easier than the extremely red ones you are fighting now? Gives you XP faster. You just need to know what you are doing.
    Actually Slayerdroid guardian ql189 produces a ql200 exactly shell.
    So it is 200. =)
    Undercover Soccom Brother

Blackness confirmed!!
    Welcome to the Brotherhood.

Buying ql 161 Art of Peace nano

Originally posted by Rudeboy

Ummm sorry to break it to ya man but MPs have pets higher than 200. 212 being the highest I've seen, but apparently there are higher. A crat I met claimed to have a Q240 ninja. If anything Engies are getting screwed, You pick up that Guardian and you realize, thats the last pet I will ever have..... No buffs for it really, just stuck forever. As for pet Eploitation, Please, if you think it's so easy try getting a char above level 100. Ooooooo 23000 xp to level. Hell my 122 has 4.3 and the best xp he has ever gotten was 150k from a chain healing mob. Took 25 minutes to kill the sucker so don't even start. Metas and engineers can't solo very well, theres a whole lotta running and trying to hide involved in soloing. 50% of the time you die in the first 3 hits. But hey if you ever get your cute little bum to 100 and still find something that gives 10% of a level fill me in! I would be jazzed to get to 200 in less than 3 days
    Um sorry to break it to you man but the highest MP pet is Cacodemon (ql189) and the highest crat pet nano is (ql169) Director-Grade Body guard.

Also I would love to see a mob that gives me about 500k exp so that i can get 10% of my lvl. If you know of one let me know =)

If there wasn't 10% caps on experience the lower lvl part of the game would be hillarious. I have my friend take his lvl 132 Mp and the highest heal pet int he game. Have a lvl 25 person get a full hard mission. give the key to a lvl 6 person and have the heal pet on him and twink to get a high lvl weapon on. Once the mob gets past 50%.. may take 2-3 mins ..... have the 132 person's attack pet kill it in 2 hits... Wow that was 2 lvls of experience. Rinse repeat. You could powerlvl a sub 50s person to lvl50 in what 5 hours max?
    Last edited by Soccom; Mar 29th, 2002 at 20:07:28.
    Undercover Soccom Brother

Blackness confirmed!!
    Welcome to the Brotherhood.

Buying ql 161 Art of Peace nano

Exclamation

Its designed to prevent people going from 1-70 in 6 hours. Belamorte on a lowbie...lol...belamorte on a lowbie's pet = LMAO.

10% xp cap is FINE, you can still 'powerlevel' damn fast. Maybe too fast, I've done it. OE nerf will actually tone it way down for the 'best' class to do this with, engy. It'll make them a ***** to play under 100 though, get yours to 125 (title4 green cap) before people won't even group with you anymore, you should be able to control a slayer unbuffed by then.

After 80 or so, theres no mob in the game that will cap you...at least none you have a chance in hell of killing regardless of pet. After 90+ I'd say there really is NO mob in the game...unless tarasque gives a bunch or something. (good luck 'soloing' him, hell- good luck period)

I'd never have the gall to ***** about this...I was amazed I could get so much xp at once even at later levels. Then after 100 you realize how steep the xp curve gets, while the mobs barely budge at all.

Originally posted by besheba
    god danm 10%?

where can i find a mob to kill that will give me 10% i am all over it

btw i need 22 mil to level, i would KILL for 2.2 mil xp from one mob as it stands now most i seem to get is 60k

Oh man, 2.2?! I wish! I need 30.6 million to lvl!
    2.2 million would not be 10%

Originally posted by WGMelchior
    Actually, engineers doesn't have level 200 pets either. Slayerdroid guardian is QL189 as a crystal, and the actual pet is lower.

Actually, You are incorrect. The Slayerdroid guardian nano IS 189, but the shell of the droid is 200. So..the Guardian is QL 200 in itself. Strangly enough the Sentinel takes the same requirements and is only 189 ql. Don't ask me why...

Slayerdroids and Demons (not checked with a ninja yet), of the highest types, are level 200. They're yellow to me now

Ninja

There are different levels of Ninja, but the highest one, Director-Grade Bodyguard is indeed Qual 200.

Originally posted by PipBoy
    9000 XP is pretty weak for an enforcer at that level. I always thought Enforcers were really good at soloing.
    they are pretty good. A lvl 155 enforcer in my guild outsolos my ql200 slayer up to aces. aces have too many HP for him to take out solo while my bot can take out most of em with me chain healing him.
    Member of the "I tried SWG and I am still kicking myself for it" club

about the cap

The main reason for the xp cap is so that you cant powerlvl with missions.
    Higher lvl missions gives up to 2+ million xp when you complete them so you could have a team of fixers and agents and whatnot and chain blitz missions for good xp.

<WARNING>
    RANDOM POST INCOMING
    </WARNING>

Is there any high-end game? Or do you just run missions until level 200, then start a new character...
    Nietya

Level 77 Clan fixer.

Trellame ought to be sainted or made a deity or something. I mean, seriously.

Originally posted by Nietya
    <WARNING>
    RANDOM POST INCOMING
    </WARNING>

Is there any high-end game? Or do you just run missions until level 200, then start a new character...

mission
    pvp
    mission
    repeat
    guild stuff......

thats FC's high-level game
    Supersoly lvl 220 Atrox Enforcer
    Fearthis lvl 200 Opi MA
    Tehsoly lvl 60 Atrox Enforcer

and a lvl 160+ sold...

Legion

Re: 10% XP cap

Originally posted by SnapDog
    Why in the world would you have to only get 10% of your total XP when killing high level MOBS? Just realized that I needed 23000 to level and I was getting 2300 or so XP, nothing more, on MOBS that I could easily get 3500+ with my higher level enforcer.

Why does this work this way? In other words, It is not worth it if you can take on bigger things? might as well do low level missions with no high risk of dying.

I think Funcom should remove this 10% xp cap. I worked so hard on getting the best stuff for my crat, best implants, and best nanos. IT IS NOT FAIR!~

please take note...

Kathyluz / 26 crat / ql50implants / ql51 vektor

It was not done to limit any particular profession in levelling too fast (as was aimed at pet professions here). A 10% cap is needed to prevent extreme levelling from anyone. This cap was introduced based on feedback and information we saw in beta where we had people levelling at insane speeds. I believe I saw someone level to level 85 or so 2 days after a player wipe.

Think if it this way - it only takes 10 MOBs to kill per level when you are killing something that high. Crikey. That's good. I'd take that any day. :P
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12