Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Solution to camping and lack of boss mob

Bump

I'm going to bump this FC till you comment on it. Perhaps eventually over time you will notice it and comment on why it can't be done, or give me the old were looking at it and we will let you know. Something anyway.

Besides a key dispenser the key should be expensive. When you get a mission you pay a small fee, the other static missions should cost you a couple of hundred k's for the key. If the Camelot key was say 1.000.000 (no big sum at 100) you would be more comitted to completeing the mission.

The way team missions are now described seems much better than the static mission. Loot for everyone and one mission per team.

Thumbs up team missions

Yes, team missions (once tweaked) will rock. It's a bit difficult on test due to the small population, but I really can't wait until this stuff goes live. If FC can't resolve the issues wrt static content, then forget it, concentrate on giving us superior dynamic content.

Dark are you on test? Been looking all over the boards for some clue as to what the team missions looked like / how they played? Fill us in somewhere if you know, thanks.

Thumbs up team missions

Hmm, Ok, first, the disclaimer - I've only done one team mission so far, and we did not finish it exactly due to the original team leader going LD and failing to return. And remember, this is the first version to hit test, there will be patches.

With that out of the way, here are my experiences. Two of us got a (lvl 17 Nt and 18 MP) got a mission at 25% - note that the difficulty of team missions is rather different - rough QL of mission would be 19-20. We got inside, past the entry room into the first floor proper, which is much like a normal mission area. The large room at the start had 3 orange MOBs, we engaged one, and promptly aggro'd several other MOBs (yellow to orange in shade). Must have been about 6-7 MOBs in that room. Much running back and forward, and the MP dying once, we eventually cleared them.

Further exploration led to more MOBs, some only yellow/green, others deep orange, much aggro'ing and adding, much running away, the MP dying one more time (I either have a better sense of preservation or was luckier...) we run into 2 orange enforcer type MOBs who continually pick on my character. I do a lot of running away, the MP does some more dying.

We retreat and find help. Two more players later (lvl 20 crat and 22 eng) and the loss of the MP due to disconnection, the three of us left re-enter and wipe the rest of the first floor without much difficulty. We find the 'porter to the second floor and head up ('use' the arrow over the 'porter pad - took me a moment to figure that out).

Second level was harder, more MOBS of mostly yellow-orange, more aggro, more adds, more hectic. I almost die in a very confused melee, but we prevail. The 'porter to the boss level awaits.

We get together ready to go and the eng. heads on up by themselves to find that you can't 'port in a fight (no easy retreat), and that the boss has 4 'helpers'. We go meet the eng. at reclaim and discuss what to do, no sign of anyone else our levels to help...

Finally another tester (lvl 190 Eng) (thx Dannielle!) offers to help us get the loot. She goes on a head and kills the helpers then we all go up to take the boss.

Wow! Bosses are tough. Real tough. We start dealing damage, the health bar moves not one iota. OK, we know of this bug, so, no probs, just keep pounding. Well, even with Dannielle helping out later in the fight (shooting for 700, critting once for 3000!), it takes a moment to down them. I suspect bosses will get toned down a bit. Boss does have good loot though, about 8 items of similar QL to the mission, weapons, armour, other stuff. And NO maps :-)

Loss of the original leader means picking up the item does nothing, he had the mission icon, but everything else went well, at least for me. Gained 2 levels :-)

So, a lot of fun, plenty challenge, and with some tweaks - oh boy!

And it seems like the number of floors depends on the QL. I ran a teammission as lvl 4, and we had the entrance floor, and the boss floor. No floor in between.... One good thing.... If U are at the boss floor, U can run and grab the item if you cannot kill the boss...
    Flyhard - lvl 137 doc
    Thermaling - lvl 94 fixer

I agree completely with the original post and think that to keep people from loading up on 1 trip, make it like missions, where once you kill a mob, they stay gone, including the boss. So if people want 5 robes, they have to go through the dungeon 5 times...

BUMP

COOKIES

CHEESE

SEX

CAN WE GET A RESPONSE PLEASE

I know...I'll post a link to this in all the other rooms
    "Your village called...their idiot is missing"

Psilex (Agent)
    Smokegirl (Nano-tech)
    Tylerdurdon (Bureaucrat)

Proud Member of:
    Omni-Tribunal
    Omni-Pol

Thanks for the info from test!!!
    Princess"Lashleigh" Tabledancer - Unit member of Nirvana

Yes, I had my own fan club. Behold the power of spam....

So says I bump this thread I shall

humm mission keys at the entrance? Just so long as the boss drops a unique item. Don't no haven't seen a boss so can't tell ya if this is the case. But if they are nodrop unique then bump the **** outta this thread. And good idea

I agree completely with this post.

There are, however, other variations to the solution than mission keys (and redisigning static dungeons to have multiple 'planes' like mission dungeons.

FC should take a cue from one of the few things that Turbine did right in AC. Increase the spawn rate dramatically! In AC quest spawns are anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes. never longer. Farming is/was not a problem. If a group wants to camp a spawn for xp, so what! High rates of spawn mean that everyone eventually gets what they came for in some reasonable amount of time and takes their loot before the get killed 9as they will eventually if they hang out long enough). The value of uber items should not be in their rarity (as in EQ) but in the difficulty of getting them (as in AC). As is, AO is structured to be the worst of all worlds. The camping of EQ without the worth of getting something truly worthwhile.

Thumbs up

Great idea! I played EQ for nearly a year before I get fed up with the constant camping and farming. There's nothing worse then working your way threw a dungeon and finding someone camping the boss monster who's been farming that sight for days (or in some case weeks). It sucks and is no fun. An item shouldn't be rare because it's not fun to get, an item should be rare because it's difficult to get.

And if you want to stop twinks from getting uber items it's ridiculously simple. Make the item No Drop. There problem solved.
    Oren "Ironheel" Fadri
    Clan Enforcer

Thumbs up

Lookie there....I bump again.
    Princess"Lashleigh" Tabledancer - Unit member of Nirvana

Yes, I had my own fan club. Behold the power of spam....

Some excellent ideas!

Bump!

Bump. I love the idea of being able to do the mission without the fear of someone else comin in behind you and stealing your reward cause they can out damage you on the boss mob. I went to the Steps of Madness with a few guildmates yesterday and we ran through and cleared it out without a problem then had another group come in behind us (no resistance) and join us in waiting in the last room for neleb. They we cool about waiting cause the friend who wanted the coat had to leave soon so they waited till we left. But most of the time you won't find someone that cool..they will walk in steal your kill and then walk out all the while laughin at you while you sit down and wait for the respawn. I've been out to the Foremans office about 5 times and i've NEVER seen the boss mob...only the 6 or 7 omni camping there for the scope and suit. sucks.

So once again

BUMP!!!

Gorilla5
    104 soldier
    Proud to be a Soldier for the Clans (even if we get no lovin)
    President of De Opresso Libre

*Bumpage*

Thumbs up to Trigger, the solution is simple yet elegant. Lets us go in with multi teams if we want, or not. Good thinking.

*bump*

yeah each team or however many people want to go on one key should get thier own dungeon popped for them. Corse with team missions the end bosses are supposed to drop rare loot so its possible they may make it so that the dungeon isnt the only place to get unique items.

personally i think items should be randomised drops like in diablo where a unique item has a chance to drop off a certain type of monster rather than just one monster. making it so that people can kill a variety of things and still get nice stuff and totally eliminating the absolute need to camp a certain thing. Camping pops for hours on end to maybe not even get the item is why i left EQ it should be fixed some how.

Melbringi 85 Clan Fixer RK2

Definately have to agree with this idea. I recently moved over from EQ because of all the ridiculousness of items and dungeons and the extreme lack of fun the game produced. Twinks made the game lose a lot of it's fun, and this game works to prevent that.

Bumpity bump
    Grevik - Did you put your cover sheets on your TPS reports?
    Constantinos - Vampire of the Redeemed
    Yoshitaka - Martial Artist, Martial Poet, Martial Writer....
    Kadmon - Selling Mother-In-Laws on the Slave Market since 29478
    Sandolphon - Couldn't "fix" macaroni and cheese, but he sure runs fast!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast