Thread: Kodaik, not Kodiak

Kodaik, not Kodiak

When I first started playing AO I saw a Kodaik in a shop. Then I didn't visit the shop for a long time and everybody was talking about Kodiak so I thought I propably remember wrong. Now I have multiple times checked that it really is a Kodaik, not a Kodiak like everybody says (Many even say Kodiac). Why is this? I think it's kinda funny actually but for gods sake it is called KODAIK.
    -War is not about who is right, it is about who is left.

- L92 MP
    - L7 Enf

It's Whom'pa not woompa or wompa
    It's Athen not Athens
    They're nanoformulas not spells
    You don't 'cast' a nanoformula.
    It's Atrox not Athrox or Antrox.
    It's Opifex not Opiflex or Optifex.
    Yalmaha not Yamaha or Ylam.
    Lucubration not lubrication.

Don't worry, it's useless with the influx of new players.
    Last edited by Bionitrous; Mar 4th, 2002 at 20:50:14.

Originally posted by Bionitrous
    It's Whom'pa not woompa or wompa
    It's Athen not Athen
    They're nanoformulas not spells
    You don't 'cast' a nanoformula.
    It's Atrox not Athrox or Antrox.
    It's Opifex not Opiflex or Optifex.
    Yalmaha not Yamaha or Ylam.
    Lucubration not lubrication.

Don't worry, it's useless with the influx of new players.
    What do you do then witha nanoformula?
    Always used casting heh :/
    High lvl content is the key to fix the game. Add new hunting grounds, make some viable loot and money-dumps for higher lvls.

Originally posted by Johan

What do you do then witha nanoformula?
    Always used casting heh :/
    You run the nano program that you get with the nanobots from the nanoformula.
    Santacharm
    Enforcer

Sopprano
    Fixer
    Metthias
    Meta Physicist

You execute the nano formula but because casting is much faster to type I usually say casting.
    -War is not about who is right, it is about who is left.

- L92 MP
    - L7 Enf

Yeah, it's 'executing a Nanoformula'. Casting is admittedly easier to type. If you look at a character's hands when he's 'casting' you'll see that he is actually making the motions of typing on a keyboard. He's 'programming' or 'running a program' or 'executing a nanoformula'.

You have an NCU (Nanoformula Containment Unit) it harnesses Nanobots that can be 'programmed' to do things. These programs are called Nanoformulas. Some are beneficial (buffs) some are harmful (debuffs). Think of a debuff as a Computer Virus that's running in that NCU belt around your waist.

When a Disavowed Medic 'executes' a nasty DoT in your NCU, what he is doing is turning your own NCU against you. Essentially he's causing your NCU to run a virus that is making the nanobots do bad things to you instead of good things.

EDIT: I always thought they should have a 'storytime' where players of any level could go to 'libraries' and listen to ARKs explain things such as Nanobots, the NCU, the history of the Tir Accord, the story behind famous landmarks such as Camelot or the crashed spaceships, etc. But that would probably mean the ARK's would have to know history and backstory. =(
    Last edited by Bionitrous; Mar 4th, 2002 at 20:53:10.

Originally posted by Bionitrous
    I always thought they should have a 'storytime' where players of any level could go to 'libraries' and listen to ARKs explain things such as Nanobots, the NCU, the history of the Tir Accord, the story behind famous landmarks such as Camelot or the crashed spaceships, etc. But that would probably mean the ARK's would have to know history and backstory. =(
    Genius!

The only time I've seen an ARK (only played for four days) was when I logged in the very first time. He's asking "do you have any questions" and I'm thinking, "what am I supposed to ask?"
    I want one of them guys to approach me now that I know the basics but have other, more specific questions. Of course, there's always you guys here on the forums
    But yeah, the "storytime" idea rules!

The point in this stupid post is?

Trox's Are fat, and I like fex women =)

Buff, plz, brb, omg, omfg, lol, rofl........ etc.

Shorter easier words.

Kodaik!: )
    Yalm!

uh uh

All forgot one :

don't say "F**k i funcomed" but "Sh*t my pc has crashed"

(sorry for my poor english)