Thread: Mps are not that uber

Mps are not that uber

Why is it that everyone is using Mps as a yardstick of Uberness?
    Mps are a one of the better classes in AO but we are not the uber proffesion ppl like to describe us as.

Best PVM proffesion = Engie (fully buffed)
    Best PVP proffesion = Trader or doc soldier after lvl 150
    Best Money proffesion = Agent or trader
    Easiest proffesion to play = Enforcer

A decent mix of all the above = MP

So there you have it, if you think mps are so frikkin uber, roll one! I did it and i like it. To bad mps wans't as good as i tought and the pets can drive the most stable man insane.

But hey! Keep whining and fc might nerf mps to gimpness once again.

MPs are uber. and yes i did roll one. then got to lvl 50 three times as fast as i did with my engie and realized it wasn't what i wanted. MPs are the best PvM out there by far. Only way engie is close is if he uber twinks. which requires him to go beg for buffs from 2 other profs.

i don't do much PvP so i can't comment on that aspect.
    Member of the "I tried SWG and I am still kicking myself for it" club

Re: Mps are not that uber

Originally posted by Vandame

So there you have it, if you think mps are so frikkin uber, roll one! I did it and i like it. To bad mps wans't as good as i tought and the pets can drive the most stable man insane.

But hey! Keep whining and fc might nerf mps to gimpness once again.
    I have, and he was so uber that it was almost boring. Didn't even twink, and hit 40 in a couple of days (without ever even putting in implants, no less. Also, only used a QL10 Biogun cause it looked cool). The only pain I saw was making money. It's hard to afford all those nanos, but other than that, as long as your attack pet is red, it's cake. Learning to control your pets is probably the hardest part.

MPs are ridiculously ultra-uber. If you think any less, you're fooling yourself. Have you played other classes? I went from "The King of Gimps" (NT), to Super-Uber (MP), to "Just Right" (MA). Also played and Agent (somewhat gimpy) and a trader (kinda dull). Once you play with a few other classes, you can start to see what Gods MPs are.

Struggle through 50 levels with an NT, then tell me your MP doesn't feel uber....

-D
    ===============
    First Order S.S.S.C.
    ===============

ahh

Yes mps are very easy to play at lower lvl, but so is mas and engies but after lvl 100 they are by no mean Uber as some ppl call it.

And yes i have tried to play all profesions cept a doc.

mps are uber

accept it, enjoy it.

you are the first person i have seen who thinks mps aren't uber.
    its interesting.
    My lungs arent blackened by tar, they're blackened by SIN!

Re: ahh

Yes mps are very easy to play at lower lvl, but so is mas and engies but after lvl 100 they are by no mean Uber as some ppl call it.

And yes i have tried to play all profesions cept a doc.
    So, you are over 100 with your MP? How long did it take you?
    And your Engie? How long on that one?
    As for your MA, I bet he took a lot longer.... unless you had an engie with you...
    How far did your NT get?

As for engies, they are the new overequip masters (how many do you know who will leave town without a mocham's or 2?). They are uber at (exploit?)power-levelling... but not uber at everything else, as the MPs are.

As for MAs, they are far from uber, IMO they seem to me to be pretty much the only really balanced class (without having to overequip). Sometimes I feel a little overpowered these days, but not to the point of uber-boredom like my MP.

-D
    ===============
    First Order S.S.S.C.
    ===============

Re: Mps are not that uber

Best Money proffesion = Agent or trader
    And MPs. Try to get a Mastery or Mocham if you don't have guildmates or MP friends. Hopefully I have both.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

MP's ARNT uber - we are unfortuatly the middleman (jack of all trades)

If various nerfs hadnt gone ahead we would be a tru jack of all trades not uber but fair BUT FC messed with the prof we were ment to be a litle bit worse than and this does make us out as the uber ones - choice is dont complain about MP's uberness instead complain about your profs probs get em fixed and thus get raised up to the MA position

when it comes to PvP it really depends on ya breed on wheter or not u can do it easy - a solitus or Atrox MP will be an ok PvP prof
    a nano will last 5 seconds under fire - (this forced me to use a nasty tactic- target clanner set pet on him/her and then hide where the target cant target me )

Re: Re: ahh

Originally posted by Dropcid

As for engies, they are the new overequip masters (how many do you know who will leave town without a mocham's or 2?). They are uber at (exploit?)power-levelling... but not uber at everything else, as the MPs are.
    First of all. Don't put me in the same boat as the lamers who beg for mochams, masteries and wrangles before they dare leave town. I self equip unless someone in my guild happens to be in a town to help out. I'm lvl 85 now and still haven't whipped out a warbot.

Second, getting those buffs usually cost and arm and a leg unless you got guild mates helping ya out. So unless you have loads of cash to get buffs all the time, then you're not gonna be all that great all the time.

Third. With the last patch I have a tendency to loose my pet when I exit 50% of my missions.

Fourth. New engies don't have the money to buy and put together as many implants as I did. I just transfered money from my gimped soldier and life was grand. I alwasy had a red pet until I hit the skill cap at lvl 83.

If you know how to play your profession without the buffs, you are that much more better when you get the buffs. It sickens me to see all the engies out there who are getting warbots at 60 slayers at 80+, and they don't know what a trimmer is.
    Last edited by Atrocious; Mar 5th, 2002 at 22:38:38.
    Atrocious - taking ugly to the next level.

Atrocious - Atrox Enforcer - Member of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Aniana - Solitus Engineer(Uber gimp) - Applicant of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Plasmatiq - Solitus Soldier

Plus countless other alts I play with once in a while.

MPs are the by far the most powerful class...until you hit your Title level 4 cap.

From about 82 to 115 they are kinda tough (compared to what they were at lower levels). You loose allot of your power until you can self cast infuses and Odin's Eye without sacrificing your TS and MC implants. Since MPs pets have such a short lifespan, getting prebuffed with higher MP/trader buffs is kinda useless (unless you have one in your group). Weapons classes can "usually" be in to there QL 200 weapon of choice by these levels without worrying about a buff running out.

Just my observations and opinions

Be Safe,
    Joe
    |-o-| (=0=) |-o-|

Re: Re: ahh

Originally posted by Dropcid
    Am I exploiting when I have a slayerdroid by my side? I only need masteries to use the lvl 200 slayer, so where is the limit on exploiting ? Is it those that get both wrangles AND mocham's ? Is it those that get mocham's only? I hardly think of myself as an exploiter just because I get masteries by a kind MP and then I have my slayerdroid friend with me.

hehe

As an mp i love engies by my sides in missions

Re: Re: Re: ahh

Originally posted by Magikha

Am I exploiting when I have a slayerdroid by my side? I only need masteries to use the lvl 200 slayer, so where is the limit on exploiting ? Is it those that get both wrangles AND mocham's ? Is it those that get mocham's only? I hardly think of myself as an exploiter just because I get masteries by a kind MP and then I have my slayerdroid friend with me.
    You are exploiting if you still can use Slayer what req 800 skill to cast while you have current 500 skill.

Re: Re: Re: ahh

Originally posted by Magikha

I'm not talking about overequipping your bot when i say (exploiting?). I'm talking about the things you do with that overequipped bot after you've made it. I'm not discussing any further than that, but suffice it to say you can go up 30 levels in a day easy (and i'm not talking lvl1 to lvl 30, i'm talking 60 to 90).

-D
    ===============
    First Order S.S.S.C.
    ===============

Angry

Originally posted by Moodyman
    MP's ARNT uber - we are unfortuatly the middleman (jack of all trades)
    Grrr you! Give us Adventurers back our 'jack of all trades" status! hehe ^_^

I'm gonna agree w/ vandamme on this one.
    I've played a soldier and an enforcer, and my GF plays an engi.
    MPs are by far the easiest low level class IF you know how to play them. When my soldier started to really suck, I switched to MP. I made 40 levels in a week.

Most of the whining in these forums comes from outright jealousy.
    I'm sorry if NTs don't work yet. I'm sorry if adventurers aren't happy being marginal at everything (even thought thats by design), I'm sorry if agents can't kill with one shot like they think they should, I'm VERY sorry soldiers suck from 50-100.

But for cryin out loud!

Engineers are well balanced and fun, let them be. They suck at PVP so they can't hurt you. MPs are well balanced and fun, they suck at PVP so they can't hurt you. Enforcers are well balanced and fun, they're OK at PVP, but not great, and you have a decent chance against them.

All the incessant whinging cry babies who will only be happy when they are the BEST just need to get the hell over it. Each class will be lucky to be very good at one thing, at most. Most of them have it, some of them don't, but its no reason to go on and on and on about how the people who are good at something need to have thier fun taken away when it DOSEN'T HURT YOU AT ALL.