Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dead citizen found floating in Omni-1 Entertainment. Sewers

murder or suicide?

A permanent death hmm, I wonder was this mans life eternal peace or eternal damnation?

Going on the cloning process, if Omni-med claim to have Major Fyarrs insurance record intact, then it is possible to reform a clone of him, just as they have done before. Our bodies get killed day in day out, but aslong as our insurance records are intact we can be reconstructed.

There is no such thing as a perma death weapon, because Omni-med hold the records to which the persons body is recreated from, With this recent incident, I strongly urge that an investigation is conducted on the practices of Omni-med and its insurance policy and procedure.

If Omni-Med are failing to do their job properly, then Rita Prestin should be confronted and suspended from her position as COO, of Omni-Med until the investigation has finished.

Omni-Tek creates a working prototype of their new cell-scanner technology. While it is incapable of making sentient copies - clones - of still-living creatures, this technology can now recreate a person's body at the exact moment of cellular "death". The person's life-force - soul - is instantly drawn to the new body with all memories and personality traits intact.
    Taken from the Rubi-Ka History Archives

Going on the archives, to the procedure given by Omni-Med to recreate a body, it is apparent that to kill someone permanantley you would need a weapon that affects and destroys the body on a subatomic level, if such a weapon is active, then the security forces of Omni-Tek should be on High Alert. However if Major Fyarrs insurance records are found to be intact, then his subatomic structure and chemo-electrical neural pathways should be there, allowing Omni-Med to assign his being to a new body.

If Omni-Med have somehow lost his records, or they have been destroyed, then a cause for concern should be taken.

I hope that Omni-Prime sees the risks posed to the citizens of Omnni-Tek here on Rubi-Ka and I hope that they do everything in their power to prevent another incident of this kind.
    Tikon - Forever an MP. Rest in peace my dear old friend.

Remember, Life is a Journey, Not a Destination, So enjoy the ride..

Tikon, if permanent death was not a reality, we would not be having permanently dead people poping up

We would not get the occasianal mission to ritual kris knife an individual in possesion of this technology.

Insurance is stored just as any other data, you can store it here, you can store it there, and it is tagged with identification for each individual, this identity is what allows it to be used for reconstruction or targeted for deletion (permanent death)

A weapon only damages the body, the insurance records which hold the subatomic structure of the being is stored in Omni-med. You cannot target insurance records and delete them, without having someone in Omni-med to do it for you. If that is the case then there is a serious security breach.

Dont allow the basics to confuse your mind, as a Meta-Physicist part of our being is to understand and learn the nature of our soul and our inner being. Regardless of whether our body is gone, we are still present.
    Tikon - Forever an MP. Rest in peace my dear old friend.

Remember, Life is a Journey, Not a Destination, So enjoy the ride..

Very well Tikon, we shall see if this permanently dead person is resurrected, to determine if Omni-Meds/Insurance database is somehow impervious to the machine that was used on him.

Or that he used on himself...
    Last edited by Yohon; Jun 6th, 2003 at 19:46:30.

Actually, the insurance records just store our physical body's information. Once the body is reconstructed our "soul" returns to the new body to live on.

Perma-Death weapons strike the soul and "kill" it so it can not return to the insured body.

(If you look at the stories and time lines you'll see what I'm talking about..)
    RK1
    Atrox Fixer
    Atrox make baby jesus cry =(

Carnuk is exactly right. These so called perma death weapons are banned, illegal, etc. The very few that do exist are highly restricted to target only a specific DNA pattern, or are heavily guarded.

It's no secret that OT has researched, developed, produced, and distributed perma-death weaponry. Ultimately, if an OT employee is dead, OT is responsible in an indirect manner since they developed the insurance technology and the perma death technology.

They also have some responsibility in allowing the leaking of these weapons or the designs of the weapons to parties outside of OT.

More to blame for the death is the person pulling the trigger of course, but if OT’s divisions were doing their jobs properly the weapons would not have been leaked in the first place. So now you have rumors of people like the Dust Brigade, Dave Duster, and a few other well known persons who have acquired perma-death technology.

And what does OT do about this? They put a bounty on the heads of Triple D… *coughs* Diamondcut, and the Dust Brigade. I haven’t seen any evidence of an active investigation in, what has it been? A year now? Maybe less, maybe more. Not 100% sure.

((On a related note, the only soul attacking weapon that isn't restricted belongs to Martial Artists, but a Dimach attack isn't powerful enough to prevent your soul from finding your resurrected body, but a good dimach may leave you prone to strange headaches, ringing ears, trick joints... While a dimach attack isn't limited to Martial Artists, they tend to be the people with the most training in the skill.))
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

Perma-Death weapons strike the soul and "kill" it so it can not return to the insured body
    "Slayed in Spirit" or "Giving up the Ghost"

Perma-death

There's another kind of "perma-death" weapon...
    Instead of destroying the soul, it disrupts it from re-entering the new body.
    As you may or may not know, insurance terminals are only 99% effective, so every once in a while the soul simply doesn't return to the new reconstructed body.
    The idea behind these cheaper but rarer perma-death weapons is to disrupt the connection between the body and the soul... that way, the soul remaind wandering aimlessly for eternity, or maybe it finds a new host to take over if it is strong enough. The soul may also dissipate after this disruption if it is too violent to withstand, or simply "move beyond" as some call it...

Carnuk is exactly right. These so called perma death weapons are banned, illegal, etc. The very few that do exist are highly restricted to target only a specific DNA pattern, or are heavily guarded.

It's no secret that OT has researched, developed, produced, and distributed perma-death weaponry. Ultimately, if an OT employee is dead, OT is responsible in an indirect manner since they developed the insurance technology and the perma death technology.

They also have some responsibility in allowing the leaking of these weapons or the designs of the weapons to parties outside of OT.

More to blame for the death is the person pulling the trigger of course, but if OT’s divisions were doing their jobs properly the weapons would not have been leaked in the first place. So now you have rumors of people like the Dust Brigade, Dave Duster, and a few other well known persons who have acquired perma-death technology.

And what does OT do about this? They put a bounty on the heads of Triple D… *coughs* Diamondcut, and the Dust Brigade. I haven’t seen any evidence of an active investigation in, what has it been? A year now? Maybe less, maybe more. Not 100% sure.

((On a related note, the only soul attacking weapon that isn't restricted belongs to Martial Artists, but a Dimach attack isn't powerful enough to prevent your soul from finding your resurrected body, but a good dimach may leave you prone to strange headaches, ringing ears, trick joints... While a dimach attack isn't limited to Martial Artists, they tend to be the people with the most training in the skill.))

Ok, first off, if it weren't for Omni-Tek you wouldn't even HAVE the reclaim terminals and you would be worm food right now.

Second, if it weren't for you lousy terrorist clanners we wouldn't have to worry about the perma-death weapons being anywhere but in trusted Omni-Tek hands.

I can't wait for Mr. Ross to give the go ahead to wipe your all off the planet.
    Last edited by Carnuk; Jun 7th, 2003 at 01:33:14.
    RK1
    Atrox Fixer

Carnuk, your quote is from George S. Patton of Old Earth, Circa 1943/1944.

Originally posted by Chola
    Carnuk, your quote is from George S. Patton of Old Earth, Circa 1943/1944.
    Yeah! Thank you Chola, makes me feel better to have the author's name attached..
    RK1
    Atrox Fixer

My reward of 25 million credits stands for information leading to the successful capture of Diamondcut for questioning by the authorities. Now in addition to the killing of Major Fyarr it is believed that he was involved in some way with the bombing that took place at the Omni-Tek Rally yesterday, killing 20.

Signed,
    Administrator Kithrak
    Red Tape, Omni-Admin
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

I can confirm that he is, Charles. 15 minutes prior to the bombing, I recieved threats from Mr. Duster, indicating that he would soon commence an attack.

If I may, allow me to match your reward. I will also give 25 million for any information regarding Diamondcut's location that will allow us a successful capture.
    General Hershel "Kasimir" Jurik

President of Division 9 R.S.G.E

Fixer
    RK-1

Braumiester of the Pagan Bartenders, wielder of dual SSo8s

Stealer of hearts, creds, and anything not nailed down!

Diamondcut's days are numbered. It will only be a matter of time until he is turned in. For those frige groups seeking to make a quick fortune the combined 50 million credit reward is equivalent to half of the 100 million offered by Elite Operations for Loren Warr's mercernaries in Newland City. 50 million is a lot of credits indeed.

*chuckles*

Signed,
    Administrator Kithrak
    Red Tape, Omni-Admin
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Quote::

"((On a related note, the only soul attacking weapon that isn't restricted belongs to Martial Artists, but a Dimach attack isn't powerful enough to prevent your soul from finding your resurrected body, but a good dimach may leave you prone to strange headaches, ringing ears, trick joints... While a dimach attack isn't limited to Martial Artists, they tend to be the people with the most training in the skill.)) "

Don't be so certain about this... *Wags a finger*

But I did not come here to respond to the conversation about Permanent Killing Devices or techniques...

*Lays a pair of Omni-Tek InternOps Uniform Pants down on the table in front of him.*

These where delivered to me by an Officer of Clan Storm last eve... he then informed me to check them thoroughly, which I did.

*Holds up a single shining diamond, flawless to the naked eye*

The Uniform Pants are the exact same size as Major Fyarr wore, and the serial number on the tag matches those issued to him some time ago... they are in fact his.

*narrows his eyes*

I too received a boast from Dave Duster before the incident at the rally last night, and since the explosion, have spent many hours at Omni-Med undergoing a long and thorough examination.

I also received an ill-placed communique from him shortly after the rally addressed to a certain Clan Member who was seen at the Rally, who's involvment is all but certain. I will not state their name openly, but they know who they are, and I assure you, your part in this will come to light, and you will be dealt with... In due time.

Dave "Diamondcut" Duster has led us to believe he was involved with not only Major Fyarr's death, but also the explosion at the Omni-Tek Rally... he has all but confesssed to this, which is more than enough to bring him in officially. Him sending me part of Major Fyarr's uniform laced with a single diamond is a pretty clear-cut message. Our su****ions are not wild alligations as some might claim. Usually, when someone is accused of a crime, it is for a reason... either they are known to operate in a similar style, or their is evidence present to support the alligation... This is not a Witch-Hunt, it's a simple case of bringing in a known felon who has caused more pain and suffering than most would like to believe can exist.

It's time Mr. Duster finds out there are consequences to his actions, no matter how immune he thinks he is to them...

It's time to bring him down... once and for all.
    *Cuts to the cold static of an ended Grid-feed...*

Division 9 RSGE

Courts wont do anything to stop Duster that has been proven. We will simply have to result to pure force and execute the bastard making sure he never returns.
    Despite everything in the end I was a Fixer and I can say it was hell of a ride.

Originally posted by Marlamin
    Courts wont do anything to stop Duster that has been proven. We will simply have to result to pure force and execute the bastard making sure he never returns.
    You can try, troxie boy. You can try. Smarter people than you have tried and failed at getting DC. Sides if they do get DC then who will Omni-Pol use as their favorite excuse for not getting up off their rears huh?

Look closer to home Omni-Tek. Ya got rats in your house.

Heh, heh.

Katelin "Kaetty" Zanter

Amazing how one 'alleged' killing can bring so much life to the news......

Nice work Boss.

Speak soon

/grins
    205 Martial Artist
    Board Member
    Death before Dishonour

Oh gods... here come the cronies...

Taking into account all the back-stabbing, and double-crossing, I'm almost content to let you all kill each other, then arrest any survivors. Unfortunately, policy dictates that this is not a reasonable route to take.

Though, I'm sure there's someone out there who can use that Fifty Million Cred... perhaps in Duster's own crew? Who knows...
    *Cuts to the cold static of an ended Grid-feed...*

Division 9 RSGE

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast