Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Dead citizen found floating in Omni-1 Entertainment. Sewers

Well my Omni-Med creator always said way back when:

"Never convict someone because you suspect them however convict them because they are guilty."

What has happened here was perma-death with out even a trial to a man who "could have" but quite possibly didn't. Dave was a smart man and fully knew what would happen to him if returned to Omni-Tek lands but I guess his smarts ran out when he agreed to come along after trying desperately to clear his name.

There were many things he knew that Omni-Tek would have loved to get their hands on about many events in the past... yet the most detailed aspects of that information are now long gone and I won't bother getting into it.

Omni-Tek "authorities" have proven once more they can't even follow their own laws and procedures, if they did this by the book then I would have to say they are more barbaric than Dust Brigade.

Until that time I suggest that no Neutral or Clan citizen "suspected" of crimes against Omni accept being taken for questioning, the next day you will most likely end up in a body bag. Instead ask to be questioned on neutral grounds at best with the safety of your faction; at least the Omni dogs will be on some sort of leach.

In Omni-Tek your guilty until proven to be useful, that doesn't apply if your the scape goat.
    Gabro ,
    A Member of Lost Chapter
    Level 200 Bureaucrat RK1

I am utterly convinced that the squealing of worried citizens sounds amusing to the ears of someone residing in Lush Resort, but the fact that the head of police doesn’t even interrupt his vacation to look into the perma-killing of a high ranked officer does raise some questions. Yes, I’m sure the subordinates are perfectly capable of doing the job as well, but still…

While some people enjoy the delights of a good life, citizens -Omni and others- are slaughtered, permanently… Amusing indeed.

Maybe it is about time others take up their responsibilities and at least try to make sure no innocent victims disappear from the surface of our planet for good. This is a matter that concerns all, Omni or not.

Marcos “Yarko” Orender
    Advisor to The Independent Rubikans

As Division 9 RSGE's Chief Investigator on these cases, I'm going to point out some facts to those who seem to think this is some grand conspiracy, and can't help but voice their opinions on it...

First off... Dave "Diamondcut" Duster was NOT killed with some piece of PK Weapon. He was brought back into the employ of Omni-Tek, and his insurance swapped. In the time between his old insurance being erased, and his new insurance going online, he was shot, and killed. One simple, ordinary bullet was what killed him, not some secret piece of Omni-Tek PK Tech... How do I know this? Well, I spoke with the man who pulled the trigger. I know who ordered him too, and who payed him to do it, and that is being investigated as well.

Secondly, if you don't like the way Omni-Tek conducts its investigations, or seeks justice, keep your babble to yourselves. You gave up the right to critisize when you either left Omni-Tek's Employ, or never had the right having never been an Employee... If you had the courage and sincere dedication to seek out what you believe is right, you'd realize that working within the system promotes more posative change, than trying to bring it down from the outside... which only goes to bolster my belief that those who cry foul the loudest don't stand by their convictions, but rather hide behind them, too afraid to see them through.

And lastly, why the order was given by Omni-Prime to reinstate Duster to Omni-Employ is also being looked into. It stinks of bribery, or something more, and will be discovered... in time.

Division 9 RSGE in accordance with InternOps is not closing the case on the PK Murder of Dave "Diamondcut" Duster, and will continue to sort through the double-crossings, and back-stabbings to find those guilty, and bring them to justice.

The case on the PK Murder of Makor Fyarr of InternOps will remain open as well, to allow any new information that comes to light to be reviewed, and inserted.

The bounty Division 9 RSGE had put on the late Mr. Duster has been paid to the man who brought him in, but not the bonus promised for bringing him in alive. That he forfeit when he shot him dead before we had the chance to question him.
    *Cuts to the cold static of an ended Grid-feed...*

Division 9 RSGE

The only right I never had the pleasure of Daetona is the right of OT to tell me what and what not to do. So, I’ll criticise whatever I feel like and whenever I feel like it, as is the right of every free citizen. And, as OT claims the right to investigate and seek justice all over the planet, I see it as my right to see that it is done well.

Besides, if everyone would take a moment of their precious time to give an explanation like you did, there might be less criticism or breeding grounds for conspiracy theories. But it seems you’re learning already, so keep up the good work.

I’m also pleased that at least one organisation is looking further into the matter. I wish you the best of luck with your investigation.

Marcos “Yarko” Orender
    Advisor to The Independent Rubikans

So the plot thickens as some may say. Its good to know what seems to be the truth for once, hardly in my 50 years working for Omni-Tek did I come across anyone who presented it. However you must know that nothing can change in Omni-Tek against what Omni Prime wants, period. If your promoting change within the system it will be stopped by the top if Omni Prime disagrees, period. A good example of this was the Miners Guild which became the Clans. However im not going to preach to you what the Clans are all about, that has probably be done many times in the past and we have chosen our affiliations.

I have to agree with you Daetona on Omni-Prime issue, more of what has been going on a long time, mysterious and sometimes deadly (evil) decisions. Dave was a friend of mine, we had our run ins back in the day, he was or I guess is a criminal unless hes been brainwashed or truly was killed, but still..a friend of sorts. So when I hear hes dead and no one denies it from Omni-Tek authorities whom arrested him the day before, it concerns me very much. We will have to see what "reinstated as an employee" really means for he could be "dead" in a sense. Time will tell...
    Gabro ,
    A Member of Lost Chapter
    Level 200 Bureaucrat RK1

The Diamondcut case was closed on our side when we knew who ordered him to be terminated and that it did not involve any criminal weaponry. However, since it involves Omni-Admin, we will not hand out any information about the case. Accept that it's officially closed. What happens inofficially remains to be seen and new information can be added to the file at any time - if anything new is found out.

The investigation in Omni-Prime ranks regarding the surprising re-employment of Diamondcut with Omni-Tek is being conducted by InternOps, so we will not interfer with it.

The Fyarr case is still open.
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol
    Level 207 Omni-Tek Dictator
    Meister's Reinforced Suit - Bureaucrats may be gimps, but at least we know how to look good.
    Account Created: 2001-06-27 23:07:32

As always, we at the Division are grateful to Omni-Pol for it's dilligence in dealing with such matters. In conjunction with Internal Operations, we however will be continuing to investigate into the activites of David Duster up to his demise, as well as the nature of that demise itself.

Also, I must respectfully disagree regarding Omni-Prime and orders. Unless specifically ordered by Prime to act/not act in a matter, autonomous control of ALL corporate activity on Rubi-Ka is left to the sole discretion of Director Ross and the Board. In other words, we are a self-governed world unless the parent steps in, and thus far Prime has been fairly quiet. Laos, Ross and the Board have, as per the usual, let us have our run of things within our own demense without hassle. That being said, Division 9 will continue to see justice on both cases and all related matters until such time an agent of either the Board of Directors or Omni-Prime specifically requests otherwise.

On the issue of Duster's "re-instation": At this time there is no publicly avaiable data on the matter. Should we have anything to add in the future, we will, suffice it to say, the Division will pursue this matter to its utmost end. The company does indeed employ former criminals in its services, but I would think given his history they would not easily be so willing to employ Mr. Duster. While I cannot officially comment on the decision, personally I can say that I intend to find out who was behind it, and do whatever I can see see the guilty, on whatever side they may be on, pay for their crimes.
    General Hershel "Kasimir" Jurik

President of Division 9 R.S.G.E

Fixer
    RK-1

Braumiester of the Pagan Bartenders, wielder of dual SSo8s

Stealer of hearts, creds, and anything not nailed down!

The irony of everyone seeking 'justice' for a criminal like Diamondcut while legitimate employees like Major Fyarr of InternOps are ignored is appalling. Note that Omni-Tek is under no obligation to answer what had happened. With that matter set aside, Omni-Admin will join in looking into the incident. Part of the investigation will be if the pardon was obtained legitimately and how the gas failure took place.

In a society governed where pratically everything is run by technology, that technology is not absoloutely infallible. The chances of it occuring are slim but it has failed on occasion in the past. The insurance system was found to not be at fault, there are no plans to pursue any actions in that area. The accident will be focusing to find the cause of the gas failure and hopefully prevent any such incidents from happening in the future.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Oh rest assured the Fyarr case is still open and we will be working on it as well. I knew Mr. Jones personally and worked together with him closely for several months the last time Duster caused trouble, so I have a personal stake in that case. Both murders raise serious issues though Charles, and I intend to make sure both are solved.

Fixer
    RK-1

Yes we are still looking into this case and we are not going to close it till Omni-admin tell's us to

---------------------------

If you have any Furtur Statements, Or If you seen this incident or you know who did it or you got more Information.... Please Contact Omni-Pol A.S.A.P. and we will look into the new Info you give us and we will work on bringing the Assasin to Justice!
    Daily Missions Bug Thread(Closed)

Aliantin - 206 Bureaucrat Retired Squad Commander of DeltaSquad
    Jetfix - 107 Fixer Retired DeltaSquad
    Aliannt - 145 Nano-Technician Retired

Originally posted by Blueraider
    Yes we are still looking into this case and we are not going to close it till Omni-admin tell's us to

---------------------------

If you have any Furtur Statements, Or If you seen this incident or you know who did it or you got more Information.... Please Contact Omni-Pol A.S.A.P. and we will look into the new Info you give us and we will work on bringing the Assasin to Justice!
    With being told by Meister we closed it
    Daily Missions Bug Thread(Closed)

Aliantin - 206 Bureaucrat Retired Squad Commander of DeltaSquad
    Jetfix - 107 Fixer Retired DeltaSquad
    Aliannt - 145 Nano-Technician Retired

I must admit I don't really feel anything for this Major Fyarr soon as I never met him and if we did, it probably wouldn't have been on the "best" terms in my opinion. I think it's the responsibility for those who knew him and of his faction to seek his justice for him, hopefully this is being done through keeping the cases open.

Gas failure has been going on for many years now and is caused by mainly two things. Sometimes hardware breaks down and can be repaired or improved on. Then at other times gas failure occurs (usually when something of importance is going on) through sabotage...
    Gabro ,
    A Member of Lost Chapter
    Level 200 Bureaucrat RK1

Originally posted by Gabro
    Gas failure has been going on for many years now and is caused by mainly two things. Sometimes hardware breaks down and can be repaired or improved on. Then at other times gas failure occurs (usually when something of importance is going on) through sabotage...
    Isn't it...but since the ICC control gas levels and as such the hardware, I guess we need an ICC spokesman to check over the hardware and double check it for us.

Originally posted by Kithrak
    The irony of everyone seeking 'justice' for a criminal like Diamondcut while legitimate employees like Major Fyarr of InternOps are ignored is appalling.
    And I totally agree. It is just that some of us believe there should be equality in justice. Not just a justice for some, and the "we don't care" attitude for others. Many of the people who are looking at both crimes, find too many remarkable things. Both Perma-dead for example. This is all too su****ious to be just ignored.

And Mr Daetona, I would ask you to please go back to your investigation and look at the current evidence on the table again. It might seem you have missed a few things ((OOC, gimme a tell if you really need some info from an alternative angle, or ask Kithrak)).

I am a great believer in justice. The law hmm, thats another matter but justice, yes. And as such I beleive on both of these murders no justice what so ever has even come close to being found.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

In the end, Diamondcut has paid for the death of Major Fyarr with his own life. A fair trade.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

*Does Strong1*
    Explain please
    Im Not Morbid, might just have a bad sense of Humor
    Dont we look Cute?

Originally posted by Charles
    In the end, Diamondcut has paid for the death of Major Fyarr with his own life. A fair trade.
    Does this mean that the 500 Billion creds which was deposited to OT will now be refunded since the trade wasn't completed fairly?

*chuckles* I know a good home of the olden leets that could use it
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Originally posted by Charles
    I wish it were that simple Charles..Duster was a lot more then a killer. He was the head of a massive criminal network that spanned all sides of the conflict and had its tendrils in bloody near everything. I doubt now that he's dead that it will just go away. Someone had to take over for him, and we don't know who, or what their motivations might be.

As for the gas and all..yes gas failures happen all the time..but a gas failure coupled with an insurance profile failure that both affect the same person at the same time? I'm lousy with numbers, so someone else work the odds on that our for me. But I doubt it's all that common.

We may contact the ICC, but I suspect anyone that does will just get stonewalled.

Fixer
    RK-1

So, who killed the citizen and what happened?
    Characters on Atlantean
    Main Character: Ardoyt Former Rubi-Ka Citizen and Former Omni-Admin Employee
    Characters on Rimor
    Deleted
    Anarchy Online Related Stuff
    Former AO Stratics News and "The Community Says" Reporter
    The Death of Ardoyt

Post Mortum

Well, here goes.

I had my dealings with Triple D, some public, some not so public. He was a pain to me in '75 and '76 with all the damn crap he pulled with doublecrossing deals between clan, omni and neutral citizens and organizations. However this year (29477) he was actually useful by providing me with names of 'contacts' from all factions for hazardous assignments which I could not give out to my people.

Dave was good company when he was drunk, and better when he was getting paid, he loved money more than his own mother.

If he didn't have anything you were looking for, he was very likely to know someone who did have it or know how to 'acquire' what you were looking for. He was a smuggler, a liar and a thief, but in the end...he was leaning toward the clan cause, in his own self-serving profitable ways.

Had he died last year or the year before I wouldn't have givin a leet's ass about his demise...but now...

Dave, I'll miss the wicked ways you smiled and looked at me trying to figure out if you could double or triple your price for something I really needed...or offer me a 'deal' in exchange for a favor which you usually called on a few weeks after, at the most inconvenient time possible.

I remember the last time we spoke in the Old Athen, me hiding in the shadows trying not to be seen with you while trying to get you to help me with a problem for a reasonable price....while you were laughing and trying to hook up with a sexy opifex girl who loved bad boys...

You'll be missed, you were one of my best sources...damn...

See you later, unless you see me first.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234