Thread: Why are new nano's not sold in stores?

Why are new nano's not sold in stores?

Yes yes, I know this sounds like a newbie question but hear me out. There are so many things wrong with this method. First of all, you CANNOT claim a class is fixed if half of the spells for the class are not to be found anywhere except in the hands of greedy people who think they can sell a rare nano for 100k+. Nano-Technicians are NOT fixed because you gave them a crappy HP/AC buff that no one ever has. I think my NT has the lowest level one, only by pure luck (level 61). This is not a good way to balance the professions! Second, as you probably read, everyone thinks they are incredibly rare (which they, for the most part, are). This means that "Bob, the level 17 trader" thinks he can sell the ammo summon nano for 70,000 credits. Unfortunately for most fixers that level, there will be someone willing to pay that price. You DO NOT FIX THINGS BY ADDING STUFF NOBODY EVER GETS!!!!! My suggestion is one of two things.
    1. Put every nanoformula in every shop and let the instruction disks spawn on monsters. This will make it much easier for people to obtain, and boost nano creation tradeskills (of which I've never seen used).
    2. Put all the new added nano-formula's on a seperate vendor, such as in the car shops. This would make it a journey to obtain the new nano formulas, while still making them accesible to the large majority of the population.
    I fear that many poor bueracrats will quit the game when the next patch claims to "fix" them by adding many many new formulas they will never have acess to.
    All in all, making the new formulas hard to get is good in theory, but in practice it only makes for wasted data space. This problem needs to be solved.

The main point of those new formulas not being available in stores are to boost tradeskills and give the player-to-player trading another boost.

As for instruction disks, they DO drop from monsters, all the time.

Eventually, these methods will turn more frequently, as well as the crystals more common.

It's not a perfect method by far, but better than many. It will get better, believe it or not
    Pilker, OmniTek Fixer and Happy Traveller.

Root and Run - It's a way of life.

Angry No they don't.

I just did two missions. Big ones. Took me several hours. On those missions I got one... ONE instruction disc. That's not what I call all the time. Some nanos seems impossible to find. And that's just downright annoying.

They should at least have the discs show up as mission awards, or even sell them. If promoting trade skills was what they wanted that would be more then enough.

Angry greedy mofos

dunno if anyone saw my post, but im a 40ish NT looking for the enfraams line. Someone approached me to by enfraams lesser off of them. Ok, so this is a lvl 30-40ish nano, and if bought in a store would mean its around 30k. Someone who reponded to my posting gets as much as 900k for this nano. IM LEVEL 40!!! where can i get 900k in credits except off ebay? its ludicrous. he mentioned that he knew this was crazy, and hed settle for 400k. settle? c'mon. fine, you dont want to sell them in stores, thats ok. I can understand that. make people group and trade with each other more. awesome. but... please make the supply meet the demand so that a nano isnt affordable when its useless. by the time i can afford it, i wont need it. does anyone understand this point? i suppose im preaching to the choir. tho i hope FC hears me too....

-eek

900k ???

I found a few.. sold two for 40k and one for 50k. I don't run missions for free, but more then 100k for the lowest one is way too much.

Unhappy

Yes, 400k is way too much for a QL40 nano. That's 10,000 credits per QL.

How many credits are you willing to pay for a nano that is player made only? Are you willing to pay 100cr per QL? 1000cr per QL?

Remember that to make a nanocrystal at QL40, the craftsperson is going to invest nearly 500k just for the reuseable tools. Figure another 4 to 5k for the consumables. How much of that cost are you willing to recoup?

The problem is not lack of supply. I have bags full of instruction disks and carbonrich ore.

The problem is lack of demand. People have been playing their characters just fine without these new nanos or weapons. So why should they buy them now? The sole motivation to buy these new toys is to experiment with them. Not many people experiment or explore in this game. The vast majority let other people do that stuff. Now consider that you just invested half-a-miliion credits making a nano that maybe two people want to buy. When you do get a buyer, how much of your investment do you try to recoup?

Do you have Summon Grid Armor? If so I am VERY interested. I'll even buy just the instruction disc so you don't have to make it. It's ql 60 btw.

New nanos

By putting instruction disks on monsters, I meant instruction disks for the new nanos. I've sifted through a virtual sea of instruction disks for store-bought nano's and yet, I have yet to EVER see a single non store-bought instruction disk.

The main point of those new formulas not being available in stores are to boost tradeskills and give the player-to-player trading another boost.

As for instruction disks, they DO drop from monsters, all the time.

Eventually, these methods will turn more frequently, as well as the crystals more common.

It's not a perfect method by far, but better than many. It will get better, believe it or not
    You missed the point entirely I'm afraid. I did not say the current method will not work, I said it will not work well ENOUGH! Think about this, first they go through the NT class, adding many new things they consider to balance the class. They then declare this class for lack of a better word, "fixed", thus moving on to a different profession. For example, the enfraam's line gives a desireable, albiet tiny, boost to hp and ac's which should help out NT's a bit. However, of the dozens of NT's I've surveyed, only those above 100 seem to consistently have the up to date version of this line consistent to their level. This is most likely because they have a lot of money and will be willing to pay a ridiculous amount for the one nano they are missing. While the situation will get better, and people will stop asking stupifying amounts for QL 40 nano's, I doubt this "fixes" any profession. And while the current situation is not impossible, more work needs to be put into the way these new formula's spawn.

I'm a little confused by the inability to obtain the enfraam's line (fortress, etc.) of nanos. They've been showing up regularly for me as mission rewards (levels 50-55, or so). Guess I better run some of those missions.

The 900k price is insane, especially since the so-called "fix" to mission distances that halved the money earned on missions. Just wait, the supply will increase as people pull up those missions and get them. You should also consider requesting them over the shopping channel. It sends a signal that there is a market for an item. I only spam the shopping channel with items that I think sell. The rest goes immediately to the store once I return from missions.
    Txxx
    Clan Fixer
    Rubi-Ka 2

depends on your profession

they dont show up as mission rewards if youre an NT, Ive never seen any nanos besides the good ol DD nanos show up for my NT. And after i boost my MC, the nanos i need are in missions i cant even dream of doing.

This means I have to rely on the auction system. I usually try to bid during non-peak hours, so the auctions dont go crazy. Reently i was able to score enfraams lesser fo 40k and efraams fort for 60k, which isnt too bad... Considering my earlier post.

Troll me out here folks

I agree these new nanos SHOULD be sold in the stores, and wasted DATA space thats a bad thing to!!!!

Funcom what were you thinking about!?

enfraams line

Are really common. I do not think they are Boss only loot. You can get them as mission loot. Try getting a copy of click saver so you can mission for them.