Thread: Lost items due to server reset..

Lost items due to server reset..

This is technically a bug, I suppose, but Advisor Epim told me to write this here, as well as sending an email to the bug team, in hopes that my items can be retrieved.

She asked that I provide all the information I could in hope that you can restore my armor that was lost when the Baboon's server reset tonight. All the patrons were reset, so I know that it was your server, and not my isp. I petitioned at 3:45:21, but not sure of the exact time of the reset, only that it was not very long before that time. It took me a few minutes to realize that my armor was not on me.

My guild parties in Baboon's on Sunday nights, and I have lots
    of outfits that I like to change into, several of those being
    social armor which requires that I remove all my other armor. I
    had put my armor, all of it including shouder pads and rings and
    braclets, into a pack.. my helmet was in another pack.. the one
    where I keep my sunglasses.. cause I take it off when I'm just
    running from place to place and switch it with my glasses. The
    party had broken up and I was talking with some friends. I
    changed out of my social armor and tucked it into my party
    clothes pack, and put all my real armor on, including switching
    into my helmet. I had planned to do a mission before going to
    bed. Instead.. the baboons server reset.

When I got back online, I didn't notice anything was wrong at
    first. Then I switched views to 3rd person, and realized that
    I was back in my social armor and sunglasses. So, I opened my
    pack to put my armor back on, thinking that it had set us back
    to a previous server save. My armor was not there. Another
    pair of sunglasses was in my helmet pack, and another social
    armor was in my party clothes pack, exactly as I had put them
    when I dressed before the reset, and I was wearing a pair of
    sunglasses and the exact same social armor.

So, I zoned.. nothing.. I rebooted... nothing. I need my armor.
    I am nothing without my armor. I can't hunt. I can't do
    anything to even replace what I had. Please, can you find a way
    to help me. Can you reset me to a previous time or something?
    I can't function with no armor and this was not my fault. Your
    saves must be separate.. packs from body, and the body had not
    saved after I changed, but the packs had. I love this character
    because I can solo and play even though I have to be afk alot.
    Please, please find a way to prove that this really did happen
    to me and find a way to replace what I lost. I want to play.

Thank you,
    Khissi, 60 Solitus Doctor on Rubi-Ka 1

Mine name is Osiis a Lvl112 trader on RK1.

Two days ago I lost 8 bags from my inventory.

I died while in a team. When I was at reclaim grabbing my items I crashed. When I logged back in everything I had grabbed from reclaim was now missing.

Which was 8 bags and my 2 sets of ammo.

Inside those bags where my set of QL200 NCU, QL200 Flowers Set, Vektor Dragon, Krutt Queen Special, etc.

So am I pissed? Very much so.

To make it even worse the GM Lucien, who answered my petition and was 0 help.

Since this time I have talked to 2 ARKS Middlewold and Lacrymal. Lacrymal was at least helpful.

I have heard lately MANY people are having this type of problem with items disappearing more than normal.

Also I petition daily and FC no longer answers my in game petitions. I emailed them and have yet to receive a response to my problem.

Well another user who has canceled their subscription to a game I actually enjoyed. But if this is the type of support I am paying for then I would rather not pay.

Also to ARK Hwap who I ran into along with GM Ashmal. Another user was at reclaim having bag problems. GM Ashmal took a completely different approach to this users prblems than Lucien had with me. I asked him why do GMs have different responses to similiar problems. ARK Hwap replied because that user was being nice.

As far as I know me and the other user pay the same monthly fee. So I should be entitled to the same support as every other person regardless of my attitude. No where in the EULA does it state customers will be treated accordingly due to their behavior.

Anyways

GG WTG FC

Exclamation

It seems that your character is not saved, until you either zone, or properly log out. If the server crashes, it reverts to the last saved version of your character, anything that you have gotten in the meantime will be lost, since your character has not been saved. Anytime you trade something, ZONE. Anytime you change your clothes, ZONE. Yes that is a very annoying solution, and it really should not be necessary, but until Funcom fixes this, there is nothing more we can do.

Also Khissi, I know for a fact that GM's have tools to see what items you have previously had. A friend of mine lost her armor in a situation identical to yours, heh we were even in Baboons. When a GM finally came, he was showing her references for items that she had in the past, until he showed her the item that she lost. Once he showed her the right item, he gave it to her. So don't let them tell you that they can't replace the item, because they can.
    Last edited by Rak; Mar 4th, 2002 at 23:08:41.

Angry My Yalm, and Lucien

Uhm... so Lucien is the guy that "helped" me when I lost my Yalm. I now wonder if he even looked into my problem. There have been several mentions of him not really helping people out, and now I'm thinking I should re-petition.

Can someone from Funcom explain how items are logged? I've heard everything from "all items are logged" which is clearly crap, to "all NO DROP items are logged"... to what seems like "sometimes we log stuff... othertimes ... well... we don't" -- which is basically what I got from Lucien.

"The logs aren't very good"

Can we get some clarity here?

I'm still out a plane, damn it.

-p

well they probably dont have the ressources to give back lost items... it would require alot of looking thru logs and then spawning the items.. and off course the log all items.. its server stored.

If they could do it any easy way i bet they did !!

Wonder why they dont just say "NO we dont reimburse lost items" right away when getting a "i lost my stuff" petition.

i think this dude has the answer

ZONE ! I will do this all the time now when trading important stuff. My friend and I lost a full set of 80ish elite 2 days ago who OMNI ent crashed. If only we had zoned. Oh well. Besides, if they gave everyone there stuff back they would spend all day answering petitions about getting there stuff back.

Angry Zoneing doesn't work!

I lost 6 bags of stuff just a few days ago. One Instance in a long string of having FUCom **** my characters. No they will not replace it!! Because they don't have a clue what the terms "Customer Service" or "Customer Satisfaction" mean at all. And they won't "get a clue" until they are put out of business by a competing product. I can hardly wait for Star Wars Galaxies to arrive. I certainly won't think twice about Leaving them and will probably be driven to quit before my current subscription ends.

That same night in Omni-Ent, a new friend of mine lost 2.5 million credits worth of elite armor and nanos, specifically a full Q89 set of elite armor, and 2 nano cyrstals - essence of behemeth, and challenger to behemeth, as well as a very hard to find Q51 bracer of growing flesh. He logged on his alt who had the items and handed the bag to me to give to his main character. He logged on his new character, who I handed the bag to, and the server crashed.

I could tell it was a time-warp because when I logged back on the guys in my guild were exclaming "WTF??? I'm back in Lush?" where they had been 15 minutes before zoning into ent. Of course my friend's back pack was gone, not in my inventory or bank, and not in his on either of his characters.

I sent a VERY angry petition to FC, because I had just lost my Q200 beam 2 weeks earlier, and they told me at that time that there was nothing they could do about it, so I knew that would be their response again. My friend no longer trusts this game, and won't play. He will more than likely cancel his account, and I can't blame him. I spend most of my time playing it safe now, I only do transfers next to a save terminal and save right before and right after each transaction.

I don't trust Funcom, and I don't trust this game. My toon is a paranoid nervous wreck, always saving and relogging and running back to the first room of the mission whenever there is the slightest lag spike or freeze. I take extra precautions, I do only easy missions in case the server insta-crashes and I return to a mission full of mobs that I already killed. The beauty of that one is you have no map so no way to know where the exit is...

Anyway I'm no longer angry, just neurotic... You know, it wouldn't kill FC to show a little more kindness and compensate all of us for this lost items, I think we really deserve it considering all the frustration they have caused with their multitude of glitches and problems. If they actually cared about their customers, this would be the least they could do to prove it.