Thread: Red Tape of Omni-Omni Admin seeks Peace with Borpac but is Unwilling to Negotiate

Red Tape of Omni-Omni Admin seeks Peace with Borpac but is Unwilling to Negotiate

Members of the Nanomage Liberation Front have started an information campaign in Omni-Tek held areas of Rubi-Ka in a peaceful attempt to end the threat against Nanomage People. We have been harrassed and threatened in our efforts but our own safety is of less concern than our goals of a Rubi-Ka forever, and Nanomages Forever.

When General Zargin, Commander Galius, and Merijynn entered Omni-1 Entertainment district today they brought with them nothing but information. Before they even set up thier signs and beginning to speak our abou the plight of our people they were arrested and expelled from the city forcefully. Immediatly after this I recieved a communication from Commander Galius stating that a high ranking Omni-Tek official would like to have a meeting with me.

President Kithrak of Red Tape of Omni Admin came with his lackies Shuldrich and Collaps to meet with Me, my Generals and a few fellow Borpact representitives of Desert Winds. I must say, that even thier meeting me was impressive. After a long year of struggle of being ignored, and being hushed by all powers that be I was impressed that they came down to Borealis to talk with us.

It became clear after some initial discussions that we had some common ground. Kithrak is a Nanomage, as is Collaps, and he is concerned with his own well being. Kithrak let me know that he is researching personally an answere to the problem of Notum depretiation and Nanomages. This is no surprise really, but to let me know that this is the case means that the problem must be more serious than even I imagined. Omni-Tek has always ludicrusly claimed that the Notum will last forever and that no depletion takes place. Of course we all know that nothing is infinate, and that the Nanomage people are tied to the limited resource of Notum on Rubi-Ka. But this revelation that Omni-Tek is beginning to admit that the notum supply is dwindling, with the clans at OTRK's doorstep, I think there is a changing wind in the air.

Unfortunatly even though the Borpact alliance was willing to negotiate a cease fire for the benifit of Rubi-Ka Kithrak was unwilling to even explore if our demands were achievable. Our demands were as followes

1. To meet with all the heads of the major OTRK departments and Organizations to state our concerns. This was replied with the claim that not Kithrak or anyone had the power to call such a meeting.

2. To begin an indipendant study of the problems of Notum Mining with respect to it's effect on the Nanomage people and Rubi-Ka. this would need to be done with full oversight of the Borpact and a neutral third party (Neutral as in not a party to the dispute). Thier response was that while Omni-Tek was at war with the Clans Omni-Tek can't afford to do any research into this matter.

3. To petition Philip Ross to make a statement about Omni-Tek Rubi-Ka's efforts to ensure the future of the Nanomage People. We know that Mr. Ross is under many outside pressures so we only stated taht for our cease fire that Kithrak pubicly petition Philip Ross to halt the fighting, not to actually have Philip Ross actually speak. We are seeking to change how the departments within Omni-Tek view our dispute and we want to see some action from them to change. Thier response was to say that because Philip Ross would never make any such statement it was worthless to try.

Now clearly we are being reasonable, why would Omni-Tek not wish to deal with us if Rubi-Ka's future were truely in it's best interest? Because the need for short term profits is all Omni-Tek is after at this point. The lease is almost up, so why spend any money or effort to improve the situation? I'll tell you why, the Clans are comming Omni-Tek, don't fight a two front war when we could be working together for the future of Rubi-Ka.
    Aazamon General of the Nanomage Liberation Front

28973 The first Homo Nano is born in an Omni-Tek laboratory. The inclusion of trace notum into the DNA sequencing of Nano foetuses means that this breed is able to live only on Rubi-Ka.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

The Nanomage Liberation Front

1. To meet with all the heads of the major OTRK departments and Organizations to state our concerns. This was replied with the claim that not Kithrak or anyone had the power to call such a meeting.

2. To begin an indipendant study of the problems of Notum Mining with respect to it's effect on the Nanomage people and Rubi-Ka. this would need to be done with full oversight of the Borpact and a neutral third party (Neutral as in not a party to the dispute). Thier response was that while Omni-Tek was at war with the Clans Omni-Tek can't afford to do any research into this matter.

3. To petition Philip Ross to make a statement about Omni-Tek Rubi-Ka's efforts to ensure the future of the Nanomage People. We know that Mr. Ross is under many outside pressures so we only stated taht for our cease fire that Kithrak pubicly petition Philip Ross to halt the fighting, not to actually have Philip Ross actually speak. We are seeking to change how the departments within Omni-Tek view our dispute and we want to see some action from them to change. Thier response was to say that because Philip Ross would never make any such statement it was worthless to try.
    What my department had said during the meeting is being misquoted here. Our department was not aware that we were seeking to establish relations with the Borpac during the meeting. I came with the impression that I was to hear your side out for further evaluation and was not authorized to negotiate on behalf of Omni-Tek. I was told before arriving that the NLF did not request proper permits to assemble and were spouting lines implying that Omni-Tek is evil and generally disturbing the peace. Was it any surprise that they were told to leave the city?

In response to the first demand, I have said that no one within Omni-Tek that is willing to hear the NLF out has the authority to call for such a gathering at this time. I am a lesser department leader (sub-department of Omni-Admin) and lack the authority. That is not to say I cannot be promoted and given more authority at a later date.

Secondly, it was never said that Omni-Tek is at war with the Clans. Officially, short of Phillip Ross announceing that we are at war, there is no war 'at this time'. And Omni-Tek is not pursueing research into the area 'at this time'(I never said it was anything pernament.) not because the company cannot afford to but those in charge of dispensing funds for research feel that there are more pressing issues, such as corporate security. When those issues are no longer as immediate, the resources can then be reassigned to other areas. I have voiced reasonable confidence that such a request's outcome would be favorable if that is the case.

Lastly, none of the Omni-Admin representatives present have said that it was worthless to try to talk to Ross. We made it clear that Phillip Ross is a very busy man and talks to few even within the company. Given the reputation of the NLF and its willingness to use force it isn't entirely unreasonable to tell you in advance that since your group is not ready to make any comittments to aid the company the company likewise is not ready to announce that it will comit as well.

Borpac will need to prove itself more willing to work with Omni-Tek and less ready to resort to violence.
    Last edited by Kithrak; Jun 3rd, 2003 at 09:46:43.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

And because of Omni-Tek's mass of bureaucratic "Red Tape" the conflict between Borpac and OTRK will continue. We seek solutions but if all you can provide are reasons why OTRK is not willing or can not come to the table no solution will avail itself. I have put my cards on the table and you offer nothing. Maybe you need to be shown the profit of peaceful negotiations. You will hear from me.

28973 The first Homo Nano is born in an Omni-Tek laboratory. The inclusion of trace notum into the DNA sequencing of Nano foetuses means that this breed is able to live only on Rubi-Ka.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

Angry

Peace could be gained if you join the Borpac and stop mining.

Perhpas, clanners and omni-tek could stop fighting each others in order to save the Nanomages if it could be possible...

Time has passed and we have to act now !

I doesn't matter how much "notum" is harvested if for you, lifes of human beings doesn't count for you.

Try to help rescue this gender.

TILL ALL ARE FREE !

Omerr

(Unit Commander of Nanomage Liberation Front Conservatory)
    You need to improve or hack your weapons, I am here there to help you...
    You want something I could afford,
    I am there to help you... You want to continue extract notum, I am also there but not for the same reason...
    This could save your life !

Omerr (Atrox Trader on Atlantean)
    Weapon smither !
    Nanomage Liberation Front

The fact remains that in light of prior BORPAC actions taken against Omni-Tek interests the NLF and their cohorts have given the company little if any indication of good will in the matter of possible negociations. Notum mining/export is the lifeblood of Omni-Tek and as such striking against notum mining/export facilities and equipment is taking action against the company itself.

Originally posted by Shuldrich
    The fact remains that in light of prior BORPAC actions taken against Omni-Tek interests the NLF and their cohorts have given the company little if any indication of good will in the matter of possible negociations. Notum mining/export is the lifeblood of Omni-Tek and as such striking against notum mining/export facilities and equipment is taking action against the company itself.
    Notum in a very real way is the life blood of the Nanomage people, exporting it off planet is taking action against the Nanomage people themselves. Both Omni-Tek and the Clans have continued to wage war on our people whether through ignorance or blind greed. If you continue to create excuses as to why you can't listen to our concerns then we will be forced to make you listen.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting