Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: why I don't pvp anymore

why I don't pvp anymore

BTW this is Giventofly i cant seem to get the name to change :/

anyways I am a lvl 150 omni meta with rookie status, i have pvp'ed since release with various characters and got alot of kills and deaths. I havent gone to a political zone with the intention of fighting in a VERY long time, why?

-Main reason, crits, i have 4.7k Ac And fairly high evades (600self buffed) and i get critted for 40% of my health 90% of the time when i am fighting gun classes.

-rooted pets, now this is more a class specific whine.. only 1 or 2 times has my pet actually hit someone or killed them, with a simple lvl 30 root that lvl 190 caco demon is out of the picture for 5 minutes.

-Zoning, somtimes because i have a heal pet, i can survive some crits and actually get to hurting my opponent, in which case they promptly zone, or do a grid cast or run away, rendering any attack useless of mine.

-Ganking, example i stand in the 25% zone in MMD and wait for someone to enter, i am in clear view, so someone around 125 will sneak in, i send pet and i get jumped by 4 people all of a sudden (dragonfly) now this isnt so bad, because it is war and i expect it, but it sure isnt fun :/

nother example i was in MMD buffed and ready to fight snarf (ready to die to snarf) and i was standing in the 25% for a long time /pointfor'ing at him until he noticed me, then he did, he runs in we start to do our stuff, and "player drkrawn hit u for 1300 points of dimach damage.." well that was fun.

-Time, basically if i go to 2ho or MMD i can spend like 2 hours and not engage in combat. either the people won't fight me, or one of the above happens.

and lastly twinks, mostly traders, all the above were problems i encountered with my high lvl characters. but also at lower lvls you get trader twinks, they take advantage of the fact that no one wants to raise duck exp (because it is only really usefull in pvp and is expensive to raise for most) and they deprive you, crit 3 x and your dead, lather, rinse repeat. If i see another lvl 20-60 trader with rookie/apprentice title im gonna puke.

basically pvp is no fun whatsoever for me, i don't want to be a greifer and kill ppl in mort (not that i can ever find anyone there) id like to just have a fight with someone and win or lose, maybe im reading the design of the game and pvp in general wrong.

bump

yeah its stupid that a simple root can neutralize a ql 180 pet for 5 minutes. Or that someone can just zone to kill the pet!

or that if you die my mongo will aggro your pets on me.........
    Suupaslap Master 10th Dan--Rk2
    Smugglerguy Ickle baby fixer--Rk2

Re: bump

Originally posted by Vandame
    yeah its stupid that a simple root can neutralize a ql 180 pet for 5 minutes. Or that someone can just zone to kill the pet!
    LOL, as if I am ever going to be able to tank a demon, and on top of it get nuked by an MP + shot at with a shotgun, + the MP gets constantly healed by his pet + get MC debuffed or even worse, nano shutdowned.... LOL, without the possiblity to root pets for a few min, the MP would be so uber in pvp, you wouldnt even know it before the MPs were hit very hard with the nerf stick...

But I do agree with most of the original posters points, but I am afraid that it is very hard for FC to do anything about it.
    NT phone HOME!!

Rooting pet is perfectly ok.
    It translates in : pet professions have a disadvantage vs. rooting professions. You must have played paper-scissors games before, you know what I am talking about.

As for sitting in 25% zone waiting for a faire fight... what can I say.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

You are right ofcource garzu, but there should atlest be a chance for the pet to resist the root. That way you would have to spend time rerooting the pet gving it atleast some purpose in pvp.

i send pet and i get jumped by 4 people all of a sudden (dragonfly)

lol i dont remember ganking you but then again i've ganked alot of ppl.

Originally posted by SuupaSayen
    or that if you die my mongo will aggro your pets on me.........
    It's stupid that pet don't die when the owner die.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

yeah it was only the one time dragon, i was in MMD with sodie and eagon pounding me, i was pretty much toast, you waited of course, until i was under attack THEN u ran in. in the confusion of everything i forget to send the demon on anyone, and i just had time before i died to send him on you and watch you running off into the distance with an angry demon on your ass : )

Originally posted by Vandame
    You are right ofcource garzu, but there should atlest be a chance for the pet to resist the root. That way you would have to spend time rerooting the pet gving it atleast some purpose in pvp.
    Yes, they do have a very big chance of resist... to root a slayer is very hard.... MP pets should as it is now, be easier to root, demons do occationaly resist, but not often, and I think that is a very good thing.
    NT phone HOME!!

Don't worry about MP's pets

Pets are gonna be 110% useless vs a trader after the overerquiping changes.

(Trader ransacks, you wait to die because your pets shut down, your gun hits for 1/4 damage, and you are rooted too)

lol

Yeah and all that by a frikking MERCHANT!
    A fat bald ass trader, skilled in the art of bartery and bargening (?) can totally rule the battlefield.

Garzu?

<quote start>

Yes, they do have a very big chance of resist... to root a slayer is very hard.... MP pets should as it is now, be easier to root, demons do occationaly resist, but not often, and I think that is a very good thing.

<quote ends>

My slayer (or any other pet) has NEVER, EVER, resisted a single root. I have come to conclusion that Slayer has about 0 Nano Resist.

While on the subject of roots, it should drop _soon_ after caster is dead. To keep them still useful tactics in group PvP I would suggest that any root/slow would drop 20s after caster has died (if duration would be longer otherways).

This is especially problem now in missions when I spend most of my time doing the mission waiting for the root (or god forbid 15 min slow!) to break off... and yes, the monster which casted has been dead loooong already.

Zarch and da chars between 5 and 142

This is the exact reason I quit pvp and then one month later the game. I hit lvl 138 back in November and found this very true. The real underlying problem here is that NANO RESIST is BROKEN. Not just for pets, but totally. Yes - I agree - Cacodemon, Demon, Fiend, Lemur, even meatballs should have a chance to resist roots.

This game is NOTHING like paper, rock, scissors.

Ok, if we MP's are the "paper" and the rooting classes are the "scissors" lets take a look at the "rock" classes.

Soldier - unkillable most of the time...I'll pass...

Doctors - unkillable most of the time...I'll pass...

Adventurers - has flashbacks of doc encounters, but this isnt so bad.

Engineers - hardly a "rock" class, more like "paper" vs. "paper"

Enforcer - "paper" vs. "paper" probably.

Martial Artist - Crunchy on the outside, moist and chewy on the inside.

(just joking, with the new MA damage I dont know how it is 1v1 anymore)

You need a nice gun, Chik.

Aye, MP's suck at high level pvp... tis the price you pay for playing an uber PvE pet class, its this way in all games...pets are great just not reliable for pvp and when you depend on them for 90% of your damage well its just a futile effort...sure you can win some fights but 9 times out of 10 if your faced with a rooter your gonna die, and 10 times out of 10 if your faced with a doc or a soldier your gonna die lol.

I get the impression that rooters rule PvP. I've gotten killed by Agents and NTs more than all other professions combined. Doesn't even make sense to PvP unless you can root.

Soldiers are powerful in PvP, but I don't think they're overpowered. The only thing that makes them so good in PvP is their TMS, and I don't think that should be changed.

Doctors are only good in PvP until Funcom changes the PvP rules again. Then I'll guarantee you that they'll suck in PvP.

The reason anyone gets ganked in Meetmedere is because they think they're so good that they can just stand around in the 25% zone and take on anyone.

Re: Garzu?

Originally posted by Zarch
    <quote start>

<quote ends>

My slayer (or any other pet) has NEVER, EVER, resisted a single root. I have come to conclusion that Slayer has about 0 Nano Resist.

While on the subject of roots, it should drop _soon_ after caster is dead. To keep them still useful tactics in group PvP I would suggest that any root/slow would drop 20s after caster has died (if duration would be longer otherways).

This is especially problem now in missions when I spend most of my time doing the mission waiting for the root (or god forbid 15 min slow!) to break off... and yes, the monster which casted has been dead loooong already.

Zarch and da chars between 5 and 142
    Im not going to be very firm on this, I have not fought many Engineers.... But, a few I have had. I remember specially the one big fight in Stret West between TDC and Storm (more clanners came later), I was attacked by the "Idiot Savant", you all know this one dont you? Most famous slayer in the game if you ask me. Anyway, I had BIG problems with rooting it, I used aobut 5-6 roots before it landed successfully, I will never forget the sweat and fear I felt when I constantly saw it resisted, and my health bar was going down quickly... =P

I can to a certain degree agree that the eng pet should be more difficult to root than the other pets, MP pets should not be a problem at all for an NT with over 800 TM and close to 950 MC.
    NT phone HOME!!

I can to a certain degree agree that the eng pet should be more difficult to root than the other pets, MP pets should not be a problem at all for an NT with over 800 TM and close to 950 MC.
    Why should it be easier to root a lvl 200 MP pet than a even lvl slayer?

btw Garzu, maybe you should add that NTs have HF and better crunch than MPs in your sig, so NTs are able to use thier nukes longer before out of nano and for that they do more damage over time.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Angry Gankers

CHiK, you're right, getting ganked is no fun. I avoid those areas too because invariably some cheap SOB will hide, blast me with their uber-twinked ranged weapon to death in 3 shots and rob me of xp. Gankers have no sportsmanship whatsoever, I completely disrespect them.

(Can you tell I'm pissed 'cause I was recently ganked and lost 50K???) :P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast