Thread: MA and PVP? Can they?

Question MA and PVP? Can they?

Hi,
    I am thinking of starting an MA and all, because the soldier just is to boring for me hehe. But I also want to pvp and not get beaten all the time..i just want a fair fight (i know...its not likely with all the twinking and what not) but u know. Basically is the MA a viable PVP class? against soldiers?

I'm guessing they still get spanked at high levels but do well sub-60. If you want a serious high level PVP combatant keep raising your soldier or roll a trader or a doc.

I hear they do pretty nice dmg now at higher lvls after 13.8, then 13.9 fixed the high lvl dmg.
    NT phone HOME!!

I'm sure they do better, but at high levels they can't be too good. I'm sure now their crits hit for 40% the same as most other classes, but they have no debuffs, no roots and are range dependent, their healing is inferior to traders and doctors, and they aren't going to punch their way through an MK. Giving an MA more damage from here won't really matter in PVP since it's mostly about who crits the most the fastest while using some method to avoid damage (healing, MK, nullity, layers whatever).

You are going to have to do a little fortune telling here with your MA. If crits are nurfed they will do better at high levels, if there is an over-equiping nurf, they'll be about the same but a little better, if damage goes back to 100% they'll be a bit better, in that they will be owned by less classes.

MAs do make great PVP characters up till about level 60. Most of the high level ma's I know, celest, takuan, all have traders now, barbie has a crat.

Heh

13.9 Made us viable in PVM not PVP. MA's are still highly gankable due to roots and our inability to resist/break them. The whole root/shoot/nuke thing still keeps MA's away from PVP in general all though there are a few that still do.

I still can't figure out why traders can heal like that.

<scratches head>

Edit. Bah traders, I got a engie lol
    Takuan
    Future Sword Saint of Rubi-Ka
    Martial Artist
    Storm

this is true...I actually think MAs rock the cosmos pre-75 after that...they're only good against non-rooting classes...but after 75...it's tough to find a non-rooting class in PVP unless they're hanging with some rooters 8)
    +Tekniker 142 Engineer
    +Xiaopingxu 121 Fixer
    +Stongrel 135 MA
    +Ukkonen 100 Agent
    +Pixelation 79 NT
    The Flying Frog Brigade

Psst

Don't tell anybody, but MAs can very easily break roots (although haven't tested PvP, only PvM). The same "technique" seems to break slows and other nasties too.

-Mon, Order of the Storm