The only difference I can think of between dropping an object in your apartment and putting it into your bank is storing the object placement. At most, this is 4 long values: X, Y, Z, and orientation. At 4 bytes a piece this is only 16 bytes ... not very significant at all.

Another important consideration is the number of people who actually use their apartments. My guess would be much less than half of the population?

I think the reason that they haven't done it is because its such low priority. This almost falls under the category of a 'roleplayer' issue, which always takes a low priority compared to issues like profession balancing, tweaking PvP, and adding static dungeons.

Funcom has yet to learn that ease of implementation should be a factor in prioritizing code changes. If this change is just updating a constant value somewhere in the code, and it will make a lot of people happy, why not do it right away? There are a few other issues in the game that fall into this same category. Arrow prices is one example.

- Szentasha / Unity of the Rose
http://www.darksphere.com/uor