Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CaptFallout and the Athen Accords

Go live someplace else if you don't like a company (gasp) making money; so I can make a life for myself here. OMNI-Tek OWNS (the rights to) Rubi-Ka and its resources - not in a metaphorical sense.

The clans are like bickering children, just trying to take what the other has purely to spite the more mature child.
    General Mege
    Minister of Political Affairs
    M.O.T.H.E.R.
    Mobile OMNI-Tek Heavy Emergency Response
    --
    Mege - Atrox Union Man
    Meger - Atrox Worker
    --
    Our alliance already has a name - OMNI-Tek.

Right to others' property?

I walk on to a peace of land, start to farm on it, build a house on it, want to call it my own. Now when the deed holder or the person they leased the land to show up, I can scream and yell all I want that it's my land. That doesn't make it true. I'm a trespasser and a thief (because I have not given due compensation the rightful owner).

The Owner would probably prefer to negotiate me off his property, or work out an arrangement that would be mutually beneficial to both of us. But if I get belligerent, and threaten to kill him, then I deserve anything that happens to me.

The Clans are not the rightful holders of the lease of Rubi-Ka. Omni Tek colonized Rubi-Ka in 28702, with a lease from the ICC. And for the last 773 years have been terraforming, mining, and working to make Rubi-Ka livable, and profitable.

Other forces beyond the Clan and Omni-Tek are starting to move against both factions, indeed all-Human life on this world.

Regardless of what you clanners feel Omni has done to you and regardless of the wrongs you may or may not have done to Omni. We are all human; those against us are NOT! They will not offer reconciliation or peace. They only offer permanent death, or worse.

It is better to work out our differences. The Council of Truth today announced that it would have peace talks with Omni. I hope they will be able to work out a peace, before the other forces become to strong.
    ------------------------------------------------
    General Blyzzard
    Division 9
    Strat Ops
    -----------------------------------------------

I walk on to a peace of land, start to farm on it, build a house on it, want to call it my own. Now when the deed holder or the person they leased the land to show up, I can scream and yell all I want that it's my land. That doesn't make it true. I'm a trespasser and a thief (because I have not given due compensation the rightful owner).

The Owner would probably prefer to negotiate me off his property, or work out an arrangement that would be mutually beneficial to both of us. But if I get belligerent, and threaten to kill him, then I deserve anything that happens to me.

The Clans are not the rightful holders of the lease of Rubi-Ka. Omni Tek colonized Rubi-Ka in 28702, with a lease from the ICC. And for the last 773 years have been terraforming, mining, and working to make Rubi-Ka livable, and profitable.

Very well put.

Clanners, how can you even think of claiming that Rubi-Ka is your planet after hearing arguements such as Wyndrunner's many times over?

Areas developed for use by Omni-tek remain the property of Omni-Tek, undeveloped areas as per the ICC lease are able to be claimed by those that develope them, however the rights to the Notum deposits across Rubi-Ka are the property of Omni-Tek who can grant access to such rights in return for due compensation.

Access and rights to developed land can also be granted for due compensation.

Omni-Tek has invested large sums of money and resources into developing Rubi-Ka. The improvements to the biosphere, ecology and infrastructure are key factors in making Rubi-Ka a habitable world, I'm sure if any indepentant group of society of indivduals wish to make use of these resources all they need to do is negotiate with Omni-Admin for due compensation for Omni-Teks investment.

If I grow a garden of fruit and vegetables and you climb over the fence and take them, its stealing, if you come and ask for some and are prepared to offer goods or some other form of compensation then I would be prepared to give them to you.

What has to be agreed apon is the right rate of exchange.
    Ye Olde and Original Founding is BACK !

Australian Timezone - RK1

What you fail to realize is Omni-Tek developed every square inch on this planet. Maybe not into a sprawling urban landscape... but into one that is inhabitable. Ever remember that long and expensive process known as terraforming?

That alone gives us right to all lands on Rubi-Ka.

We developed it, we have legal right to it.

To date we have only been present on a relatively small area of land on Rubi-Ka, as can clearly be seen when travelling, as you move furthur from Omni controlled lands signs of terroforming grow less.

Given the relativly small area of explored terrtory the claim of having terrorformed all of Rubi-Ka is highly doubtful and incorrect.

If you have proof of every square inch of the planet having been terroformed please provide it.

Please also detail with links where I can find word from the ICC that Omni-Tek holds the 'right to all lands'.

Thank you for your assistance Citzen Fallout.

Terraforming a planet includes the entire surface.

If it did not it wouldn't work.

Poisonous gas atmosphere to the north, but fresh clean oxygen down here... don't think that'll last long... do you?

No technology has been shown to be large enough to shield Rubi-Ka from different "zones" of the planet (terraformed, and not)

So logically, we can assume that the entire planet is terraformed.

Afterall, there is nothing that disproves it...

My, you Omnis have issues

Come join the rebels.
    It's never too late.

Snarf

Quoted from the manual :

"keep in mind that RK isn't even fully terraformed"

As the logs of the original scouts show, it's the twin suns, and the highly esentric orbit of Rubi-Ka that makes terraforming extreamly dificult to fully accomplish.

It's a wonder that as much of the process has taken hold as it is.

Rubi-Ka may never be fully lush and green.
    ------------------------------------------------
    General Blyzzard
    Division 9
    Strat Ops
    -----------------------------------------------

Not fully terraformed? Man.. what is Funcom smoking?

I guess Omni-Tek has figured out a way to... hmmm, I guess a roleplaying way to explain their lack of zones.

It's what the magical "End of the world" walls are! They are the end of terraforming

*sigh*

Actually going from a basic understaning of planetology some areas, such as the North or South magnetic poles would be impossible to terraform due to the extreame levels of ionization and radiactivity.

I'm actually hoping that all four axis poles eventually are opened in expansion packs or whatever.

> Judson 'Falcon' Kerans

Why the heck is everyone called Judson in this game? Everywhere I go I run into another Judson.
    Snarf: Level 165 Atrox NT

"At one time you were maybe a little useful Snarf. Now you're just being annoying." -- Hawkman

"Well one guy said Atrox was the worst breed for the NT. The other guy said......'You tell that to Snarf....he'll kick your arse!' You are a NT Rockstar!" -- Hemicuda

"Snarf, Snerf, Nerf. It's YOU that brought nerf to NT's you you!" -- Rhayden

"Snarf cuts to the core of the problem like a chainsaw to a bunny rabbit." -- Deaddreamer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12