Thread: Am I looking for an organisation?

Am I looking for an organisation?

So.... I've been playing AO for all of two and a half weeks and I think I'm doing OK. I'm an MP at level 63 with my very own Wrath pet, a Sanoo and a Mindreaver (who incidentally is my favourite pet... can't tell you how many times he's saved my life).

I've been hunting down around the OP area doing the pipes and the mines mostly. I enjoy soloing with my pets sometimes at NW mines, but for the most fun and enjoyment there's nothing like a good team. Good strong tank, good puller, sensible and capable doctor and fun conversation, no wild idiots shooting at anything left right and centre and bring a swarm of adds that kill everyone. All in all a group of people working together for fun to help each other achieve their goals.

I enjoy the MP role in these teams. Working to ensure the healer is switched where necessary, using the attack pet to relieve some agg on the tank when there's too many for my healer to keep up with. Throwing the debuffs in to ensure that the team (and my pets) are exposed to the lowest danger and using the reaver to help keep my medic healthy or save someone who's drawn agg away from the tank and pet.

Unforunately, most ad hoc teams are nothing like a good team. I've had a particularly bad run recently.... but I want to do something about it. I've been asked a couple of times whether I'd like to join a guild/org and am certainly interested in the possibilities it would open up. More regular playing partners, more organised, well balanced teams etc... I'd also like to find out more about different places to hunt and draw on the experience of other players (and particularly MPs) in the organisation.

Of course, you do get ad hoc teams that work brilliantly together and it makes up for all the disappointments elsewhere.... but I'd really like to make it a bit more predictable in future.

So my question is this: Am I looking for an organisation such as they are in AO? Or is the sort of thing I have in mind as being the benefits of a guild/org just a fantasy that can never be realised? I'm not a great role player, but I do become involved in the game and get caught up in the fun of it and the sadness. I am angry with myself when someone dies because I messed up... and vice versa of course . I don't take the whole thing too seriously, but I don't take it too lightly either.

Do I sound like an org member to you?

X

Well, the main thing I can see that you want is to have fun and be a team player. Admirable qualities that anyone can depend on.

I say yes, joining a guild can enchance your Rubi-Ka experience greatly. But you must be careful to not join guilds that are the "Paying 50k for you to help me create a guild!" variety.

As for a large or small guild the decision is up to you. A large guild has greater resources and obviously more people to team with. But you can get forgotten as another cog in the machine. A small guild can offer you a chance to auctually get to know one the other members but less likely to find the right people of the right level at the right time when you need someone to team with.

And it dosen't hurt to ask around the other people about your prospective guild's reputation. Hope that helps.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Well...as it was hard to tell by your post, if you're an OT, Division 9 might be the org for you..check out our site and keep an eye peeled for our training academy to reopen..

http://division9.rsge.net
    Commander Barron
    Prime Director: Omni-1 Operations
    2nd in Command
    Division 9 [R.S.G.E]
    barron@rsge.net
    Click Here to Visit the ALL NEW Division 9 Website

and if you are clan

might I humbly suggest this guild

http://livefreeordieclan.tripod.com/

Or if you are on RK2, try www.projectrevenant.com
    Chang "Nortsrum" Brockmeyer,
    President/Commander-in-Chief,
    Division 3 [Omni Reclamation] -- RK2

lol

lol none of you guys ever say which dimension and whether clan or omni, if clan and rubi 2, feel free to msg me in game as MacBean006, i am lvl 151 enf, president of KBI

We have both Omni and Clan guilds that are members of Project Revenant on RK2. Stop by and check us out at www.projectrevenant.com.
    Chang "Nortsrum" Brockmeyer,
    President/Commander-in-Chief,
    Division 3 [Omni Reclamation] -- RK2

Joined Great Paladin Core

Hi all,

Thanks for the responses. I ended up joining Great Paladin Core as I'd hunted with quite a few of their members before. It's going well so far and I'm certainly happy that I joined.

As to the future... well maybe as I get to know guild life better I'll be able to make a more discerning decision regarding what I want out of a guild. But for now, GPC is doing just what I wanted, so I'll stick here.

Thanks again for offers and responses, both here and in game.

X