Thread: Announcing: The Rubi-Ka Doctor's Conference

Exclamation Announcing: The Rubi-Ka Doctor's Conference

Greetings all!

I have the pleasure to announce the Rubi-Ka Doctor's Conference, sponsored by The Healing Hands, scheduled for Saturday, June 14 at 8 PM GMT, in Atlantean (RK1). The Conference will be taking place at Reet's Retreat in Stret West Bank in the Crate Room on the upper level. To get there, use the upper level entrance into Reet's, go straight through the doors till you reach the wall, then turn RIGHT and head along the ramp to the room. Members of the Hands will be available to guide you along the way.

The Conference is open to doctors of ALL factions: Omni, Clan, Neutral. Doctors of all experience levels are encouraged to attend, from Level 1 to Level 200. The Conference will be divided into two parts. The first part will be OOC, where we will discuss such topics as: Teaming Strategies, Healing Strategies, PvP Strategies, Tradeskills, IP Investment, Useful Items for Docs, Implants, Armor & Weapons and Rumors about the Doctor's Role in Shadowlands. If any of our more experienced docs would like to give a short presentation on one of these topics, please let me know so that I can put it on the schedule. The second part will be RP and where we will discuss such IC topics as how factional differences affect the doctor's profession and how different doctors feel about their role as healer versus damage dealer.

Hopefully, this will be a fun opportunity for docs to exchange information, share their experiences and learn from each other. Please let me know on this thread if you would like to attend and whether or not you'd like to do a presentation. I would like to keep a running tally of attendees. If you have any questions, you can leave them here or send me a /tell in-game. I hope to see you at the Conference!

Xarno
    Advisor of the Healing Hands
    Last edited by Xarno; Jun 3rd, 2003 at 02:47:40.

Exclamation An important update

Greetings all!

Thanks to everyone for the great response so far. After considering a very good suggestion from both Woefallen and Linaa (the HH prez), the RP section of the Conference will come AFTER the OOC topics and presentations section. This will allow those who want to get in on the IC part of the Conference to stay on for that and also make what time to arrive less confusing. The Conference will still begin at 8 pm GMT on Saturday, June 14, starting with the OOC topics and presentations. The first post on the thread has been edited to reflect this. BTW, mention the Conference to any docs you know and have them sign up here if they can! Only 12 days left...

Xarno

Talking The Conference is less than a week away!

Greetings all!

Well, the Rubi-Ka Doctors Conference is less than a week away! I've come up with a finalized list of discussion topics, so I thought I'd post them about a week in advance to give people a chance to look them over and think about things that you might like to bring up or discuss at the conference.

For the first OOC part of the conference, the order will be:

I. The Welcome!

II. What's So Great About Being A Doctor Anyway?
    Why you decided to play a doctor.

III. What Kind of Doctor Are You?
    Solitus, Nanomage, Opifex, Atrox. Also, the advantages/disadvantages of using weapons/going weaponless.

IV. Investing Your IP Wisely
    Useful alllocation of IP at different levels of the game.

V. Making Money - The Eternal Struggle
    The effectiveness of Blitzing and Tradeskills.

VI. Dishing It Out and Taking It - Weapons and Armor
    Favorite weapons and armor and how you can get them.

VII. The Doctor's Bag of Useful Items
    Health kits, Nano rechargers, Temporal Chalices, and so on.

VIII. Fun with Implants
    When to wear them, what to put in them, how to get them in.

IX. Teams - The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
    What makes a good team and how you can make a bad one better.

X. The Art of Healing
    Setting up the interface, single vs. team heals, etc.

XI. The Art of Hurting
    PvP and Tower Wars strategies and suggestions.

XII. Shadowlands! So Who's Got the Lowdown?
    Any info for docs? Share it here - pretty, pretty please?

Then, after a short break, we will continue with an IC Role-Playing session where we will have a chance to discuss such topics as why we support our respective factions, the doctor's role in wartime, the ethics of healing AND harming, and how we can maintain our professional ties in times of conflict. Hopefully we can have fun with this and perhaps give some people a chance to dip their toes into some RP!

As of this point, I've had one or two docs express interest in doing presentations on one of the OOC topics, but nothing definite yet. So, if you would like to do one, please let me know soon! Also, if you think you may have some special information of interest for a certain topic (Shadowlands - hint, hint ), let me know so that I can refer to you during the discussion for that topic. For our discussions involving game items like weapons or armor, bring them along to show or make up some references to show others. I'll bump this each day from now on to make sure people keep seeing it. See you all on Saturday at the Conference!

Xarno
    Last edited by Xarno; Jun 9th, 2003 at 21:08:51.

Great job organizing the event so far, Xarno. I can't wait till this weekend, it should be most interresing to see everyone there.

Hey peoples - even if you're not a Doc, some of the issues there might be interresting. ((especially some of the IC discussions in the second half of the conference ))

See you at the Conference!
    - Secretary "Linaacrat" Flowers
    Bureaucrat to Rubi-Ka ((Also offering doctor, engineering, and adventuring assistance.))

Come visit the new Healing Hands

Hindsight isn't 20/20 when your rearview mirror is broken..

Even though i am an adv, i have tryed to create a doc many tmes, and failed, so i would love to attend this meeting

Sounds cool. My n00b doc will try to be there.
    Zack "Eternalforce" Craddock
    Professional soldier of fortune.
    Quote Originally Posted by dustynova
    ahhh Ao where the men are boys the women are men and the leets are very very nervous.

Counting down. Only 2 days left....
    Last edited by Xarno; Jun 12th, 2003 at 19:10:14.