Thread: Us

Post Us

Call me Tirtus. Over fourteen years I’ve spent in this nightmare of a home, confined to the boundaries of explored territory and human will. I no longer have a will, nor my humanity. I never had my humanity. I was brought here with my mother, a wonderful lady with a face and smile of an angel, and heart of gold. She was my mother, or so I referred to her. My humanity was taken from me the moment her unborn fetus was taken from her, altered from the body that was to bare my soul, defying god’s will and transforming me into a brute. I know god exists unlike some who still have doubt. For there has to be a god, and some heavenly place after this; there can never be so much pain without reward, or so much suffering without aide.

I live here training to be a soldier for a cause in which I do not trust, in which I do not support, and which I am forever obligated to believe in. My mother was killed when I was twelve, by a member of the council of truth. Truth is, there is no truth in murder. No ultimate goal has ever been accomplished my the slaughter of thousands, or the death of one. Hitler, Stenmart, Barchus the 3rd, Dentar, and Likov all raised armies, uniting people under a common cause to achieve the ultimate goal… of each leaders’ obsession over power and the greed of their cold hearts. I have dedicated my entire life to finding that man.

I see death every day, but there is one thing that I hold on high and I live for. One passion so strong it brings me the tears I have no way of producing. Friendship.

I, I, I… it’s always about us; never about us. Friendships so easily destroyed and forgotten, loves left over lust, and for what? What and who are you without someone else? What joy can come from a life lived in solitude? I lower my head in pity, for those left alone. How lonely people make a life, one string at a time. I lost a friend three years ago to the day. I can still remember the fire and passion in his eyes, and the look on his face. I couldn’t save him! How desperately I tried to save him. I tried! I tried. That’s the whole point in itself I tried, I was unable to save him, I was unprepared and immature! I had no weapon to push the creature off of him, forced to stand back as an onlooker frozen with fear. My riffle was fully loaded and carefully maintained… resting on the mantel of my fireplace. We had only left to go for a drink.

He’s dead.

Now, years later, I walk through the streets of the new Rome. I hear voices talking and laughing. I hear complaining over the prices of stores, and the structure of the government, and of each individual’s roles in society. Voices that scream to be looked at, to have the attention of the elite few who have the power to change this society; voices which scream for attention. I don’t want attention, I have it. I have friends. Those are what matter to me, not the overpriced designer clothing, or the latest form of transportation, but the respect of someone else. That’s all we need in life, someone else.

I lock the door of my house, and set my riffle on the mantle of my fireplace, and leave you with this. You will have no satisfaction, no joy from this world in which we live without friendship.
    Last edited by Fallen77; Mar 2nd, 2002 at 06:33:30.
    Tirtus - Atrox - Level 7
    Nicroid - Nanomage - Level 52