Thread: What's up? (May 28th 2003)

What's up? (May 28th 2003)

Early update this week, as I'll be out of the office Thursday and Friday. And a short and quickly written update too, as there's this 14.8.2 thing going out today, and we have visitors, so I'm a bit stressed for time.

"So", you say, "get to the point then."

Dev chat
    Remember the dev chat this coming Sunday at Stratics. Check AO Stratics, or the announcement currently on top of every forum here, for more information.

Pre-order and Jobe apartment
    As many of you have probably noticed already, we have a special offer for those pre-ordering Shadowlands. You'll get an apartment in Jobe - rather sweet lookin' if I may say so , exclusive to pre-orders (though I think some keys might be handed out as competiton rewards or something at a later time).

I've gotten a few questions about this the last days, and have some extra info:
    - The offer is only valid for Gamestop and EB Games stores in the US, as well as the online stores of GameStop, EB Games and Digital River (both the US and Europe online stores). We're also working on more partners. More news on that later.
    - Those who pre-ordered from any of these before this offer was announced will also be included. No need to cancel and pre-order all over again.
    - The offer will last for as long as you can pre-order. How long you can pre-order might depend on the stores.

The online manual
    I'm currently working on updating the online manual, which has taken most of my time this week, and probably will occupy me for some time still. I hope to have the first changes uploaded today, though it might have to wait until next week.

Changes so far include an update of the entire Character Creation chapter, and the profession descriptions (now an exact copy of what's in the game, and including Shade and Keeper info).

More to come soon, hopefully.

Shadowlands beta
    Sorry guys, no applications accepted yet. Nothing I can do about that. You'll simply have to wait a bit longer. We won't exactly sneak it out without you noticing.

---

That's all for now.
    Last edited by Cz; May 28th, 2003 at 10:44:57.