Thread: ICC Summons

ICC Summons

Andromeda, ICC headquarters

The huge, dimly lit room, a hearing room of some sort, lies silent and empty, save for three people

At the desk on the right hand side, a well dressed solitus sits shuffling through papers, moving files in and out of his briefcase. He is known to many as Psykotron, but even in an informal hearing, he will have to use his real name-Benjamin D. Creed. That name used to cause him so many problems back in his days of grade school. Younger and smaller than most there, he was an easy target for the bullies. Until that day....

Mr. Creed let out a smile. It was still a happy memory, that day. For him, it marked the birth of his career as a fixer, as someone who would not only take a stand for his onw rights, but also those who couldn't stand up alone for theirs

This was an important day for him. On this day, he would be defending the rights of the "neutral" people. How many arguements had he gotten into over use of that term? A thousand, ten thousand? It mattered not, the arguement would go on till the end of Rubi-Ka likely, even then, future historians would likely argue about who the "Neutral" tribe had actually been.

At any rate, an injustice had been commited by Omni-Pol and by Red Tape. Although he may not be able to prove them totally in the wrong, he might be able to send them a message that Neutral territory was not Omni-Tek's play ground.

He looked up from his papers to the desk on his left. A nanomage male sat there. Charles "Kithrak" Houston. He too was shuffling paper and files, but he had an aire of confidence, as if he knew he would come out of this smelling like a rose, looking like a hero for his actions.

Just him and the court recorder, a young, attractive opifex female. She opened a compact to take one last look at her hair, adjusting a pesky strand that had strayed from place

A large, hulking atrox entered the room and stood to his left

"All rise, the honorable Tribunal Trask residing over Hearing H-48204-381N" the huge man proclaimed

An older gentleman entered the room and stood before a desk on a platform that looked down towards the two men. He was not dressed in his usual judicial garb, but rather a suit and tie.He looked over his glasses and quickly scanned the two men before sitting in his chair

"Be seated" he bagan."Now I understand. "now I understand this was brought to hearing by a Mr.......Benjamin D. Creed? Is that Correct?"

Creed stood up, "Yes your honor"

"Please make your opening statement, and remember, this is an informal hearing, so you don't have any jury to win over, so be brief and to the point please", the judge requested

"Thank you, your honor. The killing of neutrals that happened yesterday is not an Omni-Tek concern. They say it was a band of rouges disguised as Omni-Pol that did the murdering, yet we have no evidence it was not some of Meister's boys themselves. Why allow possible murderers in our home?

"No, your honor, this is a Neutral concern. We will look into the matter, we will find the parties responcible and we will further demand Omni-Tek hand them over to us for execution of sentence.

"Now, Mr. Houston here will argue that he was only trying to help. That he ansd his men and the Omni-Pol that came with them. But doesn't this go against everything the ICC had done for the neutral peoples? They have given us peacekeepers to protect us and have done other measures to protect our territory. Why then do these corperation employees feel the need to enter Borealis, fully armed and En Masse, directly preforming and representing an Omni-Tek action in our lands? True, anyone is allowed to enter Borealis, but when they come as they did, does this not open the door to future Omni-Tek transgressions?

"I'm even left to wonder if they were not there stricktly to cover their tracks

"FInally, when I asked them if they had a warrent, they said they did not need one. Seems to me they have no respect for the ICC, or its authority, as they didn't even notify you of their intentions.

"thank you, your honor", Mr. Creed finished and sat back down

Tribunal Trask looked over to Mr. Houston, "Sir, your opening statement please?"

*Kithrak uses a light pen on his 'datapad' to bring up the speech he wrote earlier as be composes himself before the Tribunal.*

"Ladies and gentlemen, as you are all well aware, Phillip Ross had announced in a speech on October 16, 29476 that 'the entire planet - through the lease given us by the ICC - is now under the exclusive jurisdiction of Omni-Tek, Rubi-Ka Division.'"

*He looked up calmly and continued.*

"The incident in Borealis and Newland City was comitted either by a rogue unit or imposters pretending to be the real Omni-Pol. The act was clearly meant to defame the said department and in response to this tragedy Omni-Tek dispatched investigative teams from not one, but two departments. The division of Omni-Pol led by Gencop and one from Omni-Admin led by me were dispatched to get to the bottom of the incident."

*Kithrak pointed at Creed with a light stabbing motion as if placeing the blame on him.*

"My own sub-department conduct themselves properly as they attempted to question the citizens of any information pertaining to the slaying of 70 neutral citizens several days ago. But some disgruntled fringe groups decided it would be a good opportunity to do exactly the opposite."

*He reaches into a pocket and holds up a small data disc.*

"My droid recorded the incident where it clearly proved that we were acting within our jurisdiction in a neutral area as allowed by Omni-Tek as the default authority in any and all areas not directly under clanner administration. It was the neutral's inability to cooperate that has caused the investigation to stagnate."

*The three on the Tribunal talked in low murmurs amongst themselves. Kithrak started to collect his things as he prepared to leave.*

"Now if you will excuse me, I have an investigation to get back to."

*Kithrak turned and exited from the room followed by his Omni-Admin Guardian before the Tribunal can respond.*

Original article Ross' quote came from.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

"On authority of Omni-Tek?" Mr. Creed asked as he stood up.

"The same authority that has kept notum mining rights exclusively to the company? Surely you must be joking. Omni-Pol, it's authority, and it's very lease on Rubi-Ka was come into question of late as you have chosen time and time again to ignore sanction after sanction."

Mr. Creed stood and pointed a finger as if pointing out a thief trying to make off with stolen property.

"What was the first Omni-Tek Action to happen after it was last warned about intrusions into clan territory? Do you remember Mr. Houston? " Creed spewed out with marginally controlled anger, yet steadied himself to continue. "If you can't remember, allow me to remind you. Your very own dirctor issued a statement NOT to persue any actions of war to all its department leaders"

The neutral held up a data-disk

"Said statement is contained in this disk I hold here. ANd what was Omni-Tek's responce?"

Creed held up a hand to silence Houston as if the nanomage were about to speak

"Allow me to save you the trouble of sifting through a selective memory. I'll tell you. Omni-Tek Armed Forces led an assault into Athens itself, slaughtering many clanners."

"Tribunal Trask, your honor," Creed looked up to the magistrate with focused, burning intent,"The reason I bring this up is to establish that the lease and right's therein Omni-Tek once held should now be allowed to come into question, as they have time and again done as they so pleased with no regaurd for the basic human rights of innocents in their way, nor the very body that granted them this lease. This is another example of Omni-Tek trying to steamroll everything in it's way and then, when challenged, they step back and try to use its corprate muscle to hammer down those with the courage to make a stand.

Furthermore, if Phillip Ross, CEO of OT-RK can not control his department leaders, how should we expect Mr. Houston to control the armed contingent of men he brought in to Borealis"

"I say NO! I say Omni-Tek should not be allowed to play Tyrant, not to the ICC, and not to the people known as "Neutral" "

Creed looked to Houston with an intense anger in his eyes