Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: The Role of the Neutrals

Angry All hail the neutrals!

As a neutral, i am sick and tired of the opression we suffer at the hands of BOTH Omni-tek AND the clans. They run amok in our cities and countrysides randomly killing guards and shopkeepers for no apparent reason. Also, i have found myself gunned down in Clan run cities for no better reason than the fact that I am a neutral. I have had enough. Time is running out for both Omni-Tek and the Clans... when the end comes only the neutrals shall stand. In my eyes, this is no longer a two sided conflict. All hail the Fist of Rubi-Ka, and the liberation of the neutrals!

Thumbs up

Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy! Neutrals finally get recognised as they should! Not as a real third party but as a community of people with their own views about the future of Rubi-Ka. Clanners and Omnis often fail to see that Neutrality is a choice of it's own and not just indecision. If someone chooses to be neutral it's because he/she disagrees with both the factions at war (at least it's how I see it). I'm very glad that neutrals are taken in consideration in the future develepments of the storyline.
    Personally I don't think they should get a very active role (active as in taking a fighting part in the conflict) but more a political one, kind of a moderator between the two arch-enemies that are the Clans and Omni-Tek.
    I think Neutrals should also get access to insurance/stores of the other sides, at least in the first place. Neutrals aren't badly considered by the CoT or by Omni-Tek so I guess they shouldn't place restrictions for them on their facilities (neutral money is surely good for both sides). Of course if the story evolves and Omni/Clans are su****ious that neutrals are helping the opposite faction then they might change their policy about that (and that could become an interesting plot if one or both sides would try to gain the help of the neuts).
    About the neutral application forms, I'm not against them 'cause (and it seems I'm not the only one) I had a problem once with a stupid left-click (back in the days when I didn't know I could delete items from my inventory) and my main character turned Clan. The only thing I could do was to make my character all over again and I lost a month of lvling. Another solution to that particular problem would be to implement a question like 'Are you sure you want to become a Clan/Omni?' with yes/no icons then the side swapping would be totally safe and thouht of.
    But I believe that Omni/Clanners should have the possibility to become Neutrals (at least once) because every character can realize he has made a wrong life-choice and correct it. A big Omni Enforcer could begin to have second-thoughts about his/her past killings and so on...
    But I think it would really be stupid to influence your side with the amount of Clanners/Omnis you have killed. If a neut makes a mission and stumbles on Ot employees for instance, he has a goal and there are obstacles between him and the fulfilling of his mission. If he chooses to kill those OT employees it's not because they're OT but because they won't let him do what he wants (or aggro him if he's spotted). So if you cross 20 of those NPC's and you waste them you automatically choose to fight for the Clans??? What kind of nonsense is that? Besides it would mess up the symbol of the Clans because they would turn from freedom-fighters to OT-killers.....not very bright.

"They are a growing force, becoming more and more a united faction rather than a collection of individuals."

I dont think this statment holds true to be honest. if you read the various posts here, or even, heaven forbid, goto a neutral guild meeting, its obvious that there are almost as many if not more views of what neutraility is in AO as there are neuts, what we want and so on. I think the only common factor is a desire to not be one of the clan or OT herds wether it be for moralistic, financial or personal reasons.

"We're seeing a growing collective consciousness among the neutrals."

however we have recently formed a neutral council, as Amona stated in her post. The mandate for this group is still being debated and is not for the faint hearted Hopefully this group can improve the lot of the neutrals on RK with small but useful changes in the game mechanics.

On a related note the shopping is a problem for us. but at the higher levels it is a problem for everyone. we just have to run missions for/or buy nanos at a lower level (or mule them over) then a clan or OT player would have to. i would like to see nanos over ql100 availble and certain clan and OT shops availble to us, such as clothing for example (a lot of neuts are RPers, clothing helps a lot, unless you are in a naturist neutral guild)

Side change confirmation

This is pretty much needed. With each Neutral character I have created it's been a little bit of an event right-clicking those stupid application forms for Clan/Omni they start with. There's always the fear of accidently 'using' it rather than getting to the fly-out menu whereby I can destroy them.

Can't drop them on the ground. Can't sell them. Can't trade them. It may sound silly. But, it's kinda scary going through the deletion process.

A confirmation box listing all the ramifications would be nice.

Question The Neutral Advantage

What are the advantages and disadvantages of being neutral? This is what my imperfect eyes see.

Advantages:

You can travel freely in Omni-Tek and clan cities. (I only go there for missions!)

Disadvantages:

You cannot purchase items in Omni-Tek or clan cities or outposts.
    You do not have access to any side specific equipment.
    You do not get merits for missions and therefore at title level 4:
    -700 life
    -700 nano
    -7% experience
    -7% attack
    -7% defense
    -4 damage
    -210 run speed
    -210 Computer Literacy
    -210 Nano Programming
    You can be attacked by anyone in a Political Zone.

---

I did not list a lack of neutral specific roleplay events as a disadvantage because I think that is one of the issues that this thread is intended to address.

Originally posted by Mürten La Suée
    Clanners and Omnis often fail to see that Neutrality is a choice of it's own and not just indecision. If someone chooses to be neutral it's because he/she disagrees with both the factions at war (at least it's how I see it). I'm very glad that neutrals are taken in consideration in the future develepments of the storyline.
    neutrals have chosen to become neutral yes, but some neutrals became neutrals because of indecisiveness. disagreeing with both factions is exactly the reason why we would hunt you down. if you're not one of us, how can we trust you not to be helping your enemies?

Personally I don't think they should get a very active role (active as in taking a fighting part in the conflict) but more a political one, kind of a moderator between the two arch-enemies that are the Clans and Omni-Tek.
    i agree they should have the right to have a more active role, but as only politically, and very cautious ones, cuz they really need a lot of politics and manipulation to get what they needed. you think we want political refugees on our side? you don't pay your taxes, you don't get our benefits. (something like that, or for clanners, you don't help their cause, why should they help you?)

I think Neutrals should also get access to insurance/stores of the other sides, at least in the first place. Neutrals aren't badly considered by the CoT or by Omni-Tek so I guess they shouldn't place restrictions for them on their facilities (neutral money is surely good for both sides). Of course if the story evolves and Omni/Clans are su****ious that neutrals are helping the opposite faction then they might change their policy about that (and that could become an interesting plot if one or both sides would try to gain the help of the neuts).
    heh....nice try, but no. Neutrals aren't badly considered by us? hell no. some neutrals who have befriended a side, yes, but neutrals as a 'un-factioned' should definitely not be liked by anyone. why do you think you're on our tab target list to begin with? a bug? lol.

on the other hand, for it to become interesting, i think neutrals should be able to get a facade. some false identifications papers...to wear enemy colors per se... so they can roam freely and buy things at clan and omni side freely, at the price of raising concealment, and each time they do something in a clan/omni controlled area, they need to make a concealment vs perception check to see if any guards/players notice something is wrong, and if they fail, they will be hunted down and killed. auto loss of 10% of their xp if they have any at the time (not the saved point bs) So the only safe time for them might be at the beginning of a level. This should make things interesting.

For the same idea to work for clans and omnis to go to the other side...there should be a fame rating depending on ranks (the rookie, freshman, novice, etc....titles) multiplied to the perception check so they have a much more difficult time (...say for agents, it might still be a breeze to waltz in to an opposing faction area to do their thing), but for opposing side to do this, make even greater penalties. 50% of a lvl loss of xp? no matter of save point. That should deter all again except for the newly lvled. (harder and harder for higher lvls to regain their xp, thus the risk)

About the neutral application forms, I'm not against them 'cause (and it seems I'm not the only one) I had a problem once with a stupid left-click (back in the days when I didn't know I could delete items from my inventory) and my main character turned Clan. The only thing I could do was to make my character all over again and I lost a month of lvling. Another solution to that particular problem would be to implement a question like 'Are you sure you want to become a Clan/Omni?' with yes/no icons then the side swapping would be totally safe and thouht of.
    But I believe that Omni/Clanners should have the possibility to become Neutrals (at least once) because every character can realize he has made a wrong life-choice and correct it. A big Omni Enforcer could begin to have second-thoughts about his/her past killings and so on...
    But I think it would really be stupid to influence your side with the amount of Clanners/Omnis you have killed. If a neut makes a mission and stumbles on Ot employees for instance, he has a goal and there are obstacles between him and the fulfilling of his mission. If he chooses to kill those OT employees it's not because they're OT but because they won't let him do what he wants (or aggro him if he's spotted). So if you cross 20 of those NPC's and you waste them you automatically choose to fight for the Clans??? What kind of nonsense is that? Besides it would mess up the symbol of the Clans because they would turn from freedom-fighters to OT-killers.....not very bright.
    yes, the application forms should definitely get a confirmation window when used. as what i'm about to say will definitely make things much harder for traitors to defect or to 'retire from a side'.

1. clanners and omni should require forms to defect to neutral in order to become one of the other sides.

2. neutrals who start out as neutrals have no penalties for their first time joining a side.

3. clanners and omni who who defect should automatically be branded with a "defect" flag.

4. when clanners and omni become one of the other side, they will get a "traitor" flag (or that they need to be seen by their original side first after they become a traitor) anyone branded "traitor" will be KOS by anyone, anytime, regardless of suppression. if that is too hard to program, those of the original faction should be able to call help from the guards. (calling a group of 4-6 ql120 or so "spawned on spot" guards should help make it a challenge for them to try to escape with their life. Those who help and actively attack these guards will be automatically branded "accessory")

5. "accessory" flag will be forgotten in 3-4hr online time. so they cannot do what i see now in major cities, all these high lvl ppl randomly killing guards for fun and yelling "F*** the police!" those with the "accessory" flag committing the same acts again will also automatically be branded a "defect", and automatically be defected to neutral.

6. "defects" have no other penalties (except any neutral still being tab-targetted) and their defect label will be forgotten in say....4 days online time. This make changing sides a much more difficult and requires much more thought than, "hey, see ya in a few days, i'm going to the other side for some shopping" this is extremely unrealistic in any war.

I hope i haven't missed much, just woke up and haven't had my daily dose of caffeine yet. I have hope that this war will become much more than these little skirmishes and snipes at MMD, 2ho, etc... so please give this some thought.
    Blue Steel(TM)

E 86% - S 60% - A 33% - K 20%
    http://www.andreasen.org/bartle/

SL upgraded oct 10, 2003

RK2 - Derek"Rayfield" Zoolander
    RK2 - "Umeshiso" Maki
    RK2 - Sylvester "Code187" Vallone

going neutral

I think folks should be allowed to "go neutral" just like switching sides. Funcom has said they are against thisbefore...

Leaving Omni-Tek or the clans makes you an enemy of that side, and therefore you are considered as belonging to the other side. As soon as you choose a side, you can never become neutral again. You have already made a stance in the conflict. You might think you are neutral, but your former allies do not. Hence, no neutral application forms. Apologies Lev (I know you are Neutral now anyway), but there will be no neutral application forms.
    Cosmik said this in the thread Neutrality Application Forms - WHY NOT?.

I don't think it's right. Unless you where already a well known person in that faction, most folks won't know you denounced your side and probably couldn't care less who you are.

There are only two reasons I can think of for not wanting applications. Status and exploiting.

Playing neutral is like playing on a harder difficulty setting. Meeting somebody that went 150 levels then switched to neutral would feel like I got cheated. They took the easy road while I struggled to get to where I'm at. Suddenly being neutral loses that status symbol.

I'm sure it can be possible to cheat by going neutral when it's convenient.. really though, it's already to easy to switch sides from Clan to Omni or back. And we know that gets exploited because we see clanners wearing OT armor.

Regardless, I don't think either of those to reasons are enought to say you can't go neutral. I do think the whole process of switching sides should have a great cost or be much more difficult. The main reason for that is to keep folks from changing without first giving it some serious thought. Personally, I'd say a 10% or 20% loss of levels. This is wether you are going neutral, clan or Omni. If you make a mistake early on it's easy to fix without a real big penalty; but, at higher levels you really will consider wether you want to change before doing it. I guess it will cause more issues though. Stuff has to be de-equiped so folks don't exploit that. I guess it would also require some IP wipe or skill loss to reflect the level change.

Anyway, my point is folks should be able to switch sides, even to neutral, but it should be a bigger deal than buying a small form and filling it out.

Fractaloon

someone else mentioned something about this in a mcuh earlier post about switching sides....

before you can switch sides, you must remove every single item on your body (excluding implants). include this with defection to neutral.
    Blue Steel(TM)

E 86% - S 60% - A 33% - K 20%
    http://www.andreasen.org/bartle/

SL upgraded oct 10, 2003

RK2 - Derek"Rayfield" Zoolander
    RK2 - "Umeshiso" Maki
    RK2 - Sylvester "Code187" Vallone

Just a little reply to Rayfield

I completely understand your "if you're not with us you're against us" point of view but I don't think it would be fair to generalize it. Let me explain : if your character is an Omni/Clan extremist then I agree he'd shoot at a Neut without asking questions. But what about NPC civilians? Why shopkeepers would turn down money? It's logic for a clan shopkeeper not to sell anything to an Omni character because he would help the other side that way. If he sells something to a neut who doesn't want to support any side he won't help his enemies but he sure would make his business run better (which would profit his faction in a way).
    For the 'tab' problem I don't agree with you. It may not be a bug but I think it isn't fair right now (of course if the storyline takes another path then....everything's possible). If you want your character to be a neut-killer then it's your own choice and you can target anybody you want (hell, you can even target Ross being an Omni, it's your life) but I don't think it should be a 'default setting' that neuts are seen as foes by both factions.
    But I'm not complaining, it's just my little own opinion .

Unhappy The Freedom of Neutrality

Five minutes ago, I was walking through Old Athen on my way to the whompa. I had just completed a mission and was 100 experience from level. A clan bodyguard (green) attacked me without provocation and a moment later a guard did the same. I died in one hit.

Is this the freedom that my moral stance has earned me?

(One of my enlightened OT friends: "You should join Omni-Tek and lay down the smack on that bodyguard, Saille!")

:-)

Nice to finally see some advantages for Neutrals in Rubi-Ka.

Just 1 thing I like to add (not that it hasn't been said before)...

If we were truely neutrals, why the hell can't we use clan or omni cell scanners ??? - they can use ours, and since we are not at war with either side, it would only be fair !.

Angry k...

Neutral is anything or anyone not affliated with Omni-Tek, or Clan. Period.

-----------------

Haha. First I want to say I whole heartedly agree with this.

"In a perfect world all the players of AO could sit back and enjoy a good plot unfolding around them regardless of the end result. After all it's the journey that matters in a story. Not necessarily what happens on the last page. However, I think FunCom did not take into consideration the average U.S. male 13-21 who will not accept 'losing' at any cost and in fact has been bred so as not to understand the concept of 'losing' or how to handle it. "

I'd say at least 50% of the players of this game aren't here for the story, or role-play. Those of you who are, are out of luck. Sorry.

-----------------------

I'm really getting tired of people talking BS about how Neutrals are so tiny and weak and unaffiliated.

And isn't this game based on a realistic future of Humanity? Then why the hell can't someone walk up to his Omni-Employeer and say "I quit!" and walk out?

FC doesn't realize that this story isn't going how they wanted. Most of the Clans don't even know about the miners who revolted, or recongize them.

Philip Ross is being acted out as a leader who wants peace and treats everyone equally. Clan is just over ridden with prepubesent computer geeks that wank off to EverQuest WoodElves in their spare time, and only play AO to PK because their EQ account was suspended for ninja looting from UberMob_0334.

Get a grip.

Players should do what they want, within bounds. Your bounds, FunCom, are to strict.

-----------------------

My opinions on the Neutral Council are that it is a great idea! Neutral people on Rubi-Ka are just like citizians of a town or country in real life. It only makes sense if there are leaders of factions, towns, groups, gangs, whatever!

Anyone who doesn't agree, you should just agree not to disagree and have fun! So what? Most who don't agree, aren't really good players in my opinion. Just shift yourself a little bit. Stop being clung to your OWN IDEAS AND FEELINGS (/nudge someone), have fun, just consider yourself breaking the law.

Here is a little list I've made up about neutrals.

Over All:
    ..The neutral citizian count is ANYONE not affiliated with Clan or Omni-Tek.

Neutral "are":
    ..Not branded OT or Clan.
    ..A citizien of Rubi-ka.
    ..Members of groups and factions NOT OT or Clan.
    ..Affiliated with whomever they chose, and not branded OT or Clan.
    ..Kill whomever they please.
    ..Work for whomever they please.

Neutral "are" not:
    ..A political faction.*

Neutral needs:
    ..PVP rights.
    ..More shops. ( In Wine? )
    ..Less whining babies.
    ..To stop being considered a GD FACTION.

*There are political factions that are not part of OT or the Clans. These are who are responsible for Neutral city guards. Think of these political groups as town leaders, like Mayor and such.

And finally..

Neutral as a Faction:
    ..Groups of city/territory leaders.
    ...Groups of common people.(guilds/alliances.)
    ..Freedom fighters.(Non-Clan/OT.)
    ..Many more.

There's no reason Neutral shouldn't have political leaders and groups, but keep in mind that "neutral" itself, I do not feel was intended to be considered a faction. Neutral is a word, not a name, not sure if that explains it clearly.

Neutral is just all the non Omni-tek and Clan people, with many factions and groups mixxed in.

That list isn't big, but that's my main concerns.

-----------------------

I just woke up at 1am EST, so my mind is foggy, hope this was a clear post.

-----------------------

Rocco "Rukus" Albe
    Operation: Glitched
    "Ayame, I'll save her."
    "wtf u want!!"
    Last edited by Rukus; Mar 6th, 2002 at 08:40:17.

I think that it is an important thing to remember that the neutrals do belong to both sides as well as they belong to none of them. Neutral citys should remain a place for Clan and Omni people to meet up in a kind of peace. :)

But i'm for a neutral whompa system too.
    I'm playing neutral chars, and i really like it, cause it the the real way of anarchy ...

My take on Neutrality.

As a neutral, lvl 40 fixer... I like it. over all I like it. My thoughts on things that 'might' be changed though.

No one should be allowed to 'become neutral.' Being neutral, and being high level is one of the ONLY rewards that neutral characters have. I want no Clan or Omni personel to be allowed to 'turn neutral' because; would that ever happen in real life? Sure I suppose. But they would be --marked-- AWOL and hunted. So technically they are not 'neutral' they are a known enemy to their enemy faction and a known defector to their previous alignment. No, never. I never want to see a omni or clanner turn neutral. sorry guys heh.

As for freedome to go wherever.. to that I will say BULL$H|T. I've been attacked and killed in the Lush Feilds Omni OP, Old Athens, Omni-ent east... I have been killed a total of 7 times by aligned mobs -in 75% zones- ... since patch 13.8. No worries I've made a report of each instance. Its ==never== the gaurds that start it, always a slayer droid or a OT assasin or some such. But sure as sure fire, its the gaurds that finish it!

Low level Neutrals need the woompa, yes. I'm not low level, I can grid to wherever I want. It doesn't bother me, and it didn't bother me then. Only real thing I noticed and was slightly irked about was the -clan- oriented destinations. There should be a woompa to a destination -neutral- nearer the Omni side. However I do see this as being one hell of a nasty place to live.. all the noob-wanna-be-killers running out and looking for another lvl15 of the oppisite faction to kill. Idea it is, good it is not. You'll be making an unwholy warzone. (like the grid camping at Meetmedere that isn't fully fixed, give a person 30 seconds or so, maybe 45 to run to the grid term inside Meetmedere when they see a large group waiting for ambush..)

Shopping is my -second-largest- gripe. I think everyone knows why.

I DON'T WANT TO BE ON THE TAB-ENEMY LIST! --largest gripe--

Honestly though, before you make tomany -changes- to the neutral side.. play it up to lvl 50 first. Note the clanners killing neutral gaurds. Note the Omni killing Neutral gaurds. Note the Omni "D.O.D." grid camping in Meetmedere. Note the Clan trader scumbag who's name I shant utter, grid camping in Meetmedere untill D.O.D. chased him off...

Just play through, make a list of things you realize you'd like to have as a neutral, that makes you special, that makes the game "easier" for you... as a neutral.

--Favorite thing about neutralism: I only have 1/16th the number of save terminals the other sides have, but they cost 10x less.

---more favorites! Telling omni/clan that clan/omni personel are in an area fighting gaurds and getting the oppisite side to come and scare them away. Being treated like scum by all the NPC shopkeepers(non-neut). Being able to join a team of either side. I like to think that as a neutral you get better 'paying' missions.

I aboslutely LOVE going to Omni HQ and being killed... rather instantly. Here try this some time, enter trade, go twoard HQ and then count the number of people behind you. Turn and go twoard lush and say "oops wrong way" and listen to the chorus of "you bast rds" and the like.

Deltan lvl 39 fixer (as of this post) -Neutral.

Re: going neutral

To add to what Dr. Franken contributed:

Originally posted by Dr Franken

Cosmik said this in the thread Neutrality Application Forms - WHY NOT?.
    Using the above rationale from Cosmik's post, any neutral that was seen allied with a team of clan members would be branded by Omni-Tek personnel as a clan member.

I do not agree with that!

For that matter, using the above rationale again. If you are an Omni-Tek employee and you switch side to the clans, you should never be allowed to change back. Why would they ever trust you?

Ok, so from my persepective these inconsistencies mean that Cosmik's justification faulty. Omni-Tek personnel do switch from Omni-Tek to clan and back. Neutral persons do team with Omni-Tek and clan members and they are not branded as either unless they sign a piece of paper.

Re: My take on Neutrality.

Great post, Desbet.

Thumbs down What about the Tir Accord?

The Tir Accord states clearly the role of Neutrals: they fall under OT jurisdiction in legal matters. How can you give Neutrals status without fundamentally altering the Accord?

As far as merits go, Neutrals asking for them is silly. Come on, get real, they're obviously designed for characters that pick a side. "Neutral merits?" The very verbage is oxymoronic. I'd much rather see Funcom develop more important aspects of the game's content than concentrate on appeasing the complaints of Neutrals who knew what they were getting into when they decided to become Neutral.

I've seen lots of comments in this forum hinting that Neutrals are developing a superiority complex. That's a good way to insure that you get targeted in PvP zones. :P You may get more attention than you bargained for.

superiority complex?

hmm i guess some people do have one, but you get people like that in every online game.

but

all the high level neutrals in the game have had to go through some very hard times,
    1. being shot by npcs and pcs from both sides
    2. the lack of neutral people to team with
    3. hence the lack of people to sell stuff to on the shopping channels, we have only had neutbot for less that 2 months. Clan and OT had theirs well before christmas.
    4. the lack of stores, at one point there was only the advance store in borealis and no superior stores of any kind at all. changed now
    5. lack of tokens, although to be honest i dont care either way about them. means i dont have to spend5 hours clearning everymob from a huge 100+room mission to get a token.
    6. inability to form or join guilds, this was only recently implemented around last november.
    7. showing up on tab to everyone in a pvp zone, making it twice as many people gunning for you. mind you anyone straying into a war zone is likely to be shot at.
    8. 7 wouldnt be so bad but no first shot capability in 25% zones, mayhem we can.
    9. save terms. not many for us. save in NLC, Bor or 20k mainly
    10. neutral meetings ever tried herding cats?

I think we should all feel pretty proud (and bloody minded) of coming through all that. after a certain level though neutral is kinda easy, we have the same supply problems as everyone else. ie have to mission/shop for new equipment. but can go anywhere. i often have to plan out missions so that sided members can get there, ie SFH is difficult for clanners to get to. Avalon is tricky for OT. yes you can get around it and i know ways to get to these places but not every player does becuase they spent their time in VW, Lush or greater Tir, Mort then BS.

(oh and isnt the Tir accord no more now anyway?)

oh and tokens

dont care about them at all. doing pretty well without them at level 118 as a neutral nano mage doc.

to be hinest i dont think i would like to see neutral tokens in the game. as aphelion pointed out they are an oxymoron

Safety in Clan/Omni cities

Desbet, this is one of the things you 'earn' as you stick to your Neutrality and level. Guards will never attack you unless they have been bugged into standard Monster behavior. It's actually worked out better than I thought.

You start out as a low level Neutral and pretty much are stuck in the Newland/Borealis/Last Ditch towns. But as you level a couple things happen:

- 1st thing is that you are able to take a hit from NPC's. So when you make the dash from the Grid in Omni-Trade to the Whom'pa to 20K you survive as long as a Guard doesn't join in. The guards are smart enough to respect your Neutrality. Just the dumb robots have some poor simple programming that thinks anything that isn't Omni is an enemy.

- Next thing is that these Monster NPC's will start going grey to you. They they don't attack anymore. The guards may still be blood red in Omni-Trade but now that the monsters don't attack you can spend the whole day shopping in the fine Omni-Trade tradeskills shops and doing the chicken dance under the statue in the middle of town.

- Finally, the MOB's in some of the outlying outposts become grey. Your viable mission destinations increase as you are able to safely traverse areas that had instant agro before.

It works out in a roleplay perspective as well. The intentions of a lvl100 Neutral character are somewhat firm. They have earned a sort of 'trust' and respect of the NPC's and are given right of passage by their peers on the Omni and Clan sides.

As far as gameplay value goes I think it's a fine way to test the newbie newts out and see if they have the guts to stick to their beliefs until such time as they are less distrusted by the major warring factions.

EDIT: AFAIK it's the Athen Accord that is falling apart. Basically, this was the document that kind of had things running smoothly recently. The Tir Accord basically set the political framework for the planet and is galactically accepted. The Athen Accords were recently initiated by certain powerful groups in the Clan and Omni sides and led to Ross' offer of Amnesty. Recent violence by numerous parties has pretty much obsoleted the ideals of the Athen Accords.

(Although why Amnesty can be offered to Clanners who are legally inhabiting land is beyond me. See The Tir Accord: http://www.anarchy-online.com/conten...tir_accord.pdf and it's background: http://www.anarchy-online.com/conten...imeline/rubika)
    Last edited by Bionitrous; Mar 6th, 2002 at 20:09:42.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast