Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: The Role of the Neutrals

Hehe what are we?

Aren't we Neutral? Yes that is what I thought. I am a Neutral fixer, who looks to make a profit anyway I can. I think that the Neutral "faction?" should stay out of the faction buisness. I mean, it's cool for all the additions like neutral leader talk and all that junk, but don't go putting the "Neutrals" out there as an additional faction.

I am not in the same "faction" as the Indapendant Rubicans guild.
    I am Neutral to the entire conflict because I like being able to sell my "abilities" to the highest bidder. Some of us Neuters like being Neutral. Please keep it that way.. Neutrals should not have the power to take over the planet nor "win" unless they manipluate either faction to their own end.

Just my 2 credits

Re: Hehe what are we?

Originally posted by ColdBlaze
    Aren't we Neutral? Yes that is what I thought. I am a Neutral fixer, who looks to make a profit anyway I can. I think that the Neutral "faction?" should stay out of the faction buisness. I mean, it's cool for all the additions like neutral leader talk and all that junk, but don't go putting the "Neutrals" out there as an additional faction.

I am not in the same "faction" as the Indapendant Rubicans guild.
    I am Neutral to the entire conflict because I like being able to sell my "abilities" to the highest bidder. Some of us Neuters like being Neutral. Please keep it that way.. Neutrals should not have the power to take over the planet nor "win" unless they manipluate either faction to their own end.

Just my 2 credits
    I believe you have gotten the wrong idea somehow. As an Advisor to the Independant Rubikans, I can assure you that we in NO WAY want to "take over the planet" or "win"(you may have us confused with some other guild here). And, IR is not a faction, either. We have an incredibly diverse cross-section of people.........RPers, PvPers, profiteers.......almost anything you can find in the entirety of Neutrality, you can find in IR(except war-mongering). We don't want to WIN a war, we want there to BE NO WAR. We don't want to "take over the planet", we simply want Neutrals to be able to hold on to the little that we DO have(this includes the poor NLC guards, who spend more time on the ground than standing up), and live as we choose. Yes, we can be quite vocal and political at times; that seems to come and go just a bit. The times that we *have* become politically active, our focus has mainly been to make Rubi-Ka just a little less harsh for the young Neutrals, imho. After all, making life just a little easier may make the difference in staying Neutral for someone; and, in general, more Neutrals means fewer Sided players, which in turn means less chance of war. Although some people immediately think of us when they think of Neutrals, IR does NOT claim to represent all Neutrals, and we never will. Hope I've cleared that up to your satisfaction
    Nealandbob Headbasher Burninsword-RK1
    Deathfyst Tonofbricks -RK2
    Tonofbricks Nealandbob -RK Test embracing my inner Brat
    Finally back from Iraq
    Enforcers ONLY vote here!
    WoW-Pahani, Skywall/Horde and Barthilas/Horde
    "A good Enforcer dies a lot"-Deng
    "FC didn't create Enforcers, Deng did" -Tza

Cool Sorry

Hehe I 'm not saying anything bad about IR. I like alot of people in the org. I just used them as an example because it is the most well known org. Also, the only one mentioned in "The Role of the Neutrals."

There always seems to be confusion to what neutrals are.. mercenaries, profiteers, fence sitters, tree huggers. I think the best way to define us is by saying what we aren't. We aren't Clan. We aren't Omni.

It's hard to pin down the neutral community to any descriptions, but it definately is a community. Many neutrals know each other and are willing to help each other out without question. This is especially true in Borealis where the same faces are usually about day in and day out. All the guilds and many individuals have helped shape the neutral community to what it is. I think that trying to define it though, and give us labels like "fence sitters" or "third faction" are just adding to the confusion.

We've been thriving for a year now as a very diverse community without the baggage that being Omni or Clan brings. I think though, to really play to our full potential we need all the options available to other sides.

This doesn't mean shopping at Omni & Clan stores. We can "aqcuire" what we need even though it's harder. It also doesn't mean the ability to insure anywhere. We can insure and it may be akward to not have a nearby places but we can insure.

It means we should have the right to organize (which we did get after repeated protests). It also means the right to leave a faction and go neutral. Again and again we are told this isn't possible once you've been an enemy your marked for life. But I don't think that is true any more. We are already considered the enemy, after all. If we aren't with you we're against you, right? Why can't a person say "Look I'm not on your side any more and I'm not on the other side". I'm staying out of this like those folks over in Borealis." I think here's enough of a neutral community now to support defecting.

The only question is are we willing to do that? Are we willing, as neutrals, to take in refugees and probably bring the wrath of both sides upon us? I'm suggesting these ideas not as someone that wants to get thrown into a war. I'm offering this as a way to let those that don't want to be in the war a way out.

Fract

Eleena Oak (Miss) and her vehicle was held for questioning at border post and transported to PO1-1492-6 for questioning.

Sgt. Baker: Why don’t you have an Omni-Tek registration number, Miss Oak?
    Ms. Oak: Because I’m not an employee.
    Sgt. Baker: Our records clearly state that you’ve been the resident of three different Omni-Tek operated orphanages.
    Ms. Oak: That was a long time ago, Sergeant Baker. I’m neutral. I don’t work for OT, I don’t work for the clans.
    Sgt. Baker: But your affiliations—
    Ms. Oak: Who my friends are is none of your business. If you don’t let me go immediately, I’m filing a complaint with the ICC.

Wink sweedish~!~

All you nutez' are sweedish aren't you! (a joke) hehehe...

It sure seems to me that Nuttrals are Omni simpathizers though, and simply have a nutral tag to attempt to avoid any sneering from the clans.

Clans forever!

Down with Omni!

Nuetz! Get off the fence!

:P

Re: sweedish~!~

Originally posted by Weez
    It sure seems to me that Nuttrals are Omni simpathizers though, and simply have a nutral tag to attempt to avoid any sneering from the clans.
    We ain't Omni simpathisers, its just that we're down wind from Tir and well, nuff said :P

But on a similar note Ross and co know exactly where they can go shove this "neutrals are OT employees" pile of rollerrats droppings. Many of us left OT for the freedom we have now, some left the Clans for the freedom which is neutrality after finding Clan life a more impossed freedom of being constantly mentally played with fanaticism.

We don't mind giving up certain things in exchange for our freedom, and ability to go and do whatever we want, wherever we want. I know many neutrals want a token board, but if that means loosing part of our freedom I would be their stand outside the ICC HQ and burn it. I simply don't want one as they are a sign of weakness. If you need one to survive then I can but laugh as its just an easy way out.

Being neutral is about being free. On Rubi-ka it also means we can keep the moral high ground over those others who stand to lower this planet into disarray and into other darknesses we can but have nightmares over. Neutrality will survive, and it's something I hope will become stronger.

Freedom is a gift for all, is it worth fighting for? yes. But is terror and fanaticism in the name of freedom true freedom? never. To be free, to think of your own path, to live in freedom. That is the neutral way
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Please FC, I am seriously wondering, have any steps been made toward neutrals NOT being auto targeted & aggroed with the tab key? This is a major problem, I was hoping for an update, thanks

Thumbs up

I think it would be a great opportunity to make the story deeper by giving the neutrals more ability.

this would make room for things like bounty hunters, mercinaries, black market, and also for groups that just want the conflict between the clans and OT to end... this could also help increase neutral resources.

Role of the Newts! Is to get owned in PvP and cut out of T! Go newts!
    . : Oldskule - 87 Martial Artist RK1 Kung Fu Fighter! : .

. : Ternak - 112 Soldier RK1 *Dead* : .

. : Jenerik - 8 Enforcer RK1 Just another generic Enforcer : .

Originally posted by Oldskule / Ternak
    owned in pvp? tell that to Jrealm, Krakstar, Dreammate or Psikie

edited to correct a mistake
    Last edited by Dr Tiny; Nov 1st, 2002 at 20:56:56.
    Omni-Pol intelligence report for Peregrinus Praecautus
    Known applicant of Third Faction
    Warning! Record is being accessed by an external source of unknown origin.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

LOL check out Caols guild called "?"

Doclisa 117 doc

Smile Erh...

Mnn.. lol, just wanted to test if i could post sorry.. this post is big anyway.

Well, with the 14,7.something changes to Neutrals, it seems that we are being made into a Third Side, rather than a non-faction. With the new ability of Neutrals being able to initiate attack in 25% zones, asking to be taken off Tab(as a non-faction) doesn't appear feasable. As much as I would prefer the latter, it seems our fate has been decided.
    Nealandbob Headbasher Burninsword-RK1
    Deathfyst Tonofbricks -RK2
    Tonofbricks Nealandbob -RK Test embracing my inner Brat
    Finally back from Iraq
    Enforcers ONLY vote here!
    WoW-Pahani, Skywall/Horde and Barthilas/Horde
    "A good Enforcer dies a lot"-Deng
    "FC didn't create Enforcers, Deng did" -Tza

The Pariahs of Rubi-Ka have risen...

For so long we have been looked down upon as outcasts, mutants, undesirables and even lesser beings. You have ignored us, ignored the eventual outcome of your wars and ignored what your mining-for-profit greed is doing to the living planet of Rubi-Ka. You will ignore this no longer...

The Forsaken Rubi-Kans are assembling...

You will respect your place on this world or be purged...

((The Forsaken is a Neutral Tribe of Pariahs (outcasts) who have assembled together to prevent the corporations and clans from harming the living power that resides within Rubi-Ka which will be shown in its full glory when our brothers and sisters on Jobe open the gates to the Shadowlands and open your eyes to the truth where you will either learn your place on the planet or be consumed by the forces that lurk beneath the shadows...))

Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust!!!

With the ICC allowing all sides to legally mine Notum the option of being neutral on this planet has improved ( I am speaking as a Clanner)... you can now attack instead of only being able to react and you can make more of this planet "neutral areas".

The one problem I have with neutrals is that when times get tough you have to make a decision about what overall policys you prefer from the two main sides in this conflict, you can not afford to prevaricate, you have to be engaged. You can's stay neutral; you can *say* that you are neutral, and try to act as though you are, but that neutrality will always help one side or the other .. thats just the way that power works.

One side in any conflict has to be more "right" than the other, has to be better for the planet and we, due to living on this dust ball, have the responcability to try and work out which and then act on that evaluation. You have to declair for one side or the other eventually or not have any say in what happens to "our" home planet.
    Promoo - Agent, Clan on Rimor
    Still alive but now dressed in spandex and called Big Gun in CoH
    Keeper Of Tiggy

Happy Tree Friends - The best animation on the web

Neut forever

Well as a Neut all i can say is Help me stay alive.Too
    many NPC trying to kill me and ppl Omni and Clan
    just wont to play the game get too 200 and help anyone who needs it weather omni clan or neut

Need help just /tell Sebor

Originally posted by Brandon
    And the role of Brandon is to sell more mystery bags?

Madrugar

Thumbs down feel sad

Hi
    At this point of the game (14 dec 2002), i feel sad to be neut. Not cause of neut population, but cause of omni/clan behaviour toward us and mainly cause of FC. FC, you killed us with NW. We even do not "deserve" higher ql 100 areas in our neut lands to build controlers ...
    As both side hate us, as i can not belong to an other side than neut cause i am neut and real neut, better leave the game than be sided. Raised to lvl 200 for a while now, i am loosing my time irl. You spend hard time to lvl till the end to become aware : there is nothing else ...
    I am gonna wait a bit then i will say you goodbye ... (even if the game is very nice)

Fabouille neut NT

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast