Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: RUR to research Token Technolgy for Neutrals

We have traced Emmet Bazzit to the "Uncle Bazzit" weapons manufacturer based in Meetmeder. We hope to arrange a meeting with him.

Dabblez

/ooc

There is now in the test database a neutral only neckpiece which is in someways equivalent to the meritboard, the the emphasis is more on trade skills. Its called Profiteer Helper, it is robotic and and has a colorful little backstory. As such we trying to adapt our stroyline. In no way do we claim we influenced this, the timing suggests it wa already on the cards.
    Last edited by Savoy; Jun 25th, 2003 at 09:39:28.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

I was folling around in a libary to chek out TBT.
    wen i found it!
    a clan named blue wolf or somthing like it had constructed a token bord!

that meen we can to!

I am a very busy, busy man... I hope you will consider that a meeting should it happen is the best course for your curiosity Director...

Till then, I am a very busy, busy man.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Emmet Bazzit contacts his son, the Director of the Foundry.

"Son, we may have some spies, you better up the security and hold off production for now."

"Spies... Hmm Clan, Omni or who knows? *sigh* Dad, you'll need some more security then just your robot, I'll send some staff over to your place."

"Thank's Laddy, meanwhile look into the R.U.R. if you can."...
    Last edited by SinisterCake; Jun 29th, 2003 at 19:12:42.

One of my members, Hibernaculum, has been investigating a clan token board known as Double Sun and we would like to share our results with you.

Token board
    We had a clans person volunteer who had recently been awarded the Double Sun, this is the most prestigous clan award at this time.

Experiments
    We tried two experiments
    1 - transfer and use of the board to a second person
    2 - an attempt to elucidate the function of the board itself ie is it a reciever of some kind.

results
    The functional board could not be transfered from its official owner to a second person. We note that new boards can be bought very cheaply in stores.

In an attempt to determine how the board functions we asked the clans person to dismantle the board. Interestingly, they did this with no hesitation. The board contains complex nanotechnology which we are still analysing. However, our subject purchased a new token board and after 'activatation' it had the same properties and augmentations of the original.

conclusions and some discussion
    The current merit boards identify their owner in some way, perhaps by a DNA scan?
    the board itself may act as a reciver and grant its benefits on the recipient due to some stored data elsewhere and not in the board per se. suggesting at least one database is present which contains the data for each award recipient and directs some sort of signal to that person. We would think that the merit board must know who it is currently owned by and sends a signal back to the central database, which in turn activates the board to grant the appropriate augmentations. Further work is required to elucidate the nature of this signalling process, if it exists.

the full article can be found in
    Hibernaculum et al J. Nano. Res. 12573 pp1658-1663

((basically you an delete your board, buy a new one and still have your original benefits. the board is not updated but the numver of tokens is stored in your character info))
    Last edited by Naxilite; Jul 4th, 2003 at 18:03:59.
    Major Eldridge Naxilite McCovery
    Adventurer, level 149
    Ranger and Explorer and of the Shadowlands
    Member of the Independent Rubi-Kans
    http://aoir.3.forumer.com/

This is a truly monumenal discovery! It means that not only is the token board a reciever but a transmitter as well. Or the token board may not be either a transmitter or reciever but a piece on nano circuitry that increases in strength as more power is added to it. It also means that it uses some type of symbiotic bots that become DNA encoded upon reciept; which means that it cannot be transfered to another individual. As an engineer myself I find this fascinating and it opens up new avenues of experimentation.

It becomes apparent that the same type of bots used in the construction of the token are also contained in the tokens that are used power the token board itself. The token board itself appears to be a procoded set of nano circuitry that increases in effectiveness as more bots are added to it from the tokens. In laymens terms like a battery that becomes more powerful the more it is charged. This would explain the increased effectiveness of the board as more tokens are added. The token board is encoded with a specific set of instructions that execute existing nano programs that are employed by specific professions now. The more bots the token board has the more nano based benefits it can transfer to its symbiotic host. The bots themselves reside within the host but become dormant when the token board is destroyed. But when a new token board is used the bots become active again. This explains why the benefits are lost when the token board is removed and why the same benefits are recieved when a new token board is purchased.

We must explore this further. Dabblez if you wish we can discuss this breakthrough further, just contact me.

QTPY

QTPY,

I read you paper with interest. I certainly hope we may be able to collaborate on this.

The problems facing the neutral TBT project at present however are not solely of a technical nature. The project is generating a lot of opposition from some of the most influential quarters.

Moreover we have also learned about a rival TBT project from the "Uncle Bazzit Foundry", and if reports are accurate their creation, the Profiteer's Helper, is way ahead of ours.

As ever politics and market forces stand in the in way of Science and Progress, but I believe the next few weeks will be telling.

Best regards,

Dabblez

I have another update. After some additional testing it appears we have figured out how the switching of sides works; and why the benefits bestowed by the symbiotic bots are lost when switching sides. Like most people I thought that the token board itself was the key to the beneficial effects of having a full or partially full token board. And when changing sides the token board was destroyed and the benefits lost. Being neutral I did not have any knowledge otherwise.

Earlier, however, we discovered that the token board is much like a computer chip that is continously refreshing beneficial nanos and is much like a battery that is charged from symbiotic bots released into the token board from bravery tokens. The tokens are crytalized nano bots that are released when added to the token board and are released into the system of the host. The tokens are electronically faction encoded and cannot be added to the opposing factions board. This was tested by a subject that had a token from each faction and only the token matching the boards faction was able to charge the token board. We did not notice any harmful affects from trying to add the opposing factions token to the board. Having said this, neutrals should be able to use the discs from both factions once the board is made. Its just a simple matter of having the board be able to decode the discs from both factions.

When it came to changing sides the application form and not the token board proved to be the vital key. The application board uses a DNA signature. What most people failed to notice is that when the application form gets the DNA sample it also injects a liquid substance into the applicant. This substance is not harmful to the host but it is leathal to the symbiotic bots released into the host from the original token board. It has an additional side affect of allowing someone with the proper map reading skills to determine the faction of the applicant. This suggests that a slightly different form of symbiotic bot is used to erradicate existing faction token bots as well as those that are used by the map reader to determine faction. Having never been charged with the symbiotic bots used by the factions application form, neutrals appear as grey on the map reader. Omni Tek and Clan appear as red or blue denoting the type of application form bot and and color.

We will have to do more research into Uncle Bazzit's Profiteers Helper. It is most likely a precharged nano transferance system of limited capabilities and not scaleable like the current token boards even if it is of similar strength of a fully charged token board.

I will keep everyone posted as we make new discoveries.

QTPY

Well after going back over some of my earlier research I made an amazing discovery. In a previous post I reported that the token boards used a faction based detection system. That was almost correct. Apparently it uses and inverse faction detection system. What makes this of particular importance is it means that Neutrals can make use of tokens once the board is developed. I was not completely satisfied with my earlier findings and after I reviewed our notes I discovered that we did not check the polarity of the faction detection system. The faction detection system make detects the faction of a host using the same technology that the map reader uses; returning positive, and negative voltages based on the faction. The inverse faction detection system uses a negative based detection system that reports non factions(like shoulder pads which are not omni and not neutral). Uncle Bazzit must have known this or discovered it before we did. His Profiteers Helper must be based on similar technology.

Updates will be forecoming as we make them,

QTPY

Your researchers may also be interested in the following item.
    Omni-Pol intelligence report for Peregrinus Praecautus
    Known applicant of Third Faction
    Warning! Record is being accessed by an external source of unknown origin.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

Outdated reply, but a fresh perspective

I know this is somewhat an old discussion but there have been a few new discoveries found Including access to the Shadowlands as well as various Alien Invasions that have been striking our planet of late, one wonders if it would be possible to hijack some Spirit Tech apparatus or AI tech to create a new token board that both factions and neutrals could use.

It should be possibly to use a means of the individuals own knowledge and skill to determine the strength of the item, I believe the token boards already use this means, I know mine does.

Prefferably even if the item does use Spirit Tech, AI Tech or a combination of the 2 then having the item locked to those with the means to better understand them (OOC: Level Locked) then hopefully those people who have not recieved clearance to enter the Shadowlands as well as those deemed unfit to fight back against the aliens would still gain access to the board.

If such a board were made that all sides could use it as well as the benefits from having it differed significantly from the current boards, then I suspect that Both factions as well as Neutrals could only benefit from the item and thus funding and support should increase, Hopefully this will stop anyone needing to complain that people are undeserving of it.

Though security would need to be high to prevent the cyboargs gaining hold of the Technology, perhaps the research should be performed on jobe, I haven't heard of any cyborgs gaining acess and the city is kept permanently neutral.
    Last edited by Ebondevil; Aug 23rd, 2006 at 10:39:38.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Oh my, must be at least three years since we at RUR worked on the ill fated Neutral Token board. And we would have succeeded if it were not for those darn cyborgs!

But you are only kidding yourself if you think we can protect any future research from the cyborgs. They are near unstoppable, absoultely dedicated to what they do and they never, ever give up. We may win the odd battle, but they will win the war.

Mark my words, in 20 years time man will be extinct on Rub-Ka and the battle will be between the cyborgs and the Kry'ozch.

But no one listens to me. I am just a scientist.

Dabblez
    Last edited by Dabblez; Aug 21st, 2006 at 18:17:27.

Well, you'dd be surprised at what us nooties are cooking up next...
    --
    The nootie's infamous black joker, Jujuwalker :
    RP profile : http://www.ao-universe.com/tools.php...ion=show&id=74
    --

La censure est la negation de l' esprit. (Censoring is the negation of thought) --Yvirnig
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. -- Hunter S. Thompson
    --
    QUOTE OF THE DAY : And remember : you minions SHOULDN'T BE THINKING!

I'm not suprised at anything you neuts cook up.

and I think we need to mail the devil a coat. I agree with Dabblez (except omni tek will be extinct and it will be a battle between the Clans, Cyborgs and the Kyr'Ozch)

The cyborg situation is well in control. No need to panic for the little incidents.

Any cyborg activity needs to be reported to Omni-Pol. Individual citizens are not required to take any further action. Unless they want to of course.
    Engineer General Virta, Omni-Pol. Not in active service.

Roleplaying Profile of Jimi "Virta" Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Virta View Post
    The cyborg situation is well in control. No need to panic for the little incidents.

Any cyborg activity needs to be reported to Omni-Pol. Individual citizens are not required to take any further action. Unless they want to of course.
    *coughs and splutters*

In translation from the corporate jargon, "if you need a job done, do it yourself!".

Regarding the token boards, i don't see why neutrals should be rewarded for letting omni-tek take over their land and refusing to help the clans rid omni-tek from this planet.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Today at 18:32:45.. Reason: constantly mistyping someone else's name in an attempt to belittle them in harassment

Quote Originally Posted by Phylicity View Post

Regarding the token boards, i don't see why neutrals should be rewarded for letting omni-tek take over their land and refusing to help the clans rid omni-tek from this planet.
    same counts for omni...why reward them for their everlasting failure of getting rid of the clans?
    and visa versa for the clans ofcourse.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567