Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: RUR to research Token Technolgy for Neutrals

Originally posted by Aazamon
    Nyadach how could you be so fully ignorant of your own people. Our very bodies use notum, the Nanoformulas we are so adept at using use notum. But notum that is used on Rubi-Ka is recycled in the atmosphere, settles, and can with time even recrystalize. It is neither created or destroyed. But if Notum is taken off of Rubi-Ka it is lost to us, that is what we are against. So a large Notum using device on Rubi-Ka is ok as long as it doesn't negatively effect the flow of notum.
    But for anything to recycle, and recrystalise would take millenia...and well, some of us don't like waiting that long for a pizza, let alone an element to live by. As for it neither being created or destroyed then you also need to understand the locking up of something in another form. Take a planet made totally of water, yep...it has oxygen there, but nope its not useful unless its free. Now take notum and lock it into a token, what happens its locked there, and useless. So a large notum using device can remove huge quantitys of notum around the area it would be placed. This would deplete to a far larger extent the notum in that area than anything seen before and even if it is recycled not do anything to recompile it for a loooooong time.

Some of us can extract it from the air, we are akin to it, we feel it. It's characturistics are wierd at the best of times as to what it does to things. Notum is beleived in some sources to have powered the big bang, to have actually made the universe around us. Heck, theres even some out there who its actually some kind of essence left over from the souls of people who've lived over the millenia.

There is also the minor little thing to point out to my fellow neuts. Why is it theres so much moaning for a token board? we get to wear both sets of pads? do the omnis? do the clans? no. We do! Why because of what we are. That 2nd pad is our token board. Those chasing tokens don't want equality with the factions, they want superiority. And that is wrong. Yes tokens give more, but then as said before they sold there soul to get them....we havent so we dont get them. The price for tokens is known, its the loss of one of the pad, our soul, our freedom to become one of the factions.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Originally posted by Nyadach

But for anything to recycle, and recrystalise would take millenia...and well, some of us don't like waiting that long for a pizza, let alone an element to live by. As for it neither being created or destroyed then you also need to understand the locking up of something in another form. Take a planet made totally of water, yep...it has oxygen there, but nope its not useful unless its free. Now take notum and lock it into a token, what happens its locked there, and useless. So a large notum using device can remove huge quantitys of notum around the area it would be placed. This would deplete to a far larger extent the notum in that area than anything seen before and even if it is recycled not do anything to recompile it for a loooooong time.

Some of us can extract it from the air, we are akin to it, we feel it. It's characturistics are wierd at the best of times as to what it does to things. Notum is beleived in some sources to have powered the big bang, to have actually made the universe around us. Heck, theres even some out there who its actually some kind of essence left over from the souls of people who've lived over the millenia.

Yes like oxygen notum does change form and get locked up in other forms while it is used. But also like oxygen there is a cycle to it. If we are careful to maintain the balance we can use notum, which Nanomages must do to survive, and not harm the all important ambiant notum levels. However to ship notum off planet would be akin to shipping oxygen off planet for the Nanomage people. Notum locked up in complex molecules is still available to be reprocessed back to pure notum. Notum lost to the Galaxy is lost to Nanomages forever. That is the difference, and that is why we can use notum on Rubi-Ka and still be certain of a very very long future for Nanomage kind.
    Aazamon General of the Nanomage Liberation Front

28973 The first Homo Nano is born in an Omni-Tek laboratory. The inclusion of trace notum into the DNA sequencing of Nano foetuses means that this breed is able to live only on Rubi-Ka.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

The Nanomage Liberation Front

Token Boards for either of the factions(Clan or Omni Tek) are bestowed by a ruling council and as such requires a hidden generator to power the buffs like benefits that they recieve.

Neutrals on the other hand have no such governing board or would submit to one if it existed. We are neutral and mercenaries by nature. Any token board or similar device would for use be a symbol of our effectiveness as a mercenary. Such a device whether used or not would be a tool that would allow us to be more effective in our jobs. We already recieve tokens of esteem from Clan and Omni Tek contractors that we do business for as a gesture of satisfaction for a job well done. This in no way causes us to be aligned in any way with either faction.

It is entirely possible that from the research that RUR is doing that the token board or some similar item could be made differently or enhanced in such a way as not to require a generator and the use of trapped notum to power it. It may be entirely possible that it would allow us to tap directly into the notum that pulses freely around us in the air much in the same way nano mages are able to tap into this notum but to a much lesser extent and being technologically based would have be limited by how efficent it would be(not turning all neutrals into nano mages). This item could work in a similar fashion to agents abilities to assume false professions and recieve some of the benefits of that proffesion; again it would be severely limited by being a small technological device and not be able to give the abilities or the control that years of training that agents make use of. Also if the item described were to work in this fashion it would almost have to be a graft or symbiotic in nature.

Developing an item as described above would satisfy all the pretexts of being a neutral and not tying us to any faction or ruling board; and it would not trap any notum in its construction to the detriment of our nano mage brothers.

This is how I envision an item similar to token boards would be made and used. It may or may not be possible, but it seems to me to be the best of all. Without the drawbacks associated with the token boards used by the opposing factions that keep us employed.

Tyranadon, Elite Operations Applicant

Originally posted by Tyranadon
    We already recieve tokens of esteem from Clan and Omni Tek contractors that we do business for as a gesture of satisfaction for a job well done. This in no way causes us to be aligned in any way with either faction.
    While I like the idea of a board that simply harnesses free notum since it frees us from reliance on either faction, I wonder if it would be possible to engineer a board that can access the Clan and Omni generators with equal facility? You'd likely have to make a few sacrifices in efficiency to squeeze in the extra functionality, so it might require more tokens for a given level of benefit. However, at least some of the shortfall could be made up by skimming functionality from the second faction's generator field.

An added benefit: they'd both hate it, but if they do anything about it they'd be helping out the other faction at the same time

Engineering-wise, it would require the development team to crack both systems in order to design a hybrid system, but that might be easier than trying to design one which relies on free notum.

Cheers,

~R~

Talking

I had already thought of that idea, Soyuz. Thanks for posting it. I was trying to seek a compromise that would make everyone happy. Its about as easy as finding a contact in a bag of fish scales while wearing gloves and being blind folded. Other than that it should be a breeze.

Tyranadon

Soyuz,

To access the notun-infusion generators (assuming that is the technique used) of both Clan and OTRK would require us to get permission from these sides, permisson which they may not be so eager to give. By building your own generators, though it might be more expensive in the short run, you remain 100% self reliant and do not need anyone's authorisation to proceed.

Dabblez
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Talking

That also means that they can revoke your priviledges to access their notum-infusion generators. Which is another reason to use the symbiotic/graft idea that absorbs notum from the air that surrounds you.

As an interesting side note, wouldn't that mean that all clan and omni-tek token boards would stop working if all of their notum mining bases were destroyed.

That also means that they can revoke your priviledges to access their notum-infusion generators. Which is another reason to use the symbiotic/graft idea that absorbs notum from the air that surrounds you.
    This is my reason for asking who will be in charge of any neutral "central generator", they will have enormous power over all the neutrals who sign up to this scheme and could 'dictate' how merits are awarded. Go against the will of this authority and have your board powers revoked, we see this with the clan and omin boards if yo change side your board is destroyed in the process.

As an interesting side note, wouldn't that mean that all clan and omni-tek token boards would stop working if all of their notum mining bases were destroyed.
    I doubt it, the boards worked perfectly before the deregulation of mining and drilling and have not gained power since then either.
    Omni-Pol intelligence report for Peregrinus Praecautus
    Known applicant of Third Faction
    Warning! Record is being accessed by an external source of unknown origin.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

Given that the Token Boards appear to work like Antennas for recieving helpful buffs; would it even be possible to diactivate the token boards for a specific group without deactivating it for everyone. This is just a thought based on the theory that some have posted that suggest that the neutral token board would be powered by both the clan and omni tek generators.

The frequency of the signal emitted by the generators would have to be the same for neutral/omni tek and neutral/clan; otherwise clan and omni tek would loose the benefits afforded to them by the token board when in neutral territory. Also the tokens awarded by either clan or omni tek appear to be the same for neutrals and clan or neutrals and omni tek. I say this because tokens i have passed over and not deleted have been quickly snatched up by members of that faction and used by them. I believe this suggests that that the tokens are not omni or not clan in nature the same as the shoulder pads awarded in the quest. Otherwise the venture would be to expensive and potentially dangerous if token types became mixed.

I also believe from my observations that token boards appear to work as recievers and the more tokens absorbed into the board the stronger the signal the board is able to recieve. Most of the boards appear to give the same boosts of varying degrees at different levels, with some increased bonuses at certain levels.

Tyranadon

Keep up the good work Sumo. Im contacting some people off world about equipment.might take some work getting the stuff on planet but, not like that hasent happened that befor.

Ever see the rotating arms in the Grid? I'm wondering what their purpose is.

Given that the Token Boards appear to work like Antennas for recieving helpful buffs; would it even be possible to diactivate the token boards for a specific group without deactivating it for everyone.
    Excellent thought, Tyranadon. My observations and research would indicate that the answer to this question should be "yes".

The Token Boards appear to be linked to the individual using them. While I haven't been able to crack one open without destroying it, I believe that the Boards are capable of identifying the wearer (probably through analaysis of DNA sampled by skin contact). Attempting to use someone else's Token Board will fail.

This leads me to think that the Token Boards are "addressable"; that the buffs being generated at the central controllers are targetted to a specific user.

Another possibility is that ALL buffs are being broadcast, and that the Boards interpret which ones are available based on the number of tokens on the board. I would hope that this is NOT the case, as it would certainly open up a possible avenue of attack for those wishing to hack Token Boards.

Regards,
    Leopold "Wormfoot" Larsen
    Chief Administrative Officer, Ono-Sendai, Inc.

I would tend to agree with your first hypothesis, Wormfoot. I do believe the the buffs are targetted to registered individuals. Part of the work ahead of us in the next weeks and perhaps months is to prove this.

But at the end fo the day, our aim is to reproduce the effects of TBT. It is possible that they way we end up implementing this may be a slightly different the from Clan and OT TBT systems.

Dabblez

Noholds works steadfastly on the neutral board
    project. While looking over some of schematics ,he turns the grid feed to radio free
    Neutrals and listens to a folk song. The song begins ''If i had a token board i could go out and
    mission! I could go and protect our land ,all over Rubika ! " He starts to hum along with the group
    The Neutrality singers

sugestion to RUR form presadent of EO

Hummm, I dont think the planers were dumb enough to make genoraters. Me just an atrox but seams to me u would build it into progrhaming of some nano bots to teach other bots. this way its alwes on built in to the nanobots surrounding our bodys.
    I would sugesst comparative passive scaning of nano bots around omni clan and neutral people.
    and if there are genoraters then studying bots in difrant areas of the planet might give us a clue to there location just some ideas.

P.S. still tryen to get offworld equipment to help in your studys.

To fully understand the technology behind token boards you need to know a little bit about their history. Omni-Tek and the major Clans(ie New Dawn,Sentinels, the Knights etc) needed a way to motivate their members to accomplish various overt and covert missions besides simply offering money and valuable items. Providing a nano enhancement from private Notum facilites was the answer(much like the small Notum mining towers we see throughout Rubi-Ka only much larger).

Now both factions have limited resources to devote to these nano enhancements so a system was needed to provide the benefits to those that did their factions work and provide them in an amount proportional to the amount of work they have done. That is how the token based system was born. As time went on some less scrupulous individuals began hoarding and selling the tokens to the highest bidder. This defeated the purpose of the system which was to reward the ones actually doing the work. The trade-prevention system we see today on tokens is a direct result of this and also incorporates an anti-counterfeiting system. Its why you can only have one on you at a time.

The token itself does not contain any special nano-enhancing equipment. In fact if you wanted to you could make a token filled with chocolate and it wouldn't degrade the system. All the real work is being done back at the controlling organizations Notum facilites.

So now that we understand the history of token boards we should be better able to understand the problem at hand: "How to get Neutrals an equivalent to the token boards". The most difficult part of the problem isn't creating a board for each person but supplying the enhancements. So the first thing that needs to be done is find someone that would back the Neutral community in this. Someone with some influence on Rubi-Ka,doesn't mind working for the Neutral community, and would be willing to take money or items in exchange for this service(since I dont think anyone will do it for free).

The Warrs come to mind. Perhaps what the Neutral community needs to do is see about coming to some sort of agreement with the Warrs to supply the enhancements. In exchange Neutrals could do some of the Warrs' contracts(in fact using the same terminals we do now to distribute them).

Anyway, these are just my thoughts. There's no guarantee that this can be pulled off. But I do wish RUR and all involved in this endeavor, good luck.

PS: Have you ever taken the metal foil wrapper off of a token? They really are made of chocolate ^_^
    Advisor of First Light
    Tradeskill How-To's, Engineer Profession Guides, and Jello Wrestling at The Tir School of Engineering
    Confused by Alien Tech? Check out my Alien Invasion Guides

New to Engineering? Try HighOrbit's Engineer Guide. Thanks HighOrbit

*emerges from a 2 month-long drunken stupor and drags himself to his desk to catch up on current affairs*

*mumbles* hmm... neutral token board... they're going to have a lot of opposition.

*scratches his beard and thinks about the 400+ tokens he gave up in order to go to Omni in an effort to foster peace talks*

*groans and gets drunk again*

Laboratory space

Ms. Dabblez,

I am pleased to inform you that Elite Operations has secured the lease for two large, supplimental laboratories available for use in the token board research project. We would like to meet with you at your next earliest convenience to tour the premises and to deliver access keys for you and your staff. I must ask that that the location be shared only with scientists working on the project, and kept in strict confidence for their safety and to ensure that research continues uninterrupted.

Please contact me at your earliest convenience.

Sincerely,

Kali Satiyavati
    Last edited by Lady Kali; Jun 12th, 2003 at 18:50:46.

The Nutral token bord things seems intresting...
    i realy need a brake from doing simple bots and guns, how do i sign on?

(the char wanting to help is Wraco)

Wraco,

We had a first workshop last week on the matter of the Neutral Token Board. The very experimantal token board we demoed did not work very well and had the side effect of turning the subjects into reets. Fortunately is just temporary.

In the mean time we've learned that we have a rival in this project. Emmet Bazzit is working on a a neutral only neck piece he calls "Profiteer's Helper ". This will give neutrals who aquire it big bonuses to trade skills. He boasts he can give +250 to both Nano programing and Computer Literacy. I am a little skeptical, however this is a development we cannot ignore.

So, in a nutshell, watch this space, we may still need your help.

Dabblez

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast