Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: RUR to research Token Technolgy for Neutrals

Originally posted by Dyanthus

That would not be fair since non-guilded clan members and omni employees still get token/merit boards, etc. Does that mean that since I an a non-guilded neutral I will not be able to take advantage of such benefits?
    I didnt make the rules I relayed what the instructions on my Merit Board say. Don't like the message? don't blame the messenger
    Omni-Pol intelligence report for Peregrinus Praecautus
    Known applicant of Third Faction
    Warning! Record is being accessed by an external source of unknown origin.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

If you want to go with the merit system, then yes, forcing each neutral org to purchace the "server" (call it what ever you want) component is reasonable. Neuts with no org will either have to join an org to get merits or go without. OT or Clan players without an org still get merits because they have choosen to be members of a defined faction.

Neutral should never become a faction of it's own. Indivudal neutral orgs can be seen as their own seperate faction, so leaving your org means you loose your merits. (Or maybe some of your merits will carry over to your next org, but not all.) And yes Dyanthus, it is fair. To do otherwise would be to create a third faction on Rubi-Ka, and I do not want to see the neutral community turned into a faction.

It is my opinion that the better soultion is to seperate the buffing technology from the merit system, and either combine it with existing items or create new items.

Perhaps once the technology is developed, some members of the Rubi-Kan population who are well funded could use the technology to...encourage other people to take on some very special work for them, as I doubt any indivudal person or org could afford to purchase, maintain, and sustain the technology. These people need not deal exclusivly with the neutral population either.

Since this is reengineering the technology, it's quite likely that the buffs provided by the technology would not be the same as a merit board. They may even have benifits that a merit board does not, and may be more useful than a merit board in some situations. Anyone worried about the technology devaulating their hard earned merit board is worring too much in my opinion.

I do not dislike EO's and RUR's efforts in anyway. I'm glad someone started it actually. I do disagree with Sumokan, as he seems to think that neutrals should band together in some way and form a third faction in the Omni vs Clan war. That is what I do not want, and from the start, what Sumokan has said seems to indicate that as his gaol.

If such things came to pass, it would not be the way I want to live my life. (And it would be bad for business!) I would have no recourse but to depart rubi-ka for who knows where. And what of the Nanomage people who agree with me, but cannot leave Rubi-Ka?

They would be forced to live out their life until a time when insurance technology would no longer function before even death would offer escape. I don't know of any Nanomage who's tried it, nor am I an expert in biology, but if they cannot live without trace Notum, even off planet travel won't get their "soul" far enough away from Rubi-Ka that our resurrection technology won't bring them back, good as new. The horror of that situation does not escape me. I may not agree with actions of some of the Nanomage people, but I definitly understand the forces driving those actions.

((You nanomage people should really worry about what it is the ARKs are doing every Sunday afternoon. ))

I must be off. I really have to decide how it is Circle G will be able to contribute to this project. Perhaps the research team requires an influx of notum? With three mining towers I belive Circle G has the largest availblity of notum of any neutral org. (As to why a security firm needs to mine notum, that is a topic for another time, and if you want to know why, you can feel free to ask)
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

Originally posted by Glarawyn
    And what of the Nanomage people who agree with me, but cannot leave Rubi-Ka?
    Oh don't worry, would rather jump off planet than suffer the hell of being imprisioned in a third faction. Independance comes at a price, and if its attempted to be removed in that was than fine...so be it but I wouldn't hang around waiting for it.

And I go back to the point I made earlier about prices for things. We are arguing over nothing more than a price of a item which we don't wish to pay. We know its price, its our soul, and our freedom. If we want one then fine, we can do like the Doctor there, if we can live without one then fine we carry on as we do. Theres no point in moaning about what it costs....its always cost that and probably always will.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Originally posted by Bliqz
    Ahem.

This is RUR...You may end up with +500 Adventuring, and +500 Water Vehicle.

500 adventuring and 500 water vehicle? Ooooh, I am all over that!
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

Originally posted by Sumokan

<cut>
    I myself have a few tokens by killing some clan/omni mobs for my service. As for the diliama of having in possession a token hehe I know almost all of us have a token gathering dust in the bank hehe.

Well if you dont mind getting the merits for helping the Clans usurp Omni-Drone from Rubi-Ka thats fine by me.

((hehe))
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

A little reminder, the press conference is today.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Here is the full text of RUR Press Release. I am sorry if I read through it rather quickly, I was a bit nervous. I am really much more at home in my workshop than addressing crowds.

Thanks to everyone who showed up.

Dabblez

---------------------------------------------------------

RUR, Rubi-Ka Universal Robots, have been approached by a consortium of Neutral organisations lead by Elite Operations to help develop the first, genuine Neutral token board system. RUR's role will be to take part in researching some of the more the technical aspects of Token Board Technology (TBT). EO and partners will be looking at the funding and administrative roles of this project.

First of all I ought to say that we are at present just investigating the feasibility of this project. We do not claim we have all the answers at this stage. Though both Clan and OTRK have successfully implemented TBT systems, the actual details of how their systems work is not in the public domain.
    Thus though we will be trying to replicate this technology, it may end up working slightly differently. My su****ion is that in effect out TBT system will end up being very similar. The fact that both Clan and OTRK TBT systems confer the exact same benefits suggests that there are technical or economic considerations that have influenced the design in such a way. But it is early days.

From where we stand today, we envisage the Neutral TBT system consisting of three components; a large, central nanobot notum infusion generator, an emitter and many small, portable receivers, know as 'merit boards'.

The role of the central generator is to produce huge amounts of notum-charged nanobots. The location of said generator would have to stay secret for obvious reasons. The emitters will transmit these nanobots through the atmosphere at near-light speeds. These nanobots will then be picked up by the neutral merit boards and transmitted to the host in the form of one or many nano-formulas, what we often refer to as 'buffs'.

In this form, TBT becomes similar in function to the Towers found in private notum mines since the ICC deregulation. Indeed the ICC mining deregulation has done a lot to increase the general understanding and affordability of this kind of technology. It is very doubtful this project would have been feasible just a year ago.

As you can probably imagine, this technology is not cheap. The notum-infusion generator, though large, will have a fixed capacity, and as such the benefits derived from TBT may need to be rationed. Clan and OTRK have both chosen to ration out these 'buffs' by keeping track of their more hard-working members by issuing one or more tokens for each successful operation in the field completed.
    It is not RUR's place to dictate to the Neutral community how they wish to ration out these benefits. However I do want to say that should they decide to go this way, we are confident we can replicate that too, using the same method that awards credits directly to the owner's accounts for every confirmed kill of an undesirable creature such as leet or blubag.

In conclusion, while I do believe this is all feasible, it is not going to be an easy project. It will require a lot of hard work, hard thinking and, hopefully, hard drinking before we see it through.

But RUR is not a large company. To ensure a timely and successful conclusion to this project we are going to need help. Which brings us to the real purpose of this press conference. We would like to appeal to all the scientists and engineers from all factions to work with us in partnership on what by any measure is one of the most exciting and worthy engineering projects of the last decade.

Thank you very much for your attention.

Wilts the possible dangers of hacking and researching such powerful technology as this is fairly large, the benefits out way them.
    I wish RUR and the neutral guilds the best of luck, and offer any assistance I can provide

Originally posted by Savoy
    The role of the central generator is to produce huge amounts of notum-charged nanobots. The location of said generator would have to stay secret for obvious reasons. The emitters will transmit these nanobots through the atmosphere at near-light speeds. These nanobots will then be picked up by the neutral merit boards and transmitted to the host in the form of one or many nano-formulas, what we often refer to as 'buffs'.
    So tokens use up notum?

/me see's DW and NLF going to love this then

Can see it now, the burn your token board protests :P
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

My understanding is that the NLF is against the export of notum off planet. I do not believe I have ever heard them protest against the use of nano-formulas (and therefore notum) on Rubi-Ka itself.

Of course any NLF memebr may wish to set me straight on this.

Dabblez

I have a question

So there will be a "central generator" to power the token boards, who will control be in charge of that?
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

Q & A from the press conference

The following is the Question and Answers from the press conference...
    Sumokan: Thankyou Lady Dabblez
    Sumokan: The token board for neutrals is not a new idea
    Sumokan: IR and other neut orgs has first taken the idea back then.
    Sumokan: Today we neuts have more resources then before.
    Sumokan: It is our hope that more neutral and the sided help us in this effort
    Sumokan: EO is prepared to spend millions to make this a reality.
    Sumokan: That is why we asked RUR to help us in this project.
    Sumokan: Thankyou.
    Pyromanche applaudes
    Dabblez claps
    Pyromanche: Thank you Sumokan
    Pyromanche: I would like to thank Sumo for contacting RUR about this project
    Pyromanche: and their willingness to take it on
    Pyromanche: we have been bouncing around a number of ideas as to how to make this work
    Pyromanche: and still remain Neutral as we know it
    Pyromanche: this I know is an issue in this project, since we are not a "side"
    Pyromanche: some of the suggestions have included enhancing objects we are already able to aquire
    Pyromanche: such as All-Match Augmented Bow Tie
    Pyromanche: so that it offers us more enhancements
    Fikksit: Soltoyz Intimate Helper
    Ognom grins
    Pyromanche: and still does not tie us to a faction system
    Pyromanche: both of these are good items that can be worn by any neutral
    Pyromanche: but I am going off on a more technical tangent here
    Pyromanche: these options are being explored
    Pyromanche: my point is that, this is something we can all benefit from
    Pyromanche: and I hope that you will all support it
    Pyromanche: thank you
    Pyromanche: does anyone have any questions for RUR or EO at this time?
    Fikksit: I do
    Pyromanche: Fikksit
    Fikksit: First, what's in this for RUR? Why are they taking on this project?
    Pyromanche: ((if you have a question please send me a tell to be put on the list))
    Dabblez: That is simple. We are a company. This is how we earn our living
    Dabblez: I actual fact its an exciting project.
    Aazamon can't hear over there
    Psykotron smiles
    Dabblez: Sorry
    Dabblez: Engineering projects are what we do
    Aazamon: Dabblez could you repeath Fikksit's question
    Nayree grins
    Dabblez: Fikksit asked what is in it for RUR
    Dabblez: I might add that a number of RUR such as myself were born neutral
    Dabblez: But that would just cloud the issue
    Dabblez: Its good, interesting work
    Pyromanche: is that it Fikksit?
    Fikksit: Also, what kind of help would we need to contribute
    Pyromanche: please finish Fikks
    Fikksit: Money? Research?
    Dabblez: Speak to Pyro and Sumo about funding
    Sumokan: If I may add.
    Dabblez: We can use thelp for other scientists,
    Dabblez: to break down the project and develop the differnt bits in parallel
    Dabblez: Please continue Sumo
    Sumokan: EO has contracted RUR due to there willingness to set aside partisain politics.
    Sumokan: And please take this as a compliment RUR
    Sumokan: but you do have a neutral outlook on life.
    Pyromanche: I beleive Fikksit had more to ask
    Sumokan: And we can appreciate that.
    Fikksit: Yes.
    Fikksit: The most important part
    Fikksit: What if this project becomes unprofitable, or even undoable. Will it be abandoned?
    Pyromanche: we will need to cross that bridge when we get to it
    Dabblez: I think that is a risk any project faces
    Pyromanche: hopefully it will not be abandoned
    Fikksit: Let me rephrase, unprofitable or troublesome to see through
    Sumokan: WE trust RUR will make that call.
    Dabblez: We hope it does not turn out to be another Rubi-Ka Subway
    Dabblez: But there are risks
    Sumokan: lol
    Pyromanche: if that is it Fikksit, I believe Aazamon has a question
    Eternalforce snickers
    Psykotron grins
    Aazamon: thank you
    Aazamon: now to follow up on Fikksit's question
    Aazamon: if RUR were...forced..to abandon the project
    Aazamon: I would wish that all the information belong to the neutral community
    Pyromanche claps
    Aazamon: so we could continue it, or it would be too easy to crush
    Pyromanche: I think it definately should Aazamon
    Psykotron claps
    Aazamon: ok, now to my main questions
    Dabblez: I think I can agree to that. Another reason to have more neutral scientist on the team
    Grorkin nods
    Ognom: That a question?
    Aazamon: heh
    Aazamon: the NLF does not have much in funds, but we do have technicians, will there be projects for them to work on?
    Dabblez: I'll let Ognom reply to that
    Ognom: I'd think so yes
    Dabblez: Thank you Og.
    Pyromanche: I beleive that is why we are here
    Aazamon: ok
    Aazamon: and my last question
    Pyromanche: to get the neutral community directly invovled
    Aazamon: I don't see a problem with tokens being awarded, as Clans have tokens, are we going to stop short of the full token system if we make it half way there with the technology
    Pyromanche: we don;t know where the technology will end, we would like it to be a full merit system
    Dabblez: We will certainly aim to match the CLan-OTRK TBT systems
    Pyromanche: but
    Psykotron raises a hand
    Pyromanche: anything is better than our current system or lack of
    Pyromanche: TY Aazamon
    Pyromanche: Deyo has the floor
    Deyo: i suppose my question is one for Sumokan
    Deyo: since we are talking here about something that can prove beneficial for both Neutrals and Omni-tek
    Deyo: whats Clans role in this?
    Aurila: I am sorry, I am unclear on how this would be at all beneficial to omni-tek?
    Sumokan: If any clan wishes to help on this endeavour, I would welcome them wholeheartedly
    Deyo: since we dont know what will emerge from the technology
    Dabblez: We welcome researchers from all factions. But at the end of the day, thisis a nuetral project and no oneelse's buisiness
    Deyo: and i hope it will be viewed as such
    Deyo: thanks you
    Aurila: then you are saying it would be of no benefit to the other factions. can we quote you on that?
    Pyromanche: Thank you Deyo
    Dabblez: Fairness?
    Dabblez: DOes that not benefit all in the end?
    Auntbeast cheers
    Pyromanche: Nealandbob has the floor
    Evalissa smiles
    Nealandbob: I have one question, and one statement
    Nealandbob: First, my statement........
    Nealandbob: Should this technology be based on the same Token system currently being used by OTRK and the Clans.........
    Sumokan: hehe have no idea.
    Sumokan: Dab?
    Dabblez: Ognom, if you will..
    Ognom: The statement?
    Nealandbob: I would personaly like to see the Neutral system require Tokens from BOTH sides to function. i.e. 400 Clan and 400 Omni Tokens to get 400 board
    Pyromanche: I don't think Nealandbob was done
    Nealandbob: this would encourage cooperation with BOTH factions imho
    Nealandbob: which I am wholeheartedly in favor of
    Nealandbob: Now, my question........
    Nealandbob: Many Neutrals are proud of the success they have had in the face of immense hardships, and do not wish for a Neutral token system. These people would be able to *not* participate in the system if they so choose?
    Pyromanche: No neutral is obligated to particiapte in this
    Noholdsbarre: the choice to wear would be yours of course
    Dabblez: Actually it is a lot simple than that
    Dabblez: Just delete unwanted tokens
    Pyromanche: but hopefully all will see the benefit we will gain as a whole
    Aazamon cleans out his ears...
    Pyromanche: Ty Nealandbob
    Nealandbob: Yes, I just wanted to make it clear that the individual can make their own choice Thank you.
    Pyromanche: Tyranadon has the floor
    Dabblez: I'd imagine it would be an administrative nightmare haveing to discriminate between neutral citiznes, but there choise remains to the individual
    Tyranadon: Thank you
    Tyranadon: First I would like to say that I like the idea
    Tyranadon: Second I feel that something like the token board would be appropriate since we are already rewared by the clans and omni tek for doing missions for them
    Tyranadon: We just do not as of yet have a system for being rewarded for our efforts
    Nayree tilts her head
    Pyromanche: that is what we are looking into Tyr
    Pyromanche: how it will be done, we need to see
    Tyranadon: Being neutral gives us the ability to accept rewards from both factions without being loyal to either
    Tyranadon: Thats all thank you
    Ognom: I'd like to add that I have have a screwdriver, crayons, and some blueprints
    Pyromanche: thank you Tyranadon
    Pyromanche: Psykotron has the floor
    Dabblez: HOw can we fail so well equipped?
    Psykotron: THank you
    Psykotron: The Neutral Rights Organization of course will support to the fullest any advancement of Neutrals
    Psykotron: However
    Psykotron: I any assistance offered to the project by any party
    Psykotron: would best be used in a directed and coordinated effort
    Nayree taps a few commands on her wristpad
    Psykotron: it would be, i feel, a waste of time and energy for individual efforts to be made, essentially grasping at straws
    Psykotron: thank you
    Pyromanche: Psykotron this we hope will be a concorted effort by all
    Pyromanche: ty Psykotron
    Pyromanche: I would like to announce that EO will be giving RUR 10 mil credits now to start funding on this project
    Ognom cheers
    Pyromanche: sorry Psykotron would like to say more
    Shadowgrider: eh>?
    Psykotron: Sorry if I was unclear
    Pyromanche: forgive my rushing you
    Psykotron: What I mean to say is this
    Psykotron: No problem Maam
    Dabblez signs the contract
    Psykotron: THe idea was proposed to me that we should all serch for answers
    Pyromanche signs the contract
    Psykotron: the best way we knew how individually or as organizations
    Psykotron: I say that it needs to be more coordinated, possibly being directed by RUR
    Psykotron: ie, they assign task, we attempt completion
    Ognom shakes hands with sumokan
    Sumokan: *shakes*
    Pyromanche: Psykotron, this may involving certain indivduals or guilds getting certain items or funding or research by guilds or individuals so, really, all will be involved
    Tyranadon: excuse me little man please back away
    Eternalforce: Hey! He's R.U.R. Don't talk to him like that
    Pyromanche: let's all calm down now
    Dabblez: Psst... he's the client Zack
    Tyranadon: i asked him to move that is all
    Sumokan: My apologies he is pryo bodygaurd
    Pyromanche breathes a sigh
    Dabblez: The nice people that just gave us 10m.
    Eternalforce: You called him little...well, i suppose he is.
    Eternalforce: Nevermind.
    Evalissa: heh
    Ognom: bah
    Noholdsbarre: yes all would be involved
    Pyromanche: are there any more questions?
    Evalissa: btw we cant hear what the other side says unless they step of the chair
    Pyromanche: I will be happy to discuss this with anyone looking for info
    Pyromanche: and I will have a transcript of this meeting avail to those who need it
    Dabblez: Please feel free to contact any RUR employee over this issue
    Pyromanche: I must apologize, I need to attend another meeting at this time
    Pyromanche: thank you all for coming
    Dabblez: We need everyone's support to pull this of
    Dabblez: Thank you
    Evalissa smiles
    Sumokan: Thankyou all
    Pyromanche: thank you Dabblez
    Pyromanche: come Tyr
    Sumokan shouts: Chirmara burgers at Sumo BBQ

Originally posted by Dr Tiny
    I have a question

So there will be a "central generator" to power the token boards, who will control be in charge of that?
    This is probably a question fo Sumokan or Pyromanche. I expect though the answer will be, 'whoever is willing to pay for it'. This is a private venture ( as it has to be given there is no over neutral government body). However participation, in terms of funding and administrating it, open to all neutral organisations. We want to make this inclusive, we want to have as large a consensus as possible. Thus the more neutral organisations who choose to get involved in the consortium, the more democratic the process will be.

As for the technical side of the project, input form all factions is actively sought.

Dabblez

Originally posted by Nyadach
    Can see it now, the burn your token board protests :P
    I would advice you not to burn tokenboards before we've had a chance at studying the material it is made of. It might give off poisonous gases while burning and we don't want that. The tokens might also contain hidden "patriot" bots that infuse the wearer with a sense of "belonging" to his chosen faction or anti-faction and we certainly don't want to let a host of those loose in Borealis
    President Anisha "Trisagiona" Kenley of the Desert Winds

"Here is the price of freedom:
    Your every drop of courage,
    ounce of pain, pint of blood.
    Paid in advance."

Originally posted by Savoy
    My understanding is that the NLF is against the export of notum off planet. I do not believe I have ever heard them protest against the use of nano-formulas (and therefore notum) on Rubi-Ka itself.

Of course any NLF memebr may wish to set me straight on this.

Dabblez
    We are of course not at all agianst using Notum in itself, our bodies as Nanomages use it. We are strictly against the export and excesive mining of this most precious element that is a part of every Nanomage.
    Aazamon General of the Nanomage Liberation Front

28973 The first Homo Nano is born in an Omni-Tek laboratory. The inclusion of trace notum into the DNA sequencing of Nano foetuses means that this breed is able to live only on Rubi-Ka.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

The Nanomage Liberation Front

Originally posted by Aazamon
    We are of course not at all agianst using Notum in itself, our bodies as Nanomages use it. We are strictly against the export and excesive mining of this most precious element that is a part of every Nanomage.
    ROFLMAO...so NLF doesnt mind the use of Notum, and its possible to strip mine as much as anyone wants, and use up the Notum as long as its used up on RK and not off world....gotta love it, and here I was thinking you were trying to limit it from being used up :P

Originally posted by Trisagiona
    I would advice you not to burn tokenboards before we've had a chance at studying the material it is made of. It might give off poisonous gases while burning and we don't want that.
    Ahhh its ok, was thinking of burning them in the ICC HQ, no one to be harmed their of consequance
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

still no answer to my question after 24 hours.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

posted by Drtiny:

still no answer to my question after 24 hours.
    The reason you have not gotten an answer is because we have not as of yet been able to determine this. This would be part of the issue needing to be addressed. since we have no central neutral organziation or government, this may be something we need to dicuss with ICC.
    Also, we would not be publically sharing the information either.

I trust that answers your question

Originally posted by Nyadach

ROFLMAO...so NLF doesnt mind the use of Notum, and its possible to strip mine as much as anyone wants, and use up the Notum as long as its used up on RK and not off world....gotta love it, and here I was thinking you were trying to limit it from being used up :P

Ahhh its ok, was thinking of burning them in the ICC HQ, no one to be harmed their of consequance
    Nyadach how could you be so fully ignorant of your own people. Our very bodies use notum, the Nanoformulas we are so adept at using use notum. But notum that is used on Rubi-Ka is recycled in the atmosphere, settles, and can with time even recrystalize. It is neither created or destroyed. But if Notum is taken off of Rubi-Ka it is lost to us, that is what we are against. So a large Notum using device on Rubi-Ka is ok as long as it doesn't negatively effect the flow of notum.
    Aazamon General of the Nanomage Liberation Front

28973 The first Homo Nano is born in an Omni-Tek laboratory. The inclusion of trace notum into the DNA sequencing of Nano foetuses means that this breed is able to live only on Rubi-Ka.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

The Nanomage Liberation Front

There have been no ICC to comment on the issue so far, perhaps they are to busy handing out secret documents to rid Eastern Fouls Plains of Mercs to comment on the issue at hand. Joe Twofingers?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast