Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: RUR to research Token Technolgy for Neutrals

Originally posted by Yarko

Hmm, are you sure that is a healthy diet, Bliqz?
    Unfortunately, clanners are high in cholesterol, so I am forced to limit myself to one a day.

Perhaps you would like a copy of one of my Cook Books?
    Bliqz, Agent, Omni, Atlantean, "Iron Chef of Rubi-Ka"
    God is a bullet.

((The IC only RP forum is back. Bliqz is an Omni Extremist, and his posts IN THAT FORUM reflect that attitude. I can be reached by PM if you feel I have personaly offended you, and I will be happy to change/temper my post. Thank you, and have fun!))

Originally posted by Jereziah

If I use an Omni or Clan application right this moment, I get a such a major learning bonus that is overshadows even the highest quality token board ((side Xp bonus)). I'd get it without even a hint of an effort. That, if anything, is getting something for nothing, wouldnt you say?

/J
    The learning bonus comes from the revenue brought in from the notum mining/drilling operations. Currently the clans have more of this. It involves the purchasing, maintence, defence of numerous mining operations, and my particular favorite offensive operations against the Omni drones. Signing that application form also makes you an active and willing participant in the 'war' for our home between Omni-Tek and The Clans ((such as it is)). Hmm something for something wouldnt you say?

Like I have said though, I am for the neutrals getting help, but they shouldnt get something for nothing. ((the 1K token board for free? thats a nice slap in the face to 95% of the player base, I surely hope no one is that self centered))
    Last edited by Dr Tiny; May 29th, 2003 at 14:41:27.
    Omni-Pol intelligence report for Peregrinus Praecautus
    Known applicant of Third Faction
    Warning! Record is being accessed by an external source of unknown origin.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

thankyou for clearing that up Sumokan. I got that impression from well known neutrals saying they wanted the benefit system ((the buffs)) seperate from the merit system ((the tokens)). For example

Posted by Bionitrous
    I too, have little desire to be on a continual spree of 'errands' to obtain the power from these neck items.
    Posted by Glarawyn
    The goal should not be to create merit based buff technology, but to free the buff technology from the merit system and reengineer it into a rough equivlent to a merit board.
    Both people seem to have been articulating that viewpoint, if not i apologise.
    Last edited by Dr Tiny; May 29th, 2003 at 17:26:58.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

OOC

You guys are talking about whether any of this "should" be implemented. That's what has destroyed this thread. If you want to argue that, go to another forum, please. I suggest Game Mechanics or Suggestions.

I would suggest this whole thread get moved as it's no longer enjoyable to read as it has degraded into faction bickering and whatnot when it started out having a nice premise.

Perhaps, I'll copy the original few posts into a new thread so it can get back to roleplaying. If you wish to 'foil' the research, then have your character do something to 'sabatoge' RUR's research. It's so disheartening to see people come in here and destroy a thread like this. (Myself included for utterly ruining the tone of what looked like it could have been an interesting story knowing Savoy's prowess.)

((everything i have said, except surrounded by (( )) is IC. Dr Tiny provided some information to the research project eg the clan board is awarded by your clan not the CoT, that it is available in the backyard, how the merits are awarded - currently by killing things of an opposing group- and that the board comes with responsibilities. <shrug>))
    Last edited by Dr Tiny; May 29th, 2003 at 17:33:27.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

hmmmm...

So.... clans follow a leader now? I thought they were about personal freedom and anarchy or something.

*scratches head again*

So, basically clans serve as many leaders as neutrals do... none. At least the solo ones that have token boards.

So, how about this. Tell me how solo clan people get a token board without having a leading government to doll them out, and I won't be so confused. But then again, if a solo clan person can get a token board, any neutral should be able to as well.

I have a feeling that the clans are lead by a more devious agent than they believe.

And don't tell me any mystical crap about bonuses from being clan and having a large notum mining operation nonsense. The large guilds with notum mining aren't so helpful and loving as to give out free buffs to people just for clearing buildings full of omni drones.
    Last edited by Sepulcher; May 29th, 2003 at 18:00:28.
    Just because I have a metalic jaw, doesn't mean I've ever been in a 007 movie.

((OOC: NM))
    Delia "Aerinyi" Jett
    General of Whisper's Edge
    Atlantean

As a solo ((at least IC anyway, OOC i am a member of Apocalypse)) clans person I undertake various jobs for numerous employers, be that Gaia, The Sentinels, Storm, Whispers Edge, Apocalypse or whoever. My missions are for the benefit of the clans people and to weaken Omni-Tek's hold on the reigns of power. The missions and who I choose to work for are based on my own moral code. I am rewarded for these activities with merits awarded to me by the provider of the mission which I place on my Merit Board. When I aquire enough it activates the next level of benefits, possibly the merits are infused with notum and/or nanotechnology so as to 'power' the benefits. So the research perhaps should be directed at the tokens? I do not know for sure as I am a medic and not a scientist.

Hmmm and there is nothing mystical about the notum operations. Those with the most operations get training bonuses (exp) which effects all members of that faction. The holder of the mine itself obtains more benefits from the notum they obtain. And finally those who actually invest in mining equipment and defences gain even more material benefit from the notum. Its just technology and nothing mystical at all, I should have thought in this day and age when we are all comfortable with yalmahas, nano programs and whompa systems that the benefit system of the notum mining could grasped intellecually by anyone.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

Hmmm ... back on track. :-)

The good DrTiny had a spark of inspiration there. The token itself might be the best place to start. It's simple and might offer insight. We know that there are only apparently 4 different types of tokens. They come in two colors. Why yellow and blue, for Non-Omni and Omni-Tek tokens respectively?

Since tokens are a common item and not difficult to obtain, I'd say that busting a few open and sticking a couple in a furnace might be in order.

Brings about another question. Perhaps someone could find where these things are manufactured. Obviously a highly guarded secret. Sounds like we might need some covert operators ...

I know from simply handling them that it is not possible to have two of any one type on my person and in my bank account. Perhaps they repel each other like the same poles of a magnet. But attaching them to the board negates this effect and I can pick up a new token.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

Originally posted by Dr Tiny
    I know from simply handling them that it is not possible to have two of any one type on my person and in my bank account. Perhaps they repel each other like the same poles of a magnet. But attaching them to the board negates this effect and I can pick up a new token.
    Aye. And even I have a few tokens that have been awarded me for doing 'research' for misters Odelier and Demercel. They don't make my skin burn and don't evaporate in my palm. But, as you say, I can't pick up another one.

So, obviously we're talking a tricky technology here. What about the people who have to deliver the bags of these things? How are they exempted from not being restricted to having only one on their person? Perhaps the tokens are manufactured as sheets and the individual tokens are snapped off as they are handed out?

We also see that Bravery Tokens and Mission Tokens operate on slightly different principles. Seems that Mission Tokens have received a technology boost that imbues them with a bit more 'juice'.

I'm gonna head home and start taking some of my tools to the tokens I got. I'm no Nobel Prize Scientist, but I've got an affinity for nanobots. If there's bots in them little discs, I'll find 'em.

I noticed the inability to have more than one when I was performing some work for Dodga before I joined with the clans. I havnt attempted to have more than one since I joined with the clans but I dont think any thing has changed to alter that. However, yo are correct in saying the mission merits have more 'juice' and this has increased by some 14% as I have risen in skill ((they were worth 7, and now worth 8)). I have yet to progress to the highest 'title' as a Doctor.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

I'm curious as to why this contract has been given to an Omni company?

Was the tender ever offered to any Neutral organisations?

Have been giving alot of thought to what the Doctor has said...and you know he has a point. To get the token boards the Omni's and Clan people have sold there soul to get them. So if we, as neutrals want them what would we have to give up? everything has its price. We can keep to not selling our soul to some greater demon ((am refering here to the two beasts of Clan and Omni, nothing else)) or keep our morals and stay without one. The cost for a token board is already written. We don't argue over the price of a med kit, so why argue over the price for a token board?
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Originally posted by Brigman
    I'm curious as to why this contract has been given to an Omni company?

Was the tender ever offered to any Neutral organisations?
    Because we were the best people for the job?

Okay seriously...

We very much hope we will not be the only ones working on this monumental project. We are seeking scientists and engineers from all factions willing to work with us.

I believe RUR has proven it willingness to leave factional politics behind when necessary. For instance we recently worked on a joint project to protect the environment with Lyricia's Tir School of Engineering and Unity of the Rose.

The mangement, direction and funding for this project is wholly in neutral hands as it should be. We are just scientist trying to make Rubi-Ka a better place for everyone.

Dabblez,
    Director of RUR
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Originally posted by Dr Tiny
    thankyou for clearing that up Sumokan. I got that impression from well known neutrals saying they wanted the benefit system ((the buffs)) seperate from the merit system ((the tokens)). For example
    Do it any other way, and what's the point? There is no orginization that every neutral person recongizes that would be able to hand out merits, so having it based on merit tokens isn't going to work, is it? I don't want to get merits from the ICC, OT, or any Clans. So who then does that leave? Hmmm?

((I'm not saying that it should be something for nothing. Tied to a quest or something fine. A leveling item would be fine. Whatever. I just try and avoind IC/OOC bouncing ))
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

a suggestion

What if Neutrals had the ability pick up both the Omni merits and the Clan merits as they can wear both Alvin and Dodga shoulder pads?

Wouldn't that make sense? We see the "tags" on the bodies when we do our missions, perhaps the Neutral neck item needs to be able to use both as well. I know when I am working along side a Clan sided team member they will ask during your loot for you to let them know if the body has the tag they are looking for. Why can't we just get some modification that will allow both to be attatched? I am not of course suggesting that they would be better than anyone else's, that would be wrong anyway, but if it was similar to the Pads idea, where I can have X amount of clan tokens and X amount of omni tokens.

I of course am not a scientist... so, I can only make suggestions.

Originally posted by Glarawyn

Do it any other way, and what's the point? There is no orginization that every neutral person recongizes that would be able to hand out merits, so having it based on merit tokens isn't going to work, is it? I don't want to get merits from the ICC, OT, or any Clans. So who then does that leave? Hmmm?

((I'm not saying that it should be something for nothing. Tied to a quest or something fine. A leveling item would be fine. Whatever. I just try and avoind IC/OOC bouncing ))
    Well Glara, I pointed out earlier that the clan boards and merits are awarded by your clan and clan affiliation. I could envisage something similar for the neutral orgs and groups eg you would be awarded merits for your work for Circle G.

some time later
    after thinking over your posts Glarawyn I take it to mean you wish the token board technology to be applied to a different item such as a bowtie or intimate helper. I think that proposal has merit and should be pursued.
    Last edited by Dr Tiny; May 30th, 2003 at 19:11:12.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

Re: a suggestion

Originally posted by Dyanthus
    What if Neutrals had the ability pick up both the Omni merits and the Clan merits as they can wear both Alvin and Dodga shoulder pads?

Wouldn't that make sense? We see the "tags" on the bodies when we do our missions, perhaps the Neutral neck item needs to be able to use both as well. I know when I am working along side a Clan sided team member they will ask during your loot for you to let them know if the body has the tag they are looking for. Why can't we just get some modification that will allow both to be attatched? I am not of course suggesting that they would be better than anyone else's, that would be wrong anyway, but if it was similar to the Pads idea, where I can have X amount of clan tokens and X amount of omni tokens.

I of course am not a scientist... so, I can only make suggestions.
    Well Dyanthus neutrals can pick up all 4 types of merit, I believe Bionitrous said he had some he was going to burn or hit with a hammer or something (( )). One thing I would like to point out is what the merits are and what they mean, they are awarded for your work aiding the Clans over Omni-Tek or vice versa, so a neutral gaining the benefits of these is displaying their work for one faction to hinder the other. I'll leave that to you all to decide if its neutral or not. However, as Glarawyn is saying, and I agree with, is to apply the technology to a new system. It will take a lot of work to apply the current technology to a system that works for the neutral organisations.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

originally posted by Drtiny:
    Well Glara, I pointed out earlier that the clan boards and merits are awarded by your clan and clan affiliation. I could envisage something similar for the neutral orgs and groups eg you would be awarded merits for your work for Circle G.
    That would not be fair since non-guilded clan members and omni employees still get token/merit boards, etc. Does that mean that since I an a non-guilded neutral I will not be able to take advantage of such benefits?

originally posted by Drtiny:
    after thinking over your posts Glarawyn I take it to mean you wish the token board technology to be applied to a different item such as a bowtie or intimate helper. I think that proposal has merit and should be pursued.
    Most Neuts have one or the other of these, adding to them should not be so difficult a task.
    Most importantly, something should and needs to be done, I hope this goes somewhere and not just into the circular file.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast