Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: RUR to research Token Technolgy for Neutrals

Originally posted by Yarko
    Who is the leader you are serving, Bliqz?
    Omni-Tek

Originally posted by Soyuz
    Now, I'm not saying that all members of RK's two major factions lack willpower/heroism etc. However I amsaying that these qualities are not a pre-requisite for membership
    That is why the awards are handed out. To recognize those employees who do go that exrta mile for the company...Who serve with distinction.

And no, I cannot switch, I am loyal to Omni-Tek, not some aimless wanderer serving himself above all else...Do not ever put words like that in my mouth or you will find yourself in a stew pot.

I never said that being neutral was easy...I just said that the rewards program offered by Omni-Tek ((ooc: and the clans)) is what it is because of the backing of a formal leadership structure.
    Bliqz, Agent, Omni, Atlantean, "Iron Chef of Rubi-Ka"
    God is a bullet.

((The IC only RP forum is back. Bliqz is an Omni Extremist, and his posts IN THAT FORUM reflect that attitude. I can be reached by PM if you feel I have personaly offended you, and I will be happy to change/temper my post. Thank you, and have fun!))

You says you earn these tokens as acts of heroism? Perhaps you can explain to us what heroic efforts you have accomplished to be rewarded in this way. As I look around the streets of the various cities all I see is things getting worse and worse, and since mining of notum became available we've really been able to see who the "Heros" are. If being loyal to your guild and serving them to the best of your abilities in times of peace and conflict then I can assure you that the majority of the neutral guilds deserves the right to reward their members in the same manner than the rest of the "heros" on this planet are. I for one look forward to what may come of this and offer my assistance as in whatever way may be possible.

Wolf Brigade would be happy to lend whatever support we can. Be it credits, time or technology.
    Auntbeast,
    President, Divine Retribution

Proudly on the fence regarding omni/clan
    Decidedly a neutral

Originally posted by Bliqz
    I never said that being neutral was easy...I just said that the rewards program offered by Omni-Tek ((ooc: and the clans)) is what it is because of the backing of a formal leadership structure.
    ...which is why it's puzzling that the Clans are still capable of handing out merit boards, since they don't have any formal structure right now. They used to have when the CoT were still around, but nowadays?

Dabblez (and definitely not Savoy, because that would be silly), I'd love to help out with this endeavour, but I'm experiencing some jurisdictional problems right now [ooc: I'm on RK2]. However if these can be surmounted I'd be happy to lend whatever help I can.

Cheers,

~R~
    Last edited by Soyuz; May 28th, 2003 at 00:14:15.

Originally posted by Soyuz Savoy, I'd love to help out with this endeavour, but I'm experiencing some jurisdictional problems right now [ooc: I'm on RK2]. However if these can be surmounted I'd be happy to lend whatever help I can.

Thanks, and thanks to everyone who pledged thier support. We'll talk after the press conference.

/ooc
    Have to say, for the record though, I am posting as Dabblez on this thread. Savoy has no ties to RUR. :-)
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Originally posted by Cryongor
    You says you earn these tokens as acts of heroism? Perhaps you can explain to us what heroic efforts you have accomplished to be rewarded in this way. As I look around the streets of the various cities all I see is things getting worse and worse, and since mining of notum became available we've really been able to see who the "Heros" are. If being loyal to your guild and serving them to the best of your abilities in times of peace and conflict then I can assure you that the majority of the neutral guilds deserves the right to reward their members in the same manner than the rest of the "heros" on this planet are. I for one look forward to what may come of this and offer my assistance as in whatever way may be possible.
    Heroism in taking repeated dangerous missions and assignments...putting ones life and limb on the line for the company...As opposed to sweeping litter or fliping bronto burgers, or in the case of neutrals refusing to take a stand for anything other than complacency.
    God is a bullet.

((The IC only RP forum is back. Bliqz is an Omni Extremist, and his posts IN THAT FORUM reflect that attitude. I can be reached by PM if you feel I have personaly offended you, and I will be happy to change/temper my post. Thank you, and have fun!))

I'll take a stand on something. Bliqz looks tasty. I think I'll hunt him down, and feast on his fresh corpse. Maybe someone should give me a token. I think a clanner or two would see that as worthy of merit, even if I do decide not to join the clans.

Calia's Form: Sabretooth terminated

Woah...I've been spending too much time morphed again...

Glara wanders off, looking slightly dazed, and feeling hungry.
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

Eating people is disgusting and abhorent. Were I you, I would seek psychiatric help immediatly.
    God is a bullet.

Originally posted by Bliqz
    Were I you, I would seek psychiatric help immediatly.
    Been there...done that...was delicious. :P

Flaps wings and grins as fome poor sap is nearly knocked over by the wind of dragon wings.
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

Cathern chuckled at this latest press relaease. She thought to herself, "R.U.R. designing a meirt system for the Neutrals? Well, with the way their robots work....this has to be a plot to get neutrals to choose a side. R.U.R merit boards would probably cause psychotic episodes, binge drinking, and an insatiable desire to get a positronic thingy installed in their heads."
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Originally posted by Vixentrox
    Cathern chuckled at this latest press relaease. She thought to herself, "R.U.R. designing a meirt system for the Neutrals? Well, with the way their robots work....this has to be a plot to get neutrals to choose a side. R.U.R merit boards would probably cause psychotic episodes, binge drinking, and an insatiable desire to get a positronic thingy installed in their heads."
    /ooc

Heheh
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

/OOC

Gah. This really turned into a hate thread didn't it? OOC, I fully understand the problems of being a neutral, that it has little or no reward, and that it is in fact the hardest faction to play, I am not stupid. I really do feel sorry for the neutrals actually, because the "benefits", like trading with both factions, going wherever they want, etc, etc, are close to non-existant.

But this was an in-character thread, and I was expressing the views of my character, Morphex, who is pro Omni-Tek to the extreme. He feels no pity for the neutrals and their situation.

Please understand...
    Kind Regards
    Prince "Morphex" Olveda

Agent Professional
    Proud Member of Legion
    [pic] [stat] [eqp]

Unknown: "I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect"
    Scope755: "To all Devs: ISNT SOO COOL TO BE NOT WELCOME IN INFERNO SK TEAMS."

While the the technology of the merit system is not exactly clear to me I would assume that the likely scenario is that it functions much like the enhancements given to many employees who are in departments that have access to a pivate notum mining facility. Namely, the merit is issued to the employee for acts of service and heroism for the company and acts as a beacon to free floating nanobots in the atmosphere, which in turn run various augmentations on the holder of the merit. This serves to both distinguish and reward employees who have preformed acts of service to the company above and beyond the call of duty.

Surely a technological achivement such as this must require an incredible amount of research, capital, and manpower to design, or in the case of the clans, reverse engineer. While there may very well be unaligned citizens that could perhaps decipher the mechanics of the merit system I doubt the financial backing exists as surely the cost of developing a technology of this magnitude easily runs into the billions of credits. However, it will be interesting to see how your proposition develops.

Originally posted by Morphex
    /OOC

But this was an in-character thread, and I was expressing the views of my character, Morphex, who is pro Omni-Tek to the extreme. He feels no pity for the neutrals and their situation.

Please understand...
    [OOC: don't worry, I do. Soy just got out of the wrong side of the bed today. It happens a lot, he's an Engineer... a neutral Engineer... gah...

However, any time a thread about any aspect of neutrality appears there are the inevitable cries of "Sheep!" and "Pick a side". Some players, as opposed to their characters, genuinely appear to believe that neuts are just fence sitters, people unable to make up their minds or take a stand. I just felt, since we were in character, that it was worth getting a strongly worded counterpoint on the record.

No personal ill-will intended.]

Cheers,

~R~

EDIT: fixed typo
    Last edited by Soyuz; May 28th, 2003 at 01:44:33.

Noholds looks over the new assignments for RUR expansion .
    ''Whats this hmm , a Neutral token board! A very interesting work
    order.'' He looks over the best list of his best people to help undertake this ambitious work order. He sees that Meganstar is available and is indeed the best RUR can offer . ''Now lets see
    we have to name our team something to ah i got it ! The Token
    Board Development Team! . He taps his commbadge to leave a message on Megans computer. ''Megan this Noholds . I got research project we can sink our teeth into! It will be somewhat out of our fields but we can do it! Come see me and the rest of the
    crew as soon as you can!"

He sat at his desk and smiled ''YA i like the name Token Board dev team!'

No workload??!

*decides not to mention that she beat Noholds in a Grid Duel today - yay!*

Oops!

~~

GridMail To:Noholds, Lead Programmer RURCo

Hi Boss!

Sure! Would love to work on that project along with the 100 other things you assigned me -- sheesh! Totally free??! Me?! I think I just about finished stabilising Xerves. Great idea of hers to interface with the Hod Processor to help fix the grid distribution glitch. She's sure gone strange on me since then, though!

I've been promised a clan token or two, but we're going to need a board. That's going to be hard given that self destruct sequence built into the nanocrystal. Totally different technology to Omni's merit board now. Still gridlinked and all and definitely nanotech, but real tough to crack. I think we need more than me + the fixer crew on this. Think we'll need an agent. They've been fooling scanners for years with those weird boards of theres...it would be easier to get hold of, and rumours from my hax0r contacts confirm that the agent gizmo was originally a cloned clanboard.

Ain't no substitute for the real thing, though. Xerves says she can help co-ordinate a swoop on a defector. I reckon if we can grab a clanner just at the point they activate their Omni Application form, we might just be able to pull off a non-destruct. Trick, she says, is to isolate the board from the Grid at the point of side-switch.

=Megan*Star=

PS
    Start a war in the Grid! ... /tell xerves read duels
    Bronto Ranch Breaks
    A wholly owned subsidiary of Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)

Originally posted by Soyuz
    I think you're missing the point. Members of either faction have it easier than neutrals ever will, and it doesn't take much commitment to sign on the dotted line with either side. After all, if it looks like you're losing you can always switch, right? Individuals who are truly indifferent will likely just sign up with whichever side offers the most security, then try to keep out of the way.
    The easy route is sitting on the sidelines saying you have "strength, dedication and willpower" for living without merits, then starting a campaign for a merit board without having done anything to earn them.

Clans and Omni have earned their merits for having the courage, honor and dedication to stand up and fight for what they believe in. And you say we "have it easier than neutrals ever will?" Why don't neutrals earn the merits instead of having them handed to them then?

So my dear Bliqz, you get rewarded by OT because you are a distorted, man-eating psycho, while at the same time a humanist, peace loving OT employee gets the same reward? Seems to me your employer can’t make up his mind

Same goes for the clans. And what about the numerous occasions when a neutral citizen aids in the accomplishment of an omni or clan mission? Or even more, when people join forces to defeat the real dangers on our planet in mixed teams?

As a matter of fact, neutrals should receive an expression of gratitude from both factions, as they perform many tasks to the benefit of all people on Rubi Ka without feeling the need to slaughter their neighbours.

Yarko

Psssst.....

Hey I know a guy who knows a guy who's cousin works in Omni-HQ. He owes me a favour, I'll see what I can come up with. Well the guy I know owes me a favor..not the guy he know's cousin..well you know what I mean.
    Aazamon General of the Nanomage Liberation Front

28973 The first Homo Nano is born in an Omni-Tek laboratory. The inclusion of trace notum into the DNA sequencing of Nano foetuses means that this breed is able to live only on Rubi-Ka.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

The Nanomage Liberation Front

Originally posted by Vixentrox
    ((OOC: I see... the board would transform them into a clanner, then? Cool! *runs off to get a positronic thingie installed in her head* )
    Delia "Aerinyi" Jett
    General of Whisper's Edge
    Atlantean

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast