Thread: Q: Soldiers?

Q: Soldiers?

Okay I have now a level 44 Soldier, I have got her to wear A set of elites and a 102 Nova which all that is needed to buff is AR.
    I have a 75 Coat on.
    I have ql 50 Implants and 1, 70, im going to upgrade all but that means taking elites off for med suit and then ill need cyclops and IC ;/

Anyway, I have only pvp'ed 5 times.

First PVP battle ever.
    Ganked by a enf and a mp.
    Lasted about 4 mins literaly.
    Killed enf, had to kill heal pet, got killed by mp
    Grrr.... I hadf him down to a ickkly bit of hp in 2 hits then he fileld it right up, damn floaty balls

I fought a crat with elites, lol she looked EXACTLY Like me.
    I won that battle easy, got accused of having crit buff. ;/

Second was a MP which I got owned.
    Heal pet healed to fast for me to keep up, could kill owner healed too fast.

Third was another soldier, yelloworange to me and it was a close battle, just he did MK at the start and I did it near the end.

And lastly was a MA which was Orange to me, this was last night after the patch and I gotta say they are much improved, but then again he did have outside buffs.
    I kinda did 500 burst 400 fling and at that level thats under 50% hp.

I want to know at what point to Soldier excel above most, or does EVERYONE have a chance in pvp as long as they work hard into there character.
    This is my first ever twink and is 4 days old now.
    My pvp experience with it is 50/50 but that what I should expect right.

You know, people say to me Martial Artist USED to be **** after lvl 80.
    Now is there something liek this with sols? They get good around a certain level?

Bering in mind I will be keeping armor and Weapons up to date.
    But im going to keep this gun on, I seem to crit more with that than a higher one.
    NO gripes, NO Complaints, JUST A SIMPLE QUESTION

Usually Soldiers crumble at 47.
    They are owned by any other profession, up to level 176 when they start to be slightly better.
    And at 179 they fall back behind every other professions.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Soldiers quite literarely suck up to level 100, then they get slightly better, and at 150 they start to 0wn =)
    I'm quite happy you posted this here, because I really don't like the thought of having to read your posts in the soldier forum :>
    phonokol - geremi - dousk - matica [apoc]

not all classes have a chance in PvP. for example engies will always just plain suck atleast engies who rely on bots. Maybe engies which put IPs in weapons skills wouldn't but then there are classes better suited for that.
    Member of the "I tried SWG and I am still kicking myself for it" club

Originally posted by Matica
    I'm quite happy you posted this here, because I really don't like the thought of having to read your posts in the soldier forum :>
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Yeah well i found out the hard way.

no matter how hard you twink "soldier" "SUCK"

AC's do nothing, a good gun does nothing.
    ql 90 imps do nothing.

So im just going to have to level then i suppose ;/
    Feck.

Hey and guess what.

LVL 44 Twink sol, Can wear a ql 120 nova BUT it hit harder with a 102.
    Ql 77-80 Elite armour.
    Evades maxed for level.
    QL 72 Decus coat.
    ql 90 implants.
    with and without targetting scope on both tests.

LVL41 MA, 1 implant, ql 52 decus coat and 600 ac.
    Less Evades than me.

I can beat my brothers ma easy BUT he can take me do 30% hp.

whats wrong?
    I am doing NOTHING wrong, I have asked many many questions and i have asked alot of people what to say and the most answer I get is.

Sols suck.
    Yeah they do

so any idea to what I should make? hmm...
    lemme think...
    hmm...

Well if someone has ...no.

Hell yeah this is a moan but an untwinked char vs a twinked.

oh yeah also I have LMA on my char in this test and the rest was self buffs.

note: always wear crit, essence, abosrb and shield b4 pvp :P

At this stage if it's not yet obvious to you, you have to understand that you will find that all the professions sucks.

We all can foresee what's going to happen next :

- You try a MP : they suck because they are nothing without pets, have so few HPs and their summoned staff do ****ty damages.

- You try a MA : they suck because their Dimach cannot be used three times in the same fight and their heal is so weak.

- You try a Doc : you quit it very soon when people tell you that they own PvP past level 150 and that up to that level you just have to sit behind your team and can't solo a Leet.

- You try a Trader : you have fun to debuff people in PvP but then cannot do damage and kill them, eventually they flee from you and survive. You wonder why everyone is calling you a Wrangler ...

- You try a Fixer : you have fun running around people or away from them. Then you realize you can't kill them, just like your trader.

- You don't try a Nanotech : after reading the boards you are convinced that the class is really fubared since they are whining so much.

- You try an Engie : cool your pets ownz, but hey, people keep going at you in PvP and ignore your pet. That's not fair !

- You try an Adventurer : cool now you can be a Wolf, but hey your damages are still crappy, what's the point of having fangs and claws ??

- You don't try a Bureaucrat : if Soldiers and wolves are owned in PvP, there's no way you gonna be ridiculous and try a fat, slow and ill-armed secretary.

Eventually you apply to be an ARK : someone told you that they can reach level 300, woooot !!
    Then FC gets mad after you because you PvP teleporting people in and out H2O. You are fired from ARK team.

Well I guess you only have one last solution.

All previous sarcasms being left aside, I propose that you just try to find a profession -or a game- that you like and enjoy the ride. You will never own in PvP whatever profession you choose.
    I won't say why, because everyone on the boards understood why. In France we say : "Don't shoot an ambulance" (does it translate ?).

Well, somehow I did it.
    Last edited by Unexpected; Mar 3rd, 2002 at 20:25:24.

Excellent post Gimmizluv, very well put.

-Fed (aka Yense)

hehehe GJ Gummizluv, thx for the good laugh =]