Thread: Roleplaying and going too far.

Roleplaying and going too far.

To all you people who take RPing too far, you may not know it but you do ruin the enjoyment of the game for casual players or just people who just like the setting and aspect of the game and who don't RP. For example someone like me who does play the RP part once and a while but i play it lightly and never take anything too far. Right now as it stands with some guilds not trading or buffing TBA members I will still make implants for anyone who asks if I am not busy or buff them if i am not busy for the exception of people who have made it to my blacklist (but thats another story).

The Trade/Buff ban on TBA for example is pretty ridiculous considering that a majority of people in TBH don't even RP. Why make these peoples lives difficult because you want to RP and they don't. It's like saying "I am suffering you have to suffer aswell". Not everyone RP which makes situations confusing and even volatile at times. Because person_01 asking for the buff will get mad because person_02 refuses to buff them because there is a Trade/Buff ban on that persons guild and/or organization. So person_01 may get nasty or upset at person_02.

There has to be a point where people should know when to stop it. I myself play this game to have some fun with friends and just kill stuff together and advance my character. Not to deal with in-game politics. I deal with enough of that in Real Life.

And just for the record why hold the Trade/Buff ban still if the TBA Strike when it was never authorized by the TBA. I have made a statement about what Tisantous did and how it was never supported by the TBA.
    Last edited by Rez-SN; Mar 6th, 2002 at 13:14:40.

Mech Engi 750 - Elec Engi 878 - Quantum FT 687 - Weapon Smt 806 - Nano Prog 903 *unbuffed*

Engineer of Silent Night

Why do I get the feeling that you're the one taking it too far?

Following the leader is what its all about in guild life. Did these offenders happen to be someone on the other side in the war with you? If so, there really isn't any reason for them to help you.

NV

what does this have to do with RPing? Couldn't they just be *******s?

Or maybe it's him? I mean two completely unrelated events on which he got 1 booted from a group and 2 was told not to be buffed. I dunno, that's just the impression I got.

Nanovirus mind telling me how I am taking roleplaying too far?
    Last edited by Rez-SN; Mar 6th, 2002 at 13:15:21.

Mech Engi 750 - Elec Engi 878 - Quantum FT 687 - Weapon Smt 806 - Nano Prog 903 *unbuffed*

Engineer of Silent Night

I'm sorry, but being someone who roleplays and is, almost, always in character, I have to say this sounds less like a roleplaying encounter and more of a rude-people encounter.

And, as far as a roleplaying server... from the way the devs have described their idea of the game, you are on the roleplaying server. What they should have, following your logic, is a "hack and slash, no story, maybe with PVP" server. Not wholly a bad thing, mind you.

If you try playing a RPG, I hate to tell you this, you will run into roleplayers, though, again, this dosen't like a roleplaying encounter.
    Tuxx - Grid Freak and Closed System Poison Pill, Black Sheep of SRS and Proprietor of The Neon Zebra
    Domu - Lotus on Water, Member of House SRS
    Neon Zebra: A gathering place for the roleplaying community.

I can't think of anything worse than just a hack and slash server. The game world is unpopulated enough(I see no purpose to Rubi-Ka 2). If you bought this game for fighting you really bought the wrong game. Sometimes I even find fighting boring.
    The game is a roleplaying game if you don't like a world where people act thier charachters why are you palying this game?

Nobody owes anybody anything. If you make friends with people in passing, you generally have a lot less to worry about for grouping, getting buffs, and dealing with rude people.

You might want to manage expectations a little better. Some people are asses, and just remember, they don't owe you anything anyway. Just add them to the black list for future reference.

I ran into the same thing last night when I politely asked someone for some implant help. I was 10 points short of being able to make an implant that required 500 NP, and politely asked for assistance. They guy never responded at all. I had even hit him with a high QL humidity extractor prior to asking and he said thanks. I chose to brush it off and I simply asked a friend to help me out. Problem solved. The guy made the no help, no buff list. Its really not a big deal.

Like you said, its just a game... Why sweat it?

Altaire

My apologies, my temper got the best of me.

Sorry

Engineer of Silent Night

No buff due to....

Just one thing, you were not buffed because the person who would have buffed you was from Great Paladine Core. The GPC has put a trade/buff ban on TBA. Talk to YOUR superiors for the reason why.

Several other guilds are doing so as well.

The person who wouldn't buff me isn't in GPC, but thanks for playing.
    Last edited by Rez-SN; Mar 6th, 2002 at 12:52:16.

Engineer of Silent Night

HEY firestormxs2,
    Rember me from from ROMPA BAR last night. I was one of the "disrespectful" people you had asked to leave. Ok so sue me what the hell happened in there. I wasn't being an ass on purpose i was just really confused as to what was goin on.
    That was my first attempt in 3 weeks to try the "social" side of the game. Hell i really thought it was just npc's doing an "event", and we could have little to no interaction in it.