Thread: Lopwrath: The Journey Begins (Chapter 5)

Post Lopwrath: The Journey Begins (Chapter 5)

Click here to read the first chapter of Lopwrath
    Click here to read the second chapter of Lopwrath
    Click here to read the third chapter of Lopwrath
    Click here to read the fourth chapter of Lopwrath

---

Ross stared out of the oversized window that filled the wall at the back of his office. He looked out at the urban wasteland of Omni-1, a true triumph of Omni engineering, a jungle of concrete and steel that stretched as far as the eye can see. As he looked down below, people running around on the streets carried on with their normal lives on Rubi-Ka, well, as normal as their life could be on Rubi-Ka.

"Sir?"

Ross turned around to address one of his more trusted employees.

"Sir I err, well the press have been all over this beast that was spotted yesterday Sir. A young girl went missing yesterday Sir, too young to be safely insured yet. The press have linked these stories together Sir, and, well... They blame you."

Ross sighed.

"Tell me what you see when you look out into Omni-1."

"Sir surely this is more-"

"Just tell me."

"Very well Sir. I see a masterpiece of human teamwork and industrial magnificence."

"This world has changed since we terraformed it. What do you think? Was this planet better off being left alone, completly worthless and destroying itself in its own anti-natural storms? Or is this planet better now that we have manipulated it to suit our needs, killing each other in the process?"

"That is a very difficult question Sir..."

Ross' eyes narrowed as he glared outside his window into the metropolis. He wasn't sure whether he felt anger against his own creation or not. If he had left Rubi-Ka alone... Would his daughter still be alive?

Ross wiped his eyes as they began to sting.

"Sir, maybe this isnt a good time"

"No it isnt, please leave"

Ross slowly lowered himself into his chair and placed his head in his arms.

"Sir, are you Ok?"

"I said leave!"

The assistant swiftly left the room, leaving Ross alone by himself. He took one last look out the window as the sun dissapeared behind a building, plunging the room into darkness. Ross put his head back in his arms, and quietly cried.

---

"Really? You want me to do that? Me?"

Ineof did a little dance around the room with excitment, Vert watching him with confusment.

"Yes, we think you are the man for the job, Inoef. We have been keeping a close eye on your progress, and we knew something like this would come up eventually. We need you to start immediatly."

"Yes Sir! Right away Sir!"

"Goodbye Ineof, and good luck."

Ineof placed the phone back on the reciever.

"What was that all about then?" Vert, who was still confused, inquired his friend.

"I have been asked by one of Mr. Silverstone's assistants to go and find out exactly what that thing we just saw on the TV was."

"That doesn't sound like something the Sentinal's would be interested with..."

"Either way, we better make a move, I have already agreed to it now, and you are coming with me."

"Of course, I wouldn't let a poor helpless engineer go outside without his trusty best friend slayerdroid now would I?"

Vert chuckled to himself, he loved teasing Ineof about the fact that engineers were only good at holding pistols, which they in fact weren't very good themselves.

"Hey, us engineers are quite capable of defending ourselves if we need to."

Ineof walked over to the large cupboard under his stairs and pulled out his shiny new set of Carbonum armour which he bought only a few days ago. It was tough to put on, but once it was on he felt much safer and more comfortable. He then pulled out a small box from under the stairs, and took an original electronicum out of it, with a lot of ammo which he kept in his inventory.

"Lets go Vert."

---

"Where... Where am I? I want my mummy!"

A small girl awoke, in darkness and fright, unaware of her surroundings. Her eyes stung, but she could just about see. She slowly rose to her feet, clinging on tight to her blanket which she always carried with her. Her head was spinning, and she couldn't walk in a straight line. It smelt... Musty...

She tripped over a small stone, and landed face flat on the floor. As she turned over she saw that she was lying face to face along side a skeleton, its hollow eye sockets focused on her face, its bony grin almost laughing at her fright. As she screamed, she jumped to her feet and realised that there was another skeleton, and another very large skeleton, and another smaller one secluded amongst many blue crystals.

"Mummy? Daddy? Where am I?"

As she began to sob, she heard a deep growl behind her.
    She turned around slowly, her eyes pouring with water, but she knew she had to see what was behind her.
    When she turned around, she screamed, but never finished her breath.

---

Ross clutched his head in agony, and gritted his teeth. A sudden shapr pain bolted through his brain, something was wrong. The pain was getting worse, he was having visions.

A flash of blood
    A quick picture of large teeth appeared in his mind,
    And another of a blood stained torn up blanket.

OOC:
    Chapter 5... Im sorry it took such a long time to be delivered... This story is getting a hard ordeal to write, but I won't give up easily. My readers support is the only thing that keeps me writing, so let me know you are supporting me by replying
    I have tried to recreate the intensity that was experienced by many readers in chapters 1 and 2... I hope I have done this... Please let me know.

Chapter 6 coming soon.
    Halouk - 205 Atrox Eng RK2
    Goodbye AO. I'll miss ya.
    Guide to Engineers in Society.

Dear Diary...
    Eng lft Part 2
    Yes I'm biased.

<<Bye everyone>>

Another killer story bro, youve really got a knack for writing.

We gotta keep writing to show up all these geezers, right?

Im looking forward to the next one man.

-Prez

Wow! I must say, this is a really, really, really nice story man!

Keep it coming

~Killa~
    My Characters!

Jamison "Thakilla5" Dartt 200 Martial Artist
    Proud Member of The Dojo
    "Swiftrush" 70 Agent

Thanks Thakilla, the only reason I write this story is to entertain the few readers I get lol
    Halouk - 205 Atrox Eng RK2
    Goodbye AO. I'll miss ya.
    Guide to Engineers in Society.

Dear Diary...
    Eng lft Part 2
    Yes I'm biased.

<<Bye everyone>>

Just a friendly bump!

Everyone should read this! Very good story!

~Killa~
    My Characters!

Jamison "Thakilla5" Dartt 200 Martial Artist
    Proud Member of The Dojo
    "Swiftrush" 70 Agent

Again, very nicely written. Honestly, no, it's not as intense as the first two. But that's most likely because it's filling in backstory/motivation. Not as action packed. Can't wait for the next installment! Thank you.
    Randome. Proud General of Link Dead, a mercenary organization. Available for assistance with blitzing, raiding, tower defense, etc. Send a tell to any of our members for more info.

Thumbs up

Great work as always. Keep it up!