Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bump for team pvp

I have done this a few times with my guild, even though no points for kills were there, it was still good fun.

So what's the deal with PvP while teamed? As I see it here, when you are teamed, it is impossible for you to GAIN points, even if you do the most damage, but you can still LOSE points, and OTHER people can gain points from killing you?

Is this true? Someone who knows, please respond. I sure don't.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

I think you can lose title points when you are teamed but you cant gain em. But who really knows?? I don't think even FC does to be honest.

PvP is a crapshoot, I just know that team pvp is fun.

I just know that team pvp is fun.
    /agree but risk without reward seems dumb.

If I do the most damage I should get credit. I say that and I care less about titles than a lot of people.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer

You can lose titles while teamed.

My MA lost his fresh after a gangbanging in 2ho. Man... that so fun though... "The enemy is here!" "Help me!"

Damnit, group PvP baby!
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

Question

I'm still new to the game but I do plan to join the pvp part of the game. I don't have any plans to pvp solo(if that's possible). I want to be apart of a team or guild. So far I like to play 4 different classes equally Crat, Adventurer(for morphs), Engineer, and Agent. what one would the most useful/fun to a team? can you guys post what the use for each of these classes in a pvp team/guild?
    To be old and wise. You must first be young and stupid. Written by unknown

Xadu RK1

Guys, we need to start bumping this again.

The fact that you can lose but not gain title points in a team only encourages solo PvP/zone hugging/all the crap that goes on today.

This can only do good things for pvp in this game as it stands today.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer

Since team titles are not in, the full notion of team PvP has to be initiated by the players currently...and hopefully Funcom will get to it someday.

Funcom has the true power to fix 75% patches in PvP zones, give group PvP titles, etc.

As for player actions, perhaps we can start organizing huge PvP battles to have fun. Has anyone ever seen the elevated base areas in 4 holes...damn I always wanted to have a nice rumble in an area like that.

Bad thing is, there are too many title/zone huggers out there, that many would not want to even consider something like this.

I might start a poll here to see who would be interested in such a thing.

Man... why do everyone think that a high title tells something about how good ur in PvP? Damn there is some aprent's that i consider a LOT better and a lot more fun to fight then i.e a sertain Neo soldier witch i dont even think would hit top 10 if the comunity was to rank the top 10 pvp'ers on rk-1.

Aberic, Mrink, Noer, Etin, Mantr and a cpl more would be on my top 10 list

Regards,

Fryli

hehe low title just means you are feared a lot more in pvp. A non-titled killing a novice bongs a lot of pvp-points from the novice.

I have thought about getting ganked all the way back to no title just to do it. ;>
    ~Lone

Originally posted by Noer
    A non-titled killing a novice bongs a lot of pvp-points from the novice.

I have thought about getting ganked all the way back to no title just to do it. ;>
    Me too!!
    haha title sux
    Euphorie 200 Trader RK1
    DrAlban 130+ Doctor RK1

you can always run to zone or have 10000 people for backup like the self-claimed best pvper neo-chicken does.
    Then you can keep your title and brag about how good you are to the newbies.

hehhe

Originally posted by Noer
    hehe low title just means you are feared a lot more in pvp. A non-titled killing a novice bongs a lot of pvp-points from the novice.

i did exactly that a while ago

the people who remember killing me over and over for a few days will remember

here trollie trollie where are you I have some crumbs for you.

I posted this in Dankman's congrats thread in response to what others posted there, but then deleted it as I didn't want to pollute that thread any more. So here it is, more on topic:

Rember about a week ago we had some claner in 2HO were about 14 of them and team of doc soldier soldier trader and someone esle could easely take them out, and thre were soldeir soldeir doc and trader, but no one wanted to team becasue THEY DONT GET POINTS while teamed. And so pathetic seeing people cary so much about some title and not working to drive enemy from our base.
    Teams are the most horrible and messed up thing about this game. Teaming should be encouraged, not discouraged.

As far as we can tell, correct me if I'm wrong, but this seems to be the consensus:

• No Title Gain from Team kills, even if you do the most damage
    • It's impossible to make people LOSE title if you kill them while you are in a team and they aren't.
    • You LOSE title points if you are in a team and are killed my a non-teamed player

PvP is going to always be dominated by people who want titles. Why? Lets be honest with here, it's nice to have whatever title in front of your name. The way things are set up, it's definitely NOT conducive to team play ever, unless the things above are cleared up.

Anyway, this is just food for thought, I'm stating the obvious I know.

But if you guys want to do team PvP, start to set an example. 3 of us teamed and killed a certain 175+ trader in Omni Arena the other day, she didn't run, that was commendable. We definitely had the advantage because we were in teams. If she had friends along in a team as wel, we would have died horribly . It was a hell of a lot more fun for us to work in a team, if only because it was the only way we had a chance of winning the battle
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer

Bump
    Just get rid of titles (the names all mean beginner anyway).

People would engage in combat a lot more even if they knew they probably would not win. Too many people bolt to the zone when they feel there is a 2% chance of getting killed.

People would group a lot more.
    Undercover Soccom Brother

Blackness confirmed!!
    Welcome to the Brotherhood.

Buying ql 161 Art of Peace nano

Originally posted by Arinia

/agree but risk without reward seems dumb.

If I do the most damage I should get credit. I say that and I care less about titles than a lot of people.

. No offense but your pretty lame. this isn't about pure damage in teams. it is about orginization, and having a good team. if your 6 enforcers are in a fight and well you all do alot of damage whoopty do, but well not everyone can be over equiped like agents, traders and enforcers.

What about us docs who focus on healing. we never are supposed to get titles? just cause we do less damage?

I don't know, but my sugestion is that in team PvP you get points for the level you kill, If it is lower, then you get less, If higher you get more. so a level 100 crat, kills a level 75 crat. he gets 1 point, then that same level 100 kills a level 150 he gets 15 points. then he kills a 200, he gets 20 points.

This would make it rewarding to hunt higher levels.

to work this in team, each person splits the points. and you can hold 2 diffrent titles. Solo and Team titles. it only would show the one you are higher in. the titles should be diffrent also. Do an expert for team. start with novice, then goto beginner, then expert, then skilled, then master? something like that

Salve1

No offense but your pretty lame.
    Yup, thats me! I'm a Lamer!

Anyway, you missed the whole point of the post. As long as there are some kind of team titles people are going to want to team PvP.

It pains me to see 3 omni, 3 clan in MMD, all with titles, all afraid to enter the 25% because they a) can't team and b) don't want to lose title. Something needs to be done about this. Points for team fights, in any form, is a start.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast