Thread: The tedium of implant shopping

The tedium of implant shopping

What I want to know is this:

Why is it that the Ql level of clusters and implants seem to be so random in all the shops. I have been attempting to get hold of ql 110 clusters. I managed to find a few ql 110 implants, but the clusters are all different levels, in all the different shops.
    Why is it that you can never seem to find exactly the ql levels you're looking for! There seems to be no point to this feature other than to irritate and bore you, what exactly is the point of this?

There needs to be a far wider range of quality levels for implants and clusters in all the shops in my opinion!

I hand no problem finding all the QL 125ish clusters I needed. I even could buy the QL 125 implants there. Found all but 2 of the clusters I needed in one superior shop. Found the other 2 in the other.

After QL 125 it gets even harder. You have to mission for QL 165 or whatever Implants. Then either mission for the shining implants you need or drop 500K on them in the shops when/IF they come up.

After all that you have to find one of the 5 people who can actually put them together. weeeeee.

how about...

Why can't they just call the clusters by their own names? Why should I have to open a webpage or print something out so I can see the "Cluster of Matter Creation" is really the Cluster of Matter Creation. (This was an easy one...some of them are really obscure)
    Keep it simple! This game is complicated enough as it is for newbs.

I also love how implants found in missions have crap like Melee Init. and Rifle already in them.

"No wonder I capped this guy. He was using stupid implants!"

Least make the crap ones we find in missions "viable"

moocher...

you can use clusters that are higher QL's in your implants and up to 20% lower than your implants. You do not have to find exact QL clusters to match your implants to make them work.

Re: moocher...

Originally posted by ShaZamm
    you can use clusters that are higher QL's in your implants and up to 20% lower than your implants. You do not have to find exact QL clusters to match your implants to make them work.
    I thought it was only 10% lower.

Hmmm

20% I beleive is correct.

You shouldnt have a hard time finding clusters near hte range of 110. Try to find ones about QL 100 and you will be fine. They will work for your implants. Saves some cash too.

Just my two bits. I had no problems finding QL 125 or 110 for my chars.

AFter that.. ugh. hehe life sucks to get new ones.
    Shattered Dreams
    http://www.shattereddreams.org

It's 15% exactly, rounded up.

I was making a QL90 implant and cluster with QL76 didn't fit, but QL77 did.

Or the lower limit gets wider with higher QL implants. Could it be?

cluster hunting

I don't remember what patch increased the amount of clusters in shops, but cluster hunting is at least ten times easier than it was.
    I can remember spending days looking for one or two clusters, and now I never have to look for more than an hour or two.
    A couple laps around trade is all it usually takes, and I'm amazed at how often I find them in the first shop or two. For those that
    weren't playing before the patch, you wouldn't believe how much better it is now!