Thread: Help needed

Help needed

I write a little story about my Friend Mysticfixer

She was born in West Athen 22 years ago, and was raised by very loving family. When she reached age of 15, she had to see the horrible tragedy what was done by the OT terrorists.. her family was brutaly killed, and no one knows the reason why that had to happend. After that tragedy she was raised in Varmint Woods by her uncle. About 2 years ago she married with a nice Solitus male, and they had 2 kids. Life was doing fine, they had really nice appartment in Old Athen and both had good job's. but 2 months ago her husband and kids disapeared... now she have quit her job to find kids and missing husband all over Rubi-Ka. She has sold everything that she owns to get money to her journey.. So im asking you people out there, if you can and want to help her, every financial help is welcome.

Best Regards

Engineer Janinax from guild [TBH]
    Rubi-Ka 1

So, OT killed your friend's family for... errm... no reason.

Seriously, OT's a company, it cares about its bottom line. Randomly killing entire families of clanners (except for one survivor - funny how that always happens) is a waste of time and resources that could be more profitably spent elsewhere. If you really want to help your friend, I'd suggest that you do some digging into the background of her family. I strongly suspect that somewhere along the line you'll find out that one or more of them was involved in activities which hurt OT's profit margin badly enough for them to bother with the cost, fuss and general bad PR of sending a kill team out to resolve the problem. Must have been quite a determined thorn in their side too, for the usual system of threats and blandishments to fail.

Alternatively, look to the clans themselves. OT cares first and foremost about the bottom line, but the clans are fighting to determine who runs Rubi-Ka once OT's lease runs out. Consequently, half the time they're at each others' throats. If a family member was enough of a problem that OT might have taken violent action against them, it's equally likely that a political rival somewhere in the clans might be to blame.

Sorry, but I've heard this "OT murdered my hamster!" story too often to take it at face value any more...

Cheers,

~R~

There were several investigations about those cruel murders, but they never catch the criminals. Every leads what clanners got was directly pointed to OT organisation ( name wont be published ). Reasons are bit mysterious, but we have few clues that it has to do something about political backround of her family.
    There wont be any actions directly to that organisation yet, but vengeance will someday see the daylight.

Originally posted by Soyuz
    ... Randomly killing entire families of clanners ... a waste of time and resources that could be more profitably spent elsewhere....
    Quite correct, there is a (usually financial) reason for these killings. It may however be very hard to find this reason without access to some quite unobtainable piece of information. Thus, it becomes "for no reason".

... Sorry, but I've heard this "OT murdered my hamster!" story too often to take it at face value any more...
    Also correct. It could even be some horrible clan plot to make OT look even worse than usual. Not a very likely option, but there none the less. Most likely, as you stated, someone did not knuckle under to OT.

... (except for one survivor - funny how that always happens) ...
    Actually, it is not so surprising that these stories with a single survivour occur so often. After all, when no one survives, it will be portrayed as a "gang-related crime" in the press. If only one or two people get killed, it will be called "a random murder".

All in all, Janinax, if you need help in getting information to catch these criminals, please let me know.

Jokser.
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

[start message]

Your bogus claims against the company offends us.

You show us proof, and well show you justice.

There have been many a cases just like this one- that is, involving a clanner making fake claims against the company.

If you can prove the, eh...heart breaking deaths of these individuals, we will send you a moderate relief check.

This IS war afterall, clanner, but us kindly people at Omni-Tek Incorporated still...sympathize...for the loss of lives, be it in or outside of the company.

Your complaint has been filed and sent to Omni-HQ. Expect a response within 24 hours, clanner.

Goodbye.

[end message]
    Last edited by Prezidential; May 17th, 2003 at 16:55:45.

I can give you detailed proof cause the investigation isnt finished yet, but i can reveal something what we have.
    West Athen security cams show us that the murderers had OT organisation marks in their robes ( organisation wont be named ).
    We have several WA residents who saw their faces, and we have matched them to known OT criminals in Clan database. there is lots of more evidence but we cant tell anymore about this issue cause we are afraid that OT Spy's try to destroy them. This isnt conserning innocent OT organisations, but the guilty ones.. beware.. you may not see tomorrow.

Update: after first message, we have got some info about missing persons.. after several investigations we have found out that they have been kidnapped. If you have any info about this one. please inform us. Any help is appreciated to get them home safely.

OOC: sorry my bad english

A "Clan database of OT criminals"? I laugh. Given the attitude of most Clanners, your "database" is probably an alphabetical employee directory.

Clanners crying "Ot murder" harkens back to an old piece of Earth history - the Salem Witch Trials. The accusation of "witchcraft" was used to eliminate one's political enemies. Now, all you have to do to get away will killing your fellow Clanners is wear your stolen OT gear, and no one will ever suspect you.

If OT was responsible for all of the murders they're accused of, they'd never have time to mine notum.