Thread: Solution to alot of the pvp bs :D

Solution to alot of the pvp bs :D

I have thought of some things wich could make the whole pvp thing a little better, check it out :

1. Different hardcap on ranged weapons like
    Shotgun = 20m
    Assault rifle = 35m
    Rifle = 40m

I dont mind getting uber damage if its on close range, i mean a shotgun would hurt, but not at "max range", u would be unlucky to even be hit. Furthermore it would bring a little pleasure back to beeing agent.

2. Prof restriction on some weapons like assault rifle = soldier only.
    Reason is they have plenty specials and not anyone should be allowed that powerfull alphastrike....

3. Make critbuff selfonly, would help the MA's feel better ;D

4. Implement a PvPmeter like XPmeter, so u had better clue as where ur title went. That would help peeps PvP more freely. I worked damn hard for my novice title and i dont wanna loose it. If i knew i could die some without loosing it i would be much more willing to take chances etc.

5. i have loads of other stuff i cant remember at 6am, over and out.

n0 way

if they make Crit buffs self only no ma will ever get into a team again.

If they fix the MAs damage in 13.9 here they will.

Not bad ideas fopus. Currently most shotguns have longer ranges than assault rifles tho (in the game of course, not RL). Might want to just hardcap Assault rifles and shotguns at the same distance or traders will get a little uppity.

The MA crit buff should be self only and only effect the chance to crit with melee based weapons. Weapon users have LLTS for their crits, and they should be ranged weapon only.

not melee only

no the critbuff should also work on the ranged weapon, that way the agent would have something, his slowass rifle could hit hard

Unhappy NO

Dont give assualt rifle 35 m already bad enough people using Cheespoint Laser kill people with fling, burst , full auto instant chain.

I know what you are up to fopus =] You just don't want to run from those traders anymore!

That's why I said melee only. Agents can still do fine without the crit buff, you can slap on a nice LLTS. Mikebond started a similar thread somewhere.

I'd rather they just expanded range than nurf others ranges to suit the current range situation.

Anyway your rifle isn't that slow, same as a nova really, or a gamma beamer or a shotgun at your level. At lower levels yes it's slower but not at yours.

Heck you still have the meta pets =]

lol mp pets

everyone knows that the mp pets are completely useless in a pvp situation
    and shotguns shoots much faster, go check the stats on Ithaca dude.
    and FC already stated 40 is the max to secure there wont be buggs due to viewdistance etc..
    Last edited by fopus; Mar 2nd, 2002 at 07:43:36.

Ya, I have a few ithicas, going to put one on my NT till i can get the 200 Flash Point on. It's 1.3 or so on the recharge and attack, and I know most rifles are 2.5 recharge. I think they should just increase the rifle crit damage to something as good as if not better than a 2.5 shotgun like the vecktor, maybe even a little better since the vektor has almost the same range (5 m less for the vektor, big deal tho with LLTS and range scope) and checks duck.

The problem is crit damage was too nurfed for agents, and at the same time crits are far too common in PVP for everyone.

I know MP pets are slow healers, I was making a funny.

About the range thing, I saw their statement and also saw that they agreed it was a cheep solution that they would address when they had more resources. I really hope they do get around to it because the current ranges in game are just kind of silly. 35m for a rifle? Come on, those are pistol ranges. Why is it that 36,000 years of weapon evolution gives a sniper rifle less range than a BOW.

Instead of making the MAs crit buffs good for weapons they could add some agent only scopes with better crit chances than basic LLTS.

And It's not that I don't benefit A LOT from crits myself, heck at 122 with my soldier I have nearly an 800 attack rating with my plants, I crit any 100ish character with EVERY SHOT when I have UVC running.
    Last edited by Nichola_Six; Mar 2nd, 2002 at 20:00:00.