Thread: Story Missions. When ?

Question Story Missions. When ?

Unless my memory is completely scrambled, someone once said that missions from mission booths would be connected to the story and have some, however small, impact on it.

The current random missions are something I only do because I need the money. Actually being able to affect the society we play in, by successfully completing missions, would add a lot to the fun.

Some missions could be parts of surveillance, sabotage, rescue etc tied in to the current episode.

I also dream of larger team oriented, difficult missions issued by the more important characters in-game.

Smuggling for Eleena, odd jobs for high placed council members ( I'm Clan. Surely Omni can think of some mission types as well )

Particularly difficult, long winded missions that take a long time to complete, might even possibly tie your character into the story ( brief mention in a story text as a certain event is completed by you or your team ). Some missions might give handsome rewards. Some only give experience or fame. However, if the word of your deeds becomes public, it will of course have the potential of making yourself a target for assassination missions from the opposite side.

What do others think about this ? What would you like to see ?

True

Well, when I first found out about AO and the missions (way before AO actually came out) I remember imagining being an Agent (which I am) and getting missions to kill other actual players or get into some building to get some information or plans and other spy sort of stuff. Well, it has been long since AO came out, I am an Agent and so far all I was getting is saving some power plant from the same time of sabotage 5 times a day. Please! I've actually seen 1 new mission type that i never seen before and it does sounds like it could be a story mission, but I am not sure weather it is and how important would it be. Besides, if I can get it than millions of others can get it, so who will get the fame for completing it? The first one who suceeds? Well, I've seen that mission in that booth for 3 days now so weather nobody yet completed it (I personally failed 4 times already), nobody except me knows about it (how realistic is that), FC assinged this mission individually to me (like that's ever gonna happen) or it was completed a thousand times before and it means just as much as all the other missions in the game.
    Major Shadowolf Marone
    Blade Corp
    "Leading mercenery organization in the Galaxy!"
    Position - CEO
    Rank - Major

Personal quote:
    "Your advertisement could be here"

Story missions?

*eyes bag*
    You wanted these missions, eh?
    Never!!

*runs away cackling madly, brandishing Dev Team logo*

----

So I'm bored, kill me.
    Pilker, OmniTek Fixer and Happy Traveller.

Root and Run - It's a way of life.