Thread: Gregorvich's bold escape.

Gregorvich's bold escape.

"Here, Lucille, I got eyes for yeh finally!" Gregorvich hummed to himself as he tinkered with his beloved robot, Lucille. He had slowly and painstakingly constructed her from thrown out parts of machinery at his workplace, a factory that manufactured various types of equipment for use in OmniTek medical facilities.

Lucille stared at him dully with her new visual scanners. Gregorvich smiled and patted her head, which rang with a metallic ding with each pat. "You're a beautiful piece of work, Lucille, if I do say so myself. Now I'm ready for some dinner. I don't suppose you'd fancy something?" Gregorvich laughed to himself and began puttering around the stove.

It wasn't an easy life being an Atrox. His clumsy attempts at romance with women were usually met with scorn and derision. He'd had quite the build up of frustration when he'd begun working on Lucille. Somehow she made him feel better. He had put all of his love and devotion into the bot, and somehow he felt that she would prove to be the best, smartest robot ever made.

Someone knocked on the door. "Who would it be at this hour? I don't get visitors..." Gregorvich strode to the front of his small apartment and opened the door a crack. "What do yeh want?"

A small man in a dark suit stood outside. "Good evening, Gregorvich, this is just a small informal visit." "Informal..? Who are you? Where are you from?" The man smiled, and Gregorvich felt his heart sink somewhere below his knees. This guy was Omnitek, and if he was here just for chitchat, Gregorvich would eat his hat. If he had a hat.

"Not going to invite me in? I would like to have a seat, take the weight off if you will. It's been a long day for me, and I would like to get this over with." "Get this.. over with?"

The man casually swung open the door all the way and strode into the hallway. Gregorvich stood their gaping. "Let's cut the crap. I've been getting reports over the past several months of missing equipment. Now the odd petty theft is known to occur, but there seemed to be a strange regularity to this. Not to mention the similarity in the types of parts stolen. There is footage on several of our security cameras, Gregorvich; footage that shows you swiping various goods from OmniTek premises. You have been stealing from your own workplace, Gregorvich. Anything to say for yourself? You do know that theft is a criminal offense, right?"

"It, I.." Gregorvich stammered nervously. "It was just garbage, sir. It was being thrown out anyway, I didn't see the use in letting it all go to waste.." He stared down at his hands. This was bad, very bad.

"It was OMNITEK garbage! As such it is for OmniTek to decide where it goes and what they do with it. It is not to be pilfered by some halfwitted atrox!" The man glared up at Gregorvich. He spun on his heel and began walking toward the living room. Gregorvich ran after him and grabbed his arm.

"You uh. .you can't trespass without permission! That's eh.. that's illegal!" The man took out a badge and waved it in front of Gregorvich's face. "The name is T. Wilkerson, I am a deputy in charge of petty crimes and vandalism in the district of Omni 1 Entertainment and I say I have permission. Let me through or be arrested."

CONTINUED----

Gregorvich heard cold, derisive laughter as Wilkerson strode into the living room. "What is this piece of junk? This is the crappiest looking excuse for a robot I've ever seen! This your handiwork, Gregorvich?" There was a clanging noise. Gregorvich ran into the living room. Wilkerson was kicking Lucille in the side. "What are you doin? Are you mad, man? Hands off of her!"

Wilkerson sneered. "Her? Oh no, did I put a dent in your girlfriend?" "I'll put a dent in yer head, you undersized guppy!"
    Gregorvich dashed at Wilkerson and grabbed him in a chokehold. They struggled for a moment and then stopped. "You hear something?" "I don't know.."

"MALFUNCTION RESETTING PRIMARY AND SECONDARY OBJECTIVES--- GUARD PERIMETER ---ESTABLISH COMMUNICATIONS--"

"Lucille! You can speak!!" Gregorvich dropped Wilkerson to the floor and ran over and hugged Lucille's thin metallic frame.
    Lucille's eyes seemed to blink. Gregorvich was so caught up in the emotion of the moment, he didn't realize Wilkerson had moved until he felt the cold, hard barrel of a gun shoved into the side of his head.

"You, up now. Get away from the machine." Gregorvich backed away slowly. "This stolen piece of OmniTek equipment is going back with me, to be properly disposed of."

"You can't destroy her," Gregorvich said, his throat clenching shut. "She's mine, I made her, it was just garbage.."

Wilkerson grabbed Lucille around the middle and attempted to drag her across the floor. "Heavy thing for being so small and crappy.." Lucille blinked and stared at the wall. Wilkerson somehow managed to get her to the front door, where he was struggling to yank her through and somehow kept banging her head on the doorframe. There was a slight whirring noise.

"---HOSTILE ENTITY ENCOUNTERED COUNTERMEASURES INITIATED---"

"Aaaaaaagghh!!"

Gregorvich dashed to the front door in time to see Wilkerson go flying through the air and land in a tangle on the pavement some 20 yards away.

"That's my girl! Oh no, you just assaulted an OmniPol officer! We eh.. we better leave. Come along then!"

"--FOLLOW COMMAND RECEIVED---FOLLOWING--"

(the end)

-
    Last edited by Savoy; May 14th, 2003 at 23:34:39.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Yay! I was really worried they'd tale Lucille away.

The world can never have enough robot stories, well at least that's what I think :-)
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

((They CAN'T take Lucille away! I mean, it's... it's *Lucille*!

Nice little story - almost like a fairy tale, in fact. Is there gonna be more?))
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

oh there might be more I just had a lot of fun writing that ... and yes there really is a Gregorvich, atrox engineer out there running around