Thread: Bring back Crowd Control

Bring back Crowd Control

I'm sure im not the only one with these problems with the problems invovled when theres too many people in an area.

The simple reason why we need crowd control is that if theres too many people in a field all your actions have a long delay. This is bad because if youre getting area rooted and kels you cant free yourself in any way and it would basically mean unpreventable death because none of your nanos are getting executed.

Commonly under a lot of lag not only are your nanos not being cast, but you get hit by something which i call lag hits. someone hits u with damage but the damage doesnt get implemented immediately because of sync problems. In one moment you're fine and in the next second you get spammed by damage messages causing unpreventable death.

Either bring back the last Crowd Control which warped people into another zone or zone them into a les corwded area thats still under 25% so they can still fight. Crowd Control is a necessary evil and it without it, the situation is biased against professions who are nano dependent. It causes many frustrated deaths because of sync problems and basically reduces the game to a frustrating waiting game.
    Necrofiliak -200 NT

This was highlighted to me last night at two omni tower defences , on my 170 doc , it was taking upwards of sixty seconds at times to actually get a response , that coupled with the fact I was lagging so bad I ran into a bunch of the 75% gas camping lvl 200 "clan gank squad" ("owned" eh, yeah ,one 170 doc vs how many lvl 200s ?). This means the game is now unplayable to me . Before i get the "upgrade" flames , I run on a p4 3gig 1024meg ram Alienware pc and was on a broadband connection . It was funny though , when the ark who showed up to my petition (is the game supposed to be this unplayable ?) lagged badly , got repeatedly attacked by the "clan gank squad" and went ld .
    Anyone else feel this way ?
    Tinicarri - small gimp soli in a trox enfs game

Genaetor - "wow you leveled a nanomage doc , bet you regret that now" sheesh

Mallorey 60 rogue Medivh - Elfs forevah !
    Likitey 60 mage Medivh - Undead Powa !
    Anarchy Online , something I did for a while

Hi,

no offence but no way in hell I would accept the old CC. Most players wanted the CC away since:
    #1 - you get all time LOS. You cant attack as caster profession any person. You have to "lucky" think that one ranged profession (like a soldier) attack and do /assist
    #2 - you get CC'd to "god knows where you are" and you are in a de-suspression which you get ganked multible times
    #3 - you get wraped to a zone where is most likely 2 borderzones away of the towerbattle = sucky
    #4 - on a high quality area you have near no chacne to fight with 30 guys since u have to take down teh towers plus teh defenders (when u attack). That means in fact you have to get like 10l soda or water or beer and enjoy your day.

And yes I know how you feel tini ,) -- I play a Nt and I have to lower all resolutions, all grafic settings all range settings to play. Still when I run into the mass my pc has to catch up the pixel. I hit my kel's key and have to frigin wait 1-2 min to get a cast. That just cant be. I must admit since CC was taken out of the game it is now more playable for me. You can muster 70 guys and do actually a good tactic.
    You saw the 80-80 yesturday ,) -- Was horrible for me too. I died after 5min I knew whats happend. Was funny ;p
    However when you consider to activate CC back again then please FC do the math before and sort some cases out. That means no damn CC wrap killing. No Wrap to 2 miles away of the action.

Just my .02,
    --Tibs
    Apprentice Pnh "Tibanna" Dispencer
    200 Nano-Technican

Experienced Notself "Mswarm" Buffed
    210 Doctor

-Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But is was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother- George Orwell

First in = First out.

Should be the case with CC.

Doubt it was.

Also, from the sounds of it, the warping mechanisms were less than reliable.

I miss portal storms from AC. At least then you had a good warning before being warped. lol! "Portal storm eminent, please leave the area!"
    Just because I have a metalic jaw, doesn't mean I've ever been in a 007 movie.