((OOC: I was going to post this elsewhere, but decided it was off topic for that thread. Excuse the rambling nature, guess I haven't had a good ramble for awile))

Originally posted by Nyadach

The Clans are definatly not free. Look at the nut who seized control of Tir? Look at the number of terrorist activities the Clans have done in the last year. Look what they did to there freely elected government. Freedom as it is at the moment most certainly isn't anything Clan related.
The clans are free in the near total power vaccuum, remember to pilliage before your burn, every man for himself type of free. You know, Anarchy.

Omni-Tek has a valid lease for Rubi-Ka. They have been penalized for their misconduct in the past. It's better than nothing, but it's not enough to make me follow family tradition be a good OT automaton.

Nor am I for the all out Anarchy that currently rules the Clans.

And so I'll walk the middle ground. Subject to the rules of operating a business on a planet leased by Omni-Tek. Yes, we operate in their jurisdiction, and have to at least acknowledge that. Abiding by that jurisdiction is another matter all together.

Clans do not acknowledge nor abide that jurisdiction, which is why they are the rebles they are.

Part of being neutral is seeing all sides, not ignoring them.

Am I a wayward Omni employee? If you look at my history, you could make an argument for that. Am I a Clan sympathizer? Again, you can make an argument for that too. Just depends on what side you're on.

I'd say I have the best of both worlds. On one hand, I have freedom from OT as long as I respect their jurisdiction, but not subjected to totaly anarchy, disarray, and constant battle and political infighting.

Now, that doesn't mean I will continue to respect that jurisdiction or subject myself to total anarchy...but that is a totally different issue.