Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aliens behind Enigma forest? EcoCrim investigates!

Well, there is a chance that the Medusa is species artificially created by Scientists, but to be honest, I cannot think any reason how, unless it was only women Scientists. These Medusas are aggresive(as their mythologian counterparts) only against men, but the Entvined Soldiers are aggresive against woment too.

Maybe they were created by the scientists in Jobe. Thats the only possible explanation. But, I still believe that they are "E.T`s". They seem both advanced, yet simple, as their Enigma counterparts.

They follow their myths closely, and yes, that is one of the arguments why they are created by men. But it is clear that they ARE a threat, since so many Omni Tek Soldiers has been abducted and seduced, and turned into wicked guardians of the Medusa`s. The soldiers are wearing Omni Tek Armor, with the logo on, which makes me believe this. The armor and themselves seems twisted and modified by the Medusas.

Yes, we live in a world built upon myths. Avalon, Tarasque, The Versailles Tower(Dont remember the spelling right now), Galahad and Pit Lizards all refer to the world men dreamt of before.

Did Omni Tek create Tarasque too? Why is she the only pure dragon left?

Still I choose to believe that at least, the Enigma`s and the Medusa`s dont belong to Rubi-Ka.

Keep your opinions and findings coming!
    I'm a runaway train on a broken track,
    I'm a ticker on a bomb that you can't turn back this time,
    that's right, I got away with it all and I'm still alive

It's good to see people sharing my concern and wonder, about those enigma beings.

The mystery has troubled me for a long time. I have studied them, and given samples to my (at the time) resaerch departments.

Although my work has taken me away from this puzzle, I never did find out what happened to the Special interception troops that went missing in CAV many many months ago.
    I quested all the way to Penumbra, and I didn't even get a lousy t-shirt.

Originally posted by Engelen
    Did Omni Tek create the Eremite Statues in Deep Artery Valley, the Enigma Trees and the Medusa houses? Nah, I dont think so.
    Omni-Tek gave life to a baren planet. Never said that the life Omni-Tek created wasn't intelligent enough to create statues or houses.

I dont think they are "Official" beings registered by Omni Tek.
    Omni-Tek denies most, if not all, of their creations.

But, the questions you're posing have been asked before and scientist have drawn to the following statement.

Did you know that despite the exploration of the galaxy and the colonisation of countless new worlds, there has been no sign on intelligent life outside of Earth? Scientist now believe that we are alone in this universe.
    Anyway, I wish you the best of luck proving that which the rest of the universe has given up on.

Oh my god, Dr. Log, has there been a special investigation there? These things needs to be taken care of! For all we know, there could be something out there that is more threatening than the simple conflict between Omni Tek and the Clans. We use our powers on warfare, when our biggest threat may be our planet?

Something isnt right in there. Either Omni Tek TRIED to control the areas, but didnt succeed(Hence their soldiers ended up as twisted slaves of the Medusas) and the Enigma`s are in cooperation with Special Agent Lamb.

Cemetarygate, I see your point.

But still, it is a matter I cannot stop worrying about. We dont know anything about them, their history, their goals, intentions, anything.

They could, as someone earlier poster, just live in harmony with nature.

OR..

They could be plotting on something. I will hold my mind open for suggestions and theories, so keep your eyes open.

Cemetarygate, I see your point.

But still, it is a matter I cannot stop worrying about. We dont know anything about them, their history, their goals, intentions, anything.

They could, as someone earlier poster, just live in harmony with nature.

OR..

They could be plotting on something. I will hold my mind open for suggestions and theories, so keep your eyes open.
    Those are very interesting points you pose. I know from past experience we've had to deal with threats from anuns, cyborgs, mantis, spiders and one other (name of the breed slips my mind) attacking our cities. Are these threats something the creatures of this planet have taken upon themselves to do, or something they were engineered to do?

I'm sure to keep my eyes open and will provide any addition information I may have or find. I'll also be certain to follow your work in more detail as you may very well be onto something.

Perhaps you should look at the work of the noted Adventurer Kystranova, a member of The Honored Maidens. Krystanova has made it her life’s work to document and catalog the creatures of Rubi-Ka, an effort that is difficult, given that the first creatures developed for Notum mining were engineered 759 years ago, and there has been a great deal of genetic drift coupled with unsanctioned genetic work done on both sides of the conflict by those engineers that graduated in the bottom half of the class and couldn’t get good jobs with Omni-Medical.

Her work can be found at http://beastiary.somnaterrae.org/.
    Marisha Durousseau, War Dominatrix of The Honored Maidens

Resources exist to be consumed. And consumed they will be, if not by this generation then by some future. By what right does this forgotten future seek to deny us our birthright?--CEO Nwabudike Morgan, "The Ethics of Greed"

Read Marisha's Journal, and see what she's doing

Perhaps you should look at the work of the noted Adventurer Kystranova, a member of The Honored Maidens.

Already been there, read the bottom line of my first post..

I have also read thru the whole timeline to ensure I didnt miss anything.

If you read her page, you will also find that she believes that several of the species are not created by Omni-Tek or any factions, that they are native to Rubi-Ka. Most notably, the Eremites.

You know what could be a serious crisis? If the Medusas chose to attack a city. With their singing, they can easily seduce any man, turn him from being a stout Soldier with a strong will into a lovesick helpless puppy. Not only that, but since they are very aggresive against men, an army of them could have laid waste to any town. Point, it would be a major problem if they were let loose or they expanded to populated areas.

Oh my god, Dr. Log, has there been a special investigation there? These things needs to be taken care of! For all we know, there could be something out there that is more threatening than the simple conflict between Omni Tek and the Clans. We use our powers on warfare, when our biggest threat may be our planet?

Something isnt right in there. Either Omni Tek TRIED to control the areas, but didnt succeed(Hence their soldiers ended up as twisted slaves of the Medusas) and the Enigma`s are in cooperation with Special Agent Lamb.
    There was an intensive investigation at the time, but there where complications, and lack of resources meant the investigation was underfunded and left behind.
    I quested all the way to Penumbra, and I didn't even get a lousy t-shirt.

More thoughts.

If both the Medusa, and Enigmas are aliens to Rubi-Ka (just like us, keep that in mind), and they have both seemed to settle in the middle-eastern territories of Rubi-Ka, if then a war broke loose between them, say about territorial reasons, who would win? And would the humanoids of Rubi-Ka (us) be caught in the middle, or be in the need to pick a side? Perhaps even join forces against this 3rd party threat (I don't consider them as a threat if this stays peacefull, but I believe we would be a threat to them for a possible expansion) and/or exctinction from Rubi-Ka? Clans versus Omni-Tek versus Enigmas versus Medusas, with neutrals still trapped, what would become of us?

Both the Medusa and Enigmas seem to only have a small set of settlements, Medusas along the easter borders, Enigmas in the middle, wouldn't it be logical that these are either fugitives of their own world, researchers for a greater and much larger span of civilization, or breeds in the need of expansion?
    If these civiliations has expansion in mind, wouldn't it then be logical that there would be more to come of them? If so, are we then hostile towards these breeds, wouldn't they then consider us a threat, and attempt to wipe us out?

Now about location, why would the Enigmas populate an Island so distant from the "Enigma Capitol"? Is this an outpost? Is this infact set up to keep an eye on the Medusas, or who and/or what?
    And why would the Medusa settle to a location that is so distant from any other settlement, so far away from any other breed? The Enigmas seems to co-excist with the beasts/animals of the forest, but the Medusa live alone.

At this point, I have tried to gather more information about Lamb's apprentice and thugs. All I have found out, is that there's supposed to be one Special Agent Lamb on Enigma Island. Has he, she, or it, been located? And are these people, with an Omni-Tek allignment, hostile against Omni-Tek employees? I haven't been able to test this, as I don't have any Omni-Tek employees entvined.

To sum this up, and perhaps bring in a different topic, what side would you choose? What party would you join? Are they here to teach us something? Who is Special Agent Lamb, and what is he doing on Enigma Island, and what is his connection to the Enigmas?

To answer some statements put by others, I really doubt Omni-Tek have manufactured the Enigmas and/or Medusas, as I consider them, Enigmas and Medusas, far too advance. If the Medusa was another experiment gone wrong, what are the possible motives of creating such a breed? Same goes for Enigmas, when did Omni-Tek become enviromentalists? What are the strange obilisks the Enigmas guard so well? And what are the odd platforms around the Medusa structures? Are these breeds from the Shadowlands?

Hope this didn't get too puzzling, but there are so many questions unanswered once you consider them and study something for a period of time.

I would say they are merely trying to funnel naturally occuring free-borne air roaming notum energy to their housing through some form of ancient Feng Shui type of placement of natural surroundings.

Control of the notum 'ley lines' as it were.
    Just because I have a metalic jaw, doesn't mean I've ever been in a 007 movie.

AWESOME work Cham.

I can confirm that Special Agent Lamb`s apprentice at least isnt aggresive towards Omni Employees, and neither are his/her thugs.

Let me think about your post a little bit, what you write sounds very very good. I`ll try to think of some answers.

Until then, Fare Well fellow Rubi-Kan`s.

*Archivates some papers*

(hidden bump)

I still dont understand how you fail to see the obvious connection. And by that I mean the fact that the Medusas are indeed creatures of Ancient Earth mythology....this indicates to me that they are indeed created in some ominous Omni-Tek laboratory.....perhaps as an experiment, who knows. Still, the only other option seems to far fetched....as the original Medusa Gorgon was beheaded by Perseus, and her head grafted onto the shield of Athene...a contemporary godess. Now, of course, her 2 Medusa sisters, were immortal according to the myth, and might of course have ended up here on Rubi-Ka....but, where would all the offspring come from...they arent exactly friendly to men, a rather important component when it comes to offspring. It continues to puzzle me, and I find it much interesting.
    Now, the Enigmas.....hmm....I think you have something there.

Anthony "Cogs" McDuff
    Pres. Rubi-Ka Freedom Fighters

Engimas are a species capable of reproduction and have a wonderful byproduct--oxygen. If anything, Omni-Tek probably produced the Engimas as an alternate form of terraforming. There location is probably due to the abundance of water in those regions which help sustain the Enigma's life.

I quote Valentina "Midia" Tepeshz:

"I assure you Ebony is not dead, she could be far more promising as a base for a new set of Medusas"

I still dont understand how you fail to see the obvious connection. And by that I mean the fact that the Medusas are indeed creatures of Ancient Earth mythology....this indicates to me that they are indeed created in some ominous Omni-Tek laboratory.....perhaps as an experiment, who knows. Still, the only other option seems to far fetched
    Perhaps these creatures are named Medusas only because they show a slight resemblance to their mythological counterparts, Cogs.

As far as the "non existance" of alien life goes, don't forget that there still are some unsolved mysteries dating from the time humanity first set foot upon this planet.

People had a bad habbit of dissapearing

The mummified remains of the crew of the "Rimor" are located by terraforming machines in the Outzone, more than six hundred kilometres from where they disappeared. The remains are brought to an Omni-Tek Outzone research station, OT-RS-051, for initial examination.
    As far as I know, OT never gave a sound explanation.

Yarko

There seems to be a split opinion here. The first half think the Enigmas and/or the Medusas are Aliens, not created by Omni Tek or native to Rubi-Ka.

The second half think they are created artificially by Omni-Tek, or eventually mutated over time.

However. These two races is..really too advanced and seem to be more than just your ordinary animal. They have their own culture, houses and even a social structure. The Medusas are prime examples of this. Its unsure wether they ARE dangerous to the Homo breed on Rubi-Ka, or not. The Medusas seems more capable of being a threat, but they doesnt seem to adapt as well to RK as the Enigmas. While the Enigma uses trees as houses, and they follow some kind of bioevolution, from twig to fully grown trees, the Medusas seems to prefer more technical wonders.

Yes, as Cham says, trying to find an answer to these two species will probably just result in twice as many questions.

I still have one finger on the trigger. I personally dont trust any of them. And the thing about Special Agent Lamb...? Uh-Huh I say.

Many years ago, I overheard a conversation about the Manteze population. Although the species is not involved in this discussion, they are true aliens that are said to have come from a meteor many, many years ago. I searched the Omni-Tek Archives for any information on them, and almost immediately discovered that they were indeed true aliens, or so said a certain high-ranking Omni-Tek scientist.

Im sure all this is old news, but I just thought id bring it up... saying much more on this topic may cost me my job.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast