Thread: Ztatik's new set of armor

Ztatik's new set of armor

This story takes place a long time ago.

I had just made level 65 and was in dire need of a new set of armor. As I had grown stronger with every level I decided it was time to ditch the kevlar and go for the ultimate piece of protective wear out there - Omni-Pol Elite!!! So, I set out on a shopping spree, but this alluring piece of armor was nowhere to be found! I visited every armorer in the Omni-Tek controlled cities, but they just laughed at me. “Why should we sell such an incredible armor?”, they said. "I can offer you these three parts of Chilled Plasteel instead. Exellent protection”, they said.

I then decided to do what everyone else does. I spent an entire day in front of a mission terminal and took only the missions that would grant me Omni-Pol Elite Armor as a reward. Given, I was way to weak to actually kill the guards inside these missions, I decided to do the smart thing and run like a madman blindly back and forth inside the mission until I found what I was looking for.

A week later I had finally managed to collect an entire set of the armor of my dreams. I aquired the help of a nice enforcer to equip it and...I looked GOOD!!! Man, I was never going to wear any back-armor! I wanted everyone to see how cool I looked. Extremely proud of my new look, I set of to do some good for the Omni-Tek corporation. My first mission involved, as usual, killing every clanner inside a small house.

As I arrived at my mission I noticed that there were three Metaphysicists guarding the main room. Judging from the yellow bars floating over their heads I estimated them to be about my level. Still I did not want to fight all three of them, since MP’s are known to fight dirty and have a tendency to attack your feet the first chance they get.

I remained standing in the open door for a while until two of the MP’s started walking towards the other end of the room. I then saw my chance and lured the third one into the entrance room. “It’s just you and me now”, I said. To this the MP replied, with a taunting smile; “I see you’re wearing a full set of Elite Armor” Baffled by the fact that clanners could speak at all, I opened my mouth to make a smart reply “Yep, I ju....”

“You died of weapon damage”

“Your items will be reclaimed and made available in 75 seconds”

“WTF”, I thought when I found myself standing next to my favourite reclaim terminal. “What just happened?” I looked down at my chest piece only to find a huge chunk of armor was missing. There were distinct marks all over my precious armor that could only have come from a metaphysic shield.

I took of the helmet and examined the small tag inside, it read: “Warning. This armor does not provide any protection at all against chemical attacks”.

Needless to say I ditched the Elite in the nearest vending machine and decided to go for the manly option: Flowers Tech.
    Last edited by Ztatik; May 11th, 2003 at 22:43:50.
    Depeche Ztatik Mode

Originally posted by Cz The money you would spend on a sports car have been spent on your AO account(s). I have invested them in a sports car for myself. I'll let you drool over a picture of it someday.

Re: Ztatik's new set of armor

Originally posted by Ztatic
    This story takes place a long time ago.

I had just made level 65 and was in dire need of a new set of armor. As I had grown stronger with every level I decided it was time to ditch the kevlar and go for the ultimate piece of protective wear out there - Omni-Pol Elite!!! So, I set of on a shopping spree, but this alluring piece of armor was nowhere to be found! I visited every armorer in the Omni-Tek controlled cities, but they just laughed at me. “Why should we sell such an incredible armor?”, they said. I can offer you these three parts of Chilled Plasteel instead. “Exellent protection”, they said.

I then decided to do what everyone else does. I spent an entire day in front of a mission terminal and took only the missions that would grant me Omni-Pol Elite Armor as a reward. Given, I was way to weak to actually kill the guards inside these missions, I decided to do the smart thing and run like a madman blindly back and forth inside the mission until I found what I was looking for.

A week later I had finally managed to collect an entire set of the armor of my dreams. I aquired the help of a nice enforcer to equip it and...I looked GOOD!!! Man, I was never going to wear any back-armor! I wanted everyone to see how cool I looked. Extremely proud of my new look, I set of to do some good for the Omni-Tek corporation. My first mission involved, as usual, killing every clanner inside a small house.

As I arrived at my mission I noticed that there were three Metaphysicists guarding the main room. Judging from the yellow bars floating over their heads I estimated them to be about my level. Still I did not want to fight all three of them, since MP’s are known to fight dirty and have a tendency to attack your feet the first chance they get.

I remained standing in the open door for a while until two of the MP’s started walking towards the other end of the room. I then saw my chance and lured the third one into the entrance room. “It’s just you and me now”, I said. To this the MP replied, with a taunting smile; “I see you’re wearing a full set of Elite Armor” Baffled by the fact that clanners could speak at all, I opened my mouth to make a smart reply “Yep, I ju....”

“You died of weapon damage”

“Your items will be reclaimed and made available in 75 seconds”

“WTF”, I thought when I found myself standing next to my favourite reclaim terminal. “What just happened?” I looked down at my chest piece only to find a huge chunk of armor was missing. There were distinct marks all over my precious armor that could only have come from a metaphysic shield.

I took of the helmet and examined the small tag inside, it read: “Warning. This armor does not provide any protection at all against chemical attacks”.

Needless to say I ditched the Elite in the nearest vending machine and decided to go for the manly option: Flowers Tech.
    *clap* *clap*
    Maybe you were just a nanogimp.
    [QAETUS]-[FIRST ORDER]
    Qaetus the Chain Insurance Claim Caster
    ‘I asked God for strength that I might achieve; I was made weak that I might learn humbly to obey.
    I asked for help that I might do greater things; I was given infirmity that I might do better things.
    I asked for riches that I might be happy; I was given poverty that I might be wise.
    I asked for all things that I might enjoy life; I was given life that I might enjoy all things.
    I got nothing that I asked for, but everything I had hoped for. Despite myself, my prayers were answered. I am among all men most richly blessed.’