Thread: Goodbye

Goodbye

Today I retired from my long standing position within Omni-Pol.
    For the time being I will be retiring to an appartment in Lush fields where I will spend the next couple of weeks.

I have filled out an application for Omni-Med to remove my Insurance files.

I am a tired man, and I feel that it is time to rest.
    When the time comes I will be ready to go.

I can finally smile knowing that the next time that I die, I will not see reclaim, I will finally be free.
    Tikon - Forever an MP. Rest in peace my dear old friend.

Remember, Life is a Journey, Not a Destination, So enjoy the ride..

The Miss Omni-Tek event will still go ahead. So dont worry.

OOC:

This is pretty surprising, Tikon, and very unexpected. I hope you're not making a hasty decision due to some reason you're not telling us.

You're one of the good eggs and even though we take shots at each other IC, I think you're one of the kindest, most helpful people in the game. I've seen you hanging out at the BB just giving out out buffs to anyone who asks and answering questions. The game will be a little less wonderful without you.

I hope you take a little time to think about things before you click the cancel button. But, if you are set in your decision, I wish you the best of luck and happiness.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

The times we stood together and discussed the future.. the ideas we threw at each other.. and now you have had to give it up... I'm sorry this is the decision you have made, maybe you will rethink... just travel safely and don't forget where we are.

Man, I already miss having you in guild chat, now I'll miss seeing your name under on-line friends even more.

Good times, bad times
    You know I've had my share

Take care bud! I hope your decision proves to be the right one for you!
    Felix "Likaetaren" Denk
    Squad Commander of Ragnarok
    NT to the bone.

thanks guys for the warm hearted replies. I do not know for sure If I will be leaving yet, it all depends on wether the Ao spark is rekindled in me. I will still be around from time to time. But If I do make the decision to go, then I will miss you all. We have been through alot together, good times and bad and weve had plenty of fun along the way. If I do leave, then I will have those happy memories to take with me.

Luv ya all

-Tik

I've seen many good people leave this world, and sadly many not come back. But as someone who's not too unknown to go for long walks out in the wilderness to rediscover themselves and the people around them I think it would definatly recommend a week or two, heck even a month with zero AO. Oddly enough you find you come back refreshed, and with a new life to things. The minor things which bugged you which you saw everyday they slip once more into the background and you can rediscover the fun. I've done this many times now.

I usually go out and dind a solo game to play for a week or so. Eek, even go outdoors if needed *shudder*. But its good to just get away from things and come back revitalised. Heck I know how this all feels, over 2 years of AO now and still here hehe...they bug me, heck they bug us all but we have our communities around us. The people who know you, and play with you. There is more here than a game, its about people and that is the biggest thing to stay here for. Coming back refreshed will as well as give yourself a nice bit of revitalised feeling also spread to others around you. And thats good for you and everyone else. Give it a try
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

/me is hit for 20000 of surprise damage

Originally posted by Nyadach
    I've seen many good people leave this world, and sadly many not come back. But as someone who's not too unknown to go for long walks out in the wilderness to rediscover themselves and the people around them I think it would definatly recommend a week or two, heck even a month with zero AO. Oddly enough you find you come back refreshed, and with a new life to things. The minor things which bugged you which you saw everyday they slip once more into the background and you can rediscover the fun. I've done this many times now.

I usually go out and dind a solo game to play for a week or so. Eek, even go outdoors if needed *shudder*. But its good to just get away from things and come back revitalised. Heck I know how this all feels, over 2 years of AO now and still here hehe...they bug me, heck they bug us all but we have our communities around us. The people who know you, and play with you. There is more here than a game, its about people and that is the biggest thing to stay here for. Coming back refreshed will as well as give yourself a nice bit of revitalised feeling also spread to others around you. And thats good for you and everyone else. Give it a try
    This is definitely true. Mine took 3 or 4 months and I'm having lots of fun now

Think it over but in the end, do whats right for you. If whats right for you is leaving AO, like has been said, you'll be missed.
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

I'm pretty suprised that you may be leaving us as well Tikon, you have been one of the more prolific posters on this forum, as well as one of the nicer and more helpful folks on the Omni-Tek side. Best of luck to you in all your future endeavours, and should you decide to return I'm positive I'm not the only one that would be glad to see you back on Rubi-Ka .

Ok this is REEEALY starting to depress me. Why are all these people leaving ?

((blame it on the ewoks))

((Yes, must be the ewoks.

I never had a real chance to do anything with you ingame, but wish I had- from the boards and from what Nevver says you seem like a really nice person and I'm sad to see you go. We're losing too many of the good people and not enough of the meanies...

Well, I hope you have fun wherever you go. Good luck. ))
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

((I didn't get the chance to really RP with you in game either, but damn... losing another RPer? Ack...

Well, maybe 'taking a break' would be better than cancelling. maybe in a wek, a month, things will seem different? My studies sort of forced me to take small breaks here and there, and it helped, all the same, in allowing me to reconsidereate and see that I still like AO. So, maybe, maybe...

Anyway, whatever you decide to do, I just hope you don't regret it...))
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

Yeah il take a break for a bit, Do the Miss Omni-Tek event, and then see where I go from there.

And Missmaul you did Rp with me quite a bit, you just didnt know it was me *Wink*

((*hides under the bed*))
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

I hope you decide to stay Tikon... You are a "doer", and we need those in this game, more now than ever.

But if your choice ends up taking you elsewhere, never stop being that "doer"... They are always the ones who succeed in the end.

I remember your New Years Party at Rompa, and how much fun it was... half drunk, half sleep-depped, and totally loving it. =)

... Good Times
    *Cuts to the cold static of an ended Grid-feed...*

Division 9 RSGE

Whatever choice you make Tikon,I wish you the best.
    Dirk "Maxflier" Pitt
    215/30 Agent

(( People are leaving cause there are newer alternatives.

I didn't say better, just newer. Most people are fed up with the amount of repetitive nature we have to continously go through as far as Roleplaying cause not matter what activity we spark or push FunCom let's it rot in the sun...

So yeah maybe it's the Ewoks, Dropships, or just something else that they gathered interest in that was more entertaining than AO...

I know that most of these folks have been here for over a year, if not longer... I don't know how they have done it, cause even I am getting fed up with the repetitive nature of RP here...

Get some rest Tikon... maybe something new will spark and you will see a brighter day on the horizon.))
    Graduate of the Elite Academy

Viray's Yalm Cleaning Services

Viray's Taxi Co.

The moral highground was levelled the very day the first player landed in a backyard, saw a cute leet and said "I wonder what it drops?"

- Savoy