Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: A Treaty for Neutrals

Originally posted by Tifanyx

((Actually, you can tell by the token board. We as Clan or Omni, wear them with pride around our necks. Neutrals do not have the token board. So it is easy to tell from an RP perspective. I do agree whole heartedly about going on a persons IC actions. The problem exists, however, because people ignore their IC actions and still claim neutrality. So stupid arguments like this will exist, and continue.))
    ((well i still dont see how it matters at all, does it effect your enjoyment of the game?))
    Omni-Pol intelligence report for Peregrinus Praecautus
    Known applicant of Third Faction
    Warning! Record is being accessed by an external source of unknown origin.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

OOC

Dynamic faction will make it matter.

Kill enough Omni mobs and you are KOS in Omni territory.

Same goes for neut and clan...

I can hardly wait. MUAHAHAHAHA!
    Bliqz, Agent, Omni, Atlantean, "Iron Chef of Rubi-Ka"
    God is a bullet.

((The IC only RP forum is back. Bliqz is an Omni Extremist, and his posts IN THAT FORUM reflect that attitude. I can be reached by PM if you feel I have personaly offended you, and I will be happy to change/temper my post. Thank you, and have fun!))

LOL the neutrals set such high demands in this "treaty", what do the sideds get in return? you wont attack us? I both sincerely doubt it and on top of that, quite honestly with all of the corruption i have seen in the neutrals, they arent that much of a threat. Plus the fact that everything in this so-called treaty is in the favor of neutrals only, no advantages to the true sided factions. I agree to not attack neutral orgs, unless they attack us- then those orgs are dead rotting meat on a stick. Call it as you may, but thats what I call a fair compromise.

Re: OOC

Originally posted by Bliqz
    Dynamic faction will make it matter.

Kill enough Omni mobs and you are KOS in Omni territory.

Same goes for neut and clan...

I can hardly wait. MUAHAHAHAHA!
    ((Kill enough Omni mobs, yes become KOS in Omni territory. However, if I kill a bunch of Sentinels, I better not be KOS to any clanner but the Sentinels. Basically, OmniTek should have one faction. I.e. You kill any Omni mob, you get bad Omni faction points. However, it should be more complicated with the neutral and clanner mobs IMHO. The clans aren't one entity and neither are the neutrals and shouldn't be treated as one.))
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

Re: Re: OOC

Originally posted by Uwen
    ((Kill enough Omni mobs, yes become KOS in Omni territory. However, if I kill a bunch of Sentinels, I better not be KOS to any clanner but the Sentinels. Basically, OmniTek should have one faction. I.e. You kill any Omni mob, you get bad Omni faction points. However, it should be more complicated with the neutral and clanner mobs IMHO. The clans aren't one entity and neither are the neutrals and shouldn't be treated as one.))
    ((then again its not really omni and clan, its redeemed and unredeemed, nothing neut apart from the exact inbetween, so really, I would guess it wont work like that)).
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Re: Re: OOC

Originally posted by Uwen

(( Not singing the "if you attack 1 clanner you're attacking all clanners" now, are you? ))

Re: Re: Re: OOC

Originally posted by Cemetarygate

(( Not singing the "if you attack 1 clanner you're attacking all clanners" now, are you? ))
    ((No, I talk out of both sides of my mouth, remember? I will have ya note I was talking about people who are not clanners attacking clanners, and I stand by my statement with its qualifications that I've already stated ))

((then again its not really omni and clan, its redeemed and unredeemed, nothing neut apart from the exact inbetween, so really, I would guess it wont work like that)).
    ((True, but if the Sentinels are Redeemed, I'll fill out an employment application ))
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

Originally posted by duuude006
    LOL the neutrals set such high demands in this "treaty", what do the sideds get in return? you wont attack us? I both sincerely doubt it and on top of that, quite honestly with all of the corruption i have seen in the neutrals, they arent that much of a threat. Plus the fact that everything in this so-called treaty is in the favor of neutrals only, no advantages to the true sided factions. I agree to not attack neutral orgs, unless they attack us- then those orgs are dead rotting meat on a stick. Call it as you may, but thats what I call a fair compromise.
    I agree with you on many points here, but most importantly you actually addressed the treaty, unlike most of the trolls on this thread. Although I dont' know how you get off saying neuts are corrupt? We are not one group, and that's the failing of the treaty, and everyone's efforts to pidgeon hole us into one catagory. I for one am agains all notum Mining so of course I dont' like the treaty.
    Aazamon General of the Nanomage Liberation Front

28973 The first Homo Nano is born in an Omni-Tek laboratory. The inclusion of trace notum into the DNA sequencing of Nano foetuses means that this breed is able to live only on Rubi-Ka.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

The Nanomage Liberation Front

Greetings,

Posted by Duuude:
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    *Sumo shakes Duuude hand*
    Finally a response about the treaty I can reply to from a sided. I was beginning to think I wasted alot of time posting clan jokes to divert them from this thread.

To answer what do the sided get I would have to say not anything directly as one would expect from a neutral treaty but maybe some residuel effects.

1. To ask Borepac members a grant of a temporary cease fire on all mining operations during the scientific data research of NLC zone. That would really benefit all.

2. I can only state for EO but in the treaty Merc guilds can be required not to attack treaty members. That would benefit some sided orgs.

3. Merc or non merc removal: It really all depends on the composition of treaty members, I can only speculate that if they bulk was anti merc some concessions would be made. The reverse would also be true. That would be a indirect benefit to clan or omni.

4. Compostion of who recognizes treaty. This is also speculative. In a rpg sense if one side recognizes the treaty more then the other side. World or even Galaxy opinion might be swayed. (Of course that is dependent on weither or not you care to be known as the good or bad guys Again only speculative if say more clan guilds where to voice reconition of treaty there might be a small chance that neutral orgs who draw it up might be swayed in favor of one more then the other. I myself would like to see a balence but people write treaties and bias can happen. Hopefully we can avoid this by getting alot of neut orgs to participate.

All these is dependent on at least half the neutral orgs and half the Borepac members coming together. With the withdrawl of IR support it makes it that much harder. I respect there choice but as I said the treaty is in a delicate state atm.

Hope I answered your questions msg me if you have any concerns or did not understand and thanks again.

Sincerely, Sumokan of Elite Operations
    Last edited by Morena; May 21st, 2003 at 14:39:30.

Originally posted by Aazamon
    I for one am agains all notum Mining so of course I dont' like the treaty.
    Perhaps you should talk to such clan organizations as Gaia or Eco Warriors. Your ideologies are similar in some regards. Very unlikely, however, considering you hold too much pride in your neutral status. Nonetheless, good to see neutrals hold more clan ideologies than Omni. At least when we win the war we know you'll be most receptive to those ideologies we strive to put in place.

Perhaps you should talk to such clan organizations as Gaia or Eco Warriors. Your ideologies are similar in some regards. Very unlikely, however, considering you hold too much pride in your neutral status. Nonetheless, good to see neutrals hold more clan ideologies than Omni. At least when we win the war we know you'll be most receptive to those ideologies we strive to put in place.
    I would love to get in contact with these organizations, however every time I enter major Clan cities I'm treated with such incredible hate that it makes it nearly impossible to make inquiries to these honorable Clans. I'll say this, the warrior spirit prevails in the Clans, but is unfortunately taking over completely. I'm shot at in Tir, Harrassed in Athen, only West Athen do I feel moderately safe. But of course this is another matter, my neutrallity is to the Omni Clan conflict as I see my aggressors and the aggressors to the planet on both sides. This is also true of the Neutral side, and this treaty. But again the nuetrals are not a faction and do not share any ideologies even if we make treaties for self defence or singular objectives.

28973 The first Homo Nano is born in an Omni-Tek laboratory. The inclusion of trace notum into the DNA sequencing of Nano foetuses means that this breed is able to live only on Rubi-Ka.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

But of course this is another matter, my neutrallity is to the Omni Clan conflict as I see my aggressors and the aggressors to the planet on both sides. This is also true of the Neutral side, and this treaty. But again the nuetrals are not a faction and do not share any ideologies even if we make treaties for self defence or singular objectives.
    To be neutral to our conflict is not to support either side of our conflict. Yet, you not only verbally support Gaia and/or Eco Warriors clan views of the conflict you take physical action to support those clan views.

If you wish to remain neutral to our conflict then I would urge to stop supporting our clan affiliations and be neutral to our conflict.

To be neutral to our conflict is not to support either side of our conflict. Yet, you not only verbally support Gaia and/or Eco Warriors clan views of the conflict you take physical action to support those clan views.

If you wish to remain neutral to our conflict then I would urge to stop supporting our clan affiliations and be neutral to our conflict.
    Who are you to tell me who I can or can't support? I did not say I support these orgs, but I'd wish to contact them and I would probably support them. I am neutral to the Omni-Tek/Clan war because it is about controlling the Notum for exploitation, and I am agains Notum exploitation, therefore I am against both sides in this war. I have my own beliefs, some shared by individual Clans, some shared by employee's of Omni-Tek. I reserve the right to determine who I will conduct business, ally, hate, or fight on my terms. You have no Authority over me, for I am NANOMAGE first, neutral second, and NEVER shall I be Clan or Omni-Tek.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

Who are you to tell me who I can or can't support? I did not say I support these orgs, but I'd wish to contact them and I would probably support them. I am neutral to the Omni-Tek/Clan war because it is about controlling the Notum for exploitation, and I am agains Notum exploitation, therefore I am against both sides in this war. I have my own beliefs, some shared by individual Clans, some shared by employee's of Omni-Tek. I reserve the right to determine who I will conduct business, ally, hate, or fight on my terms. You have no Authority over me, for I am NANOMAGE first, neutral second, and NEVER shall I be Clan or Omni-Tek.
    You're right, what am I thinking. Just because you have shown a great deal of support for the clan side doesn't mean you support our side because you haven't said the exact words, "I support your side," yet. Don't know why I didn't see that before. Anyway, feel free to keep supporting our side, or not supporting our side as you call it *nudge nudge wink wink*, and we won't officaly say you support our side until you make a public announcment.

You're right, what am I thinking. Just because you have shown a great deal of support for the clan side doesn't mean you support our side because you haven't said the exact words, "I support your side," yet. Don't know why I didn't see that before. Anyway, feel free to keep supporting our side, or not supporting our side as you call it *nudge nudge wink wink*, and we won't officaly say you support our side until you make a public announcment.
    I certainly do NOT support the side of the Clans! The majority of the Clans side are thugs and criminals! By your logic I should say that Eco Warriors and Gaia should change to neutral or at least Borpact because they are closer to that than the Clans ideology! But I let them decide for themselves where thier loyalties lay.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

I certainly do NOT support the side of the Clans! The majority of the Clans side are thugs and criminals! By your logic I should say that Eco Warriors and Gaia should change to neutral or at least Borpact because they are closer to that than the Clans ideology! But I let them decide for themselves where thier loyalties lay.
    You took the words right out of my mouth. However, the only reason I couldn't see Eco Warriors or Gaia becomming neutral is that they created thier agendas before Borpac existed. So, they are clan agendas, not neutral. Why are you trying to pass them off as neutral? For all we know Borpac was plagerized from Gaia and Eco Warrior guild charters.

You took the words right out of my mouth. However, the only reason I couldn't see Eco Warriors or Gaia becomming neutral is that they created thier agendas before Borpac existed. So, they are clan agendas, not neutral. Why are you trying to pass them off as neutral? For all we know Borpac was plagerized from Gaia and Eco Warrior guild charters.
    Thanks for being so constructive and for flinging absolutely unsubstantiated remarks at both the Nanomage Liberation Front and Desert winds. The Borpac was created in response to ICC's deregulation of surface mining on Rubi-Ka. Any similarities to any other similar documents is circumstantial if they exist at all. Please refrain from slander Cemetarygate it doesn't suit you. Now that this is said and done, about the Treaty at question. I am saying I don't see any Borpac supporting this treaty. Thank you and good bye.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

((before anyone gives me poo over desert winds origins, the guild originated before AO existed as a vague idea I had after reading Kim Stanley Robinson's Mars trilogy with respect the Mars First and Reds of Mars groups. If you search for posts by solarfyre on the stratics AO forum you will find some posts about the idea.))
    Omni-Pol intelligence report for Peregrinus Praecautus
    Known applicant of Third Faction
    Warning! Record is being accessed by an external source of unknown origin.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

Cem, what are you talking about?

Read this:

Originally posted by Cz
    Gaia
    Gaia is an environmentally oriented clan, led by Sister Elsabet. Their goal is to construct a new nation, a Garden of Eden, on the opposite side of the planet. Affiliated with the Council of Truth.

Eco Warriors
    Eco Warriors is an extremist militant clan with conservationist and environmentalist dogma, which states that humans have no rightful place on Rubi-Ka.

How do either of these relate to BORPAC, Desert Winds or the NLF?

We are all decendant from Human. BORPAC wants to put an end to Notum Mining. They don't care who lives on this planet. Even if it is just Nanomages, which its not, Nanomages are decendants of Humanity. So BORPAC is not in line with Eco Warriors.

Gaia, while environmentally oriented, wants to build a NEW society on the other side of the planet.

Last I checked, BORPAC doesn't want to recreate a "new nation".

So I ask again. What are you talking about?

As Aazamon has stated, any similarities between the groups charters is circumstantial.

Originally posted by Tifanyx
    So I ask again. What are you talking about?
    ideologies are similar in some regards.
    As you can see, I didn't say identical, but "similar in some regards." Such as, both Gaia and Borpac being "environmentally oriented" while Eco Warriors and Borpac both being "extremist militant with conservationist and environmentalist dogma."

Perhaps "plagergize" is the incorrect word to use, but certainly does appear Borpac has taken views from both of these clan guilds.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast